Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri (25840 Views)

South-east Groans Under IPOB Sit-at-home, Secessionists’ Order Grounds Businesse / Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill / IPOB Sit At Home Protest, 2018: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by oshozondii: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
{Owerri, the Imo State capital, was a shadow of itself on Monday as residents continued to stay indoors in compliance with the sit-at-home order of the Indigenous People of Biafra in the five South-East states of Nigeria.

This has continued two months after the separatist group, IPOB, said it had cancelled its weekly sit-at-home order in protest against the detention of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, by the Federal Government.

On Monday in Owerri, banks, schools, markets and offices were under lock and key.

Our correspondent who monitored the development, saw youths playing football at Ikenegbu, a place known for huge economic activities.

Students of Imo State University refused to attend lecturers as parents and guardians kept their children and wards at home.

Apart from pharmacy shops, all the stalls on Mbari, Okigwe Road, Imo State University junction, Control Post Roundabout, Akwakuma, Amakaohia and Wethedral roads, were locked.

A few persons who came out were seen trekking as commercial vehicles stayed away from the roads.

Our correspondent saw security operatives mounting a roadblock at the Orji flyover on Owerri- Okigwe Road, as other security agents patrolled the town.

A newspaper vendor, simply known as Onyebuchi, told our correspondent that he was not making sales as many of his customers did not come out.

He said, “I have not been making sales since morning. No sales at all. I just came out because it is better to be here than to be at home doing nothing.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-Igbos-sit-at-home-order-grounds-owerri-again/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1634560532

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by athaboi(f): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
The people has decided to stay at home in solidarity with justice! The thieves of politicians who think they can order the masses around should hide their head in shame especially that illegal shameless Hope

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Maxymilliano(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
The governor seems to have lost control of the States to the proscribed group.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by LeeSantos(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
grin 2nd time is a charm.
If ojukwu didn't succeed on their sovereignty.
This time they need to.
They can't continue sharing a country with people who have being fighting corruption for over 60yrs cus corruption cannot kill itself.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by donprinyo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
Whether u like it or not, MNK must be free

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by FalseProphet1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biafra will become a reality sooner than you expected.

This I have seen.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by zedegit: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
It's unfortunate what a bunch of touts have turned a city to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by nicho450(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
We can do nothing against the truth but for the truth

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by okpalaAnambra: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
grin grin grin

No sit-at-home in Awka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Amspecial: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
grin
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by googlepikins: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Afonjas and their Fulani herdsmen brothers are Smokers.

North East and North West have been deserted and heaven didn't fall.

But South East want their true leader release by sitting at home for one day, Nairaland and their Fulani government won't let us hear word.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by pansophist(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ipob seems to be more powerful than the ruling government. And that's the result you'll get when tyranny meets a just cause.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kinematics:
They should sink the place, not just ground it...
why cry more than the bereaved

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Na normal. Even Supreme Court Governor don't go to office on Monday, tho we know he's an Abuja based fulani governor

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Literally there are no Governors in the East like there is no President in Aso Rock

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by DoggoneDogg: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
The day Afonjas will cooperate on anything in this manner, trumpet go blow.

Igbo unity pain dem pass anything. grin
Dem go full here now dey cap nonsense to mask the pain

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by JavaScript90: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
I can remember when the ambazonia crisis started. The Amazonians was demanding for restructuring and more autonomy but the Cameroonian government led by Paul biya(for his mind he has support of France). The Amazonians fought with Dane guns but recently, they are wielding automatic riffles and submachine guns. Today the Amazonians are controlling over 70% of their territories where the Cameroonian soldiers can't step foot. Paul biya is begging the boys for roundtable dialogue and restructuring (something he was killing them for) but the boys has refused and gone for outright secession and disintegration.

Every conflict ends in the roundtable. The federal government should go for negotiations. Why must the African man want blood to be spilled before he can listen? Insecurity and the bloodshed in southeast is avoidable. Government should choose the path that will avoid spilling human blood

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Elchele(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Won't this their sit at home have some adverse effects on their economy like this?

1 Like

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by MrCover: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nawa o
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Authoreety: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
I just want all this to end..
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by bigjosh88: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Pls help a brother, I need a job...anything at all to take care of my family pls help 08124427816
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Ashez: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ok
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Drsnives(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Make una get sense nah
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by MANDIPUTIN: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
I thought Ipob said the sit at home is on Thursday 21st October

1 Like

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by colestephan86: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
donprinyo:
Whether u like it or not, MNK must be free
Lol, this isn't getting to the FG in any ways

2 Likes

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Millimann: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Some people will come and cry more than the bereaved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Agroexport101(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
say no to violence, join for business videos that can make you millions, search for BIG MAN BUSINESS on youtube follow my channel for business ideas
Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Chaiiiii, ala Owerri Owerri, ala ndi ngwori. Ebe Ana achop life, when u chop life people go fear u.
Umunnem bikonu enjoy it jare, Osondi owendi
I know enemies are coming with their theory, I have spotted one up their, as if his life and generation depends on the East.
Some will start preaching of how igbos are turning into Afghanistan while their villages are burning
Some will tell u that when igbos finish killing themselves, they should not step their foot in their land. While some of their brethren are refugees in Benin Republic.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kinematics:
They should sink the place, not just ground it...

E shock u but we no as e de be. So we are no longer lovers of money more than life abi....

Waiting for your next line of iberiberism

7 Likes

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by Kinematics: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
EddyNumerouno:

why cry more than the bereaved

Do I look like I'm crying?

I'm happy they are doing their nonsense in their SE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB’s Sit-at-Home Order Grounds Owerri by MANDIPUTIN: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Anambra election: 2Face Idibia urges youths to be agents of peace.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/anambra-youths-group-kicks-off-vote-not-fight-campaign/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa / Fayose To Buhari: Go Ahead And Probe Jonathan, Don't Announce It / FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.