Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? (2883 Views)

Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Matheusmartin: 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
And the lady in question, if you check very well, is most likely jobless.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by RightToReject(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Given that gumption, and maybe passion, are the thin barriers preventing the Uber driver from being the next financial service firm owner within the next few weeks or two months at maximum - not necessarily owning a VC fund firm or bank at this point because of an obvious reason - with the possibility of even poaching her from her said present place of work in the near future and making her a staff, the answer to your question by any discerning lady who is a proponent of altruism should be; why not? Provided that the man is trustworthy and has an altruistic interest in her.

She should go for him if she is certain that he is gumptious, trustworthy, and has an altruistic interest in her. 99.9% of people who are poor/unable to become financially successful/doing unappealing jobs are so not because of the big money they don't have, but because they lack passion and are not gumptious in general.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Raalsalghul: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
CountVersailles:

Na so dem dey set people up ni grin

Then she should not marry him.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by CountVersailles(f): 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dailyparrot:

This question is confusing.

Is her concern about the amount the driver earns or about how demeaning being an Uber driver is?

Does she have problem with identifying the guy as an Uber driver or she's just worried about the income compared to hers?

Uber driving is like any other driving job, it is humiliating but rewarding. So, I don't know what her concerns are
Her concerns cut across. Earning, job reputation, etc. But she's considering it for two reasons
1. He is a good guy. He's fine too grin
2. And he's financially mature the way he invests.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by CountVersailles(f): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Matheusmartin:
And the lady in question, if you check very well, is most likely jobless.
Far from it
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mariahAngel(f): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
crackhaus:

Then this is all that matters.

She could also set him up for bigger opportunities through her connections.

>My good friend Buka.tyne recently convinced me that you modern women are also good at developing your men. grin

You will be very unforgiving. grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Matheusmartin: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2021
CountVersailles:

Far from it
If she consider him too low, she should let him be and go for bigger guns.

Life nor too dy hard.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Samishiba: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
Yes why not? In my opinion the profesions with womanizers are doctors and police.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Zico777(m): 2:37am On Oct 19, 2021
Iyaebe:
No I will not,I don't know how to lie and pretend.
U will rather prefer a yahoo boy!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mrblessed(m): 6:20am On Oct 19, 2021
I don't think you have a scintilla of love for this hardworking man, the very reason you are not proud of his means of livelihood. With this mindset of yours, the young has no business being close to you, since you are already convinced that he does not fit into your "class." This needlessly self-created ordeal of yours feeds to the popular trope/narrative about women's obsession of marrying financially stable and well-to-do guys, and their corresponding disdain for men who are "struggling."

Who says he is going to be an Uber driver forever? You? The problem with ladies who think they have achieved a degree of success is their irrational fondness to look down on men, even those with good prospects. I will advice you focus on "executive" men out there, whom you are convinced suffer no job hazard that is lethal. It's more appropriate for you because these men match your "executive" social status and appear way more presentable, instead of a mere driver who earns peanut for a living.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by FanOfMyself: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2021
mrblessed:
I don't think you have a scintilla of love for this hardworking man, the very reason you are not proud of his means of livelihood. With this mindset of yours, the young has no business being close to you, since you are already convinced that he does not fit into your "class." This needlessly self-created ordeal of yours feeds to the popular trope/narrative about women's obsession of marrying financially stable and well-to-do guys, and their corresponding disdain for men who are "struggling."

Who says he is going to be an Uber driver forever? You? The problem with ladies who think they have achieved a degree of success is their irrational fondness to look down on men, even those with good prospects. I will advice you focus on "executive" men out there, whom you are convinced suffer no job hazard that is lethal. It's more appropriate for you because these men match your "executive" social status and appear way more presentable, instead of a mere driver who earns peanut for a living.
Thank you bros for this masterpiece!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Raalsalghul: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2021
crackhaus:

But men do it for you people na... grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6788228/cost-getting-married-poor-family#106486188

Can you see why I was hyperventilating on the above thread why that Op should not marry that lady with her mum and six siblings.
In that thread, the Op had to worry about the lady's family and his too, yet they kept guilt tripping him with words like "she's supportive, she's this, she's that, who would marry poor people, bla bla di bla"?.

Tables have been reversed now, she has seen a hardworking guy and perhaps don't need to worry about the extra baggage of his family. Better still, the guy is even busy oh and intelligent in this case and maybe only needs the right connection to upgrade.
Yet from the disposition you can see she won't go ahead with it with excuses already ranging from the usual "class/status issues" to invented ones like unknown gunmen.

Assuming it was a poor/broke lady, the thread for don reach page 10 with buzzwords like "supportive, good woman, empowering her" everywhere.

Honestly,I don't know when some men will have sense.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2021
Bola146:
Mumu question, are they not human beings? Are they not hardworking? undecided must you depend on his earnings? Ladies too are doing the work.

How is it a mumu question?
I've come to discover one thing here and that, Not letting people express their feelings. You expect people to talk or react in a certain way or the way you want.

Op has sincerely expressed her concerns over a matter and only wants to have everyones take as she believes it will be different from hers and all you need do is share your thoughts instead of the name calling.

Ok, going by your submission. Can you marry an aboki "shoe shinner"? It's a harmless question and no one is saying they are not human beings but every one has his or her reservations about certain choices in life and you shouldn't criticize them for it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by DaInferno(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2021
CountVersailles:
Ladies, can you marry someone who does uber full time? No other source of income besides uber every week. He earns well though and invests his money. But has no other source of income.

The lady in question is a top executive at a venture capital. They met in his uber car.
sisi, u no try, that uber driver self no suppose settle with person like you that is if na you and If no be you, you still no try because you suppose advice whoever ask this kind question make e no reach NL. Aswear e go pain me, cus I feel say most ladies dn the get wise up these days considering things and things. Either way, u fall my hand undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by DaInferno(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2021
Nanaborga:

She’s asking if you can marry an Uber driver , yes or no
GTFO Jo!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by DaInferno(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

shocked

I'll further it for you sisi

Don't marry a farmer cus heardsmen are after them
Don't marry police cus they're UGM target
Don't marry a soldier cus of boko boys
Don't marry a banker cus of thugs that invade protests
Don't marry a politician pikin cus bandit dey target them
Don't marry a well to do youth cus EFCC will come after him
Don't marry a Nairalander cus redpill dey choke them

We all should be wearing coffins as clothes cus no one is safe in this shithole.

Na convent be the last resort o
Safety in Nigeria is now in God's hand.
grin you nailed it the fk out grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by DaInferno(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

I've come to discover one thing here and that, Not letting people express their feelings. You expect people to talk or react in a certain way or the way you want.

Op has sincerely expressed her concerns over a matter and only wants to have everyones take as she believes it will be different from hers and all you need do is share your thoughts instead of the name calling.

Ok, going by your submission. Can you marry an aboki "shoe shinner"? It's a harmless question and no one is saying they are not human beings but every one has his or her reservations about certain choices in life and you shouldn't criticize them for it.
abegi...Don't bring other things into it, it's uber driver they asked,not aboki shoe shiner.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 19, 2021
DaInferno:
abegi...Don't bring other things into it, it's uber driver they asked,not aboki shoe shiner.

Kikikikiiii... grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Raalsalghul: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

But you were on the above thread canvassing for the Op to marry an SSCE holder who has nothing going for her.

You didn't think the Op then had his reservations and concerns.

I guess these are some of the reasons I trolled you in the past.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2021
Raalsalghul:

But you were on the above thread canvassing for the Op to marry an SSCE holder who has nothing going for her.

You didn't think the Op then had his reservations and concerns.

I guess these are some of the reasons I trolled you in the past.

Your point exactly?

I see You've started again.

Please, don't mention me again.

Thank you.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Generaloluseye: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2021
CountVersailles:
Ladies, can you marry someone who does uber full time? No other source of income besides uber every week. He earns well though and invests his money. But has no other source of income.

The lady in question is a top executive at a venture capital. They met in his uber car.

You are that lady
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by CountVersailles(f): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2021
Generaloluseye:

You are that lady
No I'm not. Wake up from your dreaming.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Generaloluseye: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2021
CountVersailles:

No I'm not. Wake up from your dreaming.

Ok. Just know that things change in life. A banker can loose his job and decide to be an uber driver for the time being. So don't marry because of things that can change
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by DukeNija(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2021
Holybwoy:

Your sister contemplating to even settle down with an Uber driver meant only one thing- she doesn't mind how much he earns..

My bro is looking for a woman with great future who they can pull resources together to achieve greatness.. he will also give her the chance to be anything she wants to be..

For emphasis, he owns his own construction firm on the island

Why is he not married? Why can’t he find a wife himself?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

An aboki shoe shinner is mostly uneducated & doesn't earn as much as an Uber driver. An Uber driver makes around 40k a week or more if he his serious.

The point is nobody wants to end up with a struggling dude.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

An aboki shoe shinner is mostly uneducated & doesn't earn as much as an Uber driver. An Uber driver makes around 40k a week or more if he his serious.

The point is nobody wants to end up with a struggling dude.

You don't get my point. I was just trying to make her understand that every one is entitled to his/her choice. While she may not see anything wrong in settling for an Uber driver, another person may have her reservations and it doesn't make them a " mumu". It's a matter of choice and you can't force your opinion on others just because you feel it's "right"

Also, you cant speak for everyone as pe " nobody wants to go for a struggling man". Its an Individual choice. I know some girls who settled for struggling guys for reasons best known to them. After all, it's women that are marrying guys living in one room face me I slap you and bearing many children in that one room apartment. So??

Let's free one another, abeg. Allow people to make their choice without making them look or feel bad with unecessary criticisms.
Its their life and not yours. They will be the ones to live with it, not us.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

You don't get my point. I was just trying to make her understand that every one is entitled to his/her choice. While she may not see anything wrong in settling for an Uber driver, another person may have her reservations and it doesn't make them a " mumu". It's a matter of choice and you can't force your opinion on others just because you feel it's "right"

Also, you cant speak for everyone as pe " nobody wants to go for a struggling man". Its an Individual choice. I know some girls who settled for struggling guys for reasons best known to them. After all, it's women that are marrying guys living in one room face me I slap you and bearing many children in that one room apartment. So??

Let's free one another, abeg. Allow people to make their choice without making them look or feel bad with unecessary criticisms.
Its their life and not yours. They will be the ones to live with it, not us.

"As pe" Yoruba slang grin

Omo its not individual choice anything oh, no woman will open her eyes and settle for less if she has a better option. The bottom line is that she has a higher status and has a choice of better men in the nearest future if she keeps looking, but the person available now is a struggling Uber driver.

So that's the reality, no woman wants to suffer. The people who agreed to live in face me I slap you never found men who were willing to upgrade them. They simply went with their poor options.

My worry is when men are making their own choices, it looks like suddenly life is unfair to the ladies. When in reality we are also trying to avoid poverty.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

"As pe" Yoruba slang grin

Omo its not individual choice anything oh, no woman will open her eyes and settle for less if she has a better option. The bottom line is that she has a higher status and has a choice of better men in the nearest future if she keeps looking, but the person available now is a struggling Uber driver.

So that's the reality, no woman wants to suffer. The people who agreed to live in face me I slap you never found men who were willing to upgrade them. They simply went with their poor options.

My worry is when men are making their own choices, it looks like suddenly life is unfair to the ladies. When in reality we are also trying to avoid poverty.

Again, I repeat. It's a matter of choice.
I've left a Yankee pastor suitor before for a struggling guy. I mean.. a struggling guy who was squatting at the time just because I dig him more than the pastor guy. So, whenever I say something, it always from personal experience not what I heard.

It's only when there's no love for that fellow that people come up with a gazillion of excuses.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

Again, I repeat. It's a matter of choice.
I've left a Yankee pastor suitor before for a struggling guy. I mean.. a struggling guy who was squatting at the time just because I dig him more than the pastor guy. So, whenever I say something, it always from personal experience not what I heard.

It's only when there's no love for that fellow that people come up with a gazillion of excuses.

I think I have read this story from you before, i can bet my life on it that there was so much more to the struggling dude than just the tag _struggling_ , besides a good looking tall guy will be giving more consideration. So i can guess the Pastor guy was short, black and ugly, or has anger issues. There must have been something terrible about the Pastor suitor.

I wasn't born yesterday, trust me. Women don't go for second best. Never ever will it happen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

I think I have read this story from you before, i can bet my life on it that there was so much more to the struggling dude than just the tag _struggling_ , besides a good looking tall guy will be giving more consideration. So i can guess the Pastor guy was short, black and ugly, or has anger issues. There must have been something terrible about the Pastor suitor.

I wasn't born yesterday, trust me. Women don't go for second best. Never ever will it happen!

Lol... In fact, you just stated the opposite.

The pst was taller, fresher, more "ajebotic" with a very polished diction. Very Clean and gentle guy while the struggling guy was average, dark, ugly and rugged. Though, he too got a good dress Sense and speaks well too but no job, no house.
I think I chose him over the pst guy because I had feelings for him but I didn't have feelings for the pst. He was just too gentlemanly for my liking. But the other guy was more "streetwise" in a responsible and respectful way though.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mercychen:

Lol... In fact, you just stated the opposite.

The pst was taller, fresher, more "ajebotic" with a very polished diction. Very Clean and gentle guy while the struggling guy was average, dark, ugly and rugged. Though, he too got a good dress Sense and speaks well too but no job, no house.
I think I chose him over the pst guy because I had feelings for him but I didn't have feelings for the pst. He was just too gentlemanly for my liking. But the other guy was more "streetwise" in a responsible and respectful way though.

Alright let's agree to disagree then, because I don't believe a word you say.

I can pretend that I believe but there is no point pretending.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
truthsayer009:

Alright let's agree to disagree then, because I don't believe a word you say.

I can pretend that I believe but there is no point pretending.

Whatever tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re Pls Help I Dont Love My Wife,an Unfortunate Update / 5 Good Reasons Why You Should Marry Early / How To Make Baby Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.