Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,355 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

Lai Mohammed Speaks On Diverting N100M Meant For Kwara Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Speaks On Diverting N100M Meant For Kwara Governor (136 Views)

2023: Lai Mohammed Speaks On Fate Of Ngige, Malami, Others As Ministers / COVID-19: Bala Mohammed Speaks From Isolation (Video, Pictures) / Lai Mohammed Speaks On Amaechi Tape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Speaks On Diverting N100M Meant For Kwara Governor by Calculating: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2021
Lai Mohammed, Information Minister.
Information Minister Lai Mohammed has reacted to allegations that he intercepted and diverted the sum of N100 million meant for Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State.

Mr AbdulRazaq who has been at loggerheads with the minister over All Progressive Congress (APC) affairs in the state said in an interview with ThisDay Newspaper that the diverted fund was from an Igbo man he failed to name.

He said the donor sent the sum as a support during the 2019 gubernatorial election which he won.

“There’s a businessman from the South-east. His banker came to me and said his Oga wants to speak with me,” he explained. “I spoke with him and he said he was sending money to me. I said, thank you very much. After the election, he called me to congratulate me.

“When he saw I was just saying ‘thank you’, then he asked if Lai didn’t deliver the money, I asked him what money? He said N100 million,” the governor added.

Reacting, the government propagandist who described the allegation as false said he will respond appropriately at the right time.

“I read the article and I also read the response of some people,” the minister said on Monday while featuring on TVC’s “This Morning.’’

“I believe that issues of national importance I have come here to discuss are more important than the personal disagreement between me and the governor.

“At the appropriate time and forum, I will respond to the false allegations,” he added.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/lai-mohammed-speaks-on-diverting-n100m-meant-for-kwara-governor/

lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Woos Young Nigerians, “our Best Minds”: Join Politics To Make Diff / Sokoto Market Attack; Jakadan Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris Commiserates With Sul / Re- OPINION: Zamfara’s Ship Without Rudder: No Focus, No Direction! - A Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.