Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,728 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity (374 Views)

SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB / For Se & Ss Peoples - Kwanzaa Helps Our Unity - See How Here! / See What An NYSC Corps Member Wrote On Ballot Boxes During Election (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 10:31am On Oct 19, 2021
An 18yrs old Nigerian wrote an article on Nigeria which he titled "one Nigeria is Self-deceit" He said that the country needs to make a big decision now.

Following the challenges and problems the country has been facing since it's almagamation in 1914 the country's problem has been; Nepotism, tribalism and religious segregation,he acclaimed.

He hoewver believe that the country need to make a decision that will affect the life of her citizens,not Biafra,not Oduduwa.

He wrote;

One Nigeria is Self-deceit

Nigerians voted president Muhammadu Buhari into office as a democratic president after thirty years of becoming a military head of state(which will never happen again), because they saw him as a man that could bring peace, love, unity, growth and development, which also means taking our dear country Nigeria, to the promise land. But it seems things are happening otherwise, which is not any fault of his with the fact that his predecessors has also suffered the same fate.

Many may say, Obasanjo was also a military head of state before becoming a democratic president. But from my own point of view, is not the same. I believe Nigerians voted him as a democratic president shortly after he was release from prison because, Nigerians were naive about democracy at that time. Though, it comes out that he was also great like Buhari and also suffered the same fate as Buhari.

President Obasanjo wanted peace, unity, growth and development for his country Nigeria. Though, he tried all he could to bring the best out of his effort to make Nigeria great, but it seems to Nigerians that his best was never enough to make Nigeria a great nation.

This is not exactly true because, TRIABALISM, NEPOTISM and RELIGION SEGREGATION practice in Nigeria will always hinder the success of any great leader in the world. This not exactly true because his(Obasanjo) successors from president Umaru Musa Yar’adua to president Goodluck Jonathan to the present president(Buhari) have suffered from the consequences of TRIABALISM,NEPOTISM, and RELIGION SEGREGATION practice in Nigeria, which has not made their leadership successful and has also caused retrogression to the development of Nigeria.

To Nigerians and the whole world, it seems Nigeria is not develop and peaceful because, the past and present government are failures and that they do not have what it takes to make Nigeria a great nation, which is not true. The questions now is, who can make Nigeria a great nation? When tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation is the major challenges hindering and threatening the development of Nigeria. The second questions is, who can overcome this challenges(tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation)? The truth is, I do not see any great leader in Nigeria now or in the future overcoming this challenges.

Going back to my words "not exactly true". I said this, because CORRUPTION it's also one of the challenges causing lack of development and peace in Nigeria. But I intentionally did not mention this earlier-on, because I do not think corruption is the reason we don’t love each other or reasons we kill ourselves like animals or is the reason we make our Nigeria insecure for ourselves. Though, corruption is also indirectly the reason our country is not secure.

Over the years, we lay more emphasis on corruption forgetting that TRIBALISM, NEPOTISM and RELIGION SEGREGATION are the bigger problems and if left unsolved Nigeria will continue to retrogress developmentally, not peaceful and most unfortunately Nigerians will never be united. Unity is the solutions to all Nigeria problems. I say, IF WE ARE UNITED WE ARE GREAT.

We create public enlightenment campaigns on the need for unity in Nigeria, we teach the need for unity in all our schools across the country and most importantly we created the National Youth Service Corp(NYSC),all because of a major goal of uniting Nigeria, which for me means stopping tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation. These our efforts over the years has never yielded anything positive and can be accounted to waste of resources invested into uniting Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Bookhub: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2021
Everybody knows this including the zombies in this forum forget eye service..
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2021
Moreover, this pose a very big questions to all of us as a Nigerian which is, Why are Nigerians not united? Which also means, why has tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation not become things of the past? I think tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation have not become things of the past and will never become things of the past because, we Nigerians are tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation and they are viruses in us, we are all infected! These viruses( tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation) have been passed from generation to generation.

Furthermore, in my fifth paragraph I said " I do not see any great leader now or in the futures who can over these challenges( now viruses) simply because we are all infected with VIRUS TRIABALISM, VIRUS NEPOTISM and VIRUS RELIGION SEGREGATION. My second reason for saying that, is in Nigeria today, infected doctors(the leaders) are trying to cure infected patients(the citizens).In medicine, if such things occur nobody would ever be cured or be virus-free, other than giving birth to more and more infected babies, which will lead the country into greater problems.

As we can see in Nigeria today, the symptoms of the viruses I mentioned above are; terrorism (killings by Fulani herdsmen and Boko haram), insecurity, Biafra freedom agitation, Oduduwa freedom agitation, kidnapping, high rate of unemployment, high rate of extreme poverty, gender inequality, putting people in position they don't merit, rape, high rate of internet fraud, religious fraud, deprivation of human rights and corruption just to mention a few.

As an eighteen years old Nigerian, reaching this legal age has left a deep sense of concern in me. Nigeria problems has made me more depressed with the fact that the only thing I hear and read are bad news. To the extent that Nigeria has been tagged with all negative tags such as, one most poverty ridden nation on earth, third most terrorized nation on earth, one of the most corrupt nations on earth, one of the most fraudulent nation on earth and most unfortunately one of most dangerous nation to live-in on earth, just to mention a few negative tags. What baffles me the most is the fact that Nigeria will always be listed top five on the lists of all these negative tags in the world and which has brought nothing but bad reputation for the country.

Therefore, all these problems Nigeria has been facing over the years has kept me in a deep thought of possible way out for our country Nigeria. While I was thinking, a thought struck my mind which are in phrases and the phrases are Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. I immediately remember that, ever since I became wise, this particular phrases (Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria) has constantly been put to use by Nigerians(both the leaders and followers), when addressing issues and problems concerning welfare, leadership and politics in Nigeria.

Furthermore, I decided to take researches on them(Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria). In my research, I found out that what is called Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria today were protectorates that existed before Nigeria.
The two protectorates(North and south) was amalgamated on the 1st January, 1914 to form what is called Nigeria of today, which most Nigerians knew, but what most did not know is, why was it amalgamated?.

In my research, I found out that the two protectorates was unified because(according to Wikipedia).The unification was done for economic reasons rather than political.Northern Nigeria Protectorate had a budget deficit; and the colonial administration sought to use the budget surpluses in Southern Nigeria to offset this deficit(Wikipedia).
In my research,I also found out that the two protectorates was unified because of imperial expansion and easy governing for the then British colonial masters.
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2021
In my conclusion, I came into conclusion that Nigeria was amalgamated for two major reasons which are; wealth and ease governing Nigeria. Nigeria problems started on this very day(1st January, 1914), which means Nigeria was infected with these viruses(tribalism, nepotism and religion segregation), which still live in us till today because the decisions of the amalgamation was not made by our fathers or with their consent, but by the then British colonial administration. I believe amalgamation was the reason our fathers pass down the viruses to their children, when love was supposed to be in the position of the viruses.

To clarify this, let's take marriage as a case study, if marriage was built on this two things Nigeria was built on, the marriage will fall. If marriage was built on wealth and was built on the fact that a man and woman is together not because they want to be together but because their parents want them to, such a marriage will certainly fall to the extent that nobody not even the parents can prevent it from falling or save the marriage. In this case,best thing to do is, for them to go their separate ways. So that, none of them would get hurt and if in case they had children, they would not also get hurt. The case of the marriage is what is happening in Nigeria today.

In my opinion, the best thing Nigeria could do is for us to go our separate ways and be like what we were supposed to be, which is dividing Nigeria into two(SOUTHERN NIGERIA and NORTHERN NIGERIA). I know to most Nigerians it may look like secessionist call, but the truth is we must learn to respect the truth. I believe the call for one Nigeria is self deceit. Over the years, have been taught by my parents that self deceit is the greatest deceit in the history of mankind and one that ever indulged in it is the greatest fool and we will always be a fool forever and the person will never move forward. One Nigeria is self-deceit! We all Nigerians know deep-down in our heart that it is self-deceit.

We have been protecting for one Nigeria for over 100 years now and nothing great has ever come out of it. Our religious men and women have been praying to God for over 100 years for one Nigeria, but it seems to us God is not hearing our prayer, but oh no! God is hearing, but it seems we have forgotten the saying; “heaven help those who help themselves”. We need to leave self-deceit behind us and face the realities of life in Nigeria.

I do not see reasons we should forcefully grow love where it would not germinate. Love of one Nigeria will never germinate in Nigeria ,because; “Nigeria is the driest desert on earth to grow love”. Trust me, we may believe that the southern Nigeria is not united or that the northern Nigeria is not united. Truth is they are united, that is why they(the two regions) talk with one voice, when they make decisions concerning welfare, politics and leadership issues, though it may not be strong and loud enough simply because of corruption and nature of politics played in Nigeria. Ever since Nigeria was amalgamated Nigeria has never talked with one voice. The seed of love grows in each of these respective regions(Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria), it only need proper watering to grow into great love that leads to eternal unity.

Furthermore, we need to know that love is not by force. We need to always remember that the Nigeria we are in today is a British experiments, that lacks the one basic ingredient that fosters unity, which is; “love”. We are bounded with benefits instead of love. We can see the only reason Nigeria still Nigeria today, is; PETROLEUM. If oil was not discovered 2 years before independent, the Biafra civil would have broken us apart because there is no sigh of love in the bound that bound the southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. Till this day, we can see petroleum is the only reason for our togetherness, when its gone, Nigeria will surely tear apart, which means Nigeria will be gone and become
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2021
history.

I know many Nigerians would not like this idea, most especially the rich and wealthy Nigeria citizens and politicians. They would not like it because they have bodyguards to protect them when the nation is not secured, because they can leave the country with their luxurious private jets to more secured and develop nations when they feel like they can not longer have maximum protection from their bodyguards.They eat good food at proper time and can even leave Nigeria to a better country where they can receive proper treatment, when they are ill.

For me, the rich citizens and politicians are first people that do not believe in one Nigeria or that Nigeria will ever be a better country one day. That is why they take their wives to a developed, better and secured nations to give birth, when their wives are pregnant, knowing fully well that,when she gives birth in another country their children automatically become citizens by birth in that country where their future is secured, not like Nigeria.

They forget that over one hundred million Nigeria can not do the same. They would surely protest for one Nigeria because they do not know what it means to be hungry, to feel insecure when you are sleeping and when you awake doing your normal daily activities and because they do not know how it feels when you can not be able to provide for your family needs and not to even talk of wants.

What pains the most is that, they will say that if country should break that professors would be working in bakeries in Togo .If that's what unity, love and development demands for the people to be happy, why can't they do it for over 100 million Nigerians that have been suffering and do not know what is meant to be happy. They would also claim that, if the country should break that there would be war ,loss and damages of lives and property, what we have been experiencing in Northern Nigeria and even in the Southern Nigeria. But deep-down in their hearts they know the country can break without war but they would not do the needful just because of their selfish interest.

Another set of people that would not support these are, the old masses who think and believe it will end in war because of the experience they had in the civil war which they do not want it to happen ever again, most especially now in their old age. But it would not end in war because, for over 100 years Nigerians has forcefully been together, they had a lot of benefit to derive from each other, which I believe will always be the reason they would not go to war.

Old politicians will also preach one Nigeria because they do not see themselves in the Nigeria of the future, which I believe would be worst than the Afghanistan of today. Nigeria will become worst than it has ever been in the future because the evil such as; killing, kidnapping, terrorism, banditry, robbery and internet fraud perpetrated today in Nigeria are carried out by the youth we call the future of tomorrow. I do not think Nigeria should continue remaining Nigeria when there is no future to rely on.

Furthermore, another set of people who will not want Nigeria to break into two are those who are for restructuring of Nigeria. Many of those who are outcry for restructuring of Nigeria are greedy and corrupt politicians who are looking ways to loot their state of there resources. Few Nigerian from the south who knows that would they not be affected because their state has resources to rely on, will also protest for restructuring, forgetting that it would take most of the northern Nigeria states many years to be able to rely on themselves. I think restructuring would not help Nigeria leave these mess they are in today, but make it more corrupt. Restructuring will only produce more and more corrupt and greedy politicians.
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2021
Many who believes in the Biafra agitation and Oduduwa agitation would not also support Nigeria breaking into two simply because, they forgot that the Biafra civil war would not have happened if Nigeria was not amalgamated. I believe the southern Nigeria can do more than just survive if they stick together, instead of splitting the country into four or five because of selfish interest while the northern Nigeria can also do better if they stick together. Let's take North Korea and South Korea for an example. They separated 71 years ago because of their differences that I believe is not as big as the one Nigeria has today. But yet, they took a very big decision that led them to becoming one the greatest nations on earth.

Finally, I know many may say that this is secessionist movement or opinion. But truth is that it is not. It just an opinion of a young man who want peace, love, security, progress and development of over one hundred million people who live in extreme poverty. It also #JustAnOpinion of young man who could not think of anyway out other than this, to guarantee over one hundred million people safe and happy life.

#justAnOpinion
#freeLeahSharibu
#bigDecisionNow✊

Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by Newsplug1: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2021
Let's push this to the front page pls��
Re: Nigeria's Unity:See What An 18yrs Old Wrote On Nigeria's Unity by ba7man(m): 11:32am On Oct 19, 2021
18yr old kids and younger are all over this forum writing trash on issues they have no idea about or experienced so no big deal.

(1) (Reply)

Nonsokwa Speaks On IPOB SIT-AT-HOME / IPOB: We Did Not Issue Election Boycott In Anambra / Soludo Is Winner Of Anambra Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.