Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? (950 Views)

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / Prime Bale Or Prime Salah Who You Takin'? / AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by ThierryJay: 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
It's a topic worth revisiting this week, as Salah’s Liverpool prepare to take on Suarez’s Atletico Madrid. It's a meeting of two genuine modern greats; the Egyptian King against the Uruguayan whirlwind, played out in the wonderful surroundings of the Wanda Metropolitano.

Both were signed by Liverpool as ‘very good’ players, but went up levels once they set foot inside Anfield. Both scored on their debuts and never looked back. In terms of their numbers, Salah has 135 goals and 46 assists in 214 games for Liverpool while Suarez raked in 82goals and 29 assists in 133 games.

Regarding their playing style, Salah favors a marauding winger style cutting in from the right but sometimes also playing as a top 9. Suarez on the other hand was an aggressive technical beast deployed as the main striker but could also play a supportive role.

Both players have an eye for the spectacular, Salah with his mazy dribble goals and curlers that are often Messi-esque while Suarez could pull out any kind of outrageous goal from his magical hat especially acrobatic volleys, curlers, solo runs, free-kicks just name it.

Salah was the more successful in terms of trophies at Anfield as reflected in the UCL and EPL trophies, but this was more down to him having better quality teammates at his disposal while Suarez's time was spent in less illustrious company. Suarez's trophy value was demonstrated when by the following season, he helped a much better Barcelona side to win the treble while putting in some spectacular performances in the UCL knockout stages that season.

So if given a choice between the two in their prime for a single season, who would you go for to join your team?
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Polynek(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
Both of them are good but I prefer Salah
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Bankball: 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
� *GET THE BEST ODDS AND BIGGEST RETURN EVERY TIME ON NAIJABET.COM*

� Atletico have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches against Liverpool in all competitions.

�If you stake ₦5,000 on PSG to win...

�You will win *₦8,700* on NaijaBet*
OR
�You win ₦8,400 on Bet9ja

You can open NaijaBet account and get the best football odds more often.

http://www.naijabet. com/reg/af/291395

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by crazygod(m): 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
You do know Suarez is a natural striker and Salah is a winger. Two different people

1 Like

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by ThierryJay: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
crazygod:
You do know Suarez is a natural striker and Salah is a winger. Two different people

Yeah I know. But they are comparable as forwards. Just like we know Salah is better than Mane or Firmino. In any case the question is really about who was more spectacular for Liverpool.
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by unbitchable(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
Suarez.
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Kingcalls: 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Suarez Liverpool was weaker than salah's Liverpool.... prime suarez was brutal ooo... he was suspended for the first 8 games and still ended hitting 31 goals that year... I will take suarez

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by MJBOLT: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
how is this even a question??
Prime Suarez won 2 European golden boots in the era of Messi and Ronaldo undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
crazygod:

Suarez has many assists too
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Suarez is one of the greatest ever footballers

Legend at Ajax,Barca, Liverpool,Atletico and Uruguay
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by JohnnyPalmer: 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
In an Era dominated by Messi and Ronaldo

Only Suárez snatched the European golden boot from both in their prime and did it twice albeit one was shared with Ronaldo

No one comes close to Prime Suarez asides Messi and Ronaldo

In terms of Numbers, only Lewandowski surpasses him, but you can make a case against Lewy playing for a super, stable team and in an attacking league, where it's somewhat easier to score goals compared to the rest of the top 5 leagues in Europe

Sallah is making waves and on the right path, but I will be deluded to say he's better than prime Suarez

1 Like

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by ThierryJay: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2021
Kingcalls:
Suarez Liverpool was weaker than salah's Liverpool.... prime suarez was brutal ooo... he was suspended for the first 8 games and still ended hitting 31 goals that year... I will take suarez

First time I'll be agreeing with you here. Suarez was key to Barca's UCL win in 2015 just like Bale was for Madrid the previous season.
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by ThierryJay: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:
In an Era dominated by Messi and Ronaldo

Only Suárez snatched the European golden boot from both in their prime and did it twice albeit one was shared with Ronaldo

No one comes close to Prime Suarez asides Messi and Ronaldo

In terms of Numbers, only Lewandowski surpasses him, but you can make a case against Lewy playing for a super, stable team and in an attacking league, where it's somewhat easier to score goals compared to the rest of the top 5 leagues in Europe

Sallah is making waves and on the right path, but I will be deluded to say he's better than prime Suarez

I agree. Only Suarez and Lewy have entered that otherworldly realm of almost 50 - 60 goals a season that Messi and CR regularly traded. Salah is yet to enter that realm.
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Kingcalls: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2021
ThierryJay:

First time I'll be agreeing with you here. Suarez was key to Barca's UCL win in 2015 just like Bale was for Madrid the previous season.

Bale was not key to Madrid winning it in 2014....that was the year Ronaldo scored 17 goals ...he scored in all but just one game...the semi final first leg against bayern... bale only had 6 goals despite playing one game more than Ronaldo

Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by MangekyoAlt: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
Suarez for me.
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Great100000: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
Suarez
Re: Prime Suarez Vs Prime Salah, Which was better? by Pricelezz(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2021
Despite his antics, I still consider Suarez one of the most fierce strikers in history.

(1) (Reply)

Can Barca Survive Without Ronaldinho On The Ground? / Arsenal Fc Of France Vs Porto Of Portugal. / Mastercard's 23 Best Players In Germany 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.