Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister (840 Views)

All About The Minister Of Humanitarian / ''stop Confusing Nigerians'' Soyinka Tells Buhari During Conferment Of GCFR Titl / Breaking! Eid-l-kabir: Nigeria Declares Friday, Monday As Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister by Jexato230abu: 3:20am On Oct 20, 2021
The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has expressed his disappointment that his talent and ability are being wasted in his current position because his only visible duty now seems to be the announcement of public holidays. He expressed his discontentment at the just concluded annual Ministerial Retreat organized by President Muhammadu Buhari to access the performance of his ministers.

Sources in the presidency told YeyeNews.com reporter that there was a brief drama and a bit of confusion when Aregbesola stepped on the podium to present his scorecard before the President. According to the source, the ex-governor expressed himself eloquently but with hint of resignation: “I was a governor for eight years. Though I didn’t pay salaries but I used the money to build critical infrastructure in Osun State. But now as a Minister I have been reduced to announcement of public holidays. Even the role that one of my friends occupies in Lagos which some people mockingly refer to as a ‘Special Adviser on Gutter Affairs’ seems more honorable than my current role. Mr. President, I am an Engineer. I deserve better. I’m too good to be given the job of announcing public holidays. I’m not the Minister of Public Holidays ”, the source quoted the Minister.

Click below for full story.......

https://yeyenews.com/im-not-the-minister-of-public-holidays-aregbesola-tells-buhari-during-ministerial-retreat

Re: I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister by yinkus6750(m): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2021
So, its acceptable to owe salaries and yet aspire to higher positions?
The ministry has very vital major parastatal under him. They need serious reforms, e.g Immigration, Correctional services.
Every ministry is important , except if his looking for something else
Re: I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister by rexlims(m): 4:49am On Oct 20, 2021
Him dey eye works ministry. Idiot set of people always thinking for their pockets and belly.
How much of a mark has he made in his current portfolio?

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Divorce / Can Somebody Show Me Some Love?(welcome Me) / Balance Sheet Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.