Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (276851 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by skribbles: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2013
Faith2012: Hello everyone,quite a while,just to announce to you that the Good Lord has proved Himself faithful ,I was successfully delivered of a baby girl on 23rd July at 34 weeks ,baby weighed 2.3kg,at birth, mother and baby did well and we have been discharged home,God is indeed faithful, He will do the same for everyone on this forum

Congrats faith. I've been following this thread for a long time though I never made a comment. May God keep you both. I'm dancing azonto cos your baby is my girl's birthday mate. mwaaah.

loads of love to you too blendy for this insightful thread May God richly bless you
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by skribbles: 11:01am On Aug 29, 2013
Blendy77: @Wonderlen, its very rare to find a Pastor who doesn't associate delay in ttc to spiritual matter. From my personal experience and most ttc women I've met, most Pastors and deliverance Ministers don't bother with ur medical history as in if ur hsg and hormonal profile is good before concluding that one witch or the other is after u. Am not saying there are no genuine spiritual cases that don't need medical intervention. There are! My advice is do ur deliverance and prayers but also go to a hospital to check that all is well with u and DH. If ur tubes are not too good and DH semen is also on the low side and u can afford ivf, my Sister try conduct ur deliverance and also seek medical intervention.
During the course of my ttc, I heard all sorts from different pastors I went to see for deliverance. From Lag to PH, to Warri, I saw different pastors. Some said my mum, others said my MIL while others said my hubby ex were after me. A friend of mine who said she met her pastor on my behalf also said her pastor told her I've been turned into a man so can never ever conceive except I travel down to abj to see him. I think it was at that point I stopped patronizing deliverance ministers cos most of the thgs they told me then were very easy to believe due to the several failed ivf. My friend kept pressurizing me to com see her pastor until I got really angry one day and screammed on the fon that she should tell her pastor to return me into a woman without seeing me if he was that powerful because I won't travel to abj to see him. I think I was already fustrated at that time cos I had heard all sorts and it was after then I stopped and kept praying and doing my medical research on what to do nex. If ur pastor told u ur case is spiritual, no stress, conduct ur deliverance while ensuring that medically there is nothing wrong with u and hubby.

besides, the bible talks about faith without works. i remember i once had this recurring strange burns on my feet and between my fingers. one deliverance pastor told me to fast 7 days marathon ( no eating or drinking for 7 days), then they will conduct deliverance from attack. it was after he left i remembered a friend told me he avoided using sulphur products because of reaction. i thought this could be the case, i checked the antimalaria (amalar) i just used, it contained sulphur. i decided to observe my next use. when i did, it took less than 5 min for it to flare up. that was how i discovered i had developed a sulphur intolerance and not under spiritual attack.

what I'm trying to say is that.....watch (act, investigate, be informed, seek help) and pray
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Skribbles, thks for taking out time to encourage our Sisters on this forum. Faith without works is the part I like most. Have faith but backing it up with taking action is no sin.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by vinediya(f): 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
I just found this thread dis morning while searching 4 d cost of IVF in Nigeria. I'v been ttc for 7yrs now. Pls can someone recommend a good IVF centre in Port Harcourt and d cost? Ur response is highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 5:37am On Sep 01, 2013
Hello Vinediya, I'v heard quite a number of good ivf clinics in ph but am not too sure of their prices. You might need to find these clinics on google, get their fon numbers and put a call through to them. Bridge is in ph, around D/Line area. Their price in Lagos is about 1.1m-1.2m for everythg so I want to believe PH price might not be too different from this. Gyneascope is about 900-1m. Not too sure. Call Dr Jude 08037275377 the owner to find out.
Heard they also do ivf @ Prime. Dr Ikimalo's clinic. Chec their address and fon number on google. Don't know their price though. There's also one new missionary clinic run by white people, don't know the name again o, will find out and get back to u. Heard they are good and their price is about $10,000.
Pls Babes in the house, help this Sister out by listing the good hospitals and their success rates.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by vinediya(f): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
Blendy77: Hello Vinediya, I'v heard quite a number of good ivf clinics in ph but am not too sure of their prices. You might need to find these clinics on google, get their fon numbers and put a call through to them. Bridge is in ph, around D/Line area. Their price in Lagos is about 1.1m-1.2m for everythg so I want to believe PH price might not be too different from this. Gyneascope is about 900-1m. Not too sure. Call Dr Jude 08037275377 the owner to find out.
Heard they also do ivf @ Prime. Dr Ikimalo's clinic. Chec their address and fon number on google. Don't know their price though. There's also one new missionary clinic run by white people, don't know the name again o, will find out and get back to u. Heard they are good and their price is about $10,000.
Pls Babes in the house, help this Sister out by listing the good hospitals and their success rates.

Thanks for ur response Blendy77; I really appreciate. I googled and got the addresses of Gynescope & Bridge and hope to visit there within the week. Somebody also mentioned Gynescope in the other IVF thread. I'm encouraged reading through these posts.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by nurika: 6:15am On Sep 03, 2013
@faith2012 congratulation once more dear. pls I will like 2 speak wit u in person, if I can hv ur contact. mine is 08069386927 tanx.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by fame12k(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2013
pleasr , how can I get to The Bridge Clinic at Oduduwa way, because I don't know Ikeja area.

from computer village, how will I get to d place?

or if am going from oshodi, how Will I get there?

thank you.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Honiepie24: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
ivf seems to be the order of the day these days,the fact is having a baby is jus wat matters,@blendy am so happy 4 u,twinnies honestly are a bountiful blessing,i also appreciate d gud work u r doin by nt bn reserved wit details on hw u successfully scaled tru,bt pls i hav a querry,can one hav an epidural(pain free birth)wit ivf? Do u knw any gud clinic in nija or else where dat does d procedure well nd cost,cheerz.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Of course u can have epidural with ivf. Even with natural delivery u can opt for epidural especially when one is induced. At Georges memorial, normal delivery is about 400k while CS is 600k. With CS epidural is free but i'm too sure if its the same for normal since its an option. U can actually call the hospital to find out 012715320 and 012718728. That was were my babies were born and anyone who has used them will agree with me that they are very good. Another good hospital for maternity that I'll gladly recommend is south shore women's hospital close to adeola odeku. They are also very good as Dr Alabi the owner was one of the lead gynaecologist at St. Nicholas. Their number is 08109602321. I can't remember their delivery price again as I was supposed to use them but eventually left for Georges cos I felt they already had my history. Am sure there are other good ones on the mainland but these are the island clinics I've come in contact with and can recommend anyday.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Honiepie24: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
@blendy tnx,nija isnt doin badly.will giv dem a kol.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Please what about nordica clinic, have anyone used nordica with result, how is their services. A few person have mentioned them to me. I just need to ask.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
wonderlen: Please what about nordica clinic, have anyone used nordica with result, how is their services. A few person have mentioned them to me. I just need to ask.

Please, don't go there.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
wonderlen: Please what about nordica clinic, have anyone used nordica with result, how is their services. A few person have mentioned them to me. I just need to ask.

Pls don't go there.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by mrsraiy: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
i just started ivf procedure with Nisa premier hospital. Lots of injections and scanning is all i have bin doing. I hope my first ivf will be successful.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by harbiee: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi every1, is st george memorial hospital the same as olive branch
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by harbiee: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi everyone, am new in this forum, I am in my late twenties, ttc, and I have a whole lots of questns dat need answers, I have been followin every topic for a while now...hubby and I jst decided on goin for ivf bt we havent made up our mind on which hispital to go bt d little info I have been able to gather abt george is convincing bt I need to knw d cost of registratn and d cost of ivf atst george
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wonderlen: 12:36am On Sep 15, 2013
Wow@ Nogen. Give me more details now. Like 2 people now have mentioned them to me at my clinic, tge second one said she sent one oerson tgat was 53yrs old and she got bfp. But obgyn says it does not matter where u go, if yoy are young, you suppose to succeed atleast once out of 3times excepts its something else wrong.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Faith2012: 1:35am On Sep 15, 2013
@harbiee Olive branch is attached to George's so they are the same that is Dr Emeka's place. @mrsraiy the success of IVF depends on ur faith in God,the clinic you go and God Himself,making it the first time is not impossible,so just trust Him,and go to the right place.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by ecnj: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2013
I just joined nairaland & the stuf about iyaalgbo caught my eye.pls if anyone has contacted her and it worked pls contact me cos am interested.tanx
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by tanini: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please who knows any good hospital in Abuja that are into ICSI/IVE. We are haveing a male issue. Thanks
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Harbiee; Olive branch is different from Georges in that they are operated by 2 different Drs but they are in the same location. Dr Emeka runs Olive Branch and he has a unit inside Georges memorial hospital. He runs Olive Branch inside Georges so u need to specifically mention his name if u want to use him otherwise u will be given Georges registration card when u get there and be attended to by other gynaes. All the best.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by mrsraiy: 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
@faith2012 thanks for your encouragement. I just have to put all my trust in God knowing at the end He is the giver of children. For those looking for ivf centre in Abuja try Nisa premier i have heard good reviews abt them. Price range is abt 850k and above, based on individual needs though. Sticky baby dust to every one of us searching.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by mrsraiy: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
tani-ni:

Please who knows any good hospital in Abuja that are into ICSI/IVE. We are haveing a male issue. Thanks

go to nisa premeir hospital. Located @ 15/17 Alex ekwueme way, jabi , Abuja.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by harbiee: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Blendy&@Faith cant thank u two enough....
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
wonderlen: Wow@ Nogen. Give me more details now. Like 2 people now have mentioned them to me at my clinic, tge second one said she sent one oerson tgat was 53yrs old and she got bfp. But obgyn says it does not matter where u go, if yoy are young, you suppose to succeed atleast once out of 3times excepts its something else wrong.

A lot of them will be quick to tell you how 50 and 60 plus women got bfps and delivered in their hospitals. Nordica has two types of payment plans and that I find suspicious. They are willing and eager to sell the twice-attempt plan to their clients. Of course, it looks attractive and less expensive but it speaks fraud. Who doesn't love or want to be pregnant at first ivf attempt?
Their success rate isn't encouraging either. Most people who used them didn't have nice things to say about them too. Pls, pray and do a proper research before you pick any clinic.
Wishing you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Faith2012: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
@tani-ni in Abuja DIFF is about the best trust me,they are very dedicated and work with passion,they really know what they are doing,IVF ICSI and other services are available unlike other fertility centre the are full fledged hospital with all aspect of medical services. I started with them in June2012, got pregnant at Dec. and had the baby there still in July 2013, I was going there all the way from Benin 'cos of the good client care services that give you value for your money. The hospital is at 6 Udi hills,Aso drive,near SSS headquarters Asokoro Abuja.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 16, 2013
ok
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Honiepie24: 7:32am On Sep 16, 2013
@prettyrose hw r u,am a novice in dat area though but judgin frm wat u xplained,now one fin u must understand lik blendy xplained earlier 4 me is,ivf pregnancy is no diffrent from natural conception,u can go tru normal delivery tru ur birth canal or cs,so if ur HMO takes care of delivery offcourse dey wil tk care of urz,is it nt pregnancy?u dnt need to tell as far as medically u n lo r developin well.then d aspect of double maternity clinic,mmmm,ordinarily i'd say its ok,atleaste u 2 doctors opinion,n again incase d govt.hosp.goes on strike,haha,but my sugestion is NO,pls dnt register in 2clinics,choose d best option of d 2clinics,because most times wat doctor A in d first clinic prescribes is also wat doct B in d second clinic wud prescribe,without deir knowin u r already on d med prescribed by ur mistery hidden doc.u as a medical novice maynot understand d prescription frm d 2clinics r same wit same composition bt diffrent names,naturally u over does urself n lo or wud u decide on ur own nt to tk medications prescribed by one doc?its not worth d stress.and to avoid MDR,it kills within seconds,pls stick to one hospital n doctor,if u r nt satisfied switch to anoda n remain dere,
sorry 4 d long post.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by mrsraiy: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2013
Faith2012: @tani-ni in Abuja DIFF is about the best trust me,they are very dedicated and work with passion,they really know what they are doing,IVF ICSI and other services are available unlike other fertility centre the are full fledged hospital with all aspect of medical services. I started with them in June2012, got pregnant at Dec. and had the baby there still in July 2013, I was going there all the way from Benin 'cos of the good client care services that give you value for your
money. The hospital is at 6 Udi hills,Aso drive,near SSS headquarters Asokoro Abuja.

how many other ivf centres did you try in abj please. And can you please tell me the cost of ivf at diff? Hw many rounds of ivf did you go through before having bfp? thanks
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2013
prettyrosefave: hello mothers, please i have a question oooo. my HMO dont pay for infertility cost, but when you take in they take care of all expenses no matter the issue involved fro birth to any number of kids. now, paraventure i get my bfp through ivf, will they pay for my clinics and maternity?

i dont know how to put my question really, but what i mean is do i need to tell then i got preggy through ivf? has anyone been in this shoe?

@Blendy, how are you and the kids? bigger baby nko?(i mean hubby oo). please why did you spend like 400k from your pulse for delivery, was it that your HMO was not willing to take the cost because its not natural conception?

since i started ttcing(of which i never used to go to clinic sef), i never enjoyed my HMO, so painful.

i remember a colleague of mine, she is the breadwinner and dont have much during her delivery, she put to bed through CS and thought they are in for it cos the cost was like 200k plus, all the the doctor to bring in papers for her to sign that her HMO will take care of the bills. she was relieved of that.

i want to enjoy this too, pls someone put me through if you have passed through it.

another question, which clinic is better for maternity? Havana or Eko hospital? then is it nice to use like two clinics? i intend using my HMO clinic and a govt hospital or register also with my hubby's HMO clinic, these we plan in order to decide for the best and compare results.

pls put me through, thanks.

We dont do HMO in the organization I work for. We have a full fledge hospital in my organization and antenatal is taken care of by a consultants from Luth even when we have inhouse gynaes. deliveries are refered out to bigger hospitals like st nicholas, eko, south shore etc except Georges. Since i got my BFP with Georges, I decided to pay and do antenatal there also. Though I visit my company's clinic for antenatal once in a while but I took that of Georges serious since na dem give me belly (lol). But for delivery, i got a referal to South Shore from my organization but I still wasnt comfortable having the babies else where so I decided to pay and have them in Georges. South Shore or any other big hospital my company uses would have been free delivery as the company would pay any amount but then, I choose Georges cos I wanted to play safe after 2 or 3 visits to South Shore. The total package for delivery of twins through CS, accomodation, circumcision etc was more than N1m so I laughed when I saw your N400k. I also doubt if Georges is into HMO stuff.

I also dont think there's anything wrong with using 2 different clinics for anti natal since its free with both yours and hubby's HMO. Wetin dem dey do for antinatal sef apart from testing urine for protein, giving u multivitamins like pregnacare and calcium and measuring your bump to check for progress of pregnancy and maybe 2 or 3 scans. And their final question "any complains"? Nothing dey there jare except its high risk pregnancy. Like someone rightly said, there's no difference between antinatal for naturally conceived babies and ivf babies except maybe cyclogest that u need to be taking till 12weeks and your ivf Dr can do that till you're refered out for antinatal at 12weeks. Antinatal on a good day from good iVF clinics start from 12wks when the pregnancy must have been stable.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by tanini: 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Faith2012: @tani-ni in Abuja DIFF is about the best trust me,they are very dedicated and work with passion,they really know what they are doing,IVF ICSI and other services are available unlike other fertility centre the are full fledged hospital with all aspect of medical services. I started with them in June2012, got pregnant at Dec. and had the baby there still in July 2013, I was going there all the way from Benin 'cos of the good client care services that give you value for your money. The hospital is at 6 Udi hills,Aso drive,near SSS headquarters Asokoro Abuja.

Thank u. Please do you know their prize and success rate for ICSI. God bls u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.