Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (276400 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
ummitoagirl: My husband & I are desperate for a child of our own. I do have a 29 months of daughter of my own in which my partner has been caring for. He is 20 years older than myself, over weight, watery sperm and he is a well known politician. I told him to go do a sperm count & he only old me he did it & all went well(male EGO). I am based in Europe & just brought up the idea of IVF, he is interested but I dont know where to take him to if I come to Nigeria. Can you recommend somewhere discreet & private? or should we try outside of nigeria?
you may wish to contact me via my email: rexcares4u@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Some of what you people say here are very easy to solve, if and only if the ladies can be flexible in solving their problems, the more you wait the less you stand a chance to get pregnant, because time will not stop for you, you are aging by the day. What you fail to do today for any reason best known to you, will definitely hunt you.

Most ladies, even your boson friends may not open up to what they actually did to have their babies, they can only tell you "its God ooo my sister" dont listen to some of those lies, what they did to get their own babies is their own little secret which no amount of pressure will force it out of their mouths.
Every problem has its own unique solution. I will stop here for more private talk, reach me on rexcares4u@yahoo.com, maybe just maybe you will have a solution to your problem sooner than you thought.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
There is a fraudster here in the name of Dconsult. Contact him at your own peril.

Be warned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nogen: There is a fraudster here in the name of Dconsult. Contact him at your own peril.

Be warned
When you will suspect fraud is when and only when money or any consideration is demanded.If am a fraud star or intended to defraud anybody here, now or in the future like you labelled me,Let God judge me harshly, but if am not, and you opened your mouth to labelled me "fraud star" .... having said that, I demand you retract such a derogatory statement against my person and tender unreserved apology to me immediately you your eyes read this post, or be ready to face your judgement. i rest my case!!!
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 25, 2014
@Deconsult,is that suppose to be a threat?U are the one that have a statement to retract.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nogen: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Help me ask him o.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Wehnby: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello house, I have been following this thread for sometime now. I will like to seek everybody's opinion here. I have been diagnosed with fibroids and my husband with low sperm count, we have been trying for a child for about five years now. I'm scared of going through surgery because of all the things I've heard concerning people that went for surgery and so many things happened along the line. Its either they die in the process or they find it difficult to conceive after that. I want to know if I can do IVF without removing the fibroids, please I need your opinions urgently.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Chybiz(f): 2:10am On Nov 03, 2014
@ Blend, you have been wonderfulnd generous with info. God bless you. Congrats bout your twins. My first child is almost 14. What are my chances. Have you heard of Medical Art Center (MART). Professor Ashiru. I want to go see him soon. Do you know how good they are? Thanks.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by hope43: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hlo lovly ladies. Of the house,pls has somebody tried hyelhara fertility clinic. In gombe state,i heard there is a dr doing ivf there, is there any success from the clinic,pls am desperate. Thanks
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by hope43: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Bump
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kara25: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2014
champs:
The cost of IUI is #50,000 Naira and IVF #250,000 Naira @ University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH),Benin city incase you choose to go that route.

Champs please did you use UBTH or do you know of anyone who took that route? I want to be very sure before I mention any price to my hubby for convincing him.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by faithfulwife(f): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hi kara25, I had my first ivf in Ubth and I must be honest with you, it was not a pleasant experience. The success rate is very poor probably because it is Govt funded. It is cheap but you might not get your desired result because of a lot of inconsistencies. I am speaking from experience and not to burst anyone's bubble.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kara25: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
faithfulwife:
Hi kara25, I had my first ivf in Ubth and I must be honest with you, it was not a pleasant experience. The success rate is very poor probably because it is Govt funded. It is cheap but you might not get your desired result because of a lot of inconsistencies. I am speaking from experience and not to burst anyone's bubble.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kara25: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=kara25 post=29336477][/quote]

Thanks dear for the candid advice. Maybe you can help make suggestions for me, cut cost and good success rate clinics. Thanks am waiting.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kara25: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=kara25 post=29337402]

Thanks dear for the candid advice. Maybe you can help make suggestions for me, cut cost and good success rate clinics. Thanks am waiting.[/quote

Please I need someone who can give me hint about regenesis clinic, address and cost. Please I need a break down.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nimshi: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wehnby:
Hello house, I have been following this thread for sometime now. I will like to seek everybody's opinion here. I have been diagnosed with fibroids and my husband with low sperm count, we have been trying for a child for about five years now. I'm scared of going through surgery because of all the things I've heard concerning people that went for surgery and so many things happened along the line. Its either they die in the process or they find it difficult to conceive after that. I want to know if I can do IVF without removing the fibroids, please I need your opinions urgently.

1) It is best that you approach a qualified medical practitioner for opinion regarding your situation; no amount of opinions on the iNet could specifically address this. Yet, there are lots of materials available to help the situation. Low sperm count count could be effectively treated. Many competent IVF practitioners will attempt resolving issue with the man first.

2) Regarding fibroids, "It is generally agreed that the uterine cavity should be clear and relatively normal in configuration prior to IVF." (see: http://www.ivillage.com/fibroids-can-they-affect-ivf-success/6-n-145478); even then: "[d]espite numerous publications and years of research, the relationship between uterine fibroids and infertility is still unsettled. The exact mechanism by which fibroids may affect infertility is not certain and includes: blockage of the fallopian tubes; alterations of tubal motility and prevention of sperm–egg assembly; prevention of proper sperm migration through the cervical canal; dyspareunia; and thin, vascularized endometrium and abnormal uterine peristalsis. Only the last two can directly affect implantation and assisted reproductive technologies (ART)/IVF results." (see: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/803314)

So then, there is hope; neither the fibroids, nor the low sperm count - nor both - imply a totally bleak outlook. My advice is that you should arm yourself with information; this is a hurdle, and be determined to confront it. If both you and your husband are involved in seeking a solution, then it's already much better.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nimshi: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
kara25:
Please I need someone who can give me hint about regenesis clinic, address and cost. Please I need a break down.

Here: http://www.regenesisfertility.com/thecost.html

(they do not publish the cost in Naira...)

http://www.regenesisfertility.com/images/mainLogo.gif

"
We Can Help By Ensuring There are no Hidden Extras
The cost depends on your individualized treatment necessary to get you pregnant and a live-birth!

At ReGenesis, we aim to make costs as affordable for you as possible. We also hope that your financial status would never pose a barrier to your dream family size. We would therefore, work diligently with you and you partner to customize the appropriate care to suit your financial capability. Instalment treatment program could also be arranged.

Costs are worked out in the following outline which could constitute instalment deposits namely:

A-Initial Evaluation of the couple -Detailed History and Physical Examination of the couple -Laboratory/Ultrasound tests of both you and your partner. [Previous recent investigations could help decrease this cost to you!].
B-Counselling & Acupuncture costs
C-Cycle monitoring with or without hormonal treatment
D-Specific treatment for you and/or your partner Eg IUI, IVF, ICSI, etc.
E -Further investigations if indicated
F-Donor Sperm & Eggs [if applicable]
G-Gamete freezing/storage [Eggs & Sperms]
H-In-Patient Hospital stay

Note that costs for A - C above are applicable to all patients attending this hospital, the rest varies depending on individual situations.
"
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by wunmi38: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
I am glad to add my voice to dis as per IVF the cost around my side is 750k and d success rate is 8/10 and am a testimony to dis clinic success rate and u can neva ask 4 a beta Nija base medical doctor to best of knowledge its an experience I wish any one that bother to more info to contact me through wunmi38@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:14am On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi38:
I am glad to add my voice to dis as per IVF the cost around my side is 750k and d success rate is 8/10 and am a testimony to dis clinic success rate and u can neva ask 4 a beta Nija base medical doctor to best of knowledge its an experience I wish any one that bother to more info to contact me through wunmi38@gmail.com
This is most likely a lie. Success rate of IVF + ET in most centres the world over per cycle of treatment is about 25-30%. Eighty percent is definitely unscientific.

Nordica fertility centre Ikoyi seems to be a good place. Initial consultation with investigations will take about #200,000.00. Then payment for 2 cycles of the procedure + drugs will be about #1.3 million.

Other fertility centres in Nigeria are the Bridge clinic , St. Ives etc

Better to try as early as possible in one's life. Meanwhile Google can help you get a lot of information concerning each centre. You dont need to go through any third party marketer.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nimshi: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi38:

The woman's age is almost definitely the most important factor correlating directly with IVF "success"; even when 'success' is defined only as 'getting pregnant', 80% is quite excessive; the best numbers I've seen hover around 50% per cycle. (This does not mean that the success rate you quoted for your clinic is impossible; this could be dependent definitions... )

But if you do have details of your treatment from this specific clinic, you could share them.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by imanii: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
The Dr emeka at Olive branch hm Georges is not trustworthy financially..he may dupe you twice-thrice and then do d same procedure for next to free for another person...he uses your level of despracy to defraud you... cry

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by napa: 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
imanii:
The Dr emeka at Olive branch hm Georges is not trustworthy financially..he may dupe you twice-thrice and then do d same procedure for next to free for another person...he uses your level of despracy to defraud you... cry
What do you mean by dupe? And do u have a personal experience with him?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by IVFCARE: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Dear all,
Our affordable IVF treatment cost in Jeddah (KSA) is only SR 11,000 (USD 3000) + injection cost around (SR2000)
if any body interested ,please visit our website www.ivfcare.net or www. ivfcare..com
You can reach us # 00966553737041 / dr@ivfcare.netDear all,
Our affordable IVF treatment cost in Jeddah (KSA) is only SR 11,000 (USD 3000) + injection cost around (SR2000)
if any body interested ,please visit our website www.ivfcare.net or www. ivfcare..com
You can reach us # 00966553737041 / dr@ivfcare.net
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by IVFCARE: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2015
IVFCARE:
Dear all,
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by IVFCARE: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2015
ear all,
JEDDAH Kingdom of saudi arabia
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by shopaker: 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello mama's in the house ,am new in this thread and I want to visit Dr Emmeka ,am impressed from beginning but now that some body is calling him a dupe.

Please Advise.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 5:06am On Jan 15, 2015
The person has been asked a question which he hasnt provided any answers to. the post would have been useful if only the poster had stated how he was duped. SMH for some desperados who will do anythg to tarnish an innocent Dr's image. God help u that nemesis does not come after u for tarnishing d image of a Dr whom God has used to bring smiles to the homes of waiting couples

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by prob30(f): 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
I am 30 years and 3 years in marriage. I am considering ivf and I have contacted both olive branch fertility and Georges. The price is not my problem. Please I need your advice soonest on which to choose. All i want is a positive result at first cycle cos I don't reside in Nigeria. I just want to carry mý babies.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by napa: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2015
prob30:
I am 30 years and 3 years in marriage. I am considering ivf and I have contacted both olive branch fertility and Georges. The price is not my problem. Please I need your advice soonest on which to choose. All i want is a positive result at first cycle cos I don't reside in Nigeria. I just want to carry mý babies.
My dear I just finished a failed cycle in olive branch fertility and the doctor didn't have any reason why the cycle failed whereas some people had good results from the man. IVF is a game of chance, more like gambling. The best is to leave it to God, I don't think it's about the expertise of the doctor just put it to God and He'll do the best.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by prob30(f): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
What about in Georges?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by prob30(f): 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
@napa
Do you also know anybody who has had ivf in Georges with success in the first cycle

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.