Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse (29550 Views)

Reports Allege IREV Password Changed On The Eve Of 2023 Election(photos) / UK Warns Citizens To Avoid Crowd Ahead Of EndSARS Anniversary / Twitter Cracks Down On Nigerians Using Bloodied Flag To Mark EndSARS Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by NwekeUG(m): 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse- DJ Switch (Photo, Video)

As Nigerians mark the #EndSARS protest anniversary, Nigerian activist, DJ Switch took to her Instagram handle to explain how the EndSARS protest changed her life, IgbereTV reports.

She shared a video of her participation during the protest via her Instagram handle. She captioned the video;

"On this day, last year 20.10.20 we were filled with hopes that young Nigerians took a solid stand. Through all the government’s antics, lies, counter protesters and thugs that were sent to attack us… we stood our ground! When the Nigerian government exhausted all their poorly planned tactics… they unleashed nothing short of EVIL on its citizens. I’ve not been able to talk today… and I cannot imagine what others who had it worse, feel! I am so proud of our young generation of leaders and our celebrities that have shown great leadership. I also must say, it is not a one day affair… this is a fight for the very fabric of our nation!

My life changed on this day… for worse!But, I also believe it changed for good! I now know what it means to need something so bad… and that need for me is a better Nigeria! To the youths who risked it all today in order to remember 20.10.20, are in every bit Superman/Superwoman!
Thanks to @davido for an anthem to remember!
#endsarsmemorial #endsars #whogavetheorder #neverpostedthisbefore #nigeria"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQdtggJHnB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5E37Mz-b9c

https://igberetvnews.com/1403551/endsars-anniversary-life-changed-day-worse-dj-switch-photo-video/

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by NwaAmaikpe: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
shocked

Dear DJ Switch,

Your life changed for the worse but the good thing about bad times is that they do not last forever.
Once the stormy days are gone, you'd be ushered to where you belong, right amongst the heroines of the past.
It's just a little while before your name is engraved right besides that of Flora Nwapa and Margaret Ekpo.

You risked your life for the truth.
Despite a dead phone, rain of bullets and a bedlam of anguish, you didn't stop at the toll-gate, you proceeded to the hospital to ensure the world witnessed it all firsthand.
You sought medical assistance for strangers like they were your brothers and made even Christiane Amanpour jealous of your battle-time gallantry.

While you risked your life ensuring the narrative won't be later changed, the clout-chasing cowards who had earlier turned the tollgate as a venue to revive their dead showbiz careers hid in their bedrooms, typing deceptive words of encouragement to you on social media.

But we should have seen the signs,
We should have predicted they'd sell-out when Omotola Jalade Ekeinde questioned the authenticity of something we all watched live.
Davido went to the police and denied supporting the protests.

Today, they've said and it's been concluded that there was no massacre.
Today, you've been reduced from a heroine to a runaway DJ whose only aim was to help bring havoc and chaos to Lagos instead of her native state of Enugu.

Today they've tried to hijack the memory of 20.10.20 as theirs.
A day no one would ever have related to if not for you.

It is 20.10.21 and we won't forget.
Yes, we won't forget that once again, reality was twisted, sellouts sabotaged a struggle and in the end, we were made the scapegoats.

498 Likes 62 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sacrifices heroes make to keep us safe!
DJ switch may history forever be kind to you. Amen!

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by ecolime(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
For worse? And for good too.

Never knew her until ENDSARS period oo.

May God heal our land cry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by iamyemiakins(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Drop it like it's hot! grin

5 Likes

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by iamyemiakins(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
BMC zombies and Tinubu's urchins won't like this post

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by BlowYourMind: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
baby factory attention seeker, when fryno and flavour or whatever their name was called went to Enugu to protest, Enugu lawmaker put up a big billboard for them not to destroy Enugu ,the same bunch of hypocrites will come here to spill trash[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear DJ Switch,

Your life changed for the worse but the good thing about bad times is that they do not last forever.
Once the stormy days are gone, you'd be ushered to where you belong, right amongst the heroines of the past.
It's just a little while before your name is engraved right besides that of Flora Nwapa and Margaret Ekpo.

Despite a dead phone, rain of bullets and a bedlam of anguish, you didn't stop at the toll-gate, you proceeded to the hospital to ensure the world witnessed it all firsthand.
You sought medical assistance for strangers like they were your brothers and made even Christiane Amanpour jealous of your battle-time gallantry.

While you risked your life ensuring the narrative won't be later changed, the clout-chasing cowards who had earlier turned the tollgate as a venue to revive their dead showbiz careers hid in their bedrooms, typing deceptive words of encouragement to you on social media.

We should have predicted they'd sell-out when Omotola Jalade Ekeinde questioned the authenticity of something we all watched live.

Today, you've been reduced from a heroine to a runaway DJ whose only aim was to help bring havoc and chaos to Lagos instead of her native state of Enugu.

Yes, we won't forget that once again, reality was twisted, sellouts sabotaged a struggle and in the end, we were made the scapegoats.
[/s]You are typing trash

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by slawormiir: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Damnnn niggar
A screen shot of the music am listening to right now while blazing my weed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
It really sad how a lot of logically thinking people still see her narrative as false, really saddening.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Jogool97(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
I feel your pain

2 Likes

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by janedonez(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
Bad o
Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by JohnnyPalmer: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
THEY MADE YOU AN ENEMY OF THE STATE

FOR SAYING THE TRUTH THEY RATHER PREFER BURIED

TO US, YOU ARE A NATIONAL HERO

YOU WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED COS 20.10.20 WON'T BE MENTIONED WITHOUT YOUR HEROIC ACTS

UNLIKE SO MANY USELESS, SPINELESS AND COWARD YEYEBRITIES WE HAVE.

WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW IS THAT MANY MORE LIVES WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST BUT FOR YOUR LIVE FEEDS.

YOU GONNA BE ALRIGHT!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Eriokanmi: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
Pęlę. Awon ęhànà( wolves) l'o wa ni government

3 Likes

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Aposteli1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
You're A Hero @Dj Switch

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by kenbee(f): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
yes oh
Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Drella(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear DJ Switch,

Today, you've been reduced from a heroine to a runaway DJ whose only aim was to help bring havoc and chaos to Lagos.

You can be as sensible as this. shocked

I think the Endsars affected you negatively too.Cos on a normal day,you would bash her as usual.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by hardywaltz(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
DJ Witch ur live will Neva be the same after causing wanton destruction and several deaths

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by GeneralPula: 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Next time do your endsars in Igbo land

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by BlowYourMind: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
v b
Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by GeneralPula: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Life will forever reward her for the lies she spread..

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by verygoodbadboi: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
You're our hero. God bless you dear. God no go shame you wink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Drella(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
hardywaltz:
Witch

She fly come your side?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by ogbe88(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Mr man becareful on how u speak. this is a public forum. if u don't take ur time, I will get ur I.P address.
BlowYourMind:
baby factory attention seeker

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by chii8(f): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
I'm baffled at nwaamaikpe's comment.. shocked shocked so you can type without any form of subtle abuse?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Drella(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Pęlę. Awon ęhànà( wolves) l'o wa ni government

Wolf is Ikoko.
Thugs are Ehana.

I stand to be corrected tho.Na small pikin I be for yourba.

3 Likes

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Curious345: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks girlfriend
Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by effort1: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
BlowYourMind:
baby factory attention seeker

I'm certain her life has more value than yours

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by jomoh: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
There shall be no peace for the wicked.

4 Likes

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by PVision2020(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
This time last year the hoax was already in full swing...a year after the hoax, they've been unable to prove otherwise, save emotional blackmail, rants and curse.

Today they commemorated the death of unknown/phantom martyrs while pushing the narrative of a pseudo-massacre.

When you have an army of emotional youths bereft of logic and cognitive abilities then tricksters will keep having field day.

#LekkiLies
#LekkiHoax

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: DJ Switch On EndSARS Anniversary: My Life Changed On This Day For Worse by Maxymilliano(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
She already left her footprints in the sands of time ...

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde / Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? / Oshiomhole Once Wanted Building Named After Obaseki For ‘selfless Service’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.