Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! (20615 Views)

Ten Hag On Cristiano Ronaldo: We Want Success Together / Dybala To Juventus Team-mate Ronaldo: We Hate You In Argentina! / CONGRATS!! You Are Man United New Manager,what Will Do To Get Them Winning Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Foodforthought: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
peppermint7:
Messi’s panenka says hello
A panenka is a Penalty. Ramos has more Panenka goals than Messi, for context.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Foodforthought: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
When they win , they are united but if they lose you won't hear their voice again... ndi mgbu
As with every other club. No one celebrates a defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Olam09:

Sule Ronaldo never scored against Chelsea.. he had zero goals against Chelsea so kindly remove Chelsea badge from that shit..

He did score against Chelsea in 2008 UCL final

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Kingcalls: 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Hopefully that happens... The club is in dire need of one!

He just has to step into the role of player and coach or assistant coach.

I believe one or two players in that team are not stepping up.

The team is quite good tbh!!!.... Their second half display last night was exceptional. They can start and finish all their games like that if they want to.

Brentford and Brighton have no world class players, yet they play with so much unity, purpose, and belief!!!... If United players wake up and truly unite and step up their games, they will be far more lethal and ruthless than the team we saw last season!!!

Thats what Ronaldo brings to the team...his energy was effective on others
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by goodheart02(m): 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
unbitchable:

No one is arguing that the old fraud is an aerial threat in the box. But when it mattered, Messi scored a header against ManUtd in Champions league finals 2009 and the old fraud could not do anything about it.
This is FOOTball, put the ball on the ground and watch Messi perform his magic.

Lol... i definitely knew it was u bitching about like a rat in menses
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by JohnnyPalmer: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
Oluwadare316:

Chai, why don't you leave parents out of this. You can express yourself though every one knows the importance of parents whether they are alive or not.

Ok
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by goodheart02(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
peppermint7:

Messi’s panenka says hello

What's special about your so called Panenka?? It's just a penalty dickhead!
No be only Panenka na Nneka. Mugus

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by JohnnyPalmer: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
Foodforthought:

You keep contradicting yourself to claim baseless points. If number of balon dor won makes someone better than another, you are saying that Modric is greater and better than Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard and Pirlo. Balon dor is an individual award. I don't judge players by individual awards. Mahrez was named EPL player of the season the year Leicester won the EPL. Hazard was at his peak at the time. Was Mahrez better than Eden at any point as a player?

Good question

Ballon d' or is the topmost parameter, Although it's just 1 of many parameters which may be subjective or objective

But whatever parameter you wanna use, Messi still comes out on top
They want us to believe Mr. Ronaldo is a better goal scorer, when Messi has a better g:g ratio, and has about 30 goals less than Ronaldo despite Ronaldo playing over 100 games more
Has more golden boots than Ronaldo too

As for Modric, he's an opportunistic winner doesn't make him better, the others probably would have won 1 or more if not for the dominance of Messi and Ronaldo
It's not same thing when we analysing the 2 most successful winners of ballon d or in history

Lastly, of course mahrez was a better player than Hazard in that season Leicester won the league
Chelsea were dangling in the bottom half that season and had an abysmal season ending

That doesn't make mahrez better than hazard, but he was better in context of that season
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by blackmantis: 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ronaldo makes people love watching football.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by FLYFIRE(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
For your mind una they play football. We go see how far una dey go grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by KingDash: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Which PSG?!! The same one that played full squad against Club Brugge abi another one?!!

Mtchewwww!!! Talk another thing abeg!
baba them beat leizig and man city.. ronaldo no fit even beat young boys.
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Angelfrost(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
KingDash:
baba them beat leizig and man city.. ronaldo no fit even beat young boys.

Football doesn't work that way.... Is it Man United that can't beat City and Leipzig??! Lol.

Bros, forget that United is fooling around this early part of the season, but those guys can beat any team if they set their minds to it... Well, except Bayern Munich sha!!! I never see those ones mate for UCL this season! tongue

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by bantamx: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Doesn't even matter the venue... United can actually take the game to Liverpool if they are serious and kick into gear.

Liverpool is no where close to invincible na!!! Hell, average albeit determined Brentford almost took all points from them.

It will be quite unwise to write off United even if their coach is a charlatan!!! tongue
Lol It's his biggest game of the season so far,I expect beast United as usual so they don't sack him. A draw would do but deeply I want a repeat of what Tottenham did at Old Trafford last season so he can pack n leave.
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Angelfrost(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
bantamx:

Lol It's his biggest game of the season so far,I expect beast United as usual so they don't sack him. A draw would do but deeply I want a repeat of what Tottenham did at Old Trafford last season so he can pack n leave.

That game is beyond Ole at this point...

Ronaldo will rally them all... They will want to prove a point at Old Trafford!

Well, Liverpool has to be very wary of that United attack... Especially if Ole wakes up from his ineptitude and uses a proper first team!

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by bantamx: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

That game is beyond Ole at this point...

Ronaldo will rally them all... They will want to prove a point at Old Trafford!

Well, Liverpool has to be very wary of that United attack... Especially if Ole wakes up from his ineptitude and uses a proper first team!
I think the return of Rashford is a huge boost for United but can the clueless one pick the right squad? A front three of Rashford Cavani and Cr7 would be deadly but then our midfield would be mess.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by IYANGBALI: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
kristonium:
Serious heartbreak!!
especially for Chelsea fans
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
bantamx:

You are playing at Old Trafford

Makes no difference
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
Foodforthought:

Ronaldo has played and scored at Anfield before, so I don't know what you mean. He has more career goals than the entire Liverpool squad altogether I'm sure. So calm down.

Let's revisit this conversation after the match.
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Bamzyriches451: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
Mtewww
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by KingDash: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Football doesn't work that way.... Is it Man United that can't beat City and Leipzig??! Lol.

Bros, forget that United is fooling around this early part of the season, but those guys can beat any team if they set their minds to it... Well, except Bayern Munich sha!!! I never see those ones mate for UCL this season! tongue
ronaldo fan smh
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Angelfrost(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
KingDash:
ronaldo fan smh

Nah... Not at all.

I have no time for such nonsense. I am a football fan! Not even a United fan sef!!!

You don't rule out any team! What quality of team did Ole use in knocking out PSG out of UCL some seasons back in France?!! Didn't United beat them yet again in their very same Paris later?!!

This is not about Ronaldo, as I would have said the same thing if he wasn't in the team!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Samdy90: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ronaldo on the beat
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Kingcalls: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
goodheart02:

This is y I said messi is the most overrated player in history of football... once he does same thing that others do, its overblown .... panenka that Ronaldo scored last season i serie A...no one talked bout it.... hazard, Jorginho, Lewandowski, salah hv all scored panenka , but look at them screaming like its a new thing in football....most messi fans a kids.... the first time I saw panenka was Italy vs Holland in Euro 2000 scored by Totti in the shoot out.... Zidane scored a panenka against buffon in 2006 final... Henry had done it multiple times for arsenal, so as suarez and sanchez , even van persie....its a normal classy penalty... but look at how his fans are acting like its a new thing... they even said the first goal is not a tap in cos he had earlier struck it... thats y I said they are not normal fans ...they are mentally unstable

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by MOVIC6: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
ARE YOU DON...?
obembet:
Cristiano Ronaldo is a major threat on crosses and corners, due to his amazing heading ability. Messi on the other hand is not a major threat on aerial balls in the box, due to his short height and average heading.

Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Kingcalls: 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Nah... Not at all.

I have no time for such nonsense. I am a football fan! Not even a United fan sef!!!

You don't rule out any team! What quality of team did Ole use in knocking out PSG out of UCL some seasons back in France?!! Didn't United beat them yet again in their very same Paris later?!!

This is not about Ronaldo, as I would have said the same thing if he wasn't in the team!

Most of these guys are kids ...they just started watching football.... my rule when it comes to betting is that dont stake on a game that have 2 rivals, even if one is out of form .... those days that arsenal will loose to small teams 4 in a row, next thing u see them beating Liverpool or utd that had been winning games....
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Angelfrost(m): 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Kingcalls:

Most of these guys are kids ...they just started watching football.... my rule when it comes to betting is that dont stake on a game that have 2 rivals, even if one is out of form .... those days that arsenal will loose to small teams 4 in a row, next thing u see them beating Liverpool or utd that had been winning games....

Precisely... United will never roll over for Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal no matter how bad their form is.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by peppermint7(m): 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
goodheart02:

E pain amgrin
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by peppermint7(m): 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Foodforthought:

A panenka is a Penalty. Ramos has more Panenka goals than Messi, for context.
Cry for me boss grin
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Doluseun(m): 5:02am On Oct 22, 2021
Olam09:

Sule Ronaldo never scored against Chelsea.. he had zero goals against Chelsea so kindly remove Chelsea badge from that shit..
You must be less than 15 yo for typing this shit, 2008 champions league final is 13years ago , so you must be a kid for not knowing Cr7 hit a header in that final .
Oponu

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Lazenby007(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Can we call Leicester for this guy,please?
Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Glycolite: 7:57am On Oct 22, 2021
NomzyJust:

Since yesterday I've been asking myself, "what does this person mean by midgetonians?". I just realised you're talking about the Argentine. wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yea,you got it.
That's a special word I use to describe them ( Messi's fan).

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! by Olam09(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2021
Doluseun:

You must be less than 15 yo for typing this shit, 2008 champions league final is 13years ago , so you must be a kid for not knowing Cr7 hit a header in that final .
Oponu
Oponu your papa less than 15.. i fit be your senior brother self idiot. Ronaldo never scored against Chelsea he missed the penalty.. but later on one of Chelsea's player slipped and play the penalty into the keepers hands giving Manchester United the chance to lift the damn trophy. After the game gan he Ronaldo was crying like a baby thinking he would have been blamed if Chelsea had lifted the champions league trophy.. don't just conclude on stuffs like that, i can see you're the kid here dumbass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi: Argentina Struggled With Nervousness In First Game Back. / Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.