Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School (30037 Views)

Government Day Secondary School Kaya, Zamfara In Pictures / Government Day Secondary School Daura Photos By Abiodun @felewire / SS2 Student Of Command Day Secondary School Flogged By Soldiers In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Gandollar(f): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2021
Bravo1100:
All these decay in two years?
Day one sef weak me.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by DIAMANTE1759: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
This is Army day secondary school, ramat park, benin city. I finished my secondary education here in 2014.
It's sad students now learn on bare floor shocked cry
very sad
I also finished from this school 2014
ever live to remember great army day
we can get to know ourselves and see what we can do for the school
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by DIAMANTE1759: 8:23am On Oct 21, 2021
neyobills:

Are you sure this is a command school because Command schools are administered by NAECS Nigerian Army Educational corps and there is no way any command in Nigeria would be in this state,Commands are party FG and NA funded too so I’m sure it can’t be this bad,is this solely a public school or a NA command school?
its a government school, though it was operated by the army from the start but state government later took over. army personnel do visit the school on some occasion

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Drefaithful(m): 8:23am On Oct 21, 2021
Both Command Secondary School and Army Day Secondary School located in a Barracks, but the former is administered by Nigeria Army Education Corps (NAEC) whilst the latter is Governed by the State of government of any state is situated.

Every command school has a good standard in term of discipline and education though the school fees is a little bit higher, whereas, Army Day is at the mercy of the state government, we all know what the state owned school look alike in our various environment, except for few of them.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Businessman1986(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
And some foolish set of zombies will come to this forum and challenge people to not speak up against the government....
If the government was doing the right thing would they be any need for people to protest and complain...

lalasticlala pls move to frontpage for the necessary people to do the right thing... cool

Which govt, federal, state or local, be specific. I am sure if effort is made at the local level, it would not degenerate to this. Not everything is Abuja matter, some things like education and primary health care etc can be organised the grassroot level
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by lilvicky68(m): 8:27am On Oct 21, 2021
pek:
Why use formal?
Former I meant...
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Mccullum: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2021
ygowon:
This is what IPOB is fighting against. This is what bad leadership has reduced Nigeria to.

And the painful thing is that the fools among us who collect 30k from these bad politicians would come here to defend their masters and even tag this thing to party.

They will say it's PDP, as if PDP is different from APC. Akpabio was in PDP but now in APC. Edo governor was in APC but now in PDP. FFK is now in APC. So, what makes PDP different from APC?

The fools among us will see this wickedness and remain mute, except it has to do with Ipob or igbos

I'm not supporting bad governance, IPOB agitating for secession which later turned to terrorist group,

There are different between agitation for good governance and succession. don't mix it up, only an hypocrite adult won't understand the differences.

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Gval123: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2021
kokoA:
Command sec school? I doubt. Command schools are owned and run by Nigeria Army no state governments.
Yes. I know the school in benin city, na military
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Obamed: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2021
dalass:

You can say I don't have sense.

The western world have people who contribute the quota to help their Schools regularly without waiting for their government.

Obama years after went to a Nursery/ primary to give back. Even BUA CEO, a Nigerian went to donate billions to build a Faculty for Harvard.

I saw the Primary school Pastorl Tunde Bakare singlehandedly renovated! The whole school!!!

Its not possible that all the products of your former school are jobless and poor! Organize those that actually have to give back.

You'll be surprised many are willing just waiting for the right push.

Those students and teachers are really suffering not learning. Any wonder for their poor academic performance? undecided

You provide light for yourself, provide water for yourself, provide security for yourself, fund your own private education yourself...

From the meagre sum some employees pay you, they deduct government tax... Govt tax you stamp duty, vat and other levies at the local, state and federal level.

What is the essence of having a government if it cannot the most basic needs of a society which is good public education?

It's foolishness to mention Obama and any Nigerian public figure in the same sentence. Obama lives in a society where things work at least 70%.

Tell me one thing that is working up to 30% correctly in Nigeria... What kind of society produces 1 successful person and 10,000 failed persons and expects progress?

Since you're indirectly saying we should shoulder our burden, then you should equally call for a scrapping of the government.

Successful countries like Germany, USA, France, China, Austria, Canada never joke with the quality of their public education. The government ensures the quality of public education is top notch so as to ensure the quality of manpower in the country in future remains very high.

In Nigeria, we have people like you calling for government to abandon its duties.

It's such a pity we have the likes of you roaming the streets of this contraption called Nigeria.

I'm very sure if the likes of you become governor or president, you'll embezzle the money meant to fund public education while calling on Old Students Association to gather funds to go employ teachers and repair their decaying schools.

May sense fall on you.

4 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by AROMA1975: 8:45am On Oct 21, 2021
PATHETIC
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Osanoghodua1: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2021
Very sad. That school is now a breeding ground for cultism and prostitution.

I was suppose to resume on this army day but my father vehemently kicked against it because dey had afternoon session then and was cancelled same year I started secondary school. I would later go to Western Boys' High School 1997-2003! I met men good and bad. I heard stories of how student were more brilliant than teachers, I too was challenged and learnt all subjects myself. At SS2, we defeated ArmyDay SS3 on quiz competition at NTA TV road, was later shown on NTA. Our SS3 had asked us to go because dey were preparing for exam.

Nothing to write about government secondary schools in Edo anymore. It's gone

2 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Vyolet(f): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2021
This thread topic is misleading, what nonsense?
There's no way on earth Command Secondsry School will be this bad, ko po.
Aside that, OP, what is your alumni doing about it? If you don't have a strong alumni then the school is not worth it afteral.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by tunize(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2021
Ryan03:
don't even blame government for this. Those children destroy those stuffs you are seeing and sells the woods and iron to same indigenes of the state. Come to Edokpolo secondary school at lawani and see how these students are being arrested weekly by school principal and teachers. They will even remove the roof and window frames and sell them.

When caught, their mothers start coming to the station to shed tears and beg. The principal will collect money for damages and close case, so what about those who were not caught? Who will pay for those damages? You Benin indigenes should go and repair your homes, raise your kids well. Nor be everything be government
You just spoke nothing but the truth u need to come around and see how this student behaves, this kids do have sex openly in the streets dem nor even send you, smoke hemp, pressing themselves, fight, hang around the area.

They go about constituting all sought of nuisance around or are we suppose to still hold the government responsible for this?

This same school in question some sets of old boys donated some blocks of classroom fully equipped with chairs good structure bro less than a year that particular building was a shadow of itself caused by the destruction of both some wayward students and some hoodlums around.

As we speak some few soldiers are collecting store rents, house rents, i.d card money all in the name of "barrack i.d card" generating all sought of revenues within and outside the barracks environ, yet without even giving back to the school and the o.p is busy shouting government.

To the soldiers it's all about the money and not the security. No disrespect to anyone living within the barracks but same hoodlums in question still comes from within the barracks amongst those that are living there.

If this structure is like this all thanks to the negative effects of human activities because nor be spirit do am.

To me that school is just like looking for a needle in an haystack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by JoeOdion(m): 8:52am On Oct 21, 2021
ceejay10:
What should we do now? Contribute money to renovate it? You should go ask the school board some questions. E no concern Nairaland. Itchy fingers.

Heartlessness doesn't even define you. The typical behavior of Nigeria. Its another person's problem not mine.

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by chinchonglee(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2021
kokoA:
Command sec school? I doubt. Command schools are owned and run by Nigeria Army no state governments.
Yes, you are right
Command schools are run by fed govt.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Lokojatoofar: 8:58am On Oct 21, 2021
The govt people have used the future of the state to carry Slayqueens to dubai for 4some
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by XXXXTENTACION: 9:06am On Oct 21, 2021
Businessman1986:

Which govt, federal, state or local, be specific. I am sure if effort is made at the local level, it would not degenerate to this. Not everything is Abuja matter, some things like education and primary health care etc can be organised the grassroot level
Do you know the name of your local government chairman...
ok tell me the name of your local government chairman... undecided
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Slimm01: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2021
AdeniyiA:

I think you should know better, that Command Schools are a private/public schools established by the Army to, originally to cater for the needs of its staff's children, since the Army is a nomadic unit. It was later opened to civilian members of the society.
The problem with the system is corruption within the high echelon of the Army who see establishment as a money making cow. I once taught in one of them at Ibadan. They replace the commandant frequently (number one problem), when they come they do so with the mindset of coming to cut their own cake, they come with different knife sizes... Very very corrupt people, they kill the system
I think you should know better that Command Schools are strictly owned and controlled by the Nigerian Army, while Army secondary schools are strictly owned and controlled by the Federal Govt. I'm a product of Command Day Secondary School, Ojo Cantonment-Lagos. Command Schools nationwide are in top-notch. All facilities are working perfectly. No room for Corruption because inspectors from the Nigerian Army Educations Corps and schools do come to visit every now and then. Plus they have a strong PTA members of reputable status and men of calibre that won't see their children in such a mess. So pls stop mistaking real Command Schools for just Army govt Schools.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Valuc: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2021
Well it might bear the name ... command secondary or army children school... Whether it's been managed by the Army or Managed by govt... A sch ought not to be in this form.. haba naw.. which kain mumu thing we dey go thru as a country like... How can a school be looking like buhari regime... I wonder how the hospitals around will look like
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2021
Na waoo, things have really change shall
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by kponkedenge(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2021
dalass:
grin

Its truly an eye-sore
undecided
All the mumus spending money anyhow on frivolities should go back to their secondary schools. The white donate millions to their schools.

I would be in my school this Saturday to join my mates in giving back to my Alma mater.

Instead of crying let's actually do our own bit. Governments all over the world can't provide every thing. I'm no politician but I believe we can help the hapless youths of today who learn under horrible conditions

Good you still keep in touch with your Alma Mater. I finished secondary school in 2004 in Lagos. My school (jakande), was in bad shape... But not like what I saw on this thread....the only issue we had then was the weak walls that kept on collapsing from time to time.... Even injured a student back then.

But now the school has been rebuilt, even has an upstairs now (which wasn't there before). I'm impressed now though.

I really don't know if it was the state government that rebuilt it or old students association.... But I'm impressed all the same.

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Deadlytruth(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2021
Siwel25:

I thought many people were insulting Oshiomole then? Now, Edolites decided to ignore their most performing governor's advice to vote a failure. They should enjoy him till next elections.
It was a moment when a slight majority in Edo State decided to follow their hearts instead of their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by BenDrickz(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2021
I attended Command Secondary school too
In Benue State.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Solsix(m): 9:23am On Oct 21, 2021
Peter Obi made sure school like this don't exist in Anambra state. Non igbos will not understand why we are grateful to peter obi. I pray pdp wins in Anambra pools
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Agness7: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2021
poiZon:

Know ur country, this is Nigeria Army facility, u paid ur fees then to the military and not edo govt, if the army can't handle the facility anymore, all they need do is to write to edo state govt and request formal transfer of the facility to them.
Or you guys, the alumni can get together and work things out.
wow, so you are telling me about the school I attended, It is solely a state govt school without army interference, we all paid school fees to fcmb account same with other public students from other schools, ignorance, you speak as if you know what you are saying, army has nothing to do with the school, it's army day secondary school and located at a former army barracks.

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Sterope(f): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2021
I don't understand what is going on here.

This is like miles different from other command schools that I know.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by sylve11: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2021
ceejay10:
What should we do now? Contribute money to renovate it? You should go ask the school board some questions. E no concern Nairaland. Itchy fingers.

Lol grin cool
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by vicfajeze: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2021
What has this got to do with us?Shebi na military school, tell Buhari or the chief of army staff .Shege.come North make u come see fine school buildings.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by poiZon: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
wow, so you are telling me about the school I attended, It is solely a state govt school without army interference, we all paid school fees to fcmb account same with other public students from other schools, ignorance, you speak as if you know what you are saying, army has nothing to do with the school, it's army day secondary school and located at a former army barracks.
I went to command children school, army barracks calabar, it is solely the property of Nigeria army.
If the school is in the premises of a military barracks, it means it is a military school.
Maybe they transferred its operations to the state govt, i dont about that.
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by SilvanusII(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2021
Command schools is within the purview of the Federal Government and the Nigerian Army, not the state. It is very disappointing to see a 'federal' school look like this. Had better be one of the condemned buildings oooo tori
Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by tiger28: 9:57am On Oct 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
And some foolish set of zombies will come to this forum and challenge people to not speak up against the government....
If the government was doing the right thing would they be any need for people to protest and complain...

lalasticlala pls move to frontpage for the necessary people to do the right thing... cool
Am sure you kept quiet when Jonathan was President. I am not a fan of buhari by far but isn't convenient that most you all never complained when Jonathan was there?

1 Like

Re: Army day secondary school , Benin: I Almost Cried When I Visited My Old School by Whois(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2021
I thought command secondary is boarding version of command day secondary. I attended cssl, ipaja and our school was/is very well maintained. Truely edo no be lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. / New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4 / Student Runs Around In Wild Excitement After Seeing His Results (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.