Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door (32852 Views)

One Of The Thieves Caught In Benin Flaunting Wads Of Cash,Home & Cars (Pics/Vid) / See What A Yahoo Plus Ritualist Placed At A Junction In Delta State. / How I Was Robbed & Thrown Out Of A Moving Taxi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by offset67(m): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nomorelove:
Hello, I was robbed today at my house and the thief or thieves placed a keg of palm oil at my doorstep. I woke up by 1 am or thereabout and saw my door open and to my surprise, I spotted the keg of oil too.

At first I didn't take it serious because I felt it was my friend who kept it there although it made no sense at all. I then stood up to close my door. My friend said he came out of his room and was surprised to see the keg of oil but thought I was the one who kept it there.

Not long after, he opened my door to tell me we have been robbed. They took our TV which is brand new. It's really heartbreaking but also surprising. The thief of theives gained access through the back door which was locked properly. How they got in through there remains a mystery to me.

After digesting the whole thing, we stepped out of the house to discover that they came prepared because the barb wire on the fence was cut meaning they brought a tool to do that.

My question now is that the keg of oil placed at my door was it some sort of juju to make us unaware of what was happening? Because we didn't hear a single thing throughout.

Let me add that they didn't take any other thing aside the TV which means they came for just the Television. I believe it must be someone that came into the house not too long to fix some things there.

Please I want to know if that's some sort of juju or if someone has had a similar experience.

PS: For those asking, the keg of palm oil was taken from my kitchen store. It is mine. Funny thing is they didn't carry away any other thing because they are so many things for them to take.

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by femicyrus(m): 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
post=106922378:
First of all, sorry for your loss,

Second of all,
Africans and all these archaic superstition sha.
You better go buy one derica of beans and cook it till it is very soft and succulent, (you can also add one ripe plantainto it, eat and thank God for your life.

A picture speaks more than a thousand words,
Here you have it.

Lol cheesy
We still have some remaining @dem MANNA kitchen o
Oh lalacious
This type of food had crossed the border to become exclusively for the rich in Nigeria courtesy of buhari government
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Goalnaldo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They left the keg of palm oil so you and your friend can use it to eat yam and have enough energy to cry for the stolen TV.

But if there is no physical trace of how they gained entrance, common sense should tell you that it is either you or your friend stealing from yourselves and capitalizing on your love for superstition to outsmart the other.
Nairalands wisest man has spoken.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Longman8: 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
The thing is that armed robbers are going fetish this days. Don’t be surprised they will even use what u have to charm u. The insecurity in the country is worrisome, the more reason we all have to be prayerful,conscious and alert. Remember the police only arrive after the crime to safeguard the place.If u really want to protect urself u have to do it yourself.
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Goalnaldo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
Falseprofet2:
cry

I see the black man continuing to believe in juju despite the many proofs there is nothing like that

I see OP eventually wising up only when he is old man..
I see him investing in man of God for protection. I see him and many others fortifying themselvs as the oba of Benin did and still the British kicked his ass
I see human trafficking continuing in benin despite oba's curse
The last picture though cheesy
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Orlatunday11(m): 5:18pm On Oct 21, 2021
They might be in haste to drop d keg and look well they might take other things u never noticed like mine it after 2mnt i wanted to use dvd player i notice they took it. Took my intoin.
A day to my son Christian kwn they hv took my new bought shoe....so funny
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Habib101: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2021
May be they pity you say make we live this oil so he can use cook wink
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Rajahbite(m): 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
Simple logic will point to the probability that it must be a lone thief who stole the keg of palmoil,then on sighting the TV which obviously is more valuable jettisoned the keg for the TV. He couldn't have carried off the too at once, maybe he'll return some day/night for the keg.

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Kyf1: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Really
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
I think they have intention of carrying some other valuables including ur palm oil but they don't have limited time
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Ungodly: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They left the keg of palm oil so you and your friend can use it to eat yam and have enough energy to cry for the stolen TV.

But if there is no physical trace of how they gained entrance, common sense should tell you that it is either you or your friend stealing from yourselves and capitalizing on your love for superstition to outsmart the other.
wow! Were you blind or comprehension is just quite hard for you?
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by ridbell01(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
Report to the police
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Zino1846: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Bonaventura(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Bro, don't mind the trolls saying rubbish. I had similar experience last year. They came into my flat, came into my room took the laptop and the phone that was on my bed while I was sleeping. They left a tuber of yam from my kitchen at the door to one of the rooms that my siblings were sleeping in.

PS : They came in through the window as the forcefully hit one of the burglary with a heavy stuck.
It was surprising how no one heard them even though there were more than 4 persons in the flat.

When I shared the story of the incident, I heard tales of how they could come into your room even step on you and you can't get up. The funny thing is that the instance you they leave, you get up

2 Likes

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by castiello(m): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
The oil was used as a lubricant to rob their body Incase you wake up and try to wrestle with them you will not be able to have a good grip, some even use engine oil and most times they operate naked those thieves are not armed they are pretty thieves around the area

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Zino1846: 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Calitoscassius(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
I would say don't eat with oil, they might have poisoned it, knowing nigerians, throw the oil away. Don't worry yourself thinking about why they left the oil there. It's bad enough you lost your TV, now you have the issue of oil to worry about.

Who da hell steals TV nowadays? undecided I just threw out my old perfectly workinh 46" TV in the bin last week. Bought a new one 55" £300.
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Prechy08(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nomorelove:
Hello, I was robbed today at my house and the thief or thieves placed a keg of palm oil at my doorstep. I woke up by 1 am or thereabout and saw my door open and to my surprise, I spotted the keg of oil too.

At first I didn't take it serious because I felt it was my friend who kept it there although it made no sense at all. I then stood up to close my door. My friend said he came out of his room and was surprised to see the keg of oil but thought I was the one who kept it there.

Not long after, he opened my door to tell me we have been robbed. They took our TV which is brand new. It's really heartbreaking but also surprising. The thief of theives gained access through the back door which was locked properly. How they got in through there remains a mystery to me.

After digesting the whole thing, we stepped out of the house to discover that they came prepared because the barb wire on the fence was cut meaning they brought a tool to do that.

My question now is that the keg of oil placed at my door was it some sort of juju to make us unaware of what was happening? Because we didn't hear a single thing throughout.

Let me add that they didn't take any other thing aside the TV which means they came for just the Television. I believe it must be someone that came into the house not too long to fix some things there.

Please I want to know if that's some sort of juju or if someone has had a similar experience.

PS: For those asking, the keg of palm oil was taken from my kitchen store. It is mine. Funny thing is they didn't carry away any other thing because they are so many things for them to take.

You know this same shit happened to me 2 years ago when my baby was just 2 months old. You know child of that age hardly sleep all through the night. My wife woke up to use the rest room around 3am and was looking for her phone. I told her to go to the sitting room probably she left it charging there, she went and came back telling she did not see it,

Na so I carry vex stand up enter sitting room immediately I became alarmed as I did not see my TV again I just told my wife forget the phone, we have been robbed. Na so she rush baby to check if he was still alive, she jack the boy up and joined me in the sitting room, our wedding ring on the tv stand gone too. I notice my trousers scattered, money gone as well. They came in through kitchen window and I was living on the first floor, his them carry climb go there remains a mystery.

Both police and sarz tell me to pay 20k them go track the phone, I paid 10k make them track one first, till now nadaaaaa and my wife phone an gift for safe delivery from me. E never reach 2 months. Well the rest an history, but I moved out of that place in some months time.

By brother you were jazzed like me to sleep all through the night and it always happen that when u wake up, that was about the time they leave your compound.

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Tinney104(m): 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Hmmmmmm oloriburu omo Igbo lol........

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by hyfr(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

Erm... Did they leave oyel?!! undecided
I'll pass
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by mateen007: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is quite wrong to say, so many times, bricklayers and other people who build houses duplicate keys newly built apartments without the landlords knowing, repairers can equally do the same too.

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by charleoj(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
I suspect you have something to do with the robbery
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by goody2019: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Too many people are making so many unwise comments in this forum. Some don't even read the posts before commenting. Is this what social media stands for?

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Truvelisback(m): 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
How did they enter tru ur door? Are u sure u locked ur door b4 sleeping or u just jammed it? If u had locked ur door properly, i don't think they would have gained entry into ur house, except they broke down ur door.
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by dopedan(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
Bonaventura:
Bro, don't mind the trolls saying rubbish. I had similar experience last year. They came into my flat, came into my room took the laptop and the phone that was on my bed while I was sleeping. They left a tuber of yam from my kitchen at the door to one of the rooms that my siblings were sleeping in.

PS : They came in through the window as the forcefully hit one of the burglary with a heavy stuck.
It was surprising how no one heard them even though there were more than 4 persons in the flat.

When I shared the story of the incident, I heard tales of how they could come into your room even step on you and you can't get up. The funny thing is that the instance you they leave, you get up
Omo this is really fetish they came to my compound first to carry my tenant car battery they came later again to put my security mans slippers inside my tenants car and left the boot open nobody noticed anything They even tore d security mans net
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Hassanmaye(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
Chummynoni:
I dont think they are thieves. Despite the hardship caused by buhari, I dont think any right thinking thieves would forgo a whole keg of palm-oil for only TV. Start calling your distant relatives in the village if anyone of them sent palm-oil through anyone, then start your investigation from there. Sorry for your loss
What do you mean is CV palm oil difficult to get now
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Nomorelove: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Prechy08:

You know this same shit happened to me 2 years ago when my baby was just 2 months old. You know child of that age hardly sleep all through the night. My wife woke up to use the rest room around 3am and was looking for her phone. I told her to go to the sitting room probably she left it charging there, she went and came back telling she did not see it,

Na so I carry vex stand up enter sitting room immediately I became alarmed as I did not see my TV again I just told my wife forget the phone, we have been robbed. Na so she rush baby to check if he was still alive, she jack the boy up and joined me in the sitting room, our wedding ring on the tv stand gone too. I notice my trousers scattered, money gone as well. They came in through kitchen window and I was living on the first floor, his them carry climb go there remains a mystery.

Both police and sarz tell me to pay 20k them go track the phone, I paid 10k make them track one first, till now nadaaaaa and my wife phone an gift for safe delivery from me. E never reach 2 months. Well the rest an history, but I moved out of that place in some months time.

By brother you were jazzed like me to sleep all through the night and it always happen that when u wake up, that was about the time they leave your compound.
Omo things dey sha happen
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Nomorelove: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Truvelisback:
How did they enter tru ur door? Are u sure u locked ur door b4 sleeping or u just jammed it? If u had locked ur door properly, i don't think they would have gained entry into ur house, except they broke down ur door.
Have you beem robbed before? Trust me stealing is some people's job
Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by SAFEENG: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
Urhobo Master class starts soon.

Re: I Was Robbed, The Thieves Placed Palm Oil At My Door by Hassanmaye(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2021
mbahdi:
In my own observation.the thief is a nice thief.he wasn't thieving he did trade by batter.he saw u needed palm oil,while him needed tv set.so he exchanged the tv set with palm oil.in dis buhari regime if u price that keg of palm oil.u will see that the price of that tv set is so much close to the price of the palm oil
Is palm oil expensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Impersonates Gombe Governor Dankwambo Arrested (photo) / Suspected Badoo Member Apprehended At Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Photos/video / Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.