Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience (20768 Views)

Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Woman Attacks, Strips Close Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Princeton92(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Yes ooh, recently he deceived me to invest 270k with Axel Investments Inc and till this moment I no understand wetin e use to make me use that money but I know say na the trust wey I get for am for me this strong thing....
embarassed tongue
I need my ego back
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bigcee(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Polynek:
He is doing well now in scamming grin
He has taken scamming to another level. Na EFCC go soon reason his matter grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Kharol1234: 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
My own friend allow them steal my Redmi phone..
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Rexymania(m): 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hmmmmmm I don't keep friends
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Sundaycomputer: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2021
Am far from people
I sale laptops
081. 39. 3four. 7one. 79
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by oluwaseyi0: 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Trust no one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by TeeGentle(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2021
it always happen very well
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by hustla(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
ImahGabi22:
This story reminds me of what a supposed friend of mine did to me earlier this year. Kenny, may God judge you wherever you are.

Long story short, I slept at this my guy's place on a Saturday/Sunday.

We came back, and I paid my house rent shortly after using my card.

Baba wiped over 50k from my account. Guy that I was feeding and planning on buying food for that same day. Omoh, I was speechless.

The next day, I went to bank. That's when I knew he used my Opay to run the level. Deleted all my alerts and feigned innocence. I went to the police, paid 2k for report and 1k to settle Inspector in charge(after so much begging).

Las las, they sent one police man to follow me and we carried him. He slept there over night. The next morning, his pops came and las las the father agreed to pay me.

Took him about 5 months before I got my money (police Sha collect 4k again)

In this life, watch who you call friends. No dey disclose your net worth and even if you do, understate it like crazy.

Rule Number Uno, Never let no man know, how much dough you hold cos..the cheddar breeds jealousy..

- Notorious BIG
10 Crack Commandments

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by clockwisereport: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Back then in school, we were writing exams. We had a very tough course dat day. So, I decided to "play formation" with my neighbour and best friend. We settled on him reading the part from lecturer A while I read the part from lecturer B.

Unfortunately for me, only 1 question came out from my part while the remaining 4 questions came out from his part. I quickly wrote my part and sat comfortably for like 30 mins for my guy to write something before sharing his answers with me.

When I called him, he told me something that made me never to depend on anybody till this day- only your parents wants you to be better than them

He did not scam me but taught me a bitter lesson

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Crochet: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Boogyman557: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool D PLACE I NORMALLY HIDE MY KUSH AT D BACKYARD. DID NOT NO MY FRIEND SAW ME HIDING MY KUSH. D NEXT DAY MY KUSH WAS NOT COMPLETE. FROM 11 KUSH TO 9KUSH. I ALMOST RUN MAD BCUS I NO DE JOKE WIT MY KUSH.. NA LATER EM COME TELL ME SAY NA HIM COLLECT MY KUSH GO HIGH. I ALMOST BREAK HIM HEAD. WHICH KIND SCAM B DAT. WTF MAN

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by tobxy: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
their was this friend of mine name ( don baba) name change bcz of security purpose, we Scott together for months, not knowing he s a snitch in human flesh, I've a deal with some dudes in ikorodu & @ the end the deal don't work out & I explain everything to them & give them screenshots of convo between me & client, don't know on the other hand that this guys didn't believe me upon the proof & shot of conversations given to them, they track through this friend of mine name ( don baba) and promise to give him 100k, they pay him 50k as part payment, and told him when deal successfully they we balance up, this son of a bitch sold my information out jus bcz of 100 bulk, the funniest part is that I bought this my guy food that same day not knowing he has bad plan for me , but thank God I overcome the trap set for me, ( don baba) wherever you're it we not be well with you!!!

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by kachistone: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
OP, this your friend na real end time friend. God Almighty kindly separate us from every enemy disguised as friends in Jesus name. Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Lekobans21: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
There was this very best friend of mine called TT, Infact we are so much close that we do everything in common. Back then I was working in a night club and I have to resume work in the evening and stay throughout the night. On this unfortunate day I got home after work to get some good rest since I’m awake throughout the night. This my so called friend come visit me and realize I’m fast asleep, he stole my blackberry bold 10 phone which I recently bought and left immediately without anyone noticing him. If not for my pops intervention by scaring him that he will invoke the god of thunder to strike whosoever stole the phone. Alas my friend secretly return the phone the next day early In the morning at our doorstep.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by myked(m): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
A

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by jojothaiv(m): 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
A reason why I don't dig role model/mentor till date.

It was late last year and I had some funds idling away in the banks, decided to throw it out to ForEx (albeit through a private investor and a coach). The writing was on the wall, when I informed Ken about the ROI, however ekuke like me still proceed.

It was on the day of pay out it dawn on me that I've been played, the so called investor was just making promises here and there but at the end of the way, I move.

What happened made me realized that:
1. When it comes to money, reputations is bound to jump out of the window.
2. There is a thin line between being gullible and getting defrauded.
3. Just because someone is respected doesn't mean such person has no questionable character.
4. Trust nobody that's what I learn on the street, but trust must also be earned.
5. When it comes to trading with your funds on the internet, do your assignment very well, there are monsters everywhere who don't care if you go bankrupt

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by alhaji04: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
arthurwillia:
Lol people will say how they were scammed by relatives or best friend but will never say how they also Scammed relatives too. We are all scammers.

1 na my pastor first scam me, I wanted to move out of the East about 2 years ago, so I wanted to sell all my properties, I’ve seen buyer oo that’s how my pastor said he wants to buy some, being my pastor in the lord now, I gave him a lot of discount, he paid part of it and said he will transfer the rest later..

Two years now pastor Mathew no send me my remaining 10k ooo, he’s not even picking my calls again, chai I lost faith in pastors

2 well I almost scammed my best friend by almost collecting one of his maga but with the hope that I will tell him later, and we can still use that Avenue to collect more money from the woman, but alas it didn’t work and it spoilt our relationship but then, we made up and we still real gees..

So we are all scammers op tell people to say how they scam others too
Thank u for dis. Nobody holy pass.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by kenny714433(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2021
cry

Thank God this post has been made.
Guys I gave my laptop to a friend who was referred to me by another friend and he has disappeared into thin air with my laptop and the 30k I gave him for repairs.

Prior to this, I have met him for installation and keyboard cleaning for like 3 times. He was staying with that my friend in a shop.

The guy was booted out of the shop because he sold stolen phones that led to police invading the shop.
Since I had already developed closeness with this dude, I gave him my laptop in his house with the money for repair.

To cut the matter short, he left the house, no longer pick my calls, and wouldn't pick calls if its relating to me. My friend that referred me to him wouldn't give me any information about him. He excludes himself from anything social media. But I'm 100% sure he's still in my locality. I thought of going to the police.
Please how can I get help? I am willing to pay anyone who can help me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by emmy512: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
My best freind downloaded loan app on my phone, borrowed and submitted my phone data to them.

I wasn't aware until after 3months when my dad called and asked who I took money from.

Felt betrayed. I gave Him access to my things

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Sunnyshinylight(f): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
There's this guy that keeps disturbing me about oil deals, yet, they won't show the LPO of the job, he keeps saying the money will be lodged in block fund, in his own account, after I deliver they will pay, I keep wondering, no sample of the oil they want and no vessel id, why are people wicked?

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by psalmz(m): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hammer2021:
Yes by psalmz
lol

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by psalmz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad yes oo.By Psalmz sad.
choke

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by psalmz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hammer2021:
Ewu yoruba
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by NwokoloOwa: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
Mine na over scam sef. I don't like remembering the experience
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by olufrosh(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
hhyhhu
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Femmyfestus: 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
Should
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by PotatoSalad(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
2015. Sent my very good friend of 5 years 400k to help me run a project while I out of town, to arrive in two weeks. This MAN used my money to run his own ish with hopes of using the profits to do my project. E choke. I got my money back after many threats. Today, we're enemies.

2. This man encountered one chance people and they took all his belongings. Gave him one of my android phones to use for the meantime, to return it when he bounces back. This man sold my phone.

People can do anything when they're desperate.
All those moral and religious values will fly out the window

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Confessions Of Shina Rambo,former Notorious Armed Robber And Killer / 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms / Four NSCDC Officers Kidnapped In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.