Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience (20764 Views)

Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Woman Attacks, Strips Close Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Euegene100001: 7:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Simple truth is trust no body. This life just get as e be . Friend o brother o . Just trust only u
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by PhilipReigns(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2021
vinexe:
I can't never forget what happened to me in 2016..... in the pursue of traveling abroad.... it is a heartbreak story ….. I stumbled on this woman called joy she is a winners chapels member...… it was a friend that give me her contact then . and this lady stay in Abuja she told me that they can get a job for me in Canada cues I am in to industrial maintenance engineering... but I need to paid for the registration fees 20k . I said ok she send me her acct number I sent 20k for her...… after some weeks she called me requested for 30k that I should send it with my passport number... I send the 30k for her... this woman later called me to informed me that I need to come to Abuja for my biometric and other things and I also need to paid for my fight ticket and my bta to Canada, is my responsibility to take care of it … she told me to come to Abuja on the 16 of April 2016... but I need to send the total of 370k …. I said ok I call the person that directed me to her she said she traveled … that I should do what ever she told me to do .. she said by next month I will be traveling out of Nigeria.....I was very happy to hear this I don't know that the are working hand to hand . I began to sorts for money . then I have a Bajaj machine I bought about 120k , I started looking for a buyer at the end I managed to sold it 80k I said in my mind since I will be traveling out there is know need for me to keep the machine..so I send the 370k to her making it 420k total I have sent to her.... 3 days to 16 of April she called me asking me if I have a place to stay at Abuja I said know she said I need to paid for a hotel at least 2days she told me that were about 6 in number that is traveling to Canada that were going to meet each other in Abuja ... she said she can paid it for me cues all of us need to stay in one hotel … she said the hotel will cost about 22k by then i began to have bubbled mind make this thing no be scam ooo oh God help me... after i encouraged my self that I will be in Abuja by 3 days time to see every thing by my self... i send the 22kevery thing is now 442k... she send me address to come to Abuja gwagwrada presidential villa.... i enter bus from Lagos to Abuja . call Mrs. joy informed her that am on my way to Abuja she said ok when i get to park i should call her she will come and pick me .... i get to Abuja i called this woman number the number is switch off .. i keep on calling her but is not going through i stayed in Abuja for about 4 days calling this woman the number is not going i called the person that directed me to her the person said that she is not in the town maybe the woman have battery low.. i ask this person have battery for 3 days the next thing she cut the call and her number went off... I spend about 60k with my transportation to and FRO and hotel in Abuja. before i finally come back to Lagos.. i have lot every thing i have .. i am 28 years as of 2016 i want to killed my self i don't come outside for about 3days crying.. the next 4days i went to the bank were i usually send the money from i explained everything to the manager .. the manager ask me to give him the acct num which i did .. after every thing he told me that the person that have the acct is in delta state .... but for them to help me that i need to bring police report for them to see what they can do for me .... i went to police station after every thing i paid some money to them i was given police repot i go along with the receipt of the all transfer i made to the woman ..... so i took it to the bank so the manager told me that after they have finished what they want to do . i need to paid in 100k in to the acct so that the person will go to bank to withdraw the money and she will arrested on attempt to withdraw... i told the man that i don't have any money with me again ..... i went back to the police station and tell them what the manager said ... they told me not to send any money to the acct ... that the person will suspect that this is a planed work ….. the ask me to paid them 50k that the will do the job and i will get back my money.... i said ok let me go and look for money for them... na so i take run run run ...... and didn't return............... till today the number is not going through ..
Hahahahahahahahajajajajahajhahahahahahajbbaababababababahahahahahahahahahhaahha my ribs oooo, God u are a commedian honestly. Anyways, in such delimma, going to the police will only amount to losing more money.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by vinexe: 7:35am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=PhilipReigns post=106953260]
Hahahahahahahahajajajajahajhahahahahahajbbaababababababahahahahahahahahahhaahha my ribs oooo, God u are a commedian honestly. Anyways, in such delimma, going to the police will only amount to losing more money.[/quote my there i almost killed my self in 2016... very bad experience
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by MorningStar233: 7:38am On Oct 22, 2021
NEXXON FOREX he scammed us and even left the whatsapp group he created...anywhere u r Stephen Tambari just know that u have heaped curses on your generation
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by vinexe: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=Philip Reigns post=106953260]
Hahahahahahahahajajajajahajhahahahahahajbbaababababababahahahahahahahahahhaahha my ribs oooo, God u are a comedian honestly. Anyways, in such dilemma, going to the police will only amount to losing more money my bros is not funny ooo is painful

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by kenny714433(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2021
Arsenalfirstson:

Do you still have his phone number? If yes, I might be able to help you

I still have his two phone numbers. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Ushman333: 8:13am On Oct 22, 2021
Na women dey get bestie
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by hahn(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Reading through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6812771/robbed-thieves-placed-palm-oil made me create this to narrate my own ordeal.

All fingers pointing to his friend. I don't think he should be carried away.

I had an experience one time although nothing fetish was involved.

Someone cleared my account and made away with my life savings running into 400k plus.
The guy was so smart but luck later ran out of him. First, he had been watching for a very long time as he had access to everything about me. I just lost my phone and I was using a small torch light phone then. Long and short, he registered for UBA Mobile banking on his phone and he had gotten my card details the day I begged him to borrow me his phone to pay for a stuff online. I didn't know he activated the screen recording and from there he got every of my card details. Shortly after, after he had activated the mobile banking. he transferred #350k to a paga agent and as God would have it the money hung in the air due to bad network. He went ahead to credit a newly created betting account with #120k. I have never indulged in betting all my life.

The next thing I saw in my inbox was a message from an unknown number telling me I will regret ever trying to drag babe with her. Which was really shocking as I can't remember ever stooping low to fight a fellow man because of a lady. I have never done that and will never do that, no insult intended please.
Turned out the message was to sway suspicion, to cause me to start imagining who could be targeting me because of a lady while the real culprit would remain unnoticed.
The guy most have waited all his life expecting the paga agent to receive the money that never entered.

The money was finally reversed to my account the next day which was when I saw my balance and saw that more than 100k was missing. What happened, was that, the guy that carried out this act had access to my phone and he deleted the alerts while I didn't suspect a thing. The other thing he did was that....

He went to the agent hours before doing the transaction. Requested for his details and told him he had transferred the money already. He waited for a while knowing fully well that he didn't do any transfer. The agent asked him to drop his number that he would call him when he finally sees the money. Mind you, this particular paga agent was in a different city from ours. It was after he returned home he now did the transaction and coincidentally the money truly hung in the air as he already lied. I Sha was credited the next day (Sunday) and to my utmost dismay, he was the very first person I narrated my ordeal to out of frustration and he still went ahead to tell me what to do while sympathizing with me and as well raining curses on whoever carried out the act. Not knowing he was the very person.

How he was busted.

I went to bank the next day being Monday and UBA was really helpful. They gave me the details of the paga agent and the manager was so concerned about my case that he personally decided to message the betting site himself. The tears in my red eyes and the catarrh in my nose plus the hiccups must have really driven him to no choice or perhaps it's just God. He asked me to go to a nearby police station and make reports that they will tell me what to do. While I got there and they were asking for bribes inspite of my situation I returned to him (the manager) out of frustration and he decided to cut corners for me. I sincerely don't know how he did it.
All I know is that he sent sportybet a message and he asked me to come back the next day. The next day, Tuesday, I was there and he said they haven't replied him. I even thought it was the usual gimmick to frustrate me into moving on. I went back there the next day Wednesday and to my greatest surprise, the details from the betting account into which my money was credited was staring at me on the computer screen of the manager. I didn't need anyone to tell me who the culprit was. I was even thinking someone probably created a parody account of this culprit so as to further sway suspicion. But it was real.

It was John, my roommate of 3 years, my supposed best friend of 13 years. We've shared everything together in between these years. A feel for friendship wanted to let me overlook the whole thing but then when I thought about what I would have lost if not for mercy of God and when I thought about how he would have feigned innocence if he wasn't caught and would have wasted my life savings feeding his betting addiction,I trashed the feels.

He was handed over to the police which was where he narrated his tactics.
It took like forever before Sporty bet could refund my money tho, I have even almost lost interest. I just kept bombarding their email with a reminder.

Share your own experience.

How many years did your friend spend in prison?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Yeezus998(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Not Yahoo related please
2 days to my birthday around August this year, I received 250k from my foreign bank account which I use to receive payments. This my so called friend also has access to this account because he also use it. The following day he called me to come and meet him at a hotel around our place sha, unknowingly to me 2 soldiers were waiting for me to get down from bike. As I almost got to the hotel, I saw my supposed friend waiting by the roadside and I called him and immediately got down from the bike I took. Omo suddenly I was grabbed by my trousers and given a hot slap, I was taken to a bush and extorted to the tune of almost 400k...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Oquezz: 8:38am On Oct 22, 2021
I was just scam by my nephew, I have been injured for many years now but recently I managed to gather some money to buy a phone, Been he knowns about phones I trusted him to help get good one, I transferred the money to him Instead to get me one he disappeared my money. I have learned not to trust anybody again.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by avrilwisedata: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2021
arthurwillia:

Lol ode
Holy pass holy pass
Swear say your a$$ never defraud person before
Ode
Well, I have Never defrauded anyone in my life before. This is not a matter of being holy. And I'll say it again, not everyone is like u. Better change your mentality.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by RIDOO: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2021
I was scammed by an old secondary school mate.He use to display as a car dealer on facebook.We met on FB after many yr we've lost contact n he just pushed it to me that if l have someone looking for job in Lagos he has access to coca-cola...Naso l I troduced my sister- in-law o.
He started from paying for computer certificate to past questions to what to give the interviewers etc.He asked me to be paying into a particular acct no... . Although l was being reluctant when it got to a time..Thank God he couldn't win me over to buy a car from him then that would have been a great disaster.. and if you know this guy when we were in school you can't believe he can do such runs.
Now I'm more careful doing anything with people l've not seen for a long time.l never knew he has swallow the devil o.
Ajibade any where you are l leave you for God to judge you.What you collect from me ...You will lose it in millions folds IJN.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by RightDecision15: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2021
A close relative scammed me, thank God I acted fast. The person was quick to pay me and added extra 50k to my money so it won’t be suspicious. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Arsenalfirstson(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2021
kenny714433:

I still have his two phone numbers. Thanks in anticipation.

Send a message
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Maxwellsurge24(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Mine is very though And I was just 21 and it still makes me understand life more...
My secondary school mate abah Augustine called me that he wanted to sell iPhone 7 in 2018 that he sister sents him iPhone 8 and he needs money for something so he can't keep the two phones he will see one ..
So I told him I have phone now I am not planning of buying phone even though it's Android that am using..he said if I can sell the phone and send him the money beside iPhone way better than tekno spark...this guy knew am a bad guy ,I don't forgive people who offend me purposely and o don't mind going to jail ..so I was convinced that him knowing that alone won't make him Bleep with me so I sold my phone and I sents him the money and he said he will waybill d phone from abj to makurdi benue state for me ,so he gave me the number of the person that was bringing it I and the guy was talking jejely immediately I sent the money the guy stopped picking and blocked me ... I knew there was something fishy about this whole phone thing I know this boy can't escape me forget he stays in abuja why I stay in makurdi...
After three days I went to were the younger sister was staying I told the younger sister about everything that happened and the fine girl suprised me..she told me it's none of her business and what ever business I have with the brother I should go and settle it ,then the beast in me started waking up as usual ..I asked her to bring the two phones she is holding and she wanted to talk na so i give her a mini dirty slap and collected her two phones and I asked her how it feels now ..like it's still none of her business right ? I told her I don't have a business with her too..but I want her to know one thing the day I will set my eyes on her brother that will be the day that he will die ...I called in his school and they told me the guy left the school for 2 months now he is not at home he is not in school ..
The gate man at the house were the sister was staying started begging me that I should just pity the young girl and give her her phones back that she shouldn't be suffering cause of the brothers crime ..I told the gate man that it wasn't because of the brother it was because of her rude answers even when I came in peace .. but later I gave her her phones back.
So she went and called the father who is staying in abj too that it he doesn't do something Augustine will be dead cause this boy doesn't play ooo,.so the father went and reported this to federal sars then that someone wants to kill his son..
And the man started calling me and threatening me that,that thing that tiv people always do with idoma people he can't tolerate it on his family (trible beef btw tiv and idoma in benue state) he is idoma and me am tiv..I just told the old man that oga .all this things you are talking it's none of my business my own I just want my money back and if you and your criminal son can't give my money then I promise him I will stab him..the man started given me death threat that he will kill me and drop my cops in akwanga ..I was writing my 200 level exams then the federal sars came in in three Hilux but the school management refused I started receiving calls from left and ND right threatening me that me I can't run from them and they most kill me..so I left school that night went to boss house and told him water don the pass gari ..he said wat happen I told him sars are after me and try threatening to kill me ,he said what did I do I told him I threatened to kill someone and he asked me weada I have killed the person I told him not yet he said I should go back and never leave that school until am done with exams ...four days later I was done so wen I was coming back home the guys sister saw me and said me I thought I can run for ever...I gave her dirty slap and told her I blame there 419 father who be giving birth to idiots ..
Before I will finished takingy bath Hilux dey gate ..na me go open so when brought out i.d cards that they want to see me at the station over death threat I knew that one na mouth cos if I comot here even if I caome back alive some part of my body no go dey the same ...
So I called my boss ..who is the prince of tiv land and the father in-law to the governor of benuestate...
And I told the sars they can't carry out arrest here onless they bring a notice from commissioner of police .
So my boss came asked them to seat one of them was busy shouting who do you think you are bra bra bra normal sars para..
My boss came with his loyal and dss friend as a sharp guy.. so when his loyal asked what Happened the girl said first and I agreed with everything that happened about death threat ..
So my boss loyal asked where about who I wanted to kill the father couldn't provide the son of course he have not seen him for mouths and the boy is a 419 and the father was saying even if the son was a 419 I don't have the right to threaten to kill his son he will go to court bra bra bra ...so as a bad guy I played the call record ,all the threat that both the sars and the father was threatening to kill me and drop me at akwanga ..and how he admitted that his son is a 419 ...and my boss loyal collected my phone containing all there numbers they have been calling me and the threat...
At the end of the day a friend played me and still played a victim ...not that am a bad person I had anger problem when I was a child wen people offend me I never for give even with the gun in my head I always do my mind ...I prefer to die than not take revenge...
Only in 2018 my cousin called sars for me .my friend too...
But make I no lie .I never see the boy till today but if I see him I won't kill him again ..I will forgive him but collect his phone's and check his wallet and collect everything including wrist watch and if him wear better shoe I go officam

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by arthurwillia(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2021
avrilwisedata:
Well, I have Never defrauded anyone in my life before. This is not a matter of being holy. And I'll say it again, not everyone is like u. Better change your mentality.

Lol he say he has never defrauded anyone in his life
Self righteousness, that will be your downfall
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by avrilwisedata: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2021
arthurwillia:

Lol he say he has never defrauded anyone in his life
Self righteousness, that will be your downfall
It's a fact not self righteousness. Prove me otherwise na.
Cheers.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Nlanalyst: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2021
Maxwellsurge24:
Mine is very though And I was just 21 and it still makes me understand life more...
My secondary school mate abah Augustine called me that he wanted to sell iPhone 7 in 2018 that he sister sents him iPhone 8 and he needs money for something so he can't keep the two phones he will see one ..
So I told him I have phone now I am not planning of buying phone even though it's Android that am using..he said if I can sell the phone and send him the money beside iPhone way better than tekno spark...this guy knew am a bad guy ,I don't forgive people who offend me purposely and o don't mind going to jail ..so I was convinced that him knowing that alone won't make him Bleep with me so I sold my phone and I sents him the money and he said he will waybill d phone from abj to makurdi benue state for me ,so he gave me the number of the person that was bringing it I and the guy was talking jejely immediately I sent the money the guy stopped picking and blocked me ... I knew there was something fishy about this whole phone thing I know this boy can't escape me forget he stays in abuja why I stay in makurdi...
After three days I went to were the younger sister was staying I told the younger sister about everything that happened and the fine girl suprised me..she told me it's none of her business and what ever business I have with the brother I should go and settle it ,then the beast in me started waking up as usual ..I asked her to bring the two phones she is holding and she wanted to talk na so i give her a mini dirty slap and collected her two phones and I asked her how it feels now ..like it's still none of her business right ? I told her I don't have a business with her too..but I want her to know one thing the day I will set my eyes on her brother that will be the day that he will die ...I called in his school and they told me the guy left the school for 2 months now he is not at home he is not in school ..
The gate man at the house were the sister was staying started begging me that I should just pity the young girl and give her her phones back that she shouldn't be suffering cause of the brothers crime ..I told the gate man that it wasn't because of the brother it was because of her rude answers even when I came in peace .. but later I gave her her phones back.
So she went and called the father who is staying in abj too that it he doesn't do something Augustine will be dead cause this boy doesn't play ooo,.so the father went and reported this to federal sars then that someone wants to kill his son..
And the man started calling me and threatening me that,that thing that tiv people always do with idoma people he can't tolerate it on his family (trible beef btw tiv and idoma in benue state) he is idoma and me am tiv..I just told the old man that oga .all this things you are talking it's none of my business my own I just want my money back and if you and your criminal son can't give my money then I promise him I will stab him..the man started given me death threat that he will kill me and drop my cops in akwanga ..I was writing my 200 level exams then the federal sars came in in three Hilux but the school management refused I started receiving calls from left and ND right threatening me that me I can't run from them and they most kill me..so I left school that night went to boss house and told him water don the pass gari ..he said wat happen I told him sars are after me and try threatening to kill me ,he said what did I do I told him I threatened to kill someone and he asked me weada I have killed the person I told him not yet he said I should go back and never leave that school until am done with exams ...four days later I was done so wen I was coming back home the guys sister saw me and said me I thought I can run for ever...I gave her dirty slap and told her I blame there 419 father who be giving birth to idiots ..
Before I will finished takingy bath Hilux dey gate ..na me go open so when brought out i.d cards that they want to see me at the station over death threat I knew that one na mouth cos if I comot here even if I caome back alive some part of my body no go dey the same ...
So I called my boss ..who is the prince of tiv land and the father in-law to the governor of benuestate...
And I told the sars they can't carry out arrest here onless they bring a notice from commissioner of police .
So my boss came asked them to seat one of them was busy shouting who do you think you are bra bra bra normal sars para..
My boss came with his loyal and dss friend as a sharp guy.. so when his loyal asked what Happened the girl said first and I agreed with everything that happened about death threat ..
So my boss loyal asked where about who I wanted to kill the father couldn't provide the son of course he have not seen him for mouths and the boy is a 419 and the father was saying even if the son was a 419 I don't have the right to threaten to kill his son he will go to court bra bra bra ...so as a bad guy I played the call record ,all the threat that both the sars and the father was threatening to kill me and drop me at akwanga ..and how he admitted that his son is a 419 ...and my boss loyal collected my phone containing all there numbers they have been calling me and the threat...
At the end of the day a friend played me and still played a victim ...not that am a bad person I had anger problem when I was a child wen people offend me I never for give even with the gun in my head I always do my mind ...I prefer to die than not take revenge...
Only in 2018 my cousin called sars for me .my friend too...
But make I no lie .I never see the boy till today but if I see him I won't kill him again ..I will forgive him but collect his phone's and check his wallet and collect everything including wrist watch and if him wear better shoe I go officam
I swear to God you are a bloody fool.
In your bid to make yourself look like a bad guy which is even an unreasonable thing to do, you ended up up showing everyone how dumb you are.
Slapping an innocent girl because of his brother? Even priding yourself on how bad you are? Na immaturity dey worry you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by joshuaidibia(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Reading through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6812771/robbed-thieves-placed-palm-oil made me create this to narrate my own ordeal.

All fingers pointing to his friend. I don't think he should be carried away.

I had an experience one time although nothing fetish was involved.

Someone cleared my account and made away with my life savings running into 400k plus.
The guy was so smart but luck later ran out of him. First, he had been watching for a very long time as he had access to everything about me. I just lost my phone and I was using a small torch light phone then. Long and short, he registered for UBA Mobile banking on his phone and he had gotten my card details the day I begged him to borrow me his phone to pay for a stuff online. I didn't know he activated the screen recording and from there he got every of my card details. Shortly after, after he had activated the mobile banking. he transferred #350k to a paga agent and as God would have it the money hung in the air due to bad network. He went ahead to credit a newly created betting account with #120k. I have never indulged in betting all my life.

The next thing I saw in my inbox was a message from an unknown number telling me I will regret ever trying to drag babe with her. Which was really shocking as I can't remember ever stooping low to fight a fellow man because of a lady. I have never done that and will never do that, no insult intended please.
Turned out the message was to sway suspicion, to cause me to start imagining who could be targeting me because of a lady while the real culprit would remain unnoticed.
The guy most have waited all his life expecting the paga agent to receive the money that never entered.

The money was finally reversed to my account the next day which was when I saw my balance and saw that more than 100k was missing. What happened, was that, the guy that carried out this act had access to my phone and he deleted the alerts while I didn't suspect a thing. The other thing he did was that....

He went to the agent hours before doing the transaction. Requested for his details and told him he had transferred the money already. He waited for a while knowing fully well that he didn't do any transfer. The agent asked him to drop his number that he would call him when he finally sees the money. Mind you, this particular paga agent was in a different city from ours. It was after he returned home he now did the transaction and coincidentally the money truly hung in the air as he already lied. I Sha was credited the next day (Sunday) and to my utmost dismay, he was the very first person I narrated my ordeal to out of frustration and he still went ahead to tell me what to do while sympathizing with me and as well raining curses on whoever carried out the act. Not knowing he was the very person.

How he was busted.

I went to bank the next day being Monday and UBA was really helpful. They gave me the details of the paga agent and the manager was so concerned about my case that he personally decided to message the betting site himself. The tears in my red eyes and the catarrh in my nose plus the hiccups must have really driven him to no choice or perhaps it's just God. He asked me to go to a nearby police station and make reports that they will tell me what to do. While I got there and they were asking for bribes inspite of my situation I returned to him (the manager) out of frustration and he decided to cut corners for me. I sincerely don't know how he did it.
All I know is that he sent sportybet a message and he asked me to come back the next day. The next day, Tuesday, I was there and he said they haven't replied him. I even thought it was the usual gimmick to frustrate me into moving on. I went back there the next day Wednesday and to my greatest surprise, the details from the betting account into which my money was credited was staring at me on the computer screen of the manager. I didn't need anyone to tell me who the culprit was. I was even thinking someone probably created a parody account of this culprit so as to further sway suspicion. But it was real.

It was John, my roommate of 3 years, my supposed best friend of 13 years. We've shared everything together in between these years. A feel for friendship wanted to let me overlook the whole thing but then when I thought about what I would have lost if not for mercy of God and when I thought about how he would have feigned innocence if he wasn't caught and would have wasted my life savings feeding his betting addiction,I trashed the feels.

He was handed over to the police which was where he narrated his tactics.
It took like forever before Sporty bet could refund my money tho, I have even almost lost interest. I just kept bombarding their email with a reminder.

Share your own experience.

Sorry for what happened to you,but I bank with UBA and have been using their mobile banking. UBA mobile banking only allows you transfer maximum of 20,000 each day for three days before you can be able to upgrade your limit. So how was it possible that he transferred that much at once?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Maryandrea: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2021
I pity u.even ur own mother z siding him.beta arrest him ND retrieve ur properties.

Calitoscassius:
It is bad, well... my mother told me to take things easy, i consulted one lawyer in nigeria and he said to me that all he wants from me is a go ahead to arrest my step brother for fraud, that they will lock him up until he produce all the documents for the properties. But my mother begged me not to do that that he might die in prison, mum asked me to keep waiting that she will try an convince him to produce the documents.

He gave my mother a document for one of my properties last year but it turned out a fake document.. so i am just waiting.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Nlanalyst: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2021
joshuaidibia:

Sorry for what happened to you,but I bank with UBA and have been using their mobile banking. UBA mobile banking only allows you transfer maximum of 20,000 each day for three days before you can be able to upgrade your limit. So how was it possible that he transferred that much at once?
Could that be why the money hung in the air?
I sincerely don't even know.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by arthurwillia(m): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2021
avrilwisedata:
It's a fact not self righteousness. Prove me otherwise na. Since u find it hard to believe. Until then, don't include me in your fraudulent cabal. Cheers.

Oya go and sit down,Dey yarn okpa rubbish, one way or the other you must have defrauded another person, you don’t know the meaning of defraud, let me help you, defraud means to cheat swindle and so on. So don’t claim holy pass abeg
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by joshuaidibia(m): 11:03am On Oct 22, 2021
Nlanalyst:

Could that be why the money hung in the air?
I sincerely don't even know.

No. It won't even let you put your pin. Limit exceeded is what it'll say. Well, thank God for OP. One cannot be too careful in life.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by avrilwisedata: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2021
arthurwillia:

Oya go and sit down,Dey yarn okpa rubbish, one way or the other you must have defrauded another person, you don’t know the meaning of defraud, let me help you, defraud means to cheat swindle and so on. So don’t claim holy pass abeg
You are an ignoramus. I don't understand why na by force to be thief like you. To the extent that u resorted to insults just cos u want me to admit that I am what I'm not. Can't u see now that u have a twisted way of reasoning? If u have to insult to drive home a point (Fallacious statement), it shows how baseless your point is. Olodo.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by RealDaughter(f): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2021
When I was in school I use to have this male friend though 80percent of my friends are male, this one was into local scam and I never knew,men then go gather for my room especially off lecture days dey do one or two together, this guy go request for my account most times telling me his uncle wants to send him money but he doesn't have atm or one nonsense excuse which my mind hardly strokes,it was Mark Zuker that helped me last last coz one of his client had a mutual friend on Facebook who was my secondary school classmate,not just using my account this time he fronted me as one airport agent,I got a call from that my classmate who wanted me to reduce their bargain of whatever from 2000$ to 1500$,I told him am not understanding that he should wait first,I ended the call and confirmed my own way he is scam and using me,I didn't tell him or confronted him about it,I pretended as if I never knew what's going on,I waited till another alert of 50k entered,I never denied the alert,I even showed him,I only and peacefully told him the bank couldn't give me the money rather they requested seeing the owner of the money,Omo this guy started avoiding me,na me come dey disturb him to come so we can go collect his money and also unfreeze my account which I have a recent 220k forwarded for cow that will be used for burial (this one now na my own format)mean while I don reason all the niggas wetin dey xup even him own catels fellow dey press am for the spiritual 220k,as Dem dey reason am the matter him unknownly dey smoke his one tie portion of sk from his 50k not knowing it,na so him take pay additional 60k before Dem free am as na family..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by arthurwillia(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
avrilwisedata:
You are an ignoramus. I don't understand why na by force to be thief like you. To the extent that u resorted to insults just cos u want me to admit that I am what I'm not. Can't u see now that u have a twisted way of reasoning? If u have to insult to drive home a point (Fallacious statement), it shows how baseless your point is. Olodo.

You ended up shooting yourself in the leg, Aboki
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Lukaku95: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
post=106945978:
Corrupt officials demand money or other favours from them in exchange of things and services they are entitled to by the law.
In such cases, the bribe taker is clearly the one responsible for bribery.
However, not just the bribe taker or giver, it can be said that the entire system is at fault.
you no dey ever make sense .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
Polynek:
I never encouraged Him to Sir, He is an adult He knows wat is right and wrong

I know you didn't encourage him but I think you allowing him to keep the remaining 10k since he was still a student may have been a form of enabling even though you were trying to be understanding

Some people know that what they're doing is wrong but still do it if they know that they will get away with it. We have to put our foot down and give them some tough love

I'm not blaming you for his actions though. As you said, being an adult, he's solely responsible for his actions

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nlanalyst:

That was his first time honestly which added to why I was so surprised.
He has just become an addicted gambler, I think that is what killed his conscience.

Wow! And his first time was really really bad. Trying to steal your whole life savings...

Your story has really touched me to the core. I would be very careful about people around me even if they seem to pose no harm

I don't think gambling changed him to be honest. I think he always had that dark side in him. I don't think people change -- their mask just falls off under stressful circumstances

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
arthurwillia:

Taaa comot there, swear In your life you never defrauded someone

Nope. I can't stand the thought of taking another man's hard earned money. I won't be able to live with myself. That thought has never even crossed my mind and it never would. I'd rather do genuine work and earn my own

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by avrilwisedata: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
arthurwillia:

You ended up shooting yourself in the leg, Aboki
Incase you have comprehension issues, I have not illegally obtained money from (someone) by deception and because you have, doesn't mean I have. U do not know me and do not have any proof of this ur baseless accusations. Gettout you this self - acclaimed THIEF and stop embarrassing yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by ImahGabi22(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
When I called him, he told me something that made me never to depend on anybody till this day- only your parents wants you to be better than them

He did not scam me but taught me a bitter lesson[/quote]

What did he tell you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa Man Caught Picking Used Sanitary Pads And Pants In Edo. Photos / Man Arrested For Raping 7-year-old Boy In His Shop In Lagos / Confessions Of Shina Rambo,former Notorious Armed Robber And Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.