Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job (28764 Views)

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam / I Made A Huge Mistake That Almost Cost Me My Job. / My Incompetence Just Cost Me A Job, I Feel Worthless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by ivolt: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
sigiyaya112:
It is because you are a Nigerian that have made you to believe that one needs prayer before getting a job. You see my dear brother leave Nigeria for you to have sense.
Stop deceiving people.
Leave Nigeria, Leave Nigeria is what many believed only to end up as a criminal abroad when reality sets in.
Don't leave Nigeria without a plan or you will regret it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by lanre4411(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
Born2conquer:
Lmao, a foreign beautiful lady messaged me on Instagram last week after I commented on a dating page.

The lady sent a HI message and I replied HEY.

She replied “Never mind”, I asked her “why”
She responded “Are you a Nigerian”, I replied “yes a Proud NIGERIAN”.

I was expecting a response until her handle changed to “instgram user”, she blocked me already grin grin grin
probably she's a scammer but sincerely most foreigners don't trust Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Litmus: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Blue001:
Hi Nairalanders,

Last year I lost my Job as an AfterSales Analyst at a multinational company called AlFuttaim in the Peak of the Covid scare in Dubai, UAE. This is when it all began, Paying my rent became a problem, feeding became a problem. At that time the frustration in the country was everywhere due to the lock down and lot of Nigerians joined some illegal activisties in the UAE.

Unlike other nations Known to me, the desperation of Nigerians is quite on the high side so most delved into Yahoo-Yahoo. So it was so rampant and obvious in Dubai then and even now.
The difficulty was much and the lockdown was highly enforced, not giving room for any means of making ends meet.
At that time I had to return to Nigeria, I stayed with my sister’s husband because he was alone during the lockdown hoping to return back to the UAE when the opportunity rises again.
I had to start up a POS business with a 50k support from a family member, but due to the location of the business which is a developing environment, customers traffic was very low, sometimes I made 400 naira daily as profit though the ironic factor was that the closest ATM for cash refill was 600naira daily.
So the business couldn’t thrive. I had to start an analytic firm just to be employed but honestly so many factors I can’t explain here hinders infant industries in Nigeria.
Now in Dubai, Nigerians already have bad names in the communities and employers weren’t willing to considering Nigerians. Though I kept applying to different organizations in Nigeria and in Dubai like wise.
I really never understood the Nigerian market also, when I got some interviews but was turned down as a result of under employment. Three organizations made this clear to me during the interview. So at that time I had to wonder if being qualified for a job is now a curse.
I have had Nigerian HRs contacting me via my LinkedIn portfolio but never landed me any Job.

Now the highlight of the frustration is that, I just got a Job at Dubai with AWRostamani another multinational as a Senior Data Analyst in the internal Audit department, and I am to be paid 9000aed which is like 1.4million naira. Two days ago made it three weeks the HR confirmed the Job as mine instructing that I go to their company’s platform to update my details where she will process my e-employment letter & Visa which I did immediately.
But I never heard from them, I sent mails informing them that I had already created my profile but yet to see an employment letter, yet no response. So on Tuesday (a day before yesterday) I had to call them and this is when the HR told me they are having difficulties processing my employment visa since I am a Nigerian and there is an on going ban on visa processes on Nigerians (aside Tourist Visas). I called some of my friends Nigerians and non-Nigerians living in Dubai to ask if they know any possible way I could go through to get this sorted out, they said it’s impossible because they are very much aware about the Nigeria situation in Dubai.

I dint know when tears began running down my eyes and my mum crying with me because she knows how bad I need a change.

Please Nairalanders, I am a data Analyst with over 5 years experience. Can you please help me with an opportunity or if you know a place I could find an opportunity.

http://linkedin.com/in/solomon-adejoh-5a1991a7

So all those Nigerian nurses and doctors finding work abroad, including in Dubai , are not Nigerians ?

Why are there so many Nigerians from Nigeria in IT in the UK here?

Instead of blaming others for your problems, have you considered that perhaps your own personal flaws may be responsible for your ongoing unemployment difficulties?

2 Likes

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
RichThugg:
Same way being a Nigerian cost me a relationship that almost changed my life back then in 2019...

But I’m no longer concerned about that, because i’ve come to realize that we Nigerians are bad as it may seem, but there are countries far worse than we are. .

My only problem with Nigeria right now is the stupid tribalism amongst us while we are being rejected internationally by some moda-fxxckers whom our country is far richer than lipsrsealed
All thanks to the useless old fool in the aso rock. When he went on air and told international bodies that his youths are lazy and his people are corrupt, what were u expecting.

1 Like

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by tillaman(m): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
Perfecttouchade:
The crimes those pakis and indians commit is crazy yet they are not in the talk ..even most of their girls dey do ashawo runs for Dubai..and some irritating things most stores or shop owners do in Dubai, once they see u are Nigerian, they start following and keeping an eye on u once u entere their stores as if u wan steal stuffs , even stores clearly states no vacancy for Nigerians o crazy gan, mehn we need to redeem our image in these foreign countries..and to think Nigerians are really investing in UAE.
there was one time a grocery store owner was following me back to back in Muwaillah while his assistant was watching the camera because I was with my cross bag and I needed to buy some stuffs, I didn’t even notice until I heard kalu Kali or something like that I knew it was associated with black so then I turned and saw the dude monitoring me I asked him if there was a problem he said you people too much harami I just started yelling at the man and cursing him making him understand not all of us are crook, it was a Sudanese woman that pleaded with me and started yelling at him with Arabic, she brought out a paper and started writing stuffs I didn’t bother to know what it was but she sounded so pained me I just jejely left and went to Al madina to get my stuffs
Our people no dey try for that side no doubts but if only they can see what those aforementioned nationales are doing in that country even when a Cameroon nationale steals he claims to be Nigerian so that’s part of the problem too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by DrDax: 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Blue001:
Hi Nairalanders,

Last year I lost my Job as an AfterSales Analyst at a multinational company called AlFuttaim in the Peak of the Covid scare in Dubai, UAE. This is when it all began, Paying my rent became a problem, feeding became a problem. At that time the frustration in the country was everywhere due to the lock down and lot of Nigerians joined some illegal activisties in the UAE.

Unlike other nations Known to me, the desperation of Nigerians is quite on the high side so most delved into Yahoo-Yahoo. So it was so rampant and obvious in Dubai then and even now.
The difficulty was much and the lockdown was highly enforced, not giving room for any means of making ends meet.
At that time I had to return to Nigeria, I stayed with my sister’s husband because he was alone during the lockdown hoping to return back to the UAE when the opportunity rises again.
I had to start up a POS business with a 50k support from a family member, but due to the location of the business which is a developing environment, customers traffic was very low, sometimes I made 400 naira daily as profit though the ironic factor was that the closest ATM for cash refill was 600naira daily.
So the business couldn’t thrive. I had to start an analytic firm just to be employed but honestly so many factors I can’t explain here hinders infant industries in Nigeria.
Now in Dubai, Nigerians already have bad names in the communities and employers weren’t willing to considering Nigerians. Though I kept applying to different organizations in Nigeria and in Dubai like wise.
I really never understood the Nigerian market also, when I got some interviews but was turned down as a result of under employment. Three organizations made this clear to me during the interview. So at that time I had to wonder if being qualified for a job is now a curse.
I have had Nigerian HRs contacting me via my LinkedIn portfolio but never landed me any Job.

Now the highlight of the frustration is that, I just got a Job at Dubai with AWRostamani another multinational as a Senior Data Analyst in the internal Audit department, and I am to be paid 9000aed which is like 1.4million naira. Two days ago made it three weeks the HR confirmed the Job as mine instructing that I go to their company’s platform to update my details where she will process my e-employment letter & Visa which I did immediately.
But I never heard from them, I sent mails informing them that I had already created my profile but yet to see an employment letter, yet no response. So on Tuesday (a day before yesterday) I had to call them and this is when the HR told me they are having difficulties processing my employment visa since I am a Nigerian and there is an on going ban on visa processes on Nigerians (aside Tourist Visas). I called some of my friends Nigerians and non-Nigerians living in Dubai to ask if they know any possible way I could go through to get this sorted out, they said it’s impossible because they are very much aware about the Nigeria situation in Dubai.

I dint know when tears began running down my eyes and my mum crying with me because she knows how bad I need a change.

Please Nairalanders, I am a data Analyst with over 5 years experience. Can you please help me with an opportunity or if you know a place I could find an opportunity.

www.reliancehmo.com

Keep pushing...
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Skillsnigeria: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
Not surprised, that's why I don't identified as nigeria online when doing my genuine online business, I even have dual citizenship

1 Like

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Litmus: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
tillaman:
there was one time a grocery store owner was following me back to back in Muwaillah while his assistant was watching the camera because I was with my cross bag and I needed to buy some stuffs, I didn’t even notice until I heard kalu Kali or something like that I knew it was associated with black so then I turned and saw the dude monitoring me I asked him if there was a problem he said you people too much harami I just started yelling at the man and cursing him making him understand not all of us are crook, it was a Sudanese woman that pleaded with me and started yelling at him with Arabic, she brought out a paper and started writing stuffs I didn’t bother to know what it was but she sounded so pained me I just jejely left and went to Al madina to get my stuffs
Our people no dey try for that side no doubts but if only they can see what those aforementioned nationales are doing in that country even when a Cameroon nationale steals he claims to be Nigerian so that’s part of the problem too

You're either a lair or delusional if you think that Nigerians and not black people generally are ones closely monitored or trailed by security guards in shops in foreign nations. I guess Oprah Winfrey is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by collinometricx: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
Yeah
berbs:

Cult clashes? Interesting.
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
tyup:
If only Buhari and the fellow 36 governors of the federation could hear Nigerians cry and enact a law stating any Yahoo boy caught should be shot dead on spot or some of em summarily conscripted into the Army and sent to the war front, maybe things can start changing for the better amongst our Youth.

Oh I so miss Gen Sani Abacha, Allah rest his soul.
you think Nigeria is the worst doing yahoo sorry The useless country is not up to level 80% in Rating but bad governance and bad Representative is the issue

2 Likes

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by ShldnCooper(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
That's what you may see when you are a citizen of a country with failed government

This is not about the failed government (which we have by the way), it's about our behaviour as a people. For example the government is not the one sending us to do illegal things at home and abroad, and paint our country in bad light.

Another way to look at it is that the government is a reflection of us as a people. The average Nigerian doesn't have a good mind and wants to cheat his/her way. Until we change, we will neither have a good government, nor better opportunities with our country on the international scene.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by tillaman(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2021
Litmus:

You're either a lair or delusional if you think that Nigerians and not black people generally are ones closely monitored or trailed by security guards in shops in foreign nations. I guess Oprah Winfrey is Nigerian.
did skip the part where I said a Sudanese woman intervened, because she knew what was going on and didn’t I say kalu is associated with the word black, it was just my own experience Being a black man
You can do better bruh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by GetMeRight: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
That's what you may see when you are a citizen of a country with failed government

With equally criminally minded citizens, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Davefed(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
post=106931612:
May all fraudsters killing opportunities for honest and hardworking Nigerians like this end miserably in life.

What a sad story to read.
So goes to your govt and it BMC like you
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Davefed(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
post=106931612:
May all fraudsters killing opportunities for honest and hardworking Nigerians like this end miserably in life.

What a sad story to read.
So goes to your govt and it BMC machineries like you
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by sakanifemi123(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
try upwork and other online remote job
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Perfecttouchade: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
Some of them will prefer to pick your stuffs for u while u go with them to each point to pick ur purchase thinking u are being given vip treatment cheesy ..in gold souq, Nigerians sef no give joy at what they do there and u can also find other nationality commiting same crimes now but codedly but when kasala burst na Nigerians Dem go hold responsible..look at what also happened in June by some Nigerians for sharajh also ..now visa issuance na grace now..we just need to clean our mess a Nigerian even if our government no see us , make we see ourselves ..
tillaman:
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Solatium(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
When we tell people that the easiest way to gain sanity and recognition is to leave the zoo but many think it's lack of patriotism.

I owe my little daughter the debt of taking her out from here by all legal means I can

and when you are the destination does that change the fact that you are Nigerian? Will that take the inherent bad behavior in you away?

Are those who caused the problem for him resides in Nigeria?
is it not your fellow Nigerians who are hell bent on making it through crooked means that gave the country a bad name?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by vaxx: 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
Why are Nigerians rushing to uae? Isreal is better if you can but Europe ( western europe) and America is far better.

I saw two young glad in benin republic some few days ago going to dubai. May help locate them if their mission is geniue.
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Pumpumking: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2021
Blue001:
Hi Nairalanders,

bro...if u need babe, i can easily hoook u up with Nairaland babe called BKsoul....she been comin to nairaland for the past 7 year wit no lock finding man sir. ..U WANT? ((THANK ME LATEER)) cheesy
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Solatium(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Not surprised, that's why I don't identified as nigeria online, I even have dual citizenship

G boy's showing up at last grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
Pumpumking:

bro...if u need babe, i can easily hoook u up with my elder sister...she been comin to nairaland for the past 7 year wit no lock finding man sir. ..U WANT? ((THANK ME LATEER)) cheesy
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by arthurwillia(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Born2conquer:
Lmao, a foreign beautiful lady messaged me on Instagram last week after I commented on a dating page.

The lady sent a HI message and I replied HEY.

She replied “Never mind”, I asked her “why”
She responded “Are you a Nigerian”, I replied “yes a Proud NIGERIAN”.

I was expecting a response until her handle changed to “instgram user”, she blocked me already grin grin grin

Lol or Instagram block her page because shes a scammer ���
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by CoolAmbience(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
RichThugg:
Same way being a Nigerian cost me a relationship that almost changed my life back then in 2019...

But I’m no longer concerned about that, because i’ve come to realize that we Nigerians are bad as it may seem, but there are countries far worse than we are. .

My only problem with Nigeria right now is the stupid tribalism amongst us while we are being rejected internationally by some moda-fxxckers whom our country is far richer than lipsrsealed

On point!
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Skillsnigeria: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Solatium:

G boy's showing up at last grin

Check my profile, am not a G boy. Am a respected I.T consultant.

1 Like

Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Elonmuzk(m): 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
Flier:
Its really sad Nigerians are only loved on Youtube
Reading about Nigeria on youtube will give you a goosebump but apart from that,its a very terrible country
Though i prefer to be born a Nigeria if i should come back to the world another time
The YouTube thing is just to attract traffic from Nigerians. They don't really give a fucck.
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Blue001(m): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
Litmus:

So all those Nigerian nurses and doctors finding work abroad, including in Dubai , are not Nigerians ?

Why are there so many Nigerians from Nigeria in IT in the UK here?

Instead of blaming others for your problems, have you considered that perhaps your own personal flaws may be responsible for your ongoing unemployment difficulties?

Hi *Litmus*,
I never condemned Nigeria as a country, personally I tried helping another Nigerian to secure a job in Dubai ... I posted the vacancy on Nairaland here.
But he has been denied Visa too.
We never created yahoo-boys nor created cultism in Dubai.....the unfortunate part of this is that the other candidate just lost his dad.

Also, This is the third Job being a Nigerian has cost me, I really can’t explain because I seek no sympathy. But please if you have a job opportunity let me know, I will gladly take it.

Thank you sir
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by Litmus: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2021
tillaman:
did skip the part where I said a Sudanese woman intervened, because she knew what was going on and didn’t I say kalu is associated with the word black, it was just my own experience Being a black man
You can do better bruh

Grocery Stores abroad keep close monitor on black people because of the racist notions abroad that black people thief stuff from aisle or loot and run off. Nigerians are into higher level crimes and are known for high level crimes such as in business, finance, contracts, internet scams, cyber security etc not petty crimes such as stealing beans and bread from Grocery Stores (white people) or Trainers and clothes from retailers (black Americans and Caribbeans) . Nigerians are victims of suspicion in grocery stores due to general perception that blacks rob grocery stores . You're lying if you say or imply Nigerians are being singled out for suspicion in grocery stores abroad.
Re: How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job by kokoboy4life(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
tyup:
If only Buhari and the fellow 36 governors of the federation could hear Nigerians cry and enact a law stating any Yahoo boy caught should be shot dead on spot or some of em summarily conscripted into the Army and sent to the war front, maybe things can start changing for the better amongst our Youth.

Oh I so miss Gen Sani Abacha, Allah rest his soul.

Buhari and fellow 36 governors should rather enact a law that finds any public office holder person culpable of embezzling public funds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment at Federal University, Kashere Gombe State, May 2015 / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman / Note To Those Working In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.