Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Should I Do About This Oil Warning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Should I Do About This Oil Warning (1569 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja / Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2021
I have a problem with my car and I need the help of experts in the room but I'm going to start by explaining how it all started.
Last week, my car oil life reached 5% as indicated on my info screen and I decided to service it before it reaches 0.
I decided to take the car to a mechanic that I know is very good cuz I also wanted to fix an overheating issue I had. I haven't used him before but I've heard so much about him.
I called Gazzuzz to supply the oil as usual but he told me the price has changed. The oil is now 30k plus 4k transportation fee.
I decided to check the mobil at my location and they also told me the price is 30k. I thought to myself, since the price is the same, why not just buy it here and save yourself the stress of Lagos drivers and the 4k transport fare.
I bought the Mobil 1 oil,
Long story short, after my mechanic serviced my car, he told me the oil did not gauge. It was then I check the keg and noticed that they sold 4 litre to me for 30k instead of the 5litres I usually buy from Gazzuzz.
I wanted to go back there and rake for them but of what use. They are just going to say that that's their price. So I let it go and told my mechanic to wait and let me find out if I can get 1 litre of the oil and send it over to him.
I called Gazzuzz again and he said he doesn't have the 1 litre and he doesn't know if there is 1 litre of premium mobil 1 oil.
I said okay, I guess I'll just buy another 5 litres, he told me he's at Benin and can deliver it on his way back the next morning but I have to wake up early to cross him at Ore.
I decided to do that, but I woke up late that morning, infact his call woke me up. He told me he was on his way and I knew immediately that I won't meet up.
So I called my mechanic who is also at Ore, told him to help me send one of his boys to receive the oil from Gazzuzz but I received the shocker of my life.
HE SAID I SHOULD NOT WORRY, THAT THEY HAVE SEEN THE 1 LITRE AND THEY BOUGHT IT AND TOPPED THE OIL, IT'S OKAY NOW.
I was like, are you sure it's the same full synthetic mobil 1 oil. He said it's the same.
Okay oo, that means my problem is solved.
But when I got there and started my car, immediately I got the error: CHECK OIL LEVEL on my car screen. I told the mechanic and he said maybe I should clear it. I cleared the error and it stopped.
But as I was driving back, any time I speed above 100km, the error pops up and starts flashing.
Till now, no solution. I check the oil level and it gauged but I'm beginning to suspect that they didn't use the same FULL SYNTHETIC OIL I bought to top it.

I'm even scared to use the car now cuz the engine is 800k and I can't risk losing my engine because of small error.
Please gurus, what should I do now. Should I drain the oil and reservice the car or what.
Im even confused cus all my search online said my oil pressure sensor is bad but from the story above, I don't think that's the case.
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by dru23(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I have a problem with my car and I need the help of experts in the room but I'm going to start by explaining how it all started.
Last week, my car oil life reached 5% as indicated on my info screen and I decided to service it before it reaches 0.
I decided to take the car to a mechanic that I know is very good cuz I also wanted to fix an overheating issue I had. I haven't used him before but I've heard so much about him.
I called Gazzuzz to supply the oil as usual but he told me the price has changed. The oil is now 30k plus 4k transportation fee.
I decided to check the mobil at my location and they also told me the price is 30k. I thought to myself, since the price is the same, why not just buy it here and save yourself the stress of Lagos drivers and the 4k transport fare.
Long story short, after my mechanic serviced my car, he told me the oil did not gauge. It was then I check the keg and noticed that they sold 4 litre to me for 30k instead of the 5litres I usually buy from Gazzuzz.
I wanted to go back there and rake for them but of what use. They are just going to say that that's their price. So I let it go and told my mechanic to wait and let me find out if I can get 1 litre of the oil and send it over to him.
I called Gazzuzz again and he said he doesn't have the 1 litre and he doesn't know if there is 1 litre of premium mobil 1 oil.
I said okay, I guess I'll just buy another 5 litres, he told me he's at Benin and can deliver it on his way back the next morning but I have to wake up early to cross him at Ore.
I decided to do that, but I woke up late that morning, infact his call woke me up. He told me he was on his way and I knew immediately that I won't meet up.
So I called my mechanic who is also at Ore, told him to help me send one of his boys to receive the oil from Gazzuzz but I received the shocker of my life.
HE SAID I SHOULD NOT WORRY, THAT THEY HAVE SEEN THE 1 LITRE AND THEY BOUGHT IT AND TOPPED THE OIL, IT'S OKAY NOW.
I was like, are you sure it's the same full synthetic mobil 1 oil. He said it's the same.
But when I got there and started my car, immediately I got the error: CHECK OIL LEVEL on my car screen. I told the mechanic and he said maybe I should clear it. I cleared the error and it stopped.
But as I was driving back, any time I speed above 100km, the error pops up and starts flashing.
Till now, no solution. I check the oil level and it gauged but I'm beginning to suspect that they didn't use the same FULL SYNTHETIC OIL I bought to top it.

I'm even scared to use the car now cuz the engine is 800k and I can't risk losing my engine because of small error.
Please gurus, what should I do now. Should I drain the oil and reservice the car or what.
Im even confused cus all my search online said my oil pressure sensor is bad but from the story above, I don't think that's the case.

My goal is to help mine customers save money . We like to recommend Super Tech Advance 20k miles oil change for 22500k .

With the 4k naira transport cost to Benin. You would have save 7500k. Naira ... Kindly give a try on your next oil change. Plus it is 5quarts and u will have enough for top off......

That been said, since you check and your oil is gauge . it might be a sensor issue that might need replacement. If you don't feel comfortable don't drive till u have someone take a look at it . personally I will not worry about it since the oil is gauge ....also always be present when mechanics are doing oil change.

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Rayd502(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2021
Were you shown the empty can of 1 liter mobil oil your mechanic emptied into the car?

Or you were just told and you took their word for it with out doing due diligence?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Rayd502(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2021
I bought Mobil 1 synthetic(5 liters) a month ago for 24k,I am shocked to learn it is 30k plus now.Were are we going in this country?

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by omophunky(m): 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Rayd502:
Were are we going in this country?
Anywhere they drop you...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Dozieson(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Rayd502:
I bought Mobil 1 synthetic(5 liters) a month ago for 24k,I am shocked to learn it is 30k plus now.Were are we going in this country?

The matter tire me o
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Dozieson(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Did you check the oil guage?
The they show you the 1 liter oil used?

Is is the oil pressure warning light you are getting?
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

I'm in my village most weekends.

Message me again I'll take a look at the car in ORE.
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by ogawisdom(m): 6:54am On Oct 22, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Exactly the problem I solved on my Corolla

Ur engine is dirty with alot of particles that has blocked the oil pump n filter.

Get a mechanic to wash ur bottem plate, oil pump and change oil filter. Drain the oil and filter it using a sieve n put back or buy another if u are bouyant. Ur problem will be solved.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Alright sir.
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Alright sir.

I have entered the village.

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

When should I meet you at Ore?
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

When should I meet you at Ore?

Back and forth cannot be done on nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by chukel(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

building things. Congrats boss. May God give you what it takes to finish up.
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Conner44: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2021
chukel:

how sure are you? what if its side chick things cheesy

nothing wey kanyamata no fit accomplish in this day and age, all it involves is just one confirmed knack wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by thebigkendo(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
chukel:

Which building? Somebody that is looking for chieftaincy title.
Why do you think he bought the old benz?
Why does he alway go to the village with the old benz?
Which car do most village chiefs dey use?

Think about it grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by Kingdemu: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
thebigkendo:

Think about it grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by homeboy205: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
thebigkendo:

Think about it grin grin

#WISDOM
Re: What Should I Do About This Oil Warning by vivalavida(m): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Benin people and benz.
Noticed that two weeks ago on my way back from owerri with my brother. We used his benz and his car started jerking before picking up around by-pass. We managed to get into benin. When we saw the number of benz on the way, we knew we were safe. Locating a benz mechanic was easy and man bought and changed the fuel pump and we continued our trip to lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Find Out Cost Of Engine, Transmission Or Gearbox At Ladipo Market. / How To Take A Fall Like A Boss On A Bike / Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.