Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (40801 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2011
(laughing at some of the UHMMM replies)
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by gisselle09(f): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2011
if u want to marry her then marry her. cos ur d one who's goin to spent d rest of ur life with her and nt ur friends. gudluck
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Theblessed(f): 3:37am On Jun 05, 2011
[b][size=16pt]To start with, mere coming to seek our opinions here suggests you have doubts and if you have doubts when you’re up to do something, don’t do it! 

Personally, I suggest you pray hard or even fast over this issue - asking that God's will be done in this important matter that has taken your heart.

You see, you sounded like someone from a good home. Imagine you first and foremost, considered the peace you have in your family right now, and the distrust, disappointment, resentment and chaos that might cause to the unity of your quiet and peaceful family.

That's commendable, considering that men are generally, very selfish being until they're given a bloody nose, that's when they remember family.

It's good thing you thought about your family peace and unity along your infatuation for this woman.

To answer your question, first remember and before any of my critics begins to shower me with their abuses as well as alleging how jealous I have been of your catch, listen - I am not going about looking for husbands or wanting babies, ok! Being there, done that and there's a medallion to show for it!

Serious now! There's nothing wrong in marrying an older lady - nothing wrong!
The issue is, there’s an age gap we mustn't ignore but, what is she doing all these time, until now the biological clock has started ticking - waiting for you?

Its true she is kind and loving to you but remember, she has a target and this is her chance - she wouldn’t want to loose it. Would you?  At 34+ with no obvious serious boyfriend until you came along, abi? 

You see, when a woman targets a man, he is game- President Clinton would vouch for this, honest. lol!! We, have our trick that would mesmerize you and, you give us your heart on a platter.lol!

Yes, she looks averagely young now, give her another 10yrs after a couple of babies, when grey hair starts appearing with great alacrity, and for some women, hot flushes begins and there's the 'fat' thing she's unable to shift for some time now - would you still continue to fancy her? That's the question!

You see, the sex is hot now, as she is almost at the peak of it for women - keep your eye on that number 10, you will notice the rate of depreciation!lol!! Remember, I did not say she would not function rather, at a slower rate when you will be racing like a steam engine  - can you handle it?

Reason, am saying this is, you're younger (26yrs) and full of energy/confidence climbing up the hill whilst she's almost at the apex (35yrs) and about to descend the hill.

She might not be able to keep up with you in 10yr time, when your ‘roving eyes’ begins as you start checking every skirt to see if they fit and wondering what happened to the woman you married?

?Trouble and family katakata! Definitely, that’s when you need your back bone - your family/friends some on here say, you can do without.  And, to all those here urging you to disrespect your family, I say, shame!

You see, you’re not the first to go for an older woman - remember, Madona and Guy R. did it too and it hadn’t been long they untie the knot? You saw how it ended in tears after the 10yr itch and Guy is now, going out with a younger woman! I suggest you write to him, asking for his thought on this important matter maybe, he has an advise or two for you. lol!!

Certainly, people on here will agree with me that if it was the other way round, it might have worked and there won’t be much problem as that’s the natural course of action  - check the Bible, all men there married younger women than themselves, na lie?

Marrying older women is mainly a rebellious idea from the West, this modern time obviously, their forefathers married younger women and now they are changing - as you can see, in Hollywood most of the Actors are now in their 2nd marriages with younger women e.g Micheal. Douglas, Tom Cruz, Brad Pitt etc You don’t want a 2nd marriage do you? You can try that out too!

Get me right, I did not say it won’t work and there are instances where this kind of relationship is still working probably, very rare but it’s good you start your life on a safer ground with someone nearer your age - with whom you can grow old together. 

Please check carefully, and don’t let infatuation cloud your judgement!
Good luck with your plans!
[/size][/b]
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by tpia5: 3:40am On Jun 05, 2011
8 year age difference.

dont know if a nigerian can work with that.

but never say never i guess.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2011
Women hv domineering tendencies. Even the younger ones we marry how much more 8 yrs difference. It is better to yield to the response of the majority.
My advice is think outside d box. Date a few more younger girls to Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ if she's the woman for u.how does it fill or feel when u go to the manhole? That u will know if she's still younger than her age or her age or even older. Tell ur pastor!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Dblank(f): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
Personally!If it was the other way round,it wouldnt have been a problem but hmmmmmmm
You need to ask yr self alot of questions like
1:If u guys have any disagreement,hope she wont tell u after all i am lot older that u so u need to respect me
2:Hope she wont disrespect me in presence of her colleagues,friends,family etc
And lots and lots of questions need to be asked,but if u feel comfortable with all this quest,then u can go ahead and do whatever u want to do.
And secondly u said something about enjoying her company and all that,u enjoyed her company because she has more experience that u[in a lot of things] Goddluck wink
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by namski(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nothing is wrong with marrying an older lady afterall you have been dating her and you have the courage to say all the wonderful things about her. You are the one that will live with her and not your parents abi mentors or whoever. Genuine love matters and anybody that says otherwise is not being truthfull.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by MrsChima1(f): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2011
Really, who cares people?
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by ds700(m): 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
I posted a thread here about me going out with my age mate,(am 29 n she is 29) because some of my friends are frowning @ my it, And here u are on d issue of 8years difference, well i don't know wot to but i wish u d best in wot ever decision u are embarking on.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 06, 2011
A young guy like you (i am even older than you - i should be knocking your head self).
You should be marrying a mamacita (young sexy chic) and not a fully-grown woman whose engine oil don nearly finish (like mrs chima).

Are you blind or estupido o idiota? or you want to turn to those men that will start facking their daughters when their wife engine oil don finish?

I cannot even marry a chic of the same age not to talk of older than me, for where? buuuut there is something you guys are not addressing

One modafocker has to marry the lady woman, but it is not going to be me sha. . . .
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by osasp(m): 3:04am On Jun 06, 2011
the question is, as someone said before. . .can you handle it when certain factors in relation to start to affect the marriage?
like sex drive (as someone mentioned earlier, it will diminish further down the line even when your still in your prime)
      her looks (wrinkles, grey hair, etc)
      insecurity (im sure a point will come where she'll be worried you will look elsewhere).

. . .i cant think of anymore at the moment, but you need to give those a serious thought.
as for the family, they wil just have to deal with it. you said it yourself, you are not a baby and are well aware of what you are about to go into.

-my input-
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by JesusDWay(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Poster. I think Blessed has given you a sound advice. Im not sure you will be able to surmount the pressure you will face from family and society.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by 190: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2011
^Jesus the way forward

I love Jesus christ cool cool
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by upendo98(f): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
May the grace of our lord jesus christ and the love of God and the , be with us now and forver more Amen. Everybody has a point.Now that dude must be very confused. weigh the pros and cons and follow your heart. Its your burden anyway not weight.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
KAII, Old and thick. un nourished pu+++Y??

I will rather wait for a younger one!!!!

@UPENDO 98, Wat do u think
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by MrCork17: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
well i prefar older women like Mrs Chima. wink
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
mr cork, old wine?
i get,,,, na im dey shack pass abi,
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by upendo98(f): 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
well well Doc,

You want my answer?
OLD IS GOLD. lol
An old widow made headlines by marrying a young man of 22 years!in my country of course.
Guess what, the whole nation laughed and mocked the whole thing for months and all negatives that could be said was said.
As I post this they just celebrated their 9th wedding anniversary.
They are soo happy ,fulfilled and in love .(dont stone, dont stone, pliz I love NL)
She just needed company not kids as such.
The family embraced the young husband
Now in btwn thre has been a million and one 'proper marriages' most ending in murder,divorce,separation, etc
That made me think 'Age aint nothing but a number.
If you love smbody and you are compatible so what?? its your life anyway enjoy it the best way you can.No qualms for me.

Gone to hide now from mob justice. grin

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2011
UPENDO98, There is a big difference between Journalism and reality!!!

Dont judge or generalise with JUST A FEW SINGLE Exception.

Dont tell me you are old o!!! cos u go teey o!!!!!

lol, no worry sha, i go help u get sombory cos i am already in love with BABE!!!

LMAO, Na joke o! i don hammer already o!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Syenite(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2011
Hmmm, by the time you are 42 yrs old she'ld be 50! and reached menopause while you'll be at your prime of sexual craze. Man think am well o .And can u stand people asking u if she's ur aunty? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by upendo98(f): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
grin grin grin grin
@ Da Doc lol

Now what is the problem with an old mama. We all know tht men are looking for gals to play mama anyway so why not cut the story short and grab yourself a hot mama grin grin
Seriously if I was a dude and I found a nice loving caring gentle woman that I can share my life with I wouldnt turn her down.Now who even lied to you that a hot young chick cant cheat on you with somebody as old as your father?It hapens all the time so if you dont satisfy her well? another 'macho' dude will show up and prove u useless grin grin
So sad but the truth.
Now Da Doc get me young dude. Am past post menopause so I dont evn know wht u would call that stage.I just need comfort and love sad sad sad
Good luck to yo all lol
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Nayah(f): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2011
nothing if you love her
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2011
Nayah!!![/b]once agin, this is naija, WELL TO DO GUYS DONT DEAL 'OLD MAMA YOUNGIES'. The cells in there arent working any longer.

[b]Upendo98
, Meno watttt!!!!!! I sure know u are lieing you cant be up to 30, and i can bet that, your words are enegetic, You are young,

ADVISE TO THE YOUNG LADYS-----Pls dont be too choosy now, as long as you love the guy, take a bold step, 'Ana eji ehihe acho ewu di ojii' got dat?

ADVISE TO THE OLDIES---------Turn to God, your mistakes and previous'NO,HE IS NOT MY KIND OF HUBBY' would be 4given, HE WOULD DO A NEW THING, But please dont hook younger guys down with the influence of your money, search for love, it is still there, though limited due to your status/age, If you go contrary, the young guy would have a gal for you and have 3 boys out there for youngie.

lollll
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by 2010Idowu(f): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2011
As an American "older" woman, who has come into contact with Nigerians as of late, and now see them on the Internet, with their forever sandals, hideous weaves, big belles, fake swag, and whatnot, let me tell you poster, you should take what you can get!!

Be it a 34 year old woman or a 45 year old woman!! Nigerian men are some of the ugliest ppl on this earth!! And this whole site is a big joke. I see you all on here condeming this or that in the name of being a Nigerian, and it just cracks me the f*&k up! grin Personally, it would suit me fine if all of yous would keep your tribal
behinds over in Africa, and have boo coos of babies that desperate Americans will have to adopt and care for because the mums as you call them will be so fat, sick, and lazy and the fathers will get wrapped and tied up in that big ass dress he wears and choke to death, that the many poor dusty children will be orphans.

Stop, and I mean, PLEASE STOP! idolizing yourselves as you do! It's nonsense! You come to America with your orange feet and smelly food and turn into drunks and wannabes. You can't wait to get to America so you can live the "good life" and be pimped out by your parents who you have to send money and cars and phones and medicines back to until you're well into your freakin' fifties! Who wants to be bothered with that shyt??

With that being said, no woman of any age would want to be bothered with you, let alone marry your wierd looking azz. angry I can just see you all sitting in your huts with your lenolium floors and couches and chairs pushed together as a makeshift sectional, and your tiny bathrooms, and refurbished laptops that you've begged some American for, making accusations, pretending to be enlightened, and judging people left and right. You are only fooling yourselves! Believe me you. wink

As I said, I come here to this sight to freakin laugh! Your words are hilarious! Your false sense of self-esteem and culture is downright funny. Men are 25 years old and still in school. Men have to ask their mummies and pappys if they can get married, and to whom? WTF? Men are finding issues with women who wear weaves in their heads when just a few weeks ago, you didn't even have clean water to drink. No one on this site is thankful, but all you can hear is God this, and God that!!

To the poster, if you want to marry a woman 8 years older than you, do yourself a favor, and do it. I've seen your women, and the fat is just waiting to pile on. A woman at 34 looks now how she will look at 44, 54, and possibly 64; as long as she takes care of herself, and your country ass don't stress her out with your Nigerian nonsense and ridiculous family matters. angry Nine times out of ten, she will outlive you. Especially with all those crazy foods you all eat! Learn to evolve and move into the 21st Century. Stop acting like cave men and women! Grow the f&*k up! Stop all your damn whining!! Men who still wear dresses and lace in this day and time should not be judging anybody!!! angry Get a backbone, or shut the hell up! All this polygamy and other dirt you all do, don't let marriage to an older woman hinder you. Why?? angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by creamymoi(f): 12:55am On Jun 27, 2011
i strongly do not see anything wrong with it,if you love her then follow your heart,age is just a number.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Wislet(f): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2011
2010Idowu:

As an American "older" woman, who has come into contact with Nigerians as of late, and now see them on the Internet, with their forever sandals, hideous weaves, big belles, fake swag, and whatnot, let me tell you poster, you should take what you can get!!

Be it a 34 year old woman or a 45 year old woman!! Nigerian men are some of the ugliest ppl on this earth!! And this whole site is a big joke. I see you all on here condeming this or that in the name of being a Nigerian, and it just cracks me the f*&k up! grin Personally, it would suit me fine if all of yous would keep your tribal
behinds over in Africa, and have boo coos of babies that desperate Americans will have to adopt and care for because the mums as you call them will be so fat, sick, and lazy and the fathers will get wrapped and tied up in that big Bottom dress he wears and choke to death, that the many poor dusty children will be orphans.

Stop, and I mean, PLEASE STOP! idolizing yourselves as you do! It's nonsense! You come to America with your orange feet and smelly food and turn into drunks and wannabes. You can't wait to get to America so you can live the "good life" and be pimped out by your parents who you have to send money and cars and phones and medicines back to until you're well into your freakin' fifties! Who wants to be bothered with that shyt??

With that being said, no woman of any age would want to be bothered with you, let alone marry your wierd looking azz. angry I can just see you all sitting in your huts with your lenolium floors and couches and chairs pushed together as a makeshift sectional, and your tiny bathrooms, and refurbished laptops that you've begged some American for, making accusations, pretending to be enlightened, and judging people left and right. You are only fooling yourselves! Believe me you. wink

As I said, I come here to this sight to freakin laugh! Your words are hilarious! Your false sense of self-esteem and culture is downright funny. Men are 25 years old and still in school. Men have to ask their mummies and pappys if they can get married, and to whom? WTF? Men are finding issues with women who wear weaves in their heads when just a few weeks ago, you didn't even have clean water to drink. No one on this site is thankful, but all you can hear is God this, and God that!!

To the poster, if you want to marry a woman 8 years older than you, do yourself a favor, and do it. I've seen your women, and the fat is just waiting to pile on. A woman at 34 looks now how she will look at 44, 54, and possibly 64; as long as she takes care of herself, and your country Bottom don't stress her out with your Nigerian nonsense and ridiculous family matters. angry Nine times out of ten, she will outlive you. Especially with all those crazy foods you all eat! Learn to evolve and move into the 21st Century. Stop acting like cave men and women! Grow the f&*k up! Stop all your damn whining!! Men who still wear dresses and lace in this day and time should not be judging anybody!!! angry Get a backbone, or shut the hell up! All this polygamy and other dirt you all do, don't let marriage to an older woman hinder you. Why?? angry[color=#990000][/color]
Diary of a mad white woman. Lol. . ,, @OP, I no know wetin to tel you. Weigh de advan ages and disadvantages. But remember, only you wil get to live wit her and take whatever comes if u marry her. So think well before making any decisions.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by 2010Idowu(f): 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
Diary of a mad white woman. Lol. . ,, @OP, I no know wetin to tel you. Weigh de advan ages and disadvantages. But remember, only you wil get to live wit her and take whatever comes if u marry her. So think well before making any decisions.

Don't u EVA! insult me like that.  I am AA!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by ShyOne(f): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2011
2010Idowu:

behinds over in Africa, and have boo coos of babies that desperate Americans will have to adopt and care for because the mums as you call them will be so fat, sick, and lazy and the fathers will get wrapped and tied up in that big Bottom dress he wears and choke to death, that the many poor dusty children will be orphans.

To the poster, if you want to marry a woman 8 years older than you, do yourself a favor, and do it. I've seen your women, and the fat is just waiting to pile on. A woman at 34 looks now how she will look at 44, 54, and possibly 64; as long as she takes care of herself, and your country Bottom don't stress her out with your Nigerian nonsense and ridiculous family matters. angry Nine times out of ten, she will outlive you. Especially with all those crazy foods you all eat! Learn to evolve and move into the 21st Century. Stop acting like cave men and women! Grow the f&*k up! Stop all your damn whining!! Men who still wear dresses and lace in this day and time should not be judging anybody!!! angry Get a backbone, or shut the hell up! All this polygamy and other dirt you all do, don't let marriage to an older woman hinder you. Why?? angry[color=#990000][/color]

2010Idowu:

Don't u EVA! insult me like that.  I am AA!

I am AA too and trust me - YOU HAVE HUMILIATED THE ENTIRE AA race with that write up.  You have shown your ignorance, lack of education, stupidity to ALL COUNTRIES who have readers on NL.

Don't you EVER tell anyone THAT YOU ARE AA.   WE DISCLAIM AND DISOWN your azz.

I knew we had some complete idiots in our ranks.  YOU LEAD THE PACK.  Your writing style has blown your cover,  You aren't who you say you are - you have more than one identity and you sound like one of those regular writers in the tribal section.  A male, not a female at all.  Your voice sounds very familiar.

Stop embarrassing us you DAMN FOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by dohyn(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2011
@idowu,diary of a mad african american woman then, go find somewhere else to spew ur vemon, @op,I don't think gettin married to someone 8yrs older dan u is a gud idea, 2-4 yrs yes,but 8yrs!!!think am well o

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by 2010Idowu(f): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2011
@dohyn, don't start labeling me unless you can take the labels you will receive. And thank you very much but I will talk shyt right here where I am! angry

@ poster, There is nothing wrong with marrying an older woman. Some of the men I see on a daily basis could pass for an old man if they didn't produce ID saying different. If she is indeed interested in YOU, then you're on to something.

@dohyn, tiny balls! grin
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by 195(f): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2011
2010Idowu:

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by dohyn(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
@idowu,u don't want to be labelled as mad,yet u r quick to label nigerians, u meet a few nigerians nd u generalize based on d few dat u met??d few AA's I knw r in prison(guys) nd crazy(girls).do I then say dat all AA's r criminals nd mad?? Think b4 u speak alryt?I won't deign to reply u on d balls issue, u knw d saying;never fight wit a fool cos she drag u down to her level nd beat u wit xperience.hv a gr8 day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Surprises Wife With Timi Dakolo House Appearance On Their Wedding Day / Guys: How To Protect Yourself From False Rape Accusations. / 10 Reasons Women Like Bad Guys..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.