Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. (25946 Views)

MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by adubam(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
I just want to share this painful and bitter scenario to job seekers out there.

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

Salary is about 150k for a start.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

My boss concluded that she was an untidy and scatty fellow.

And that was all.

Please take note of this and try not to make this mistake.

God grant you your desired jobs.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
ok sir...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Gudbadguy: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
The company is not serious they would have given her more than one paper! Being the best out of 400 pipul is not an easy feat

479 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by BlackXabbath(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
Your boss made all her efforts go down the drain just because she was managing what she had at that time?

308 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Exodora: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
That is not an excuse, back in school days one of my lecturer will prefer that you make mistakes than giving her everything straight as if you copied it some where .
As long as the cancellation is neatly done else I don't see why that should be a problem.

303 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Karleb(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
You just lost a good candidate over a non issue.

That's bullshit!

456 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2021
Gudbadguy:
The company is not serious they would have given her more than one paper! Being the best out of 400 pipul is not an easy feat

She might have been an asset to the company and that you wouldn't know anymore. Sometimes you guys should stop looking at it from the angle that you are doing job seekers a favour. She might be the missing piece to target the said company to the next level.

Job seekers know your worth, don't let employers push you around.

292 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Churchill6767: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Bogus story.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by dragnet001: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2021
Frivolity over competency.

173 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Karleb(m): 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
BiggyB242:

She might have been an asset to the company, that you wouldn't know. Sometimes you guys should stop looking at it from the angle that you are doing job seeker a favour. She might be the missing piece to target the company to the level level.

Job seekers know your worth don't let employers push you around.

Don't mind those big heads.

I wonder why these people see themselves as demigods because they have a job to offer.

In this case, the lady should be very happy she dodged a missile.

Nonsense! angry

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Truvelisback(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2021
For ur mind now, u have gotten the job or u got the job because of what u wrote. Bro, it's not always like that. From what u said: She is very brillant. If they had noticed her brillancy, they might have accepted her. It could be that she was just unlucky or her village people came with her.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Charmingrascal(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
adubam:

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

And that was all.

CC:
Seun
davide470
uboma
mukina2
lalatisclacla

Your boss is an inconsiderate human being.
She probably felt she would be scolded if she had requested for another sheet.
She probably thought she should manage what was available since she wasn't given an extra sheet.
If your boss was to be fair enough s/he would have given her an extra sheet of paper and told her to use one to draft the letter before writing the final copy if need be.
She passed oral and written interview, she probably dressed smartly and your boss refused to employ her because she managed what was available for her at that time.
Your boss is inconsiderate, s/he wasted her effort.
Infact your boss is not a good HR Manager, s/he should hire one and allow him/her to handle staff hiring.

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by OldGods: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

CC:
Seun
davide470
uboma
mukina2
lalatisclacla
is that so

She cancelled in the same paper, because she still believes that paper can be useful (Not Waste resources which could be recycled or used if there is room for it). Imagine in real life scenario, your company gives her 500k to maybe run ads, then there is an issue, and she know she can fix it, ofcourse you call it job well done but you called it on the paper untidy, then she just disregards the 500k and applies for a new 500k to start afresh, so it can be tidy. I hope Ur boss was intelligent enough to look at it from this angle!

I hate people who claim to know but know nothing

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Karleb:

Don't mind those big heads.

I wonder why these people see themselves as demigods because they have a job to offer.

In this case, the lady should be very happy she dodged a missile.

Nonsense! angry

No mind them. You are giving someone a job doesn't mean he/she should lick your feet. He is offering a service, you are both doing each other a favour.
Go to the US, of recent people are quitting their jobs after the covid19 break. I read they pay for you to come do an interview in some companies(Walmart) and in the UK, there have been scarcity of truck drivers.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by femi4: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

CC:
Seun
davide470
uboma
mukina2
lalatisclacla
Nonsense

If she ask for fresh paper, your boss will say she is wasteful. She will be wasting the Company's resources if we employ her...bla bla.
Kuku tell us say you no get job openings or you ve employed your "dem dem".

Naija HRs are overzealous

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Styluss: 5:48am On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

CC:
Seun
davide470
uboma
mukina2
lalatisclacla
op u seff read wet in u write without sentiments and conclude if your boss is right?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss is probably mad, and I'm sure he wouldn't even make the top 100 if he was one of the candidates.

The smart lady dodged a bullet. As long as she's smart like you stated, she'll be getting another offer soon enough without delay.

I've been a recruiter, and wouldn't do what your boss did. Who still write with pen and paper these days when we have computers?

I can't even remember the last time I used a pen except in the banking hall...

I repeat, the lady dodged a bullet.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Gadafii: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2021
op, please can u show your boss this thread and the comments, cos i wan tell that ur boss say he dey craze

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Encoredme(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2021
This doesn't sound right. Your boss needs to re-evaluate the requirements for hiring and maybe reconsider not choosing this candidate. The fact that there were cancellations is actually a good thing. Shows that she's someone who is not perfect and is willing to try again when they make mistakes.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Amspecial: 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Healthybiz: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
smiley
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by ShenTeh(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Their loss.

3 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by imohimoh12: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
its either story is fake or your boss is dumb

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by bigdammyj: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Noted
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by OGraffix(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
for lossing that kind of person your boss shouldn't b called a boss at all...this pure rubbish to me

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by seyz91(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
you dey mind them

dem no get job to give before undecided

naso most naija company be
Gudbadguy:

3 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Abimbola29(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
If you guys needed someone to occupy that space,of what use rejecting someone who has spent money,stress just to get the job and you are giving us this lame excuses just to reject her

8 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Greenishland(f): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by BigDawsNet: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
I really don't know what to say

I used to know a Dr back in school...he taught me programming languages all through my years...

This Dr will give you programming codes written classwork...

You know when you dealing with codes ..error is normal ... sometimes when you review what you have just writing...you go back and cancel some symbols and included the right one...in short if this Dr see any sign of canceling, Painting or deep text in ur paper ..My Man! Na 0% you score be that...

So everyone has a policy!

His company his decision

I'm pretty sure they will consider her elsewhere
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by godisshit(m): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
grin

I smell a rat. There must have been a different kind of "test" which she failed...

if you know, you know..

[img]https://images./7f5CNIA52pmfO8EZxsjJbe.gif[/img]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by house10s: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

ur boss no well

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Fake Job Address In Lagos State / 5 Tips To Make Your CV Standout And Grab Employers Attention In 2020 / Submit Your CV Online For Current Access Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.