Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough (7049 Views)

Help! He Is Not Man Enough. / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tithe(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
I visited a female friend on democracy day who was celebrating her birthday, on getting there they where three girls and being the only man they asked me to kill a life chicken for them.

As a man i tried to summon all the courage i know but i couldn't

1. The chicken was starring at me eyeball to eyeball

2. She was so innocent and beautiful that to kill her will be a murder

So after standing there for sometime i decided to let her go, when they got to know all of them said "am not man enough" that non of them will like
date someone like me that does not have "a liver" imagine.

I promise to get frozen food for them but they all declined , saying that life one is better for stew, imagine, are these people not cannibals and they are all girls.

Please killing a life chicken does it make me a man, i want to know. The news is all over our office that "am not man enough"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by MrCork17: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
tithe.  OK. so u r hear becoz of chiicken??  undecided
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
Ignore them is what I say. That thing isn't fun at all. When my family and I were in the village, they made my siblings and I do that. My brother killed three chickens and then my sisters and I had to put them in hot water before plucking them all. Then, my cousin and I cut them to pieces, removing parts, eggs, and stuff. It was horrible. My sister and mom recorded the whole ordeal. I didn't watch my brother kill it for the same reason you didn't do so. Till this day, I've refused to watch the footage lol, and they call me a chicken in return. I sat with my uncle, my dad's eldest brother, under the mango tree as he said he hates killing chickens or watching them be killed too. The chickens and we, my brother and I, had already formed a relationship, so killing them was like murder, yes. My brother and I were very tempted to release them lol, but our relatives would've peeled us alive that day, so we simply went through with it.

If you can take them teasing you, then go ahead. I, personally, don't think killing a tiny chicken makes anyone more or less of a man. My eight year old cousin in the village kills chicken, cuts wood, does all sorts, but she's not considered a man lol. Na wa. Common chicken. If they are killing chickens to reassure their manhood, then problem dey somewhere.

As for why this is in the romance section is another discussion on its own.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by MMM2(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
op

what makes u a man is using ur follow man 4 ritual or blood money. angry
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Mcleo007(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dude, don't mind them jare. Perhaps u need to hand Dem a groupie to confirm ur man enuf to them.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
Just laugh if off.

I know exactly how you feel. My granda once locked me up in a room with a rat and said I had to kill it before she would open the door. I really did not care for the rat but couldnt gather myself to cause harm to the little thing. I crushed it and nearly chocked. my grandma still pokes fun at me to this day.

If those girls said you should put your hand inside fire to prove your manhood, would you do it?

Being a man is being able to ignore taunts like those . .  wink
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tithe(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
ogugua88:

As for why this is in the romance section is another discussion on its own.

May be career section would have been better or what do u think?
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
The General section probably would've been best lol. Nonetheless, I hope the answers are helping. Kokoye's final line is a good one to keep mentally.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Idowuogbo(f): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2011
omgg , dont go killing chickens dey cute cry cry cry cry cry, i like turkey sha cheesy cheesy
poster gawd ur situation is good o , me na cockroach dem ask me to kill wey i dey behave like say dem send me to kill dinosaur , i was shitting mysef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Excelboi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2011
Cnt stop laughing at kokoye's and op post. Mehn,dat was funny! I fit slaughter chicken even goat sef bt wat kip bafflling me is that i cnt kill a cockroach ,lizard,mice e.t.c all dos small insect and reptiles. well,all the same people differ frm eachoda
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Excelboi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2011
Cnt stop laughing at kokoye's and op post. Mehn,dat was funny! I fit slaughter chicken even goat sef bt wat kip bafflling me is that i cnt kill a cockroach ,lizard,mice e.t.c all dos small insect and reptiles. well,all the same people differ frm eachoda
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
@poster
YOU should know what it takes to be a man, so the fact that you are here asking us is baffling. who gives a damn what THEY think of you? its all about what you think of yourself.
if killing a chicken was what is needed to become a man then many children out there would be men. nonsense!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by freecocoa(f): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
Seconded.nonsence squared.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2011
LOL-- @ pOST!

I've lost count of how many chickens I've killed to chop! lipsrsealed You let the chicken go, asin, it ran away? Why won't they say you're ain't man enough? Do you know how much chickens cost nowadays? Especially if they're the big fat Agric ones again? Chei! So the only thing they did was tell everyone you're not man enough ait? They should have collected the chicken-money from you---

The chicken was looking at you eyeball to eyeball? Pls what style to you normally use to kill chickens? Coz the chicken has no reason to be looking at you , if you're killing it the normal way--

Anyways-- At the "man enough" question-- Killing a chicken, doesn't signify machoness in my book. Some folks are more sensitive to lives than others, so I get it.

But next time sha, don't let the chicken run away. smiley
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by kokoye(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^

the guy na butter now cheesy

but I agree with you sha. How you go let the chicken run??

i hope you chased it . . . now that would be a funny sight!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tpia5: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2011
in the olden days didnt you have to kill a lion to become a man?

if nobody wants to kill the chicken then how will people get to eat chicken or should we all subsist on fruit and water only.

lol

i dont mind being a vegetarian but i have to indulge in chicken suya once in a while.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tpia5: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2011
anyway, frozen one is available, so the girls too shouldnt sweat it.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
kokoye:

^^^

the guy na butter now cheesy

but I agree with you sha. How you go let the chicken run??

i hope you chased it . . . now that would be a funny sight!

^^ Yup! I agree! My guy na correct butter guy-- Wetin consice Pako with eyeball to eyeball-- No be to chop?  grin

If the chicken attempted to run away, and he had to chase it and he caught it----that would have been funny.

But if the chicken Outran him in the process (i.e. he didn't catch it)---then that would have been sad!! Very sad!!   I would have to agree with his friends if that was the case.  
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by kokoye(m): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^

Nah!

the funny thing would be to watch the butta guy chase the scared chicken around endlessly on the dusty streets for all to see grin
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^ lol-- I get what you mean though. Chickens can be very tricky when been chased. They like to play you wayo. grin You know they don't run in straight lines and they are very clumsy (which all their yeye noise and "spreading their wings" move) while running, so those are enough to distract and confuse the chaser.

What I've learned from experience is that, if the chicken manage to escape, to avoid embarassement, the best way to catch is by "Diving in". Just dive as far as possible with all the energy in you and land on the chicken. Kapish!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tpia5: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2011
some chickens can even chase you. Those huge fighting ones that are as aggressive as bulls.

another chicken we killed like that [at christmas or something] jumped up and splattered hot water all over somebody, during the feathering.

na winch chicken.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^ LMAOOOO-- that cracked me up big time!!!!  Similar thing happend to me/us during a random christmass when I was younger.

We already killed the chicken o, asin dead, dead. The thing was already in hot water, the feathers were half-way plucked out. Next thing this Bi[i]tch[/i] -Nigga of a chicken started making weird noises!!! All of us took to our heels, including Popsy.--lol-- No be small tin. This one wasn't a matter of "being a man", rather a matter of "run for your life".

Some of them chickens get mind sha. They no won die.  sad
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tpia5: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^that chicken na wa.

the fighting ones as well- those things are as aggressive as dogs.

they can make someone jump a fence sef, while running from them. lol.

pretty huge too- the biggest i've ever seen. Almost as big as a small goat i think.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^ That one na 'ostritch with short neck' kind of chicken-- Funny stuffs.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tpia5: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
lol.

na turkey chicken.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by armyofone(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
true especially the ones with their head cut off.

tpia@:

some chickens can even chase you. Those huge fighting ones that are as aggressive as bulls.

another chicken we killed like that [at christmas or something] jumped up and splattered hot water all over somebody, during the feathering.

na winch chicken.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by chiteny(m): 1:09am On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster: U r not a man! Kai. Common Chicken u can't kill. angry
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by toyemz(f): 1:27am On Jun 03, 2011
@poster
na wa oh
what's the big deal about killing a chicken
sotay you begin look the chicken in the eye to see its beautiful eyes?
only you would describe a chicken's eyes as beautiful!

The most painful part is that you let it run away
that's hard
anyway i think that the only reason you were called 'not man enough is because if you couldn't bear killing a chicken
what if a snake came into the house, you would take off right?
and what if its a situation in which you had to defend the house or your sisters?
cant even bear to imagine what would happen oh
(na ya type dey wee for pants)
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by naijaking1: 3:50am On Jun 03, 2011
tpia@:

in the olden days didnt you have to kill a lion to become a man?

if nobody wants to kill the chicken then how will people get to eat chicken or should we all subsist on fruit and water only.

lol
i dont mind being a vegetarian but i have to indulge in chicken suya once in a while.

Olden days? I'm talking about some places today, where if you don't kill chicken on your wedding night then your wife would have a right to look for a stronger man grin
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by obailala(m): 3:57am On Jun 03, 2011
@poster
Even though i can kill anything (except a human), I wouldn't have killed the poor chicken if i were in your position because . . .

kokoye:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  
Being a man is being able to ignore taunts like those . .  wink
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 03, 2011
No attempt to kill a chicken has ever attracted such humor like this. You are still a man o,even if spiders get you scared.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by camaldina(m): 4:47am On Jun 03, 2011
I have been laughing alone uncontrollably reading this,
But really, the guy NA REAL BUTTER. I wonder what you will do if a wild fox walks into your yard like it happens in some areas here near wild life reserve. You will take to heels outrunning your wife, kids?
Yeye man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Every Guy Need To Know Before Wooing A Girl. / Guys Which Do You Prefer,light Skinned Or A Dark Skinned Girl / Konji!! Bbnaija Star, Venita Akpofure, Flaunts Her Banging Breast & Backside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.