Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set (40376 Views)

Alec Baldwin: Manslaughter Charges DROPPED After Fatal Movie Set Shooting / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin / Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Jumbojax(m): 5:30am On Oct 22, 2021
dingbang:
my own question is, would the company be sued for even carrying a real gun loaded with bullets in a movie
Most stuntmen and women sign wagers on the sets of these movies that if anything should happen you are oyo, but as she no be either, na sure casala for company
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:31am On Oct 22, 2021
kevin1988:
I am a gift card merchant. If you have gift cards to sell, please contact me on whatsapp +8615342335378. Online all day
I hope you don't rip innocent people off? I have Met one or two here that are true rippers and thieves
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by NoFucksToGive: 5:31am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:
This immediately reminded me of what happened to Brandon Lee in 1993. He was acting in a movie called The Crow when he was fatally shot due to an error with a gun that they were using in the movie.

His death was even more painful because CBN News had done a feature on him just a few weeks before the accident (CBN News was shown on Lagos Television in the 1980s and 1990s).

There had been uncountable rumours in Nigeria about the deaths of Bruce Lee and Bob Marley and those rumours resurfaced after Brandon Lee's death.

It's not rumor. Bruce lee was s victim of a generational curse in the Lee family. His father warned him about it ,and his uncle too he tried all the native rituals to cure it but it didn't work. That's why his father sent him to America hoping the distance would make his some escape the curse ... The same curse claimed his father , it claimed Bruce lee too and Bruce Lee's son died at the exact same age as his father .

Go read up on it

3 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by naptu2: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

It's not rumor. Bruce lee was s victim of a generational curse in the Lee family. His father warned him about it ,and his uncle too he tried all the native rituals to cure it but it didn't work. That's why his father sent him to America hoping the distance would make his some escape the curse ... The same curse claimed his father , it claimed Bruce lee too and Bruce Lee's son died at the exact same age as his father .

Go read up on it

Kai! You've already concluded, "It's not rumour", even though I didn't state what the rumour was? Isn't that wonderful? OK then, what was the rumour about Bob Marley? Was it also about generational curse?

WONDERFUL!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by emmy512: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2021
Damn.
Alec can't have peace with himself like this
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by NoFucksToGive: 5:40am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

Kai! You've already concluded, "It's not rumour", even though I didn't state what the rumour was? Isn't that wonderful? OK then, what was the rumour about Bob Marley? Was it also about generational curse?

WONDERFUL!

I don't know about Bob's own but Bruce lee I am 100% sure.

It wasn't a hidden thing ,his uncles talked about it in interviews even.

The Lee family had been struggling with that curse or long . Bruce lee told his wife about it but typical American she laughed it off and didn't believe him
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by naptu2: 5:42am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

I don't know about Bob's own but Bruce lee I am 100% sure.

It wasn't a hidden thing ,his uncles talked about it in interviews even.

The Lee family had been struggling with that curse or long . Bruce lee told his wife about it but typical American she laughed it off and didn't believe him

Kai! You don't even know what I'm talking about and you are in such a hurry to tell your story that you are not even reading and comprehending.

Was Bruce Lee shot dead?

Was Bob Marley shot dead?

Was Bob Marley killed by the CIA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by NoFucksToGive: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

Kai! You don't even know what I'm talking about and you are in such a hurry to tell your story that you are not even reading and comprehending.

Was Bruce Lee shot dead?

Was Bob Marley shot dead?

Was Bob Marley killed by the CIA?

Don't be rude it makes you look stupid . I am expressing myself coherently if you can't understand that's your problem

The Bruce Lee Story wasn’t the first time there were rumours of a curse around the martial arts film star - in fact, the first mention of it extended back to before anyone knew his name.Bruce Lee was born in San Francisco in the Year of the Dragon on the Hour of the Dragon, but his parents always referred to him as “Little Phoenix” at home, a girl’s name in Chinese.Why? Before Lee was born, his parents had lost another son and according to tradition, if you didn’t refer to him by a male name it would confuse the spirits who might steal their souls.

7 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by dfrost: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:
This immediately reminded me of what happened to Brandon Lee in 1993. He was acting in a movie called The Crow when he was fatally shot due to an error with a gun that they were using in the movie.

I was about typing this when I scrolled down and saw this comment.

Brandon Lee was too young and a promising actor to be cut down in his prime cry.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:50am On Oct 22, 2021
Phiniter:
In this day and age where make up and studio effects can take care of gun shot scenes I wonder what a weapon with live ammo was doing on the set.

there's a third side to this story, unfortunately a Life has been lost. Nshi happens

I doubt there was live ammo on set.

Film studios use blanks because they are relatively safe. And also because firing blanks sounds like a real gunshot.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by naptu2: 5:50am On Oct 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

The Bruce Lee Story wasn’t the first time there were rumours of a curse around the martial arts film star - in fact, the first mention of it extended back to before anyone knew his name.Bruce Lee was born in San Francisco in the Year of the Dragon on the Hour of the Dragon, but his parents always referred to him as “Little Phoenix” at home, a girl’s name in Chinese.Why? Before Lee was born, his parents had lost another son and according to tradition, if you didn’t refer to him by a male name it would confuse the spirits who might steal their souls.

You just insulted me (breaking rule 2) and you are telling me about my conduct??

Then rumours I wrote about had absolutely nothing to do with a curse, yet you keep quoting me to tell me that the rumours are true and that they were about a curse! How does that sound to you?? Think about it.

The rumours, which I had heard since the early 1980s, were that Bruce Lee was shot while filming a movie. The rumours were not true! His son was later shot while shooting a movie. That was what I was referring to, so how can you quote me and insist that the rumour was true and that it was about a curse??

There were also similar rumours about Bob Marley, first that he was killed by an assassin and later that the CIA poisoned him with cancer.

Now, go back to my first post, read your responses to my post and think about them.

Meanwhile I'm going to report you for insulting me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2021
Pavore9:
Real bullets?

Certainly not.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by NoFucksToGive: 5:52am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

You just insulted me (breaking rule 2) and you are telling me about my conduct??

Then rumours I wrote about had absolutely nothing to do with a curse, yet you keep quoting me to tell me that the rumours are true and that they were about a curse! How does that sound to you?? Think about it.

The rumours, which I had heard since the early 1980s, were that Bruce Lee was shot while filming a movie. The rumours were not true! His son was later shot while shooting a movie. That was what I was referring to, so how can you quote me and insist that the rumour was true and that it was about a curse??

There were also similar rumours about Bob Marley, first that he was killed by an assassin and later that the CIA poisoned him with cancer.

Now, go back to my first post, read your responses to my post and think about them.

I don't care what you do, fact is you insulted me first by stating I had comprehension issues , if you suffer self esteem issues that isn't my problem.

Fact is Bruce lee family suffered from a curse laid on them in his great grand father's era. His father repeatedly warned him about it .

Curses take hold and whether you pass from a gun shot or the flu is irrespective

The end result is death

4 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by lkillbrokehoes: 5:53am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

His death was even more painful because CBN News had done a feature on him just a few weeks before the accident (CBN News was shown on Lagos Television in the 1980s and 1990s).

There had been uncountable rumours in Nigeria about the deaths of Bruce Lee and Bob Marley and those rumours resurfaced after Brandon Lee's death.
Exactly what I wanted to type, the same prop gun killed Bruce Lee's only son on set back in 1993
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Born2Breed(f): 5:55am On Oct 22, 2021
tollyboy5:

Brandon Lee died few years to when I was born. I've wondered why did Bruce Lee and his son died a young age while acting.
Such a brilliant star ★ dismissed
America should know better, make dem use safer gun or toy gun like us here.

I learnt both (Bruce and Brandon) were murdered according to conspiracy theorists.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by bjtinz: 6:03am On Oct 22, 2021
careytommy37:
[s]This are the people that were always calling Trump unhinged. You can see they have always been projecting.[/s]

They have come cry

@topic, clearly something doesn't add up.

It's people are confusing blanks with rubber bullets. The latter can be lethal, and in fact has been lethal when used, but blanks CANNOT cause injury. So something is wrong here.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by lkillbrokehoes: 6:05am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

You don't engage with delusional people like that, the more you keep engaging with him, the more he keeps dragging you backward with his false stories.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Joyceaile(f): 6:09am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

do u mean DBN ? Also known then as clapper board
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by udomma1005(m): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2021
naptu2:

CBN News=Victor Oladikun grin
You're an old man joorrrrr| grin
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by tarantino1: 6:10am On Oct 22, 2021
gulfer:
Na wa o. To thinks there's accidental murder in the film itself........ While Alec has accidentally shot (murdered/wounded) people on the set. What a coincidence shocked shocked shocked shocked

Won't be the first accidental murder.
There was one in the 80s or so where the rotor blades of an helicopter decapitated three actors on set and two were kids

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Soulsymbol99: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Kai! Dude don enter sanko grin Who wan voice BOSS BABY nw undecided
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by SATANlST: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Dejidigital:
Eeyah too bad

Hello everyone, I'm a CONTENT WRITER plus smart blogger. I will write for you plagiarism-free free, SEO-friendly content that will rank high on Google.
My contact is at my signature.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Crochet: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2021
Accidental discharge
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2021
Justin bieber uncle in-law done kpai person o chai
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by falcon01: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2021
gulfer:
Na wa o. To thinks there's accidental murder in the film itself........ While Alec has accidentally shot (murdered/wounded) people on the set. What a coincidence shocked shocked shocked shocked
The Irony
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:17am On Oct 22, 2021
Bensondrums:
I thought they said props gun are fake and re only designed to look like real gun...pls can someone help my confusion?

Prop guns have levels.

Level 1 Prop Guns don't discharge. Usually used in theatre departments of universities and academies. These are fake guns or replicas of real ones. Sound effects are used to create gunshot sounds.

Level 2 Prop Guns use blank ammunition, and can KILL. They are usually used by full production. The blank ammunition produce convincing gunshot sounds when discharged, and they also replicate every visible characteristics of a real firing gun.

So, prop guns are not always fake. Some are real firearms that have been modified to fire blanks.

7 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by loswhite(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2021
dingbang:
my own question is, would the company be sued for even carrying a real gun loaded with bullets in a movie
Did you even read the article at all? Lazy youth smh
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:20am On Oct 22, 2021
signature2012:
Does it mean he won’t be charge for murder or manslaugter?

It's a prop gun!

It's not supposed to have live ammo. Someone else set it up or is guilty of neglect.

It will be investigated and that someone will be found.

Gun that should contain blanks killing a person and wounding another...... Na waa o....
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by JohnBullMySon: 6:23am On Oct 22, 2021
zuzuonyi:

Yeah, he could just walk if it is established that there's no motive and that it was purely an accident on set. Dude should be able to afford a good lawyer.
It is very difficult to escape manslaughter. Once there's is an error on someone's part or a lack of adherence to rules, manslaughter will definitely be thrown at them.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by JohnBullMySon: 6:25am On Oct 22, 2021
signature2012:
Does it mean he won’t be charge for murder or manslaugter?
He might be charged for manslaughter depending on if evidence is found of an error or mistake on his part.
Re: Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set by naptu2: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2021
udomma1005:

CBN News=Victor Oladikun grin
You're an old man joorrrrr| grin

naptu2:
CBN was the Christian Broadcasting Network, an American television network that was owned by Pat Robertson. There were 3 CBN programmes that were shown on state television stations (LTV, OGTV, etc) in the 1980s and they were CBN News, The 700 Club and Another Life,

The 700 Club was a Christian talk show that was hosted by Pat Robertson, the owner of CBN and Sheila Walsh. They were also sometimes joined by other hosts. The show featured sections about Christian family life, interviews with famous people and pastors and the most consistent feature was the letters section in which people could write into the show to seek for advice on their problems.

Another Life was a Christian soap opera series that was incredibly popular in Nigeria in the 1980s.

However, this post is about CBN News. It was shown every evening on Lagos Television beginning c1983. The first hosts of the show were Kathy Russia and Tunde Osho.

Kathy Russia got married and became Kathy Edwards and Tunde Osho left the show in the late 1980s or early 1990s and he was replaced by Victor Oladokun.

LTV and other state TV stations had stopped airing CBN News by the mid-1990s.

1) Kathy Edwards (nee Russia)

2) Tunde Osho (more than 30 years later)

3) Victor Oladokun

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / 2021 BBNaija Season 6 Shine Ya Eye Vote Results From Week One By Multichoice / Why Do Nigerians Love Efe, BBNaija Housemate, So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.