Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,763 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe (10273 Views)

Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Neymar, Oshoala, Coutinho, Mertens, Etc In All Star Nike Advert. / Leicester City Reacts As Ahmed Musa Breaks Their World Cup Goal Record. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by robosky02(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2021
Osimhen equals Mertens' Napoli record with goal in Legia Warsaw thrashing

The Super Eagles striker came off the bench to make his mark as the hosts grab a comfortable win in Naples

Victor Osimhen has become the second Napoli player to score in three straight games in a European competition in the 21st century after Dries Mertens.

Osimhen scored Napoli's second goal in their 3-0 thrashing of Legia Warsaw in a Uefa Europa League game on Thursday.

The 22-year-old started the encounter on the bench and he was introduced for Hirving Lozano, just before the hour-mark.

Editors' Picks
Inside Mertesacker's Arsenal academy revolution: From matching Chelsea to overseeing transfers
Meet Erik Botheim: Haaland's 'Flow Kingz' sidekick who destroyed Mourinho's Roma
How Brighton owner Bloom helped revive one of Belgium's most illustrious clubs
Champions League 2021-22 Power Rankings: Man Utd, Real Madrid & Ajax among the climbers
The two teams were tied for the majority of the game but Lorenzo Insigne broke the deadlock for Napoli in the 76th minute and his Nigerian teammate doubled the lead four minutes later.

Another substitute Kostas Manolas also registered his name on the scoresheet, five minutes into stoppage time.

Osimhen has now scored four goals in three Europa League matches this campaign and he also has a tally of five goals after seven league appearances for the Serie A leaders.

The former Lille talisman is the second-highest scoring player in the Europa League this season alongside Leicester City’s Patson Daka, who scored four goals in a game, after Cameroon’s Karl Toko Ekambi, who has five goals for Lyon so far.

Senegal defender and captain Kalidou Koulibaly produced a solid defensive performance that helped the Parthenopeans keep a clean sheet and grab their first group win.

The Serie A leaders surged to the summit of Group C with four points after three matches but Legia Warsaw remain unmoved at the top of the table, despite the loss.

At the end of the match, Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti urged his players to maintain the level of performance they showed at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.

Article continues below
"Forward we have talented players and we know that the goal can always come,” Spalletti told the club’s website. “But we must always keep balance during the game so that we can then have the possibility of looking for success until the end.

"The intelligence of my men is fundamental. When a player plays for others, he knows that he himself can benefit. This group had a desire for redemption after last year and is proving its worth.

"We are all playing for the same goal and we want to lead the way in Europe. We need to win the next few races to be able to aim for first place in the group."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/osimhen-equals-mertens-napoli-record-with-goal-in-legia/ylgoaj3rv4jr1n9dxldosd5f4

7 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by mmclatino(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Victor osimhen is a great striker, kudos to him

28 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by ChasinGood(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
shocked
This boy ought to be contending for balon d'or. He's been sensational recently.

8 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by 69Ansour69: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Guy has been at his best, Onuachu too. I hope they're gon' keep up with the dope form

20 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Kudiofficial: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Keep making us proud boy. The sky is your starting point!

At least if you are not chanced to do it at home, do it outside and put Nigerian government in shame!

Think of it, even in the music industry, no one come close to Wizkid, Burna and Davido. A lot of talents in this country. I weep!

19 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
So great for him, wish him all the best of luck
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Good
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by otajipopo: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Good for him.
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by emmydykes(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
More grace to him.

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Sified(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
TBH this guy always gives me joy.... Osimhen been making Nigeria proud in Europe

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by ayoolataiwo(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
Great lad
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by iamauxin(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
Legend
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Savi78(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
My Man
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Mpaxed: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
isioma010:
So great for him
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
Osimhen my nigarrr
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by NoFucksToGive: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
cool cool

Edo rules the world. jealous us , but we dont care

Argue with your brain tumor

All these Southwest haters can enter the Lagoon. Fraud capital of the world = SW Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Newyorkitis(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
I pray he gets a bigger club with his hot form.
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by ainas247: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
wink Naija to the world... I see 2 African, the first Nigerian to win world best

meanwhile...

if you want your business on Google My business and instant verification.
chat me up asap
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
#RESPECT
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Newyorkitis(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
Congratulations Osimhen
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by zombieHUNTER: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
The boy is good

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by LORDKing001: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
ChasinGood:
shocked
Be calming down

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by LORDKing001: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
Newyorkitis:
I pray he gets a bigger club with his hot form.
Is napoli a small club?

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Omicron007: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
[s]
ChasinGood:
shocked
[/s]

Trash.
Go and check past winners of the Balon D'Or. You can not be awarded the Balon D'Or by just scoring in nine or ten games. Lets check his consistency first. The boy is good, no cap. But, he is not Balon D'Or standard yet.
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by ThierryJay: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
If I say Osi, you say Mehn...if I say Osi you say Mehn

Na your time Osibobo

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by viqSmallz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
They dont call him Victor for nothing
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by trevorhorace(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
Osimhen 80m far better than Grealish 100m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Hemanwel(m): 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
Victor Osimhien topics have started hitting Nairaland front page back-to-back on top how many goals? Oya nah! Hope he will not fizzle out mid-way into the season with all of these hypings?

I guess it's too early for this. Let's allow our son to get a strong footing in European football before we hit the streets of Europe with our drums and tambourines singing his praises. The media too should take a chill pill and watch him grow into the beast of a striker he promises to be.

In the end, it's going to be a win win for him, his family, and Nigeria at large.
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Look at what Halaand apprentices did to Mourinho's team last night
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Anaerobi(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2021
Score more goals to keep more unbreakable records.
Re: Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe by Treasure17(m): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
Man doing great for himself.. Osimhen better than Lukaku right now. Will not explain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Jiggaman, Oxygen And Other Ghanians On NL? / FG Lifts Ban On Tennis, Non-Contact Sports / Dolphins FC Vs Kwara United (0 - 0) On 7th March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.