Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes (20687 Views)

#EndSARS: Autopsy Conducted On 99 Bodies, 3 From Lekki Toll Gate – Pathologist / #EndSARS: Bullet Extracted From Head Of Police Victim – Pathologist / Burial Photos Of Precious Owolabi Channels TV Corper Killed During Shiite Protes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Racoon(m): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
The Chief Pathologist of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), John Obafunwa, on Saturday submitted the autopsy documents of 99 deaths resulting from the #EndSARS protests in Lagos to the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry. Mr Obafunwa, a professor of forensic pathology, was told to submit the autopsy reports at the last proceedings on June 6

According to him, the 99 bodies, which include three killed at the Lekki Toll Gate during the shooting on October 20, 2020 by soldiers, were deposited at the morgue between October 19 and October 24, 2020.

While giving evidence at the panel on Saturday, Mr Obafunwa, the head of the department of morbid anatomy at the Lagos State University College of Medicine, said the ethical practice, especially during a ‘mass disaster’ or “a situation where all sorts of speculations arise”, is to do an x-ray “before you put a knife to a body.”

“You need to look for hidden fractures or prosthesis. It will help if such is discovered because it will be circumstantial evidence to make you say that this body belongs to this person.

“We need to avoid sensationalism. If you look at a page in the report I submitted, all I did was to summarise. However, if I do an autopsy and I do not do radiography, you would tear me to pieces if I come to court with such a record. That is why I had to do everything, leaving nothing to chance.”

The chair of the panel, Doris Okuwobi, ruled that the records presented be accepted as evidence and adjourned further hearing till June 26.

Soldiers’ shooting

On October 20 last year, soldiers opened fire at unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate killing yet-to-be-determined number of people. Although the army initially denied its soldiers shot at unarmed protesters, the multitude of evidence presented by witnesses, including videos showed that soldiers shot at protesters.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who initially said no one died from the shooting, later said only two persons died. Several protesters, including those who have appeared before the judicial panel to give evidence that many people were killed at the Lekki tollgate and many injured, have insisted that some of the corpses were taken away by the soldiers.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/468777-endsars-pathologist-tenders-autopsy-reports-of-99-persons-killed-during-protests.html

#Endsars: Army Agrees to using live bullets on protesters, 99 bodies recovered
Autopsy reports of 99 persons reportedly killed in Lagos during last year’s #EndSARS protests were Saturday admitted in evidence by the state’s judicial panel of inquiry.

The panel chaired by Doris Okuwobi also admitted compact discs of all the 99 bodies deposited at the morgues in the state, between October 20 and 27, 2020.

The Chief Pathologist of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), John Obafunwa, who testified before the panel submitted the reports following an order on June 5 for the post mortem results of all the 99 corpses to be made available.

The documents were contained in two bags.

During the cross-examination, Olumide Olumide-Fusika, legal counsel to some of the protesters, noted that Mr Obafunwa disclosed that the bodies were recovered from different parts of Lagos at the time.

“I want to prove to this panel that the claim that only three dead bodies were brought in from Lekki is not true,” Mr Olumide-Fusika said.

Autopsy reports

During his testimony in June, Mr Obafunwa, a professor of Medicine, and the Head of the Department of Morbid Anatomy at the Lagos University College of Medicine, said at least 99 persons were killed during the #EndSARS protests.

He added that three persons were killed in Lekki when soldiers opened fire on unarmed protesters at the toll plaza on October 20, 2020.

The remaining bodies were received from other parts of the state including Surulere, Ikorodu, Ajah, Fagba, among others, Mr Obafunwa said.

Mrs Okuwobi adjourned the matter until July 13.There has been a controversy around the casualty figures of the Lekki tollgate shooting since the incident occurred last year.

Lekki shooting

At about 6:45 p.m. on October 20, men in military uniform arrived at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos in three Toyota Hilux vans and almost immediately began shooting into a crowd of peaceful protesters gathered there waving the Nigerian green-and-white flag and reciting the national anthem.

The protesters, mostly youth, were protesting police brutality and asking for reforms in governance. The army which initially denied shooting at the protesters, later admitted that its men carried live bullets that night but only to tackle armed hoodlums who had hijacked the protests.

Ahmed Taiwo, Commander of the 81 Division, Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, told the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry into the Lekki Tollgate incident then that the army went to the tollgate “with both blank and live ammunition”.

The official also fell short of saying his men fired live shots at Nigerians on their way “to clear the Lekki, Eti-Osa corridor”.

After the incident and the outcry it generated, the federal government disbanded the notorious SARS unit known for human rights abuses and asked states to set up panels of enquiry into cases of human rights abuses by the police.

Most of the panels are concluding their work which are expected to be submitted to the Federal government.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/472809-lagos-endsars-panel-admits-autopsy-reports-of-99-persons-killed-during-protests.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Racoon(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
Soldiers’ shooting -"On October 20 last year, soldiers opened fire at unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate killing yet-to-be-determined number of people. Although the army initially denied its soldiers shot at unarmed protesters, the multitude of evidence presented by witnesses, including videos showed that soldiers shot at protesters.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who initially said no one died from the shooting, later said only two persons died. Several protesters, including those who have appeared before the judicial panel to give evidence that many people were killed at the Lekki tollgate and many injured, have insisted that some of the corpses were taken away by the soldiers.
cc: Helinues/Monogamy, Afamed, Seunmsg, NgeneUkwenu,

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Joromi1: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
Fulani herdsmen, bandits and their malnourished keyboard warriors will soon come here to call Dr Obafunwa a liar or a paid PDP apologist. The fate of Lekki tollgate victims will befall all 'darling daddy' chanters and supporters of evil.
Useless terrorists.

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Racoon(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2021
Autopsy reports -"During his testimony in June, Mr Obafunwa, a professor of Medicine, and the Head of the Department of Morbid Anatomy at the Lagos University College of Medicine, said at least 99 persons were killed during the #EndSARS protests.

He added that three persons were killed in Lekki when soldiers opened fire on unarmed protesters at the toll plaza on October 20, 2020...."
Just imagine! First, they denied no soldier was @ Lekki(even the Nigerian army/GF Malami said they were fake soldiers), then denied that no shot were fired, then agreed shots were fire but not life rounds.
Later affirms protesters were fired @ but not knowing who gave the order.Then denied that nobody was assaulted or killed but all these keep falling in the face of overwhelming evidence.

This is how they lied about the Zaria shites massacre until a government panel indicted the same govt.The foolish man called Lai Mohammed just keep on disgracing himself with his silly but wicked lies.

So also are the deadened zombies of this government who keeps on spreading lies.However lies can never suppress the truth because the truth will keep on springing out to shame lies.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by johnmartus(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
And what's their names at least they supposed to have name and family.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by BombAttack(f): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
They will ask for their body bags

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by DOTian: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
I have always said it here that those of you who for all sorts of dirty percuniary interests, lied against the dead and continued to argue that nobody was killed in the ENDSARS protests by Nigerias overzealous security men, will rot in the hottest part of hell.. It was the Tinubu Internet Urchins (TIU) that were at the vanguard of that misinformation. Your sins are unforgivable. You lied against the dead! You will all die in worse ways..

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Philipponzaghi: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
This is the summary:

According to him, the 99 bodies, which include three killed at the Lekki Toll Gate during the shooting on October 20, 2020 by soldiers, were deposited at the morgue between October 19 and October 24, 2020.

Three killed at Lekki Toll gate while the rest are all across Lagos.

Nigerian police don kolomental and the Endsars protest was like a Pyrrhic victory especially for the families that lost loved ones. Nice that Lagos is coming up with reports and compensation to the victims. I just hope other states can compensate their own victims too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Racoon(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
They support bandits @ will.They deny fulani killings & pamper terrorists/Boko Haram even rationalising their atrocities.

Well, I keep on saying it.It will never be well with all the evil people under the devilish regime.All that happened in Lekki will happen to your families for you to feel the pain.

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Mide3367: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ha shocked
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by dyera(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
Buhari government hate Protesters but love Bandits and Terrorists, paying them monthly salary after all the atrocities they've committed.

Buhari government kills Protesters but shield Bandits and Terrorists.

14 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Oddfinder: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
The truth must surely come out

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by AchalugoNwa(f): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
angry

and some criminals where victimising DJ switch?
well one thing I know is that if you're a supporter of this government
it'll never be well with you.

God in his infinity wrath will destroy your generation and when the time comes no prophet will be able to reveal your predicaments to you.

Tinubu urchins are dead criminals

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Falseprofet2: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
cry

I see more youths getting voters card to punish these politicians

This i pray

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by juman(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lies upon lies.
99 people.
Habah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Kobicove(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Make sure you read and understand before you start making stupid comments!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by talk2hb1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
A-Yam, Corn-Fussed. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by MRDEE01: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
In the light of this revelation,can we say DJ switch was right?
maureensylvia:
Even at that, Lai Mohammed will say they are ugandians

Tell me you are joking
grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by maureensylvia(f): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Even at that, Lai Mohammed will say they are ugandians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Buhari, Liar Muhammad, Tinubu, Hellrufai, Adamu GABA, Femi Adesina, Malami, Our own osinbajo, and the rest of ZOMBIES on Nairaland/ offline are all the Guardians of Evil.

God is watching His creations, if you choose good/bad you will reap what you sow, either in this life/ judgement day

11 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by SavageResponse(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
I'm happy the government did not allow any nonsense memorial to hold otherwise more innocent people would have lost their property and lives!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
embarassed

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Jamiubond009(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
Hmm
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by coolhumble(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
Joromi1:
Fulani herdsmen, bandits and their malnourished keyboard warriors will soon come here to call Dr Obafunwa a liar or a paid PDP apologist. The fate of Lekki tollgate victims will befall all 'darling daddy' chanters and supporters of evil.
Useless terrorists.

Amen�
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Matheusmartin: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by RodgersAkpafu: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
juman:
Lies upon lies.
99 people.
Habah.
This one still has mouth to talk

10 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by macaranta(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
All those saying nobody died in those protests are actually wicked.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by ivolt: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021

Mr. pathologist, why did you omit the the cause of their death?
Is it because it has nothing to do with shooting or bullets?
A professional should never hide the most important information.

The shameless liar DJ witch claimed 70 people were gunned down without providing any evidence.
The next day after the "massacre", all the blood from the victims' miraculously disappeared without a trace.

We need to avoid sensationalism. If you look at a page in the report I submitted, all I did was to summarise. However, if I do an autopsy and I do not do radiography, you would tear me to pieces if I come to court with such a record. That is why I had to do everything, leaving nothing to chance.
The Endsars liars love sensationalism.
They cannot be reason with as their leaders are making money from perpetuating the Lekki myths.

I expect them to accuse the pathologist of bias because they place more trust in photoshopped Nigerian flags
than real investigation.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by ShitHead(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes by Generalwoodz(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council / Fire Incident At FIRS Headquarters In Abuja / State Of The Nation: Obasanjo Holds Closed-Door Meeting With SDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.