Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School (17031 Views)

Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Pelzy: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
You can try to balance it with education. What you need is time management. Pls, don't try to drop out or deffer. great things doesn't come easy. Pls try to balance it....
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by sanusikebbe(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
No it's not advisable to quit your studies. Look for a way to merge your school with the business, even if it means undergoing a part-time. Money & the study go hand-in-hand.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by ikcid: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
Candidlady:

have you seen a movie called BMS(Blue mountain state) season movie sha
I have not watched BMS, but your question made me go see the trailer on YouTube. It's a funny one, btw and I'll download it soon. Thanks for the suggestion cool
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by juwoonn(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
See mentality!
Oga, there are many legitimate ways to make money online.
God bless all the legit online hustlers and May God also punish all the online fraudsters making people to think that any online business must be a scam.
By the way what’s the meaning of HK?
DoggoneDogg:

Na Yahoo what else??
The idiot save money buy laptop go learn for HK con come here dey cap nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by BOWOTO(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
I can not tell you what to do but the world has changed. You can be whatever you want to be, it takes a lot of work and discipline.

Chase your passion, chase money. Educate yourself while you are at it. Goodluck
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by SirLakes: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Greatn3ss:
I'm sure this is a tactics you want to use to hunt those that will come here and make comments like "show me the way"

Comrade lower your voice

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by NSK4U(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
I ain't making that huge amount but I am also combining mine and school and also in 300lvl. Wanted to defer my admission this year buh thought otherwise knowing that I'd graduate next year and focus fully on the work.

It's really not easy combining acada & work buh the thought of no hope of better life in being a graduate in Nigeria will motivate one to make hay while the sun shines, may Oluwa bless our hustle, ase!
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by fastwaveng: 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abeg Getat
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by lomprico(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
jokerr:
abeg which online business you dey do ,am interested

Lol, forget you will not get a response for this question.
Africans no dey show dia brother way.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by treatise: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
I've been on both side of the isles, if you have the courage to start over whilst the business keeps running, I may suggest opting for an online university or open university. To be honest, poor cash or funding and education are incongruous. Education is a compass.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Lisbiz(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2021
Oky
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by alphaNomega: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

It was as if nothing was working "I was desperate! I wasn't making money."

But I kept on...

Finally this year, I got the breakthrough. I got my first payment.

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

Should I quit school and focus more on my online business?
Your online business would still be there in 2 years. Finish your school first.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Vyzz: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

But I kept on...

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

If you can combine both u should...

I'm a student too hustling...

If you can tell me just the course, I'll be grateful and follow through
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
69Ansour69:
300l student?? And 250k a month?? You're loosin' focus??

Bruv, you know the drill?
The both you've got at hand is dope. I suggest you work harder on how you can FOCUS mostly in the Education line.

It's more like a big test for ya, Bruv.
You've gone way long in your academical aspects. You've just started with what emanates money for you.

Just work hard lika' Trojan on your Focus

In the end, it's gon' be a couple of Fortunes
Are you in Nigeria or what ? 200k and he is loosing focus? How many first class graduates earn 100k to start with? Don’t make us change it for you oh! OP find a way to do both, make your lectures friends and they will do favors for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by daytona007: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
My own two cent.

See, lot's of us come from very broke homes that we feel like that little breakthrough is enough.
One question most saying chase the money will not ask is "What is the tendency of that business opening more doors in years to come?". Making that range for years straight in my opinion is not a win. You need to elevate. Many people dey make am without school o, but are you willing to risk it entirely?
"School na scam" but wether you like to believe it or not, school opens a whole lot of doors, easier too.

Like someone suggested on the first page, defer one session. That's one whole year to make about 2.5m, that's enough to invest in a side hustle that will relief you the much stress to focus on school.

All the best bro!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by hayoholla(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chase money, focus on school grin
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nwunwa: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Mccullum:
This is just a story of fallacy, only gullible ones will fall to your trap.
Why did you say so
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by luvlyoracle(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

continue with school use the money you make to sought yourself out every semester
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by OChimex: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

Black man. Something wey dey give u this kind money u no want share with other poor unemployed teeming youth your age languishing in poverty so that they go follow u at least eat.

But u want people to help you with advice, abi?
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Joetttimua1811(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
It is better you have the cerfiticate and you don't need it than to need it and you don't have it...

Manage and do the two after all you have just a year left
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by OChimex: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Na Yahoo what else??
The idiot save money buy laptop go learn for HK con come here dey cap nonsense

Yahoo no dey give monthly stipulated income naaa. Na once in a blue moon you hit target, then continue bombing.

Again if na Yahoo, he no go come ask nairaland, his fellow Yahoo business partners go be his advisers.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Milli10(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
You can still do your job that pays you 250k monthly while you pay someone to fill your presence in schooll

This is Nigeria, and trust me, as long as you have someone you could pay to take your place in school activities, your certificate and job are both guaranteed for you..
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Lehksyen4life(m): 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

Please brother, I will really be glad if you can put me through the online business. I guess you and I are in the same shoes but yours is quite better than mine. I will like to join the online business.. Hit me on 08165843790...thanks in anticipation!
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by OldbutGold(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
My good sir, You really had to mention how much you earn in a month?

Where does that leave the rest of us that doesn't "earn" like you do ?

You know we all here would like to know how you earn such an amount, would you be kind enough to tell us ?
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by seanwilliam(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
SeaTrade:
If you let money make you leave school,what now happens when the money stops coming?
Entrepreneurship is a very dangerous journey,sometimes out of luck and effort,it lasts.But to some,it doesn't.
So for a person in the latter category than has no qualifications,how then do you survive?
Don't be moved by little things in essence,have your degree and then continue your business from there,so that if it fails,you have something to fall back on...
Most of the people that think money is everything is mostly because they've not made it,cos when you do,you will find out that having money without what you can do with it to be productive is another nightmare on its own.
I hope I'm clear enough.
this is the problem I’m facing right now
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by DoggoneDogg: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
[s]
juwoonn:
See mentality!
Oga, there are many legitimate ways to make money online.
God bless all the legit online hustlers and May God also punish all the online fraudsters making people to think that any online business must be a scam.
By the way what’s the meaning of HK?
[/s]

Will you shut up your mouth?!! angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by DoggoneDogg: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
[s]
OChimex:

Yahoo no dey give monthly stipulated income naaa. Na once in a blue moon you hit target, then continue bombing.

Again if na Yahoo, he no go come ask nairaland, his fellow Yahoo business partners go be his advisers.
[/s]

He shared his monthly paycheck with you abi, Mr. ITK?

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by SeaTrade(m): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
seanwilliam:
this is the problem I’m facing right now
It's a terrible place to be in,terrible.
Well,the fact that you've identified it to be a problem is a step in the right direction.
Secondly is,how big a problem do you consider it to be?
If you take it so big,then it's end is near.
Goodluck to you man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by SeunNotOwner: 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

Please don't quit school, you are almost there.
I am making little money now feeding myself, but whenever I was asked what I studied in school, I have no answer for it.

Now that I decided to go back to school, it's turning out to be turf than when I was young

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by highbeeola(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

u can do part time na. or defer the semester secure enough bag and continue

But I kept on...

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by ubongdo33: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
favour32:
I will summarize my advise:
If education is important, then, money is priceless.
hmm wisdom and food for thought

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences / How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.