Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings (22084 Views)

Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings / Remi Babalola Resigns From FBN Holdings As Chairman / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by djon78(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2021
Dialpad:
If 30 billion is all it takes to be the largest shareholder of a first generation bank in Nigeria, then Nigeria is in a big financial mess

As in eh
I couldn't wrap my head around the whole thing

30 billion on a seriously devalued Naira
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by BABANGBALI: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
MartinsD12:

English self grin you mean he only owns an ordinary chair used in sitting down?
see you, as old as you are, you don’t know the meaning of chair holder in a company, didn’t you do history in school? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by Remii(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
meanwhile. N30b cant me take over cost for a mega bank like FBN
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by MartinsD12(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
BABANGBALI:
see you, as old as you are, you don’t know the meaning of chair holder in a company, didn’t you do history in school? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew!
grin
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by benitwater(m): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
They have concluded the deal maybe,,,
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by akaahs(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
shegz24:

It depends on the number of shareholders and how much each has.

He could be the largest share holder by owning 10% while the remaining 90% is shared among about 20 people.

So its possible.
No way u could be the largest shareholder with 10% except with 51%
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by certifiedvik(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Sundaycomputer:
So na scan or what
No be only scan nah photocopy
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by chaloskyx: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Typical Nigerian response its the same thing Nigeria government and the army would say when news about their operations come on social media. however this one is true cause you could have just said fake news and debunked it.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by koning: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
layzie:

The highest share holder of FBN before now is Oba Otudeko with just 1.5% of the shares. That's how diverse FBN shares are held.

Anyone that acquires more shares than Otudeko becomes the highest shareholder. It could be as low as having just 1.6% of the shares

The news said that Otedola acquired MAJORITY shares. Not the highest shareholder. To be a majority shareholder you must OWN or Controle 50% or more of a company's outstanding shares.
So do not get things mixed up. Otedola is far from controlling FBNH. With N30billion, i don't even think he is the highest shareholder.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by layzie: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2021
koning:

The news said that Otedola acquired MAJORITY shares. Not the highest shareholder. To be a majority shareholder you must OWN or Controle 50% or more of a company's outstanding shares.
So do not get things mixed up. Otedola is far from controlling FBNH. With N30billion, i don't even think he is the highest shareholder.

If u had 100 shares in d hands of 99persons, it means 1person has 2shares and is thus the majority share holder. It's simple English.
The news didn't give u what percentage of shares he acquired...so stop throwing 50% around.

The majority shareholder of FBN before now had just about 1.5% of the bank shares. This is a fact and should tell u Otedola couldn't have acquired up to 10% sef not to talk of 50%.

The shares are in the hands of multitudes.

I'm sure the news will be clearer and his percentage holding stated clearly in the coming days/weeks
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by koning: 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2021
layzie:

If u had 100 shares in d hands of 99persons, it means 1person has 2shares and is thus the majority share holder. It's simple English.
The news didn't give u what percentage of shares he acquired...so stop throwing 50% around.

The majority shareholder of FBN before now had just about 1.5% of the bank shares. This is a fact and should tell u Otedola couldn't have acquired up to 10% sef not to talk of 50%.

The shares are in the hands of multitudes.

I'm sure the news will be clearer and his percentage holding stated clearly in the coming days/weeks

Jeez! will you guys stop confusing largest share holder with a company's majority share holder?. I will not explain further. Google is your friend.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by layzie: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
koning:

Jeez! will you guys stop confusing largest share holder with a company's majority share holder?. I will not explain further. Google is your friend.

Just mention me next week when the news states the % shares. Let's stop this argument.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by koning: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
layzie:

Just mention me next week when the news states the % shares. Let's stop this argument.

Which argument?! It's education for you. Don't be too proud to learn. Social network can be a good source of learning.

Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by olatuns2017: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by SocialJustice: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2021
They've made U-turn.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by aspabay(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2021
smithoo:
FBN holdings will get back to us and confirm OTEDOLA is now the majority shareholder in FBN.

Diamond denied Access bank takeover but we all know the history now.

It a trade mark to deny report to avoid a run on the bank but laslas, they will acknowledge and manage the situation well.

Prophet
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by layzie: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
koning:

Which argument?! It's education for you. Don't be too proud to learn. Social network can be a good source of learning.

Educator. Now apologise for misleading people and move on if u re the better person. The news is out. 5% is what he bought. Peace and out.
Re: We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings by shegz24(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
akaahs:

No way u could be the largest shareholder with 10% except with 51%

As a matter of fact Otedola has become the largest shareholder with 5.07% of the company shares.

Google it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria / Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. / How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.