Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,565 members, 7,809,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

So Called Igbo Commercial Strength - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / So Called Igbo Commercial Strength (2631 Views)

Invest In Good Health , Buy Your Gym Equipments From CORE STRENGTH FITNESS . / FOREX: Naira Loses Strength Against Dollar As CBN Intervenes With $210m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
nku5:

The Igbo commercial strength is more in the north than lagos

Yes indeed, it is even more in ghana than in lagos grin

Continue deceiving yourself. How many igbos are in the north?? How many igbo businesses are in the north?
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Elliotwaveforec: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hausas are born traders, I like them; but Fulanis, hmnnn!
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by GeneralStan(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I say you are living in delusions. Fear of the igbo traders in the north, maybe for cheating and fake products grin but for real business, hell No

Why is that anytime, the igboman evo is touched he will start producing lies to uplift his ego back.

You have never been to the places you mentioned, the igbo man business acumen stop at the south, when he enters the north, awaits him lot of competition, no wonder in order to survive he runs into partnership with hausa businessmen.

you keeping qouting all these fantasies without an iota of proof, i have reasons to believe that you're neither a businessman or have you been to the business hubs of the aforementioned places, I repeat your Alhajis respect the igbos in the north, its not pride or oppression but igbos rule the comercial climes even in the remotest parts of your north.
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
GeneralStan:

you keeping qouting all these fantasies without an iota of proof, i have reasons to believe that you're neither a businessman or have you been to the business hubs of the aforementioned places, I repeat your Alhajis respect the igbos in the north, its not pride or oppression but igbos rule the comercial climes even in the remotest parts of your north.

One of the most hilarious comments ever.

Let me add that

you guys are everywhere selling in the north grin
Yiu guys infact own the north grin
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by GeneralStan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

One of the most hilarious comments ever.

Let me add that

you guys are everywhere selling in the north grin
Yiu guys infact own the north grin

Yea that's right....
As long as Business is concerned i have been to places in the north i doubt you have ever been, so as long as commerce is concerned, We Own You!

1 Like

Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Okwyjesus(m): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Coronabirus:
Igbos are traders and the simplest business economy is trading. Trading add very little to economy.

North control the biggest stake in Nigeria's food commodities and in as much as 200m people will eat at least once in a day then you know foodstuff is a lucrative business, Northerners are the main actors in transport with more than 90% of Nigerian trailers belongs to them, most petroleum tankers belong to Northerners, most oil marketers in Nigeria today are Northerners because the biggest strategy of Northerners is population factor; it is recently revealed that road transport generate more money much more than air transport in Nigeria. Northerners are 80-90% farmers, more than 70% of domestic fish we consume in Nigeria is from Baga, Borno state. Our population make farming profitable due to high consumption.
Nigeria has $400b GDP; look at the GDP of different sectors and commodities in Nigeria and assess who control the major stake of Nigeria's economy: Accommodation, food, transportation and real estate: 12.2%, Education, health, science and technology: 6.3%, Farming, forestry and fishing : 30.5%, Manufacturing, mining and quarrying: 11.3%
Retail, maintenance, repair, and operations: 24.9%
Managerial, finance and insurance: 4.2%
Telecommunication, arts and entertainment: 1.8%
Other services: 8.8%.
Going by the given statistics above it can be seen that Education, health, science and technology, Entertainment, manufacturing, Telecommunication, arts and entertainment that ur people claim to have control are not up to 30.5% of GDP contributed by farming and fishing mainly control and done by Northerners while all other businesses ur people do, Northerners are either into them en masse or are the main actors.
Oil is a natural resources which u can't in anyway be proud of hardwrk in it; Northerners control the sector because they venture into anything that brings profit and the same with port and other government sectors, they don't attain the positions at platter of gold but by hardwork, passion and purposeful style.
Dangote and BUA alone make up more than 5% of the whole Nigeria's GDP.
Only poverty ravaged person will sit down and make this unsubstantiated allegations against North, you people should go back to farm and learn how money flow, venture into productive business.
Noise doesn't change facts!

I laugh at your analysis. Maybe there is another northern Nigeria l don't know. All the nation negative developmental indices are from the north.

If you are that good, then allow other tribe to break out and live in peace. Why bury yourself in govt jobs and govt fund.

The lgbos after the war have come to be self sufficient despite the plan to permanently render them impoverished.
Stand on your legs if you're this good and stop to lean on southern support.
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Superwave16320: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
So there are no uncountable billionaire from other tribes in Kano abi you Igbos are born with foolishness from birth.

MRDEE01:

Bro even in Kano there are uncountable igbo billionaire business men.

Don't let bitterness give heart attack.
Thank you sir
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Zetra7: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If you like call me an igbo hater, i don't have one hate against the igbos.

I will just like to correct some things about igbo commercial strength, first and foremost the igbos so called commercial strength start and ends in lagos, if the igbos think they are good in trading then they haven't met a hausa man.

Northern history is all about trading, when other tribes were busy running naked, the hausas were busy trading and importing and exporting goods thru and from countries as far as saudi Arabia through the deserts.

The sad reality is most southerners who praise the igbos for their commercial strength haven't traveled out their bubble in lagos. If they have, they would have know that for what every commercial activities the igbos does, the hausa man does that in thousands of fold.

Is it transport business, electronic, spare parts, etc, just think about any business, the hausa man does them too.

I think most of you should go and read about northern history in trading, everything about the north is trade, that is why you will hardly see a hausa man being idle, he must do one trade or the other to survive.

My dear , am late to this tea party.. I understand how you feel but to be honest Igbos have gone far.

The day you will realise it is when you travel to import products into this country then you will understand that they're the gate keepers of commerce in Nigeria.. Just pay your respect to them and have peace.....
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
GeneralStan:

Yea that's right....
As long as Business is concerned i have been to places in the north i doubt you have ever been, so as long as commerce is concerned, We Own You!

Born and bred in the north, it seems you know more than the natives.

Your ownership of any commerercial trade ends in lagos.
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If you can not make the east dubia when you are inside Nigeria, when it is outside, it won't still be Dubai.

It is southerners that know igbo people in business because they trade there in large numbers especially in petty trading but in the north, the hausa man controls trading, they are the commercial powerhouse of the north. Mention any business that does not involve alchohol and drugs that you think the igbos are doing in the south,the hausas are also doing it in abundant in the north.

Most igbo traders in the north know that, so where do you think they get their supplies from?
grin grin ur funny oh show us proof what your saying lol
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Justiceleague1: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
When people live together with cows sha grin
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
Okwyjesus:

I laugh at your analysis. Maybe there is another northern Nigeria l don't know. All the nation negative developmental indices are from the north.

If you are that good, then allow other tribe to break out and live in peace. Why bury yourself in govt jobs and govt fund.

The lgbos after the war have come to be self sufficient despite the plan to permanently render them impoverished.
Stand on your legs if you're this good and stop to lean on southern support.

That is why our education system is poor because is more on paper than reality.

The homicide index of US is more than 10× than that of Nigeria and this doesn't change the true picture of US greatness!

Learn to be free from dogmatic attitude and be a man of conscience!
Re: So Called Igbo Commercial Strength by Elsueno: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2021
shocked

Igbos only dominate a few section of the market which are plumbing material importation, spare parts & electronics...But currently even in those parts lots of tribes have beat them already. except the spare parts sector. Now even on top of my bed, I can arrange with my supplier in any part of d country or even China to get my goods. So Igbos are living in denial if they still think they control the commercial sector.

F.Y.I my mentor was an Igbo man, so I really have nothing against them...But I dislike IPOB

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Buy All Sorts Of Gift Card(itunes Card,amazon,play Station)etc. / Legit Way Of Making 30% On Your Investment In 2weeks. / Bitcoins All The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.