Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears (3622 Views)

Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Chyz2: 1:48am On Jun 03, 2011
[size=15pt]Okorocha orders immediate payment of salary arrears[/size]

On June 3, 2011 · In News

By Chidi Nkwopara

OWERRI-Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has ordered immediate payment of arrears of salaries currently owed civil servants in the state.

This came on a day the state’s Accountant-General, Mr. Pauly Ajoko, and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Sir George Eche, at the House of Assembly, linked non-payment of salaries to civil servants in the state to alleged insolvency of the government.

Chief Okorocha, who gave the order yesterday when he paid an unscheduled visit to the State Secretariat Complex, Port Harcourt Road, Owerri, also condemned lateness to work by some staff at the secretariat.

“My administration will not condone lateness to work and laziness. Flimsy excuses like traffic congestion would no longer be tolerated,” Okorocha said.

Urging civil servants to sit up in the spirit of the rescue mission, Okorocha also ordered the Head of Service, Mr. Evans Uzokwe, to lock up the gate against late comers by 7.45am daily

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/okorocha-orders-immediate-payment-of-salary-arrears/
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Jun 03, 2011
Here's hoping all this no be first week GRA-GRA!
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kcjazz(m): 1:59am On Jun 03, 2011
This thread will soon be flooded by "where is he going to get the money?" folks cheesy
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by OAM4J: 3:29am On Jun 03, 2011
kcjazz:

This thread will soon be flooded by "where is he going to get the money?" folks cheesy

One will assume he is not that daft to give such an other without knowing there is enough fund to back it up.

I only wish to see him sustain the goodwill he has earned from the people of Imo State with more meaningful projects.

And yes, it is also very important he starts to think about increasing the state IGR and facilitate the growth of the state Economy.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by efisher(m): 3:42am On Jun 03, 2011
Commendable. This is a good start. If he wants to take a shot at the presidency in the future, this is his chance to prove himself. I'll be watching.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kasiem(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2011
This bloke is moving with direction. I wldn't be surprised to see some fools on nairaland asking why did he do that
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by ASL33: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2011
kasiem:

This bloke is moving with direction. I wldn't be surprised to see some fools on nairaland asking why did he do that
And the second poster beat you to that.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by sayso: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2011
good start.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Guyman02: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2011
so former Gov Ikedi Oha[b]scam[/b] couldnt pay salaries to civil servants and he promised to provide 200,000 jobs for unemployed graduates in the state at the payment of N3,000 registeration fee, just like the usual GSM promos it turned out to be fake, but then he smiled home with over N2b.
Rochas has done well, at least the civil servants can smile, I hope T.A orji does same for Abia State
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by aribisala0(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2011
shot at presidency,of what ohaneze? let us wait and see. right now it is too early
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by JUO(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
God save del,
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by mallorca(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
Ride on Owelle Ndi Igbo!
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kellybaba(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
Owelle Gburu-gburu is on track ! jide nke iji
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kasiem(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
Why is this not on homepage,atleast, to attract the jealousy of some tribalists
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by anishe(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
Oga Governor, it is your turn but please tread softly. Think before you act and not the other way round. I wish you Jonathan. I mean Goodluck.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by bossinie: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Here's hoping all this no be first week GRA-GRA!
Well,for those who have followed this man Rochas for awhile knows that if it requires borrowing money from financial institutions to pay these outstanding bills,then he is game.This man has a 'BIG' heart for the 'masses',i believe his antecedents speak for him and most of the policies from his administration will focus largely on making better the lives of these class of people.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by mystikal(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
The Head of Service should names of noise makers too.

On a serious note, I'm happy for this my 2nd State. Rochas seems d real deal
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by aribisala0(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
because he ordered payment of salaries that they worked for.
hmm
igwe rochas dalu
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by rhymz(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
Nice one, especially with the closing of gate at 7:45am. Nigerian Civil servants are part of the problems, they have very bad work ethics. Imagine giving such excuse to a bank manager whether im no go kick ur ass to d curbs.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Eziachi: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
kellybaba:

Owelle Gburu-gburu is on track ! jide nke iji
Can he be simply Mazi Rochas Okorocha? I am sick of all this obsession with meaningless titles.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by MMM2(m): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
good
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by wealthlift(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
Owelle is working,

Haters are coimplaining and slimming!
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by gernded(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2011
Another Mbakwe in making Imoslites has gotten it right this time .Happy are you people ,

One thing and the only candid advice to imolites is to remain vigilant against any external influence or any kind of Ohascam factors,

I am from old Imo state so any day Rochas start paying salaries to every imolites i will bring out my old imo documents to claim my right i hope you guys will not leach me to death.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Afam4eva(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
gernded:

Another Mbakwe in making Imoslites has gotten it right this time .Happy are you people ,

One thing and the only candid advice to imolites is to remain vigilant against any external influence or any kind of Ohascam factors,

I am from old Imo state so any day Rochas start paying salaries to every imolites i will bring out my old imo documents to claim my right i hope you guys will not leach me to death.

He said since the era of Sam Mbakwe, nobody has been able to equal his record. That he(Rochas Okorocha) will surpass what Mbakwe did.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by bossinie: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
aribisala0:

hmm
igwe rochas dalu
Yes oh! it commendable because i know in your state that most teachers have not been paid their arrears not to talk of the gratuity of retired teachers.Again YES it is laudable if he has started showing great concern less than 5days into office on what his predecessor could not do in 4years Then imagine what this man will do in 4years?
One more thing,REPENT and be saved as that image on your profile cannot save you,only JESUS can grin I suggest you sell it to the British museum for a cash you can use for mortgage or other useful things.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by bossinie: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
aribisala0:

hmm
igwe rochas dalu
Yes oh! it commendable because i know in your state that most teachers have not been paid their arrears not to talk of the gratuity of retired teachers.Again YES it is laudable if he has started showing great concern less than 5days into office on what his predecessor could not do in 4years Then imagine what this man will do in 4years?
One more thing,REPENT and be saved as that image on your profile cannot save you,only JESUS can grin I suggest you sell it to the British museum for a cash you can use for mortgage or other useful things.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2011
bossinie:

Well,for those who have followed this man Rochas for awhile knows that if it requires borrowing money from financial institutions to pay these outstanding bills,then he is game.This man has a 'BIG' heart for the 'masses',i believe his antecedents speak for him and most of the policies from his administration will focus largely on making better the lives of these class of people.  

Well, whether in his private life he was a saint or even an archangel, that one no concern us, and should really not be the basis on which his time as Governor should be judged.

Right now, he is a Governor/a public servant, and his record in office should be allowed to speak for him. Here's hoping this is all not just first week GRA-GRA!
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kasiem(m): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2011
My prediction is really manifesting. Some dumb hater are coming on board.
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by boardmem(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2011
hnm, action man more grace 2 ur elbows wish i come from ur state!
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
I am happy for IMO people,

This would show that the Worst thing that can happen to anyone is PDP.

Rochas in 4 days has almost beaten the achievements of Ohakim in 4yrs

Kick out PDP
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by lucabrasi(m): 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
kcjazz:

they are here already,ever present,
@post
again a positive sign of better things to come he is not only talking but proactively backing it with action.one thing that i am pleased about with the advent of the new "action governors" is the focus on education and other social welfare. moreover the seeming race amongst all these governors like fashola owelle rochas,aregbesola,fayemi to execute all these laudable projects can only translate to good governance and fruits of democracy at last
Re: Okorocha Orders Immediate Payment Of Salary Arrears by kcjazz(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
dayokanu:

I am happy for IMO people,

This would show that the Worst thing that can happen to anyone is PDP.

Rochas in 4 days has almost beaten the achievements of Ohakim in 4yrs

Kick out PDP

DK maybe he is an Arsenal fan. Will that change anything grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage / Boko Haram Is A Threat To Nation’s Unity –ijaw Group / PDP Supporters Begging For Corn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.