Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits (105161 Views)

Fruits You Hate! / List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / Eat Fruits In Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 5:39am On Jun 06, 2011
Eating fruits does not mean buying fruits, cutting it and popping it into our mouths.It involves more than that.It is important to know how and when to eat fruits. Let me show you the correct way of eating fruits.

Research has shown that it is important not to eat fruits after your meals, fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach.If you eat fruits like that,it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.

Bear in mind that fruits is the most important food but eating fruits after meals causes stomach discomfort as the fruits come in contact with the meal. The whole meal rots and ferments turning into acid.This could lead to cancer because the moment fruits come into contact with food in the stomach and digestive juices, the food begins to spoil.

Taking fruits on an empty stomach prevents graying hair,balding,nervous outburst and dark circles around the eyes. Fruits that are considered acidic like oranges and lemon don’t cause harm because all fruits become alkaline in our bodies according to research.
The secret of true beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight lies in mastering the correct way of eating fruits.Try this and achieve your desired weight and beauty.

I love you all
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Osama10(m): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2011
Doc-osward:

Eating fruits does not mean buying fruits, cutting it and popping it into our mouths.It involves more than that.It is important to know how and when to eat fruits. Let me show you the correct way of eating fruits.

Research has shown that it is important not to eat fruits after your meals, fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach.If you eat fruits like that,it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.

Bear in mind that fruits is the most important food but eating fruits after meals causes stomach discomfort as the fruits come in contact with the meal. The whole meal rots and ferments turning into acid.This could lead to cancer because the moment fruits come into contact with food in the stomach and digestive juices, the food begins to spoil.

Taking fruits on an empty stomach prevents graying hair,balding,nervous outburst and dark circles around the eyes. Fruits that are considered acidic like oranges and lemon don’t cause harm because all fruits become alkaline in our bodies according to research.
The secret of true beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight lies in mastering the correct way of eating fruits.Try this and achieve your desired weight and beauty.

I love you all

You are very correct here. cool
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 6:17am On Jun 06, 2011
Today fruit is Sour-sop.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2011
Soursop is a fruit that has the most delectable flavor. The soursop is a large fruit of a small, fast-growing tree. The fruit is picked from the tree before it has fully ripened as it will be badly bruised if allowed to ripen and fall. The fruit is mature and is ready for eating when it feels slightly soft and is light green externally. The skin is thin and is covered with conical nibs. The white, pulpy flesh, which contains juice, is peppered with small shiny, black inedible seeds, and has a pleasant, sweet-acidic taste. As it is rather fibrous, its squeezed juice makes a better choice, and has, in fact become more popular than the fresh fruit as such. Soursop has few seedless varieties, but they are rare, and tend to have fibrous flesh.

Medicinal Benefits: Soursop is not only a delicious and healthy fruit but it is use medicinally to treat illness ranging from stomach ailments to worms.
• The seeds, which have emetic properties, can be used in the treatment of vomiting.
• The leaf decoction is effective for head lice and bedbugs.
• The crushed fresh leaves can be applied on skin eruptions to promote healing.
• The juice of the fruit can be taken orally as a remedy for urethritis, haematuria and liver ailments.
• The juice when taken when fasting, it is believed to relieve liver ailments and leprosy.
• To speed the healing of wounds, the flesh of the soursop is applied as a poultice unchanged for 3 days.
• A decoction of the young shoots or leaves is regarded as a remedy for gall bladder trouble, as well as coughs, catarrh, diarrhea, dysentery, fever and indigestion.
• Mashed leaves are used as a poultice to alleviate eczema and other skin problems and rheumatism.
• The root bark is use as an antidote for poisoning.
• Soursop flowers are believed to alleviate catarrh.
• Decoction of leaves used as compresses for inflammation and swollen feet.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 6:22am On Jun 06, 2011
Nutrient Value per 100 grams servings:
• Vitamin: C 20.6
• Calcium: 14
• Iron: 0.6
• Calories: 66
• Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
• Protein: 1g
• Cholesterol: 0mg
• Sodium: 14mg
• Sugars: 13.54g
• Total Carbohydrate: 16.84g
• Total Fat: 0.3g
• Saturated Fat: 0.05g
• Monounsaturated Fat: 0.09g
• Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.06g
Culinary uses: eaten fresh as fruit; made into cakes, ice cream, preserved, beverages and for flavoring. The young soursop, where the seeds are still soft, is used as a vegetable. The fermented fruit is also use to make an apple cider-like drink.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 6:27am On Jun 06, 2011
I think this will do for today, just stay tune for the next fruits on same forum and same place.

Love you all and stay in good health.

My very best regard to you all
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by supereagle(m): 5:21am On Jun 14, 2011
Give us more pls.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by mafolayomi(f): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
Hi all pls how do I preserve my fruits the last time I bought them and kept them in d fridge I ended up throwing all away except the orange Cos they were all spoilt after some days even thoug h there was light
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by peachie(f): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
Cut fruit up into chunks and put in freezer bags, and place in the freezer. Use up in smoothies!!!, HTH. smiley

Most fruits will keep in the freezer up to a month.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Docosward(m): 3:20am On Jun 15, 2011
okay you guy are back, that mean we will continue from where we stop,
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by temmytanny(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2011
God will continue to bless you for the info you are providing us
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by samyng(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2011
Hello Doc-osward i really appreciate you sharing all this information as they are very educating and helpful. Please i will like to ask if eating too much Pineapple and soursop can increase one's BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL

Doc-osward:

PINEAPPLE
Pineapple is loaded with Vitamins and Minerals: The obvious benefits of pineapple are all the vitamins and minerals the fruit is loaded with. Its nutrients include calcium, potassium, fiber, and vitamin C. In addition it is low in fat and cholesterol.
It Strengthens weak bones: One of the benefits of pineapple is that it helps to build healthy bones. Pineapples are rich in manganese, a trace mineral that is needed for your body to build bone and connective tissues. Just one cup of pineapple provides 73% of the daily recommended amount of manganese. The benefits of pineapple can effect the growth of bones in young people and the strengthening of bones in older people.

It is Good for Gums: Your gums are very important to keep healthy. The gums hold the teeth in place and your teeth would be in bad condition if you have unhealthy gums. By eating pineapple, you are strengthening your gums to make it through the hard years later.
It Prevents Macular Degeneration: Pineapples contain a lot of beta-carotene that is good for the eyes and for your vision. Studies show that eating three or more helpings of pineapple a day may lower your chance of getting age-related macular degeneration, the main cause of vision loss in older folks.
IT Helps Arthritis (diseases of the joints): Bromelain is also considered an effective anti-inflammatory. Regular ingestion of at least one half cup of fresh pineapple daily is purported to relieve painful joints common to osteoarthritis. It produces mild pain relief. In Germany, bromelain is approved as a post-injury medication because it is thought to reduce inflammation and swelling.

Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Yinkade(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Pls who knows where I can get beetroot in nigeria, who who knows the local name?
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by WAVixen: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
Dependent on where you live, try the local market where fruits are sold and ask them for beetroot. You think those market women are dumb?! Wrong, because they come in contact with foreigners who ask for these fruits and vegetables they know almost all the fruits.

Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by molola(f): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hi doc, nice work done.

i am not trying to gain weight, i want to loose weight.

i recently noticed that i started gaining excessive weight due to complication from ulcer.

i need a diet that will reduce these urges to eat and also make me healthy.

thanks alot
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by lepasharon(f): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
eh hen,does anybody know the proper or English name for that fruit Awi??
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Beachqueen59(f): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Do u knw any food with fat soluble vitamins? A,D,E,K
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by dgitrader(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
front page material.
Eat right, stay healthy.
If u can, plant atleast four of this fruits in ur environment.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Gigihealth: 12:12am On Jul 18, 2016
Antioxidants foods are healthy foods that help in protecting your cells against the effects of free radicals which are molecules that are produced when your body breaks down food or when your body is exposed to tobacco smoke and radiation. Click on the link below to know more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/antioxidants-foods-best-antioxidant-foods-why-are-they-important/
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by gynny(f): 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
Benefits of green tea are countless. It has been known that drinking a cup of green tea may offer benefits to the skin’s appearance, the general health of the body. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/benefits-of-green-tea-green-tea/
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
peachie:
Cut fruit up into chunks and put in freezer bags, and place in the freezer. Use up in smoothies!!!, HTH. smiley

Most fruits will keep in the freezer up to a month.

I know this thread is old but no knowledge is lost. To preserve fruits in refrigerator, keep them in nylon or plastic bags.

Fruits will remain fresh as long as they are refrigerated in nylons or plastic bags.

My hypothesis: I think the reason fruits get spoilt in refrigerator is because the freezing or cooling gas sucks moisture of the fruits, leaving them susceptible to spoilage. I stand corrected in this regard.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

I know this thread is old but no knowledge is lost. To preserve fruits in refrigerator, keep them in nylon or plastic bags.

Fruits will remain fresh as long as they are refrigerated in nylons or plastic bags.

My hypothesis: I think the reason fruits get spoilt in refrigerator is because the freezing or cooling gas sucks moisture of the fruits, leaving them susceptible to spoilage. I stand corrected in this regard.
There's always Google y'know.
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
BoboYekini:
There's always Google y'know.
I know. Thanks
Re: Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits by automaniac69: 8:48am On May 20, 2022
Hi, thanks for the post. Some fruit names I don't even know, and for my country they are considered to be exotic food. But what's the most important is that they serve to control weight. Also I found that I think is an interesting read. I have always thought about how to keep muscle mass and not to lose it completely while keeping healthy weight.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Went To Hilda Bacis Restaurant To Eat. Pictures And Prices And Review Included / Nigerian Hunter Kills Many Animals, Trends Online (Photos) / Human-sized Catfish Caught In Niger Delta (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.