Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It (3423 Views)

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Ortintin: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Nigerian is blessed with so many people who are speaking different languages such as Igbo, Yoruba and many others. We will be discussing the Nigerian man who built the famous village in USA, and his reason for building it.

Professor Akuma-Kalu Njoku is a very prominent man who is commonly called Kalu Njoku. This great man have really supported the Igbo culture and tradition in different ways

According to Legit, Professor Akuma-Kalu Njoku built the famous Igbo village in the United States in 2010, and this great village is located in Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton, Virginia. So many of Igbo traditional and cultural iteam are display for foreigners and other visitors to see during their visit to the village.

Professor Akuma-Kalu Njoku had so many reasons of building the famous Igbo village, such as, he want to make other Igbo’s who were born in the USA to understand their languages, and also exhibiting the culture and tradition of the Igbo people.

Professor Akuma-Kalu Njoku has really proved to everybody that he is a very hard-working and industrious man who is very proud of his tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Ortintin: 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
My question is how do you convince some1 you are in the US if you snapped in this village now

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by MsFaith: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
When you decide to make your present location your new home…..

Looks like a regular Nigerian village picture too.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by slowice(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ortintin:
My question is how do you convince some1 you are in the US if you snapped in this village now

grin grin you be werey

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by FvckAllMods: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
Exactly what the man wants, he wants his village settings there
Ortintin:

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by lilvicky68(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
Nice one..

Village people 100: man 0

Village People can now varnish easily and appear there to carry out their activities..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by REUBEN010(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good initiative. Promoting African culture to the world.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by 10mobile: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Wow.. this is cool. A Home away from home.
He won't miss home again.

Let him not forget to add a barn for yams. grin.

Very creative.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by doggedfighter(f): 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
He even has village chiefs.

And garri frying place.

I see a tourist site. grin

Igbo amaka !

Igbo bu so mma. grin

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by tillaman(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
Man know thyself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by TarOrfeeek: 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
The only thing missing is Dibia and correct Charm
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by gasparpisciotta: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
I don’t believe this kind of red soil is in the US of A.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Generalwoodz(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2021
doggedfighter:

And garri frying place.

Igbo amaka !

Igbo bu so mma. grin
That's not a garri frying site but a "black Smith" corner
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Generalwoodz(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
doggedfighter:

And garri frying place.

Igbo amaka !

Igbo bu so mma. grin
That's not a garri frying site but a "black Smith" corner or okpu uzo
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by doggedfighter(f): 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Generalwoodz:
That's not a garri frying site but a "black Smith" corner or okpu uzo

Ewoooo, adagom ule grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by wiseone28: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2021
I did prefer the village house to my concrete house in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by traihit: 12:26am On Oct 24, 2021
Ortintin:

But it's also a very easy way to deceive village people too.... grin grin grin
When they keep seeing pictures like this, they'd still assume you're in the village.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by DICKstractor: 12:46am On Oct 24, 2021
undecided

Will the village have village people?
If it doesn't, it's not a complete replica

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Karlovych: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2021
embarassed

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by igbowoman: 2:01am On Oct 24, 2021
But I didn't see any chickens or goats or nwa bingo walking about
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Bifwoli: 3:34am On Oct 24, 2021
FvckAllMods:
But in USA you have to get building approvals and have sewer,water and power provisions in the buildings plan. I don't see how any state or local govt would approve these mud shacks and no homeowners would want these next to their neighborhood coz it lowers the value of homes nearby them.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by BigDawsNet: 6:53am On Oct 24, 2021
Get US visa on one condition

You will only reside in this village
Any move or relocation plan to another state will make you wanted and your visa invalid

Will you take the offer?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by BigDawsNet: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
I don’t believe this kind of red soil is in the US of A.

He dey Georgia
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by TeeGentle(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2021
The village no even get river where somewhere will fit fetch water or swim
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by rex444(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2021
Ee get how U go too see life, nothing go dey move U again
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2021
FvckAllMods:
May God Bless you for your simple & concise answer. He was expecting SNOW to surround the entire muddy buildings but he was disappointed
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by padi94(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Biafrans will relocate there.

The beauty of the USA. They understand and respect Diversity.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by lkillbrokehoes: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2021
Ortintin:
I'm telling you
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by OmosigoTV: 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good one
Nice one
Interesting one

E no get country for this world whey naija being no they.. ( Igbo especially)
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ortintin:
u go do before and after na
Re: Meet The Nigerian Who Built Nigerian Village In USA, And His Reason For It by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bifwoli:
But in USA you have to get building approvals and have sewer,water and power provisions in the buildings plan. I don't see how any state or local govt would approve these mud shacks and no homeowners would want these next to their neighborhood coz it lowers the value of homes nearby them.
this is just for tourism

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hustlers Travel Ambition...let's Meet Here / My Amazing Experience On A Night Bus From Lagos To Owerri / Survived Another Crash Today. God Is Merciful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.