Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? (47451 Views)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / Which Of These Soups Is Best With Akpu? / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by donnie(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by J2381: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
All of them.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Box18: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Why una not put ogwho soup ? that soup na one in a million.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
salesbloo:

stop your colonization mentality

M*mu colonization mentality keel you dia, what do you call it in Igbo language or south south part?
Moreover the leaf(or leaves) that is(are) used in preparing it is(are) not native to Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by juniorstar(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:
How many of the soups in the picture below have you tried/tasted?

I have tried six of them:
Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I have tried afang, banga, ogbono, okro, edikaikong, ewedu, egusi, eforiro

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Mckeni007: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
I have tried all except the last four, that ofe nsala almost made me forget my body spirit and soul because of the appetizing taste

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
Ofe nsala, affang, edikaikong , gbegiri, ewedu, banga, egusi, efo riro, ogbona,white soup, ghana soup, ofo, oha

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by silverx(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Who get soup pass between South-East and South-South sef?!

Make I know where I go dey find babe from, I must try all these soups and more! tongue
Na south west���

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Guyman02: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Igbo?

Let Nairalanders help us settle this, which tribe has the best soups of all tribes in Nigeria?

Like for Igbo (South-East)
Share for South-South (Ijaw & others...)
I think the Igbos are quite creative in terms of soups, they consider soups as a business venture and if it will appeal to a customer if they decide to sell it.

Igbos actually picked up a lot of their cuisine and recipe from Efik and Ibibio tribes and added business acumen to it.

I have a northern friend whose weakness is Oha soup and goat meat well cooked in an Igbo restaurant with hot semo, he can eat that every lunch time for a whole month grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Bouncing2(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
I've eaten all the south east and some South southern soups,,,,yet to taste the ewedus,the gbegiris etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
Wow thanks for this I will try those I didn't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Bahamas95(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have tasted six.

Ogbono/okra are my favourites......I love draw soup.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by WispyEthereal: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
all minus two
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by fergie001: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
usagee36:
Same as me. You must have lived in the north, east and west.
grin cheesy

Nah....Just East & West...North was just NYSC paroles.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Pumpumking: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

bro i chop in expensive restorants with babes.. and to be honest, this kinda fooods ate eaten by village or broke people....not we people from the city!(no ofeinse sir) angry
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by BlackyOne(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:
What do you mean?
Do you mean tried as in tasted or tried as in tried cooking?

Well I've only cooked the following
Okra
Afang
Banga ( only once)
Ofe Onubgu
Ogbono
Efor riro
Egusi
Edikaikon.

The list above are the only ones I've prepared myself but ive tasted everything on ops list.

I've been planning to make that gbegiri for years but anytime I think of the process, the idea just drops again.

how would you like to be treated to your second Banga soup experience?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by EraseTheDot: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by salesbloo: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:

M*mu colonization mentality keel you dia, what do you call it in Igbo language or south south part?
Moreover the leaf(or leaves) that is(are) used in preparing it is(are) not native to Yorubas.
Why dont you use those languages to call it instead of vegetable soup? Was it the only soup called with local names by the op? or you are tribal bigot?

4 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Badguy77(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Tasted all except for those boko haram soups i dont do hausa shit

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have tried them all of them. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Pootle: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
all bro and many more....even duru, marugbo, egusi olomi etc

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by FuckAllTheMODs: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
salesbloo:

Why dont you use those languages to call it instead of vegetable soup? Was it the only soup called with local names by the op? or you are tribal bigot?

My point is OP mentioned Yoruba vegetable soup which is efo riro, he/she mentioned calabar vegetable soup which is edikaikon.
So, what is stopping him/her from mentioning Ofe Ugu?
The best thing to do is to call it the general name which is vegetable soup.
There is nothing like colonization blablabla here.

Mr man free me abeg.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Yorubaritua1ist: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot
Says a yoruba man.. I guess ofe onugbu,oha,nsala,ogbono soup,ofe owerri and the rest are borrowed..igbo is the tribe that have highest number of different cuisines in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by adecz: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Na now I know say I don Waka❗️❗️

I don chop dem all plus dozens
wey no even dey here..
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by madjune(m): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
With all fairness, what's gbegiri and ewedu doing on this list?

They look more like concoction than soup, to me.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by house10s: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
no black soup
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by SKhanmi: 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Please, let the problems continue.

I'm not going to guzzle hydraulic fluid.

Hydraulic fluid guzzler here. Do you know they sometimes add oil and sprinkle egusi in it? Have you seen one prepared with very light green leaves with iru & pete?, not the black nonsense OP posted? How about gbegiri? That one will definitely be like diesel when they mix it to you. Your brain will knock if you dare try am. Definitely sure you've only be seeing basic soups cooked by broke amateurs. Feel free to visit Ibadan for conversion.
And no, no angel will come and meet you, you're one of earth problems.

5 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by mkoabiola: 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Only that myan Luka I nver taste or chop.

Na which tribe de chop that myan kuka sef
All other soups are goal
Especially afang and banga... Choi
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by ggood: 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Queenserah26:
I have actually tried all except Miyan Kuka
I saw in Zamfara State but is very black
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by NorthernersSuck: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Please, let the problems continue.

I'm not going to guzzle hydraulic fluid.

Chaiii Afonja people dey eat bad food ooooo, no wonder they look and behave abnormal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by shegsrules(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
All, but I don't eating okra again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Spoons, Nails, Keys Found In Ram's Belly In Kano Abattoir (Photos) / Best Preservatives For Cake.....let's Discuss / Look At The Snake I Just Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.