Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? (981 Views)

Shettima And Boko Haram: Facts And Fallacies / Yinka Odumakin: No Difference Between Bala Mohammed And Boko Haram / Soldiers And Boko Haram In Fierce Gun Battle Over Attack On Borno IDP Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by magoo10(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2021
naijapips04:

you still haven't proved how the names you are bantering are terrorists. The actual terrorists with guns in the forests are being murdered on a daily basis. If you don't know this, then you must be living in Olumo rock.
Oga you have a terrorist government in power and officials mostly members of terrorist group.
What is your base of argument actually?
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by naijapips04: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2021
magoo10:
Oga you have a terrorist government in power and officials mostly members of terrorist group.
What is your base of argument actually?

what is your base for calling our government terrorists. Provide your proof that they are terrorists and stop ranting like a market woman.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by magoo10(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2021
naijapips04:

what is your base for calling our government terrorists. Provide your proof that they are terrorists and stop ranting like a market woman.
lol
Those who soak dogs and baboons in blood are in power,those who are sympathetic to alquaeda are being protected.
Those who say Boko Haram is north and north is Boko Haram are presently in power .
Come are you still in pry school?
Or you are a member?
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by naijapips04: 10:26am On Oct 24, 2021
magoo10:
lol
Those who soak dogs and baboons in blood are in power,those who are sympathetic to alquaeda are being protected.
Those who say Boko Haram is north and north is Boko Haram are presently in power .
Come are you still in pry school?
Or you are a member?

IPOB is IGBO and IGBO is IPOB abi? Oga provide prove that they are terrorists or shut the f*ck up.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by magoo10(m): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2021
naijapips04:

IPOB is IGBO and IGBO is IPOB abi? Oga provide prove that they are terrorists or shut the f*ck up.
Continue
Till the next hundred years you will continue asking this kind of your silly questions .Mpama
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by naijapips04: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2021
magoo10:
Continue
Till the next hundred years you will continue asking this kind of your silly questions .Mpama

utu nwa bekee. provide proof or shut the hell up.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by magoo10(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2021
naijapips04:

utu nwa bekee. provide proof or shut the hell up.
see pry school pupil asking jamb questions grin
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by naijapips04: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
magoo10:
see pry school pupil asking jamb questions grin

These are primary school questions and it's obvious even that is beyond your reasoning capacity ,

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by Zetra7: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
naijapips04:
What is fundamentally the difference between IPOB and Boko haram in terms of core ideologies and modus operandi?

I honestly cannot see any. I challenge anyone to point these out.

I know the difference and that is Buhari who is for boko haram while Nnamdi Kanu is for IPOB but what I don't know is the difference between you and boko haram
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by kjhova(m): 12:03am On Oct 25, 2021
naijapips04:

it's a simple questions. Fundamentally how is IPOB different from Boko Haram?

You want a Christian/Jewish/Igboid state, they want a Muslim/Islamic Hausa Fulani state.

You kill issue threats, terrorize and kill your people, they do the same.

You destroy artifacts of the Nigerian state including killing police and military officers, they do same.

One itsy bitsy point of correction. You do not have proof that Boko Haram is fighting to install a Hausa and/or Fulani state. How do I know this?

a) there is no ethnicity known as Hausa-Fulani as often mistaken by us Southerners. Either you are Hausa or Fulbe but you can't be both!

b) Boko Haram was largely created by a Kanuri cleric and the group's top echelon has always been mainly from that group. How is a bunch of Kanuri terrorists aim to set up a Hausa or Fulani dominated political territory? I'm not sure anyone can make this make sense.w

This said, Boko Haram and IPOB do have several similarities including:

- both are non-state actors
- both are waging war against Nigeria
- both desire the breakup of Nigeria
- both have a religious tone to their agitation
- both have external access to funds/weapons
- both have large support in their region
- both are using violence to force themselves on their community
- both have promised there supporters a post Nigerian utopia once they win

My N2.50 opinion!

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by freegaza(m): 12:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Boko Haram were unknown gunmen 10 years ago...

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by shigishege: 3:11am On Oct 25, 2021
Nothing much only that one is Muslim and one is Christian.
Re: IPOB And Boko Haram: What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2021
kjhova:

One itsy bitsy point of correction. You do not have proof that Boko Haram is fighting to install a Hausa and/or Fulani state. How do I know this?

a) there is no ethnicity known as Hausa-Fulani as often mistaken by us Southerners. Either you are Hausa or Fulbe but you can't be both!

b) Boko Haram was largely created by a Kanuri cleric and the group's top echelon has always been mainly from that group. How is a bunch of Kanuri terrorists aim to set up a Hausa or Fulani dominated political territory? I'm not sure anyone can make this make sense.w

This said, Boko Haram and IPOB do have several similarities including:

- both are non-state actors
- both are waging war against Nigeria
- both desire the breakup of Nigeria
- both have a religious tone to their agitation
- both have external access to funds/weapons
- both have large support in their region
- both are using violence to force themselves on their community
- both have promised there supporters a post Nigerian utopia once they win

My N2.50 opinion!
On point

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If We Igbos All Tinubulate Come 2023? / Caption This Picture Of The Day. / What Did Tinubu Mean By "You Create Demand And Consumption"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.