Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love (21097 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Hathor5(f): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Klass99:

And why not? Why can't you have someone like that in your circle?

Talk is really cheap on these streets sha grin, some comments had my eyes popping out of their sockets.

Hathor how did your thread become a religious debate? I have been seeing Bible verses all over the place, I didn't even bother to read. How we bring religion into every discussion is beyond me....I need that emoji of face palm smacking the head.

I don't know. undecided
I was hoping it would stop pages ago but I didn't want to spoil the fun for Koboj. smiley
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Hathor5(f): 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

I don't like humans that are too weak emotionally especially males. When you are weak emotionally, you tend to make some irrational judgement. People like that see it as being selfless, but I see it as being foolish. I can't trust people like that because they would be the weak link in my circle.

Moreover, I don't really know how to forgive.

You call this weak?

I believe it takes a lot of strength.

But I would feel foolish too. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
MufasaLion:
I don't like humans that are too weak emotionally especially males. When you are weak emotionally, you tend to make some irrational judgement. People like that see it as being selfless, but I see it as being foolish. I can't trust people like that because they would be the weak link in my circle.

Its the opposite! It is actually a strong individual that would forgive such things. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by NtiObaEneke(f): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

If men were God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hathor5:
I don't know. undecided
I was hoping it would stop pages ago but I didn't want to spoil the fun for Koboj. smiley
I didn't start it. I simply can't stand when folks try to use the Bible God in justifying foolishness! undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Hathor5(f): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't start it. I simply can't stand when folks try to use the Bible God in justifying foolishness! undecided

I don't mind when it's you derailing a little bit. wink

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Reptyle(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2021
MufasaLion:

Absolutely. I pick my friends, they don't pick me.

Ok. Just that the danger with such an arrangement is that you are probably the only one in that setting that feels you are surrounded by "friends".

What you most likely have in reality are groupies.

But, if it works for you, I guess I can only wish you goodluck with that.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by MufasaLion: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Its the opposite! It is actually a strong individual that would forgive such things. undecided

That is a lie.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by MufasaLion: 8:09am On Oct 28, 2021
Hathor5:

You call this weak?

I believe it takes a lot of strength.

But I would feel foolish too. undecided

It's not strenght but weakness. Emotionally weak individuals do things without even thinking about themselves.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by MufasaLion: 8:10am On Oct 28, 2021
NtiObaEneke:

If men were God.

undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by cescky(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Is showing up the best we can and bringing out the best in our partners not a part of unconditional love? smiley I believe it is a part of it, and one does not necessarily preclude the other.

Love is important. Yes, the feelings, tingly kind I believe. One that makes your heart race and feel good just thinking about them, I believe. No, that is not all there is to it.

But unconditional love has imbued in it the works, the efforts, the commitment and the blindness as well.

To the usefulness of such advice, I feel it paints a dreary picture of marriage that I don't want to look forward to. Sounds drudgery. Like I must do things for my partner, just because. Not cheerily. Are there likely going to be times I feel that way? Possibly. But haba, for the most of the time and my marriage life?

I don't want that kind of organic, fulfilling-a-duty or filling-in-a-space love, tenkio.

You made plenty sense... Unfortunately you got a few likes because most people are married out of a sense of, "am getting old" society, my mates are married etc, so their co habiting with one they don't actually love..

You're partner should make your heart beat, out of love, yes the butterfiles won't always fly in the belly.. Because even an individual hates himself at times, what more another.. But marriage should be coming to getter of 2 people who cant get enough of themselves in love.., but when party a isnt feeling to great, party b should know how to keep the music flowing through patience, commitment, support, encouragement, sacrifice etc

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
That is a lie.
No it isn't. To achieve Forgiveness one first has to have some strong sense of self. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Magnoliaa(f): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
cescky:
You made plenty sense... Unfortunately you got a few likes because most people are married out of a sense of, "am getting old" society, my mates are married etc, so their co habiting with one they don't actually love..

You're partner should make your heart beat, out of love, yes the butterfiles won't always fly in the belly.. Because even an individual hates himself at times, what more another.. But marriage should be coming to getter of 2 people who cant get enough of themselves in love.., but when party a isnt feeling to great, party b should know how to keep the music flowing through patience, commitment, support, encouragement, sacrifice etc

I can never ever ever ever ever imagine this. I'd rather die single and lonely than get less than what I desire.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by cescky(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I can never ever ever ever ever imagine this. I'd rather die single and lonely than get less than what I desire.

In reality this is what 70 percent or more couples are made of... Especially women.. Society is more lenient on men, so thed go out searching..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter / Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.