Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time (479 Views)

My Boss Deceived Me Into Donating My Kidney Over Empty $20m Promise — Driver / Residents Donate Blood For Survivors Of Lagos Collapsed Building (photos) / Man Faints After Donating Blood For Free, Pays N7k To Get It Back - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by kpakpankolo: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hi Nairalanders, don't mind my english

So on last week mass at my church at St. Gerald catholic church Gbagada in lagos, the anoucement where made about blood donation that if you are interested you should come next Sunday prepared.

Is been conducted by Lagos State Blood Transfusion Service.
I have been thinking of donating blood one day and C Ronaldo is the person who moltivate me about that even tho I'm not his fan's.
So after today's mass I went down where they doing the donation and they gave me a form to fill, after that they tested me to know If i have enough blood which the nurse said that I have execs and they give malt to drink tefore they will draw the blood.

I hate needle but what this people bring out is pipe(big needle) which they use to draw the blood, when the pack is full, I started feeling dizzy the doctor told me to get up and take some water, when I was drinking the water the doctor showed me the blood which they draw from my body, when I saw it my body start to shake and the nurse by the side hold me after some seconds it stopped.
nothing big shaa if you have execs blood just go and donate many patients out need it. Good day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Bola146(f): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for doing this

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by care4you: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
thank you for that! your type are needed in this country, people who are ready to render a selfless services

#worktogetherasone!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by OmosigoTV: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good one
Nice one
Interesting one

Keep it up..
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by finalboss(m): 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
It's really hard to understand what you typed
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Davash222(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
You dey donate blood for this Buhari economy

EFCC suppose look into your matter asap cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by DaddyRochie1642: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
My head is now upside down after reading this man's English.
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Bombastically00(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
kpakpankolo:
So on last week mass at my church at St. Gerald catholic church Gbagada in lagos the anoucement where made about blood donation that if you are interested you should come next Sunday prepared. Is been conducted by Lagos State Blood Transfusion Service. [b]I have been thinking of donating blood one C Ronaldo motivate me about that even tho I'm not one of his fan's. [/b]So today after mass I went to where they doing the donation and they gave me a form to fill after they tested me to know I have enough blood which nurse said that I have execs and they give malt to drink after that they told is time I hate needle but what this people bring out is pipe which they use to draw the blood after the pack where full I started feeling dizzy the doctor told me to get up and take some water when I was drinking the water the showed me the blood which they draw from my body when I saw it my body start to shake and the nurse by the side hold me after some seconds it stopped nothing big shaa if have execs blood just go and donate many patients need it. Good day
God knows that I need blood not donate grin
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by RoyalBlu(f): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Well done op.

You've done well. Make sure you get enough rest today and boost up...

* But I sha mind your spacing and punctuations. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Bombastically00(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
My head is now upside down after reading this man's English.
Ur English sef cum worse...Which one is upside down grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Chicko1995: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by kpakpankolo: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2021
RoyalBlu:
Well done op.
You've done well. Make sure you get enough rest today and boost up...

* But I sha mind your spacing and punctuations. lipsrsealed
thank you
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Polynek(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nice 1, but Bro U really need to improve your writing, I can't read one line without re-reading it again to understand your point
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Romanoff(f): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
First time I donated blood, it was for the wife of a church member who needed blood platelets. They needed blood from O+ and O-.

That's how we went to the hospital around 12am o.

When I saw the needle for drawing the blood, fear fes catch me cause I'm afraid of small needles, talk more of the one they use to draw blood wey wan be like straw.

Bottom line sha, before the bag full finish, this babe pass out o.

Na so them run comot the needle open peak milk give me to drink.

Will I do it again?

Never.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by wealthgoddess: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
I do this twice a year for my sister with sickle cell. Sometimes, thrice a year...and I have been doing this for 7years. By pipe OP meant a very very large needle. The pain is immensely sharp when they set it in but it disappears almost immediately too. The big prob however is if the lab tech guys couldn't hit your blood vessel in the first try...or sometimes, (like it once happened to me) if they pierce your blood vessel through!
Still OP is a great guy. More people should do this...be a mini god

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by kpakpankolo: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
wealthgoddess:
I do this twice a year for my sister with sickle cell. Sometimes, thrice a year...and I have been doing this for 7years. By pipe OP meant a very very large needle. The pain is immensely sharp when they set it in but it disappears almost immediately too. The big prob however is if the lab tech guys couldn't hit your blood vessel in the first try...or sometimes, (like it once happened to me) if they pierce your blood vessel through!
this is what you pass through 2 to 3 times every year, you are a living legend

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
wealthgoddess:

May God bless and keep both you and your sister.
Your efforts will never be in vain l’agbara Olorun.

Eating liver at least 2-3 times a week will be helpful to your sister.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
Romanoff:
First time I donated blood, it was for the wife of a church member who needed blood platelets. They needed blood from O+ and O-.

That's how we went to the hospital around 12am o.

When I saw the needle for drawing the blood, fear fes catch me cause I'm afraid of small needles, talk more of the one they use to draw blood wey wan be like straw.

Bottom line sha, before the bag full finish, this babe pass out o.

Na so them run comot the needle open peak milk give me to drink.

Will I do it again?

Never.

You’re probably haemophobic. grin
The good intention still counts though.
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by Romanoff(f): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’re probably haemophobic. grin
The good intention still counts though.

I can't just explained what happened that day cause I ticked all the boxes of a blood donor.

I sha wont do it again.
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by wealthgoddess: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

May God bless and keep both you and your sister.
Your efforts will never be in vain l’agbara Olorun.

Eating liver at least 2-3 times a week will be helpful to your sister.
Thanks Angel. We will try the liver thing. How did you know this?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by wealthgoddess: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
kpakpankolo:
this is what you pass through 2 to 3 times every year, you are a living legend
It's a matter of life sir. Sometimes when she's in crisis I won't even think about the pain...I just want her to get out of her own pains and be fine again. Sickle cell is a very scary thing.
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Thanks Angel. We will try the liver thing. How did you know this?

I stumbled upon it through research.
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by wealthgoddess: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

I stumbled upon it through research.
Thanks for sharing. Willing to try anything. For now we use ugwu extract. It helps to keep her blood level high even during crisis
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Thanks for sharing. Willing to try anything. For now we use ugwu extract. It helps to keep her blood level high even during crisis

You’re welcome.
Ugu is good too, but liver is more beneficial. Even better when cooked together.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by DaddyRochie1642: 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bombastically00:
Ur English sef cum worse...Which one is upside down grin

grin
Re: My Experience Of Donating Blood For The First Time by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
kpakpankolo:

So on last week mass at my church at St. Gerald catholic church Gbagada in lagos, the anoucement where made about blood donation that if you are interested you should come next Sunday prepared.

Is been conducted by Lagos State Blood Transfusion Service.
I have been thinking of donating blood one day and C Ronaldo is the person who moltivate me about that even tho I'm not his fan's.
So after today's mass I went down where they doing the donation and they gave me a form to fill, after that they tested me to know If i have enough blood which the nurse said that I have execs and they give malt to drink tefore they will draw the blood.

I hate needle but what this people bring out is pipe(big needle) which they use to draw the blood, when the pack is full, I started feeling dizzy the doctor told me to get up and take some water, when I was drinking the water the doctor showed me the blood which they draw from my body, when I saw it my body start to shake and the nurse by the side hold me after some seconds it stopped.
nothing big shaa if you have execs blood just go and donate many patients out need it. Good day

But why are hospitals selling blood that was freely donated by individuals

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Nsfw / Female Orgasm / Crush Stubborn Staphylococcus Aerus With This Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.