Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,940 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! (1418 Views)

I'm Contemplating Removing My Waist Beads. I Need Your Opinions. Pics Of Me With / Incest On The Rise In Nigeria. Share Your Experience / Do Good Friends Still Exist?� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria?
In My Opinion: In Nigeria, it isn't even worth having friends. With the high rate of unemployment and hardship, envy is real and it breeds danger, evil thoughts and deeds.
Just have mentors (online or offline) that will lead you through, and you would be fine.
Being in a sexual or romantic relationship with the other gender is even worse. It creates room for some unnecessary emotional feelings which are both distractive and destructive.
Just be focused and hustle for money to live a better life, be friendly to others, but don't befriend them, because they will betray, deceive and stab you at your back when you aren't watching.
And finally, observe your environment and roll with those who are smarter and higher than you so that they can help and pull you up to a greater level.
Share yours, let's learn together!

11 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Davash222(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
I keep my male friends close cos I believe them die... But, you see that other gender? Na only God go separate my quarrel with them.

4 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by SILENTandSMART2: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
You should have kept all this to yourself since no one asked you....

2 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Smartb0y: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
A very brilliant post

4 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Smartb0y: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
You should have kept all this to yourself since no one asked you....
i really hope you can see the irony in your comment

2 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Op, your head dey there, I tested a friend recently, I did as if I was extremely broke, he has accomodation problem so he was in my place, I told him I had only 1k with me, We used it as feeding that night, did you believe this guy went out the next morning and did no even contact me till evening not until night when he called that he was at someone's place, he ate this in the morning, another stuff in the afternoon and another stuff in the night, Lmao, he never came back to my place again and did not bother to contact me again, I was just happy because I cannot house and start feeding you as well, you no be cripple nah. They only be one your friend to share what you have at that time, moment it is finished, They are gone like fighter jets.

6 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
Smartb0y:
A very brilliant post
Davash222:
I keep my male friends close cos I believe them die... But, you see that other gender? Na only God go separate my quarrel with them.
That's it bro!

What I do is "be friendly to them, but don't befriend them".

I keep my ways to myself so that no one can use it against me behind my back.

Just hustle to get money, invest it to expand it in the future, and then live a low-key life so that you will be on the safe side; safe from Nigerian depressed niggars who no wan Hussle along.

And also don't give any girl shi shi. Money is unisex, let them hustle for theirs!

6 Likes

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Smartb0y: 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
Xenry:
That's it bro!

What I do is "be friendly to them, but don't befriend them".

I keep my ways to myself so that no one can use it against me behind my back.

Just hustle to get money, invest it to expand it in the future, and then live a low-key life so that you will be on the safe side; safe from Nigerian depressed niggars who no wan Hussle along.

And also don't give any girl shi shi. Money is unisex, let them hustle for theirs!
guy,you dey burst my brain.
its good knowing human being still exist

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Bombastically00(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Being in a sexual or romantic relationship with the other gender is even worse. It creates room for some unnecessary emotional feelings which are distractive and destructive. my gf laughed after reading this with me grin

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by SILENTandSMART2: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Smartb0y:
i really hope you can see the irony in your comment

Boss avoid me....
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lilsameey:
Op, your head dey there, I tested a friend recently, I did as if I was extremely broke, he has accomodation problem so he was in my place, I told him I had only 1k with me, We used it as feeding that night, did you believe this guy went out the next morning and did no even contact me till evening not until night when he called that he was at someone's place, he ate this in the morning, another stuff in the afternoon and another stuff in the night, Lmao, he never came back to my place again and did not bother to contact me again, I was just happy because I cannot house and start feeding you as well, you no be cripple nah. They only be one your friend to share what you have at that time, moment it is finished, They are gone like fighter jets.
Lol... He just showed you his true color. I believe that people wear fake masks and that only through "testing" can it be removed to reveal their true faces.
That's why I don't get too close to some people, I just keep myself to myself, and let them know only what is necessary. Lol! That's life, and it is what it is!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
Smartb0y:
guy,you dey burst my brain.
its good knowing human being still exist

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bombastically00:
Being in a sexual or romantic relationship with the other gender is even worse. It creates room for some unnecessary emotional feelings which are distractive and destructive. my gf laughed after reading this with me grin
lol grin
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by MufasaLion: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Yes, making friends worth it but making the right friends is the key. I got real Gees!

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by MufasaLion: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
Davash222:

Lol

Having female friends is really cool, bro. You just gotta be smart and make sure no emotion is involved.

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by SportsHD: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
I don't get too close to people. Except my business partners. Even with them, I watch out and don't have an iota of looseguardness in me.

By the way, I think Xenry and chatinent are the same person. The niggar just switches personality. grin

I mean, with the way you two write, kinda looks alike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2021
Xenry:
Lol... He just showed you his true color. I believe that people wear fake masks and that only through "testing" can it be removed to reveal their true faces.
That's why I don't get too close to some people, I just keep myself to myself, and let them know only what is necessary. Lol! That's life, and it is what it is!
,..Facts, I swear, One thing about me, If someone is trying to get close to me, I will do something and predict their reactions or their next steps. Calculating ahead helps a lot.

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Nezzjnr: 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Davash222:
Still be very careful sha
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by aktolly54(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
@op you are right. People dont appreciate things anymore. They believe once you do something for them, you do it for God , fine ,thats actually good but they don't really think deep when they have things and try to show appreciation and be good in return. SUCH BEHAVIOR PISS ME OFF. Am not angel but when you did me a favor ,I will try and reciprocate back in case we fight tomorrow,you won't have any reason to CALL me ingrate.

PS: some Christian do have that mentality as well, they pray that their helper shouldn't sleep until they help them and use Mordecai in the bible as example, they don't know Mordecai already save a king life in the past, before King just reason his matter overnight and repay him back .

BOTTOM LINE IS ,people shouldn't expect much from a friend or anyone who you never lend hand to, and people should cultivate habit of repaying good back

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol

Having female friends is really cool, bro. You just gotta be smart and make sure no emotion is involved.
,...That can only make sense with females that are into a legit hustle and it's paying big time but not with the females we have today, Most of them are not ready to reason like that, I have business friends not personal, Females and males that make millions from freelancing online, But our friendship is just on a business level.
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by MufasaLion: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lilsameey:
,...That can only make sense with females that are into a legit hustle and it's paying big time but not with the females we have today, Most of them are not ready to reason like that, I have business friends not personal, Females and males that make millions from freelancing online, But our friendship is just on a business level.

Lol

Of course, I wasn't talking about all these "Ajoke Apparel," "Anike Coutoure," "Shade Collections." etc.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol

Of course, I wasn't talking about all these "Ajoke Apparel," "Anike Coutoure," "Shade Collections." etc.

grin grin grin
,..Lmaoooo grin grin grin, All those pre-order and home delivery grin
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by MufasaLion: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lilsameey:
,..Lmaoooo grin grin grin, All those pre-order and home delivery grin

Not from my mouth. grin grin grin
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Bluewitch(f): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lilsameey:

Omor...
I've learnt my lesson....
I can't take care of anyone in my house...
The last time I tried it, fire burnt my palms.
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
SportsHD:
I don't get too close to people. Except my business partners. Even with them, I watch out and don't have an iota of looseguardness in me.

By the way, I think Xenry and chatinent are the same person. The niggar just switches personality. grin
I mean, with the way you two write, kinda looks alike.
That's it bro! Wahala for who don looseguard.
Ummm, No! We are two different persons cool. Xenry no dey two for Nairaland, na only me ooo! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bluewitch:

Omor...
I've learnt my lesson....
I can't take care of anyone in my house...
The last time I tried it, fire burnt my palms.

,...Lmaoooo,...I hope your palms are healed now. Human are becoming dangerous day by day, the innocents turn devilish within seconds.

1 Like

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Bluewitch(f): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lilsameey:
,...Lmaoooo,...I hope your palms are healed now. Human are becoming dangerous day by day, the innocents turn devilish within seconds.

Yeah they're healed...

Sometimes its necessary to enforce some boundaries that way people will be cautious when dealing with you.
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Lilsameey: 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bluewitch:

Yeah they're healed...

Sometimes its necessary to enforce some boundaries that way people will be cautious when dealing with you.
Sure.
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Xenry: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by depato88(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2021
Op you nailed it

Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Sonnobax15(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
My nigha man for my front but my kill-joy behind my back..... Mennnnnnnn,at this point in time,I don't think having too many friends is a good thing for my life.......when everywhere good,dem go many..But when e venture cast small,na then you go know the kind nigha men wey you get..
Re: Is Making Friends Still Worth It In Nigeria? Share your opinions! by Ushman333: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2021
Poor man needs and hides his money, middle class need ways to invest, big man need other things. Act by your level.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Get Married / Malia And Sasha Obama Have All Grown Up / Your Thought On Guys With Baby Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.