Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) (9560 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Relocating To Senegal With Family / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Happychioma: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kindly keep us posted on the way and manner you were able to settle down.

Also, was there any form of visa interview scheduled at the embassy before you are issued visa with your family?
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by tombeck: 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hello. Evergreen, did you went as a student or as your wife's dependant?

EvergreenDiarie:
Hi, you can call me Evergreen, this thread will be my diary for a family of 4 traveling to UK with student visa.

My wife is the one going for her masters and she will going with our little girl by December 2021 while my little boy and I will join her later by febuary 2022. She was recently given unconditional admission and CAS was sent to her too, so by 26/10/2021 we are going to make payment for her school fee then proceed for our funding of our accounts and TB test.

Pls I am not to good in writing but for this thread I will try my best cool

This thread is to enlighten other prospective students and those moving along with their family as well. Pls I don't know much about traveling or international education and I am not a traveling agent too.

I am only here to share my experience on this journey that is set before us, God's willing, I be updating this thread with all the whole processes in writing, pictures and videos too from Nigeria to UK and will go ahead to share our daily life experience when we get there God's will cool grin grin

You contributions are always welcome, I will keep updating as we progress.
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Kemmiie(f): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good evening everyone? Please forgive me for posting this on this thread, My family Friend who had recently applied for student visa is yet to get a response on her application, her school had resumed since March 2022 though she's been attending online lectures with no response to her visa application ,she sent a paid mail to them to get an update but they responded back with a decision has been made and she should wait for 10 working days or something . The same 10 working days is passed and over and she still haven't heard from them , I just need an answer to how long it takes to now get a student visa and also what do we do to get a response on her application , we are all worried and It's appears that the process is now taking a longer time. I would appreciate if someone that put in for April/March program 2022and has received a response on visa application would respond to my concern. Thank you it's urgent guys!!!
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Xtah: 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
@evergreen. Congratulations to you and your family. Reading your post today gave me courage. Looking forward to read more from you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by dadsonade7: 1:31am On Jul 02, 2022
Good evening good people here.Please I want to know if it is possible to do waiver at the UK embassy.
What I mean is the possibility of erasing my former data I submitted in 2019..

I now have fresh information from the ones i used that time.

Please I need a sincere advice contribution from anyone who had experience such before
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by mcsugk(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
EvergreenDiarie:
And so, on Tuesday 80/03/2022 will complete 2 weeks that we arrived this white man's world and it has been so interesting all along. To settle down for someone with a family is one of the hardest thing to do, you will have your cash ready to get an apartment but most landlords won't want family or student and what made it worst is, I am not yet working due to my BRP needs some correction.

So pls have it in remembrance that to settle in Southwales, UK is one of their hardest time to do but apart from that, the place is peaceful, moderate life style, you be big man, na for your pocket.

When I settled fully I will resume updating fully.
EvergreenDiarie:
We flew Qatar, I went with my son of 6 years+ and my daughter of 1 yr 8 months+

I was given luggage allowance: 23 x 2 and hand luggage of 7k
My son of 6 years got same luggage allowance as mine
My Daughter got 23kg luggage allowance
[quote author=EvergreenDiarie post=110392494]We flew Qatar, I went with my son of 6 years+ and my daughter of 1 yr 8 months+

Pls how much in total did it cost u and ur family to run everytin both ur flight, half tuition fees, flight ticket and other tins

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
[quote author=mcsugk post=114580142][/quote]Sorry for the late reply, I hardly come here for update. Pls I will have to revisit where I wrote it all down then I will post it here.
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
Well, I don't know much about these things but u can as well ask your agent.
dadsonade7:
Good evening good people here.Please I want to know if it is possible to do waiver at the UK embassy.
What I mean is the possibility of erasing my former data I submitted in 2019..

I now have fresh information from the ones i used that time.

Please I need a sincere advice contribution from anyone who had experience such before
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Xtah:
@evergreen. Congratulations to you and your family. Reading your post today gave me courage. Looking forward to read more from you
thanks boss
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Adejuliet(f): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
Wow... Congratulations EvergreenDiarie and I want to believe you and your family are settling down well.

Please I just checked the University of Wales Website and part of their Requirement is IELTS. I want to know if you also wrote IELTS during your time or if your wife did.

I will be waiting for your reply. Thanks
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by kolagbemi(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2022
Adejuliet:
Wow... Congratulations EvergreenDiarie and I want to believe you and your family are settling down well.

Please I just checked the University of Wales Website and part of their Requirement is IELTS. I want to know if you also wrote IELTS during your time or if your wife did.

Adejuliet:

I believe all UK universities doesn't require IELTS from a Nigeria graduate. All you need is a C6 in WAEC/NECO. I hope this helps.

Check this link
https://www.southwales.ac.uk/international/your-country/nigeria/
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Adejuliet(f): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2022
kolagbemi:
I believe all UK universities doesn't require IELTS from a Nigeria graduate. All you need is a C6 in WAEC/NECO. I hope this helps.

Check this link
https://www.southwales.ac.uk/international/your-country/nigeria/

Thanks so much Sir/Ma
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by akosh005: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2022
EvergreenDiarie:
Hi, you can call me Evergreen, this thread will be my diary for a family of 4 traveling to UK with student visa.

My wife is the one going for her masters and she will going with our little girl by December 2021 while my little boy and I will join her later by febuary 2022. She was recently given unconditional admission and CAS was sent to her too, so by 26/10/2021 we are going to make payment for her school fee then proceed for our funding of our accounts and TB test.

Pls I am not to good in writing but for this thread I will try my best cool

This thread is to enlighten other prospective students and those moving along with their family as well. Pls I don't know much about traveling or international education and I am not a traveling agent too.

I am only here to share my experience on this journey that is set before us, God's willing, I be updating this thread with all the whole processes in writing, pictures and videos too from Nigeria to UK and will go ahead to share our daily life experience when we get there God's will cool grin grin

You contributions are always welcome, I will keep updating as we progress.
Happy new month. I hope you have fully settled down and enjoying your stay. Pls can you give a break down of the cost from POF and others
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hi, it's been long time since I visited here, many people have asked me about accommodation so I put up this video out, do it is not 100% ok but I believe u will lean one or two things on the video about UK accomodation before coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmzxS4JaIBI

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ok, I will take my time to do this
akosh005:

Happy new month. I hope you have fully settled down and enjoying your stay. Pls can you give a break down of the cost from POF and others
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Zammuell: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a shared room or student halls, preferably close to the Manchester Metropolitan university or anywhere around Manchester
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 28, 2022
djsmacker01:
I also got unconditional offer South Wales.
Booking for my TB Test soon before commencing my payment
Good evening, please how is it like studying university of South Wales

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
It very good, very conducive environment, lovely lecturers and good staff
imadiyi:

Good evening, please how is it like studying university of South Wales
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2022
EvergreenDiarie:
It very good, very conducive environment, lovely lecturers and good staff
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate.

Please, I have a few questions to ask you, Boss.

1. What is the cost of accomodation pppw/ per month?

2. Is there part time jobs available for USW students in South Wales?

3. Is university of South Wales (USW) and its certificate highly rated by local and international companies/employers in Wales and the entire UK?

4. I'm interested in Data Science MSc, please, can you help me ask your wife, to ask students studying MSc data science, if their lectures are great and competitive in meeting Job-market's demand?

Thank you, as I await your kind and prompt response.

Warm regards,

1 Like

Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ajosewale07: 5:46am On Dec 08, 2022
Good morning house.. how do you sort for accomodations in south Wales
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by Ajosewale07: 5:49am On Dec 08, 2022
@evergreendarie sorry for disturbing pls how did u sort for accomodation and job pls can u share or if I can get your number I will appreciate
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by EvergreenDiarie: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2022
Accommodation is a big issue here as UK still have their doors wide open for student and work visas. Options:

1. If you have friend or family here they could help you to arrange for a place prior your arrival.
2. You can get a shared apartment to start with ( not advisable for family )
2. You could book an AirBnB or hotel before arrival.

When you get here, you can then get a job and start looking out to move to your desired accommodation but you need a full time job to get an accommodation that is not shared.

When you just arrived, don't just wait to get your desired job, you can even start as a factory worker which is very easy to get, it helps you to get on your feet faster then you can go for your desired job later.
Ajosewale07:
@evergreendarie sorry for disturbing pls how did u sort for accomodation and job pls can u share or if I can get your number I will appreciate
Re: Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates ) by sethhigg: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
University of South Wales telegram group: https:///+ltOwOpSt1vQxMzZk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traffic Advisory: Lagos Women's Run Holds November 12th, 2022 (Tomorrow). / Any ZOO In Lagos? / Am Going To Serbia.. Any Nigerian In Serbia. Or Friend Of A Friend. PLEASE Holla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.