Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54506 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

A called off marriage, is better than a divorce...... The moment you marry an abuser, you have granted him a free licence, to continually abuse you..........

Best to remain single and happy, than married and sad......

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Candidlady: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Call of the mariage!

all the red flags abi you dey colour blind?

men the worst thing that ever happened to earth
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by cucumbar: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

grin who send you?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by royalamour(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
Please call it off. It is better that way. Don't enter into hell with your eyes open biko.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
Ynix:
Cancel the wedding for your life sake. [s]On the day of the wedding travel to a friend's place and stay[/s], or call off the wedding mentioning the area of being beaten. If it is true then you are going into self murder

That one na money wastage for both families. And no one would give any listening ears to her excuses again. I support the other one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by tfelicityk(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
Why the rush then?
Why wasting resources and time when you discovered that you don't love him anymore?
Why don't you call it off?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Babaken(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
You have told us his bad side let's hear his good side.
You can also tell us your bad and good side so that we can balance the equation. Marriage is never a bed of roses.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by eniteden(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
A broken � relationship is better than a broken � marriage. cry
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by victorazy(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

If you die tomorrow (God forbid) your blood is not in anybody hand.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nonexisting1: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?
Brother man, hold on a little. Have you asked why she had stayed with the "bad man" for so long now and still went ahead to fix the date of their wedding? Wedding is a process which must have started from the villages long time ago but it is not until few weeks to the wedding that she is realizing that she is getting married to a monster. She is not ready to tell us the whole story yet.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Yankee101: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
You better run now if you truly feel this way and it's not just wedding jitters
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by rave1040: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
If you are happy you better call it off. Nobody is forcing you to marry.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by OgwuEgo: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Mumu better look for work and feed yourself
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Pussywar(f): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Your next step depends on you to be honest. You can only decide to remove the shame you’ve attached to calling your wedding off. I wish everyone else would stop living for people’s validation. This wouldn’t even be a problem.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Rexymania(m): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Haaa you're about to make a grave mistake
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Preciousppearl(f): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Why do u want to get married to this guy?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MeghaneMorgane(f): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2021
How did you let yourself get to this point madam. ?

How did you not see all these thing before you got to this point?
Like how undecided?

If I were in your shoes, I no go do. My peace is my priority. If I’m not at peace, I won’t continue.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by PureNuel: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2021
Wahala
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by chukwuibuipob: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2021
sad It is better she let her family/the nut family knw now rather than let her parents/friends waste their money on Aso Ebi,food etc
Ynix:

Cancel the wedding for your life sake. On the day of the wedding travel to a friend's place and stay, or call off the wedding mentioning the area of being beaten. If it is true then you are going into self murder

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kajaard: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You are not ready then.

Because you can't stand the shame from society you want to go into a marriage that probably will not work out?

Why do we live our lives for others and care so much what the world thinks of us?

Fvck people's opinions.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by arantess: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Geestarry:

Run!!
LOL
if she runs, the man will pursue, catch her and beat her some more

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by mannasseh(m): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2021
don't call it off, na for here we go read the news on how he killed you. if you like dont have sense
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by creepsyme(f): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I beg you with the name of God call off the wedding otherwise regret will be inevitable.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Angelfrost(m): 10:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Shame?!! What shame?!?..

You mean you value public opinion more than your life, health and well-being?!!... Interesting.

Since that's the case, enjoy your abusive marriage ahead!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by arantess: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

e be like the man hold too much money, na wetin make
pray you dont wake up dead
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Trumann: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2021
They will beat you to death and all we will say is RIP
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ashirioluwa: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2021
Made up story
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by SocialJustice: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Your shame or your life, which will you choose? Will you rather die than live in shame or will rather be alive and live in shame temporarily but you get to live a happy life free of your current shackles?

Refuse to be overwhelmed, breath and answer the questions honestly, let your answer guide your next actions.

I've seen 2 weddings called of, the guys pulled the plug on D day. No one died, everyone moved on.

I wish you the best.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by chossy: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2021
My sister don't be force into marriage is better to be single than in a dead marriage if the man is beating u now what will happen if u are inside the marriage. Take your decision a Wait for the right man for u
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Opeyemiextra(f): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2021
It obvious you know it's not going to work especially for you. Lucky for you, you have seen and experienced first hand what you are scared the union will be from your write up. Save yourself some pain, actually a lot of pain. Save your children from growing up in a toxic environment and yourself a life of regret.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kaypaparino(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Lady! Lady!! Lady!!!. How many times did I call you. You saw and experienced death on 2 occasions and you knew it yourself that the man and so call marriage doesn't suit your heart and you're shocking your head. I don't know why some people are not mindful of their lives and future. So you prefer doing the wedding and divorce to cancelling the wedding when you have good reasons to give people. Okay .. continue. . I pity your family

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by addexx: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Shame for a few months or suffering for a lifetime. You decide.

I think you're caught up in decision fatigue.

Solution to this is taking a deep breath, count one to 5, then call off the wedding. Period. No second thoughts. You're out you're out. You won't die.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom / Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Dabbing Madness Taking Over Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.