Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54509 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Major8: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Op I don’t know the real circumstances which is making it difficult for you to call of this but it’s obvious this man won’t ever change. Things will get worse when you are both married. Society won’t be there to suffer with you . Op I have so much in my heart to say to you but I can’t in as much as I want to cuz I feel ur pains deeply. If things doesn’t feel right with you please don’t go ahead
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MartinsD12(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

You know all these and you still want to continue with the marriage because of what people will say clearly shows you are childish, behave so immature and not mentally fit for marriage, what people will say over your life that's the most foolish and senseless thing I have ever seen here on nairaland
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by queenfav(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Call am off o.. Marriage is for life,a lifetime is a long time to be unhappy.Better do it now for your own good!Abusers never change, take it from me!At least he has showed u he is a woman beater,so you are in luck.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MummyD2020(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

If u cant stand the shame of calling it off, then u have signed up to live a whole life time in misery. U better face the shame now. Nobody send u msg, i swear no one thinks about ur welfare as much as u do. Emotional turmoil is worse than physical torture. Secondly i dont know ur age. But be it as it may, u need to damn what people think and face ur challenges HEAD ON. Do what is best for you. You know u can never be happy so that should be ur motivation to DAMN what people think. They aint in ur shoes. If i hear or see a thread, 'i regret my marriage', i go send more e-frustrations ur way.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Hier(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Will you be able to stand the shame of divorce??

Your story is like the frog that's about to boil to death, but it keeps adjusting to the temperature of the water when it was warm, water gets hotter, eventually it has no more strength to jump out of the water when the boil gets hotter
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Salt06(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
You don't have to continue this way, you mean you have no one amongst your siblings/ friends / loved ones to confide in that can help you loud this whole thing? Thats not cool. one reason im not cool with ladies that are too into themselves... sadly domineering men love ladies they can dominate, manipulate and intimidate- a defination of witchcraft. Have u seen an American movie (based on a true story) called pastor's wife?
She ended up mistakenly killing him her domineering/ intimidating husband in defense I'm sure u dont want to do that and ruin your life and end up in prison prolly leaving your innocent kids without parents...
Think think think and act fast...
U can hit me up if you want to talk about how to go about this. Don't worry, we can use msgs only- im far north.

My dear, you decision now determines if you will not add to the tragic statistic of happenings in sad marriages...

May God see you through...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by stephenponti(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You have listed your side of the story about your relationship with him, but we cannot judge the case based on one-sided story. We need the story from the other side of the coin so that we can make informed decision to advise you. Are you a good person what made him to lay his hand on you the two occasions, are you in any way being nasty to him, are you rude to him, do you respect him enough as a man or do you deride him based on maybe his financial capability and capacity. Is he faithful to you do you suspect him of infidelity prior to this time, have you accused him wrongly before, Is your mouth very forward in interactions with him? these things are what can make a man raises his hand against a woman.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Abikeade11(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

[color=#000000][/color] For how many years have you been in this relationship? Are you just knowing all this? Three weeks to wedding and you don't what to do , don't even know what to say, I pray you find peace whichever path you choose.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by jos4kay: 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Don't because of 2 beating in the past cancel your wedding. The man might have realized his mistake and vowed never to raise hand against women again

I once beat my gf now my wife, that time she really needed that slap to reset her mode. Since I never beat her.

Women need resetting once in a while. You never told us what you did to warrant only 2 beating in 4 years relationship
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Felalucky8(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding but you can stand the shame and pain of divorce. I nor sure say sense dey your head. You don't even know what you want or what you're doing else you would do the right thing
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by delezac(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
God is giving you a sign. May you not realize the importance of this warning from the grave. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Xscape1993(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Is marriage a do or die affair? Getting marry to a wrong person is worse than death.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by JBoss25(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Im surprised this babe never chop insults like that from the comments, it's surprising
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by generalwo(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2021
U want to get married.... U can't call it off... Which kind advise u come need? The advise we can give u is to either stay in the marriage or call it off but you already made it clear you don't want to do either of them so what do u want us to tell u now? Madam it's better u leave now wen person never die..... At least both of u will be alive to greet each other in the future.......
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Goldiness: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You about to go down badly, if what you wrote is true and how you feel about this marriage is true, call it off before it cut your life short in the future, I think you should weigh your shame and what you will face in the marriage and see which one is better in action for you to take, since you are ashamed of been happy in life. The choice is up to you to make.

Good luck!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by nedekid: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Seems he has money undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MummyD2020(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?

I laf at strong dick. E fit be oooo

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Rimsd(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Is it not better you call off the wedding than dying or being disfigured for life before the divorce you're thinking of??

Or is there something you're not telling us...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by meobizy(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Don’t show up for the wedding. How hard is it? Two years from now you’ll appear here claiming you want to divorce your then husband. Marriage is a long relationship, comot if the thing tire you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by blachawk(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

He won't change.......better to end the relationship now that you have the chance
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Richy4(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2021
seyz91:
I don't believe this shiit undecided

sound so unreak undecided

fabricated

imagine the nonsense thread i wokeup to read the early monday morning undecided

i need go back to sleep

It is real.. the guy has been beating her since February...She created a thread about it... She refused to listen to voice of reason... I guess she was enjoying the beating sad

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by poiZon: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

They r some apps that are embedded in a phone, custom Apps, they r some u download, nobody download it for u, na u see amnfor google play store, download am.
Abeg this man na custom app or na u download am by ur self?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by UpperRoom: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2021
Be bold to call of the wedding. There is no shame in it, given your reasons. If he can do these before marriage, do you think you can survive in the marriage. Your life and Happiness is a priority. God help you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Felabrity: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2021
You better call it off if you can't live the rest of your live with him
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by akanke79: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You are getting married to a narcissist.It is better you prezend to be sick and check into the hospital on admission so the wedding can be postponed.A naricissist will rathet maim or kill you,if you ever sought a divorce.

Your life is more important than the disgrace your family will face.You also need to relocate to another area or city where your fiance can never find you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Drella(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Must we tell you everything?
Suffer no dey tire you?
Is anybody threatening you that you must marry him?
Broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Did anyone force u into the marriage? Anyway, Congratulaion! U are getting married to Brock Lesnar.
The Beast Incarnate.. grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Mom007(f): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Look sis, just run away! Gather some money and take off! Run to osun state or something and just start a new life. You see that domestic violence of a thing... Huge deal breaker! Marriage has so many ups and downs...(coming from someone who has been married 9years to the most generous, caring, non violent soul). So many times you will just be at each others necks and if his default setting is to beat you, my dear, prepare for a life of being a punching bag because marriage makes it worse! Don't do it sis. You will regret it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by JAYYD: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
My dear sister, i will advice you call it off now, i am talking from experience, what will people say, killed me, i dont want to be a product of a broken marriage also did, until i took that courage to leave
Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by od501: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Your story is one-sided ma'am. You said he beats you, what warranted the beating. Cos a man can't wake up one morning and beating a woman. You said he doesn't gave the mind of his own, how exactly? Cos I don't see anything wrong in a man taking a good advise from his family and friends.
And when you said he doesn't know how to treat a woman, you mean sex-wise? Or he has refused to be a woman wrapper. Please elaborate before the elders could come in.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MissThaur(f): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Please I beg you in God's name, call the wedding off and don't get trapped in a horrible union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom / Dabbing Madness Taking Over Nigeria (pics) / Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.