Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

How To Invest In US Stocks From Nigeria – How I Invest $1,000 Or Less! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Invest In US Stocks From Nigeria – How I Invest $1,000 Or Less! (278 Views)

Us Stocks Pick Alert / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria / Invest $1 And Receive $21 In Two Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Invest In US Stocks From Nigeria – How I Invest $1,000 Or Less! by nairaab: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2021
How to Invest in US Stocks from Nigeria – How I Invest $1,000 or less!

https://anthonyex.com/how-to-invest-in-us-stocks-from-nigeria-how-to-invest-1000/

In this article I’ll quickly show you how to invest in US stocks from Nigeria, what you should know before you do invest, and how I am investing in the US Stock market.

If you’re new to the website, welcome and if you’re returning welcome back, I’d love it if you could share this so more people can benefit from this article. Without further ado, let’s get to it.

The first thing you want to know is what is your reason for investing.
Before I move on, I want to say that this article is for educational purposes, I’m not qualified to give investment advice so these are sort of risks I’m taking to show you guys as an example.

So why are you investing?

Well, according to an article from Royal Bank, Owning stocks can help you build your savings, protect your money from inflation and taxes, and maximize income from your investments.

They are risky and you should only invest in what you understand and the portion of income you don’t need for emergency purposes. So still on the article, the first part is about Building your savings.

You can save money by investing in stocks which is a more advanced way in a sense. It is known that stock prices tend to rise overtime so saving your money in an asset class that might actually go up in value is super beneficial and can pay off in the long run.

Although, the stock market fluctuates a lot, you don’t want to treat this like you’re gambling, you actually want to take a long term view. If you look at the charts of many strong companies or corporations, they have historically risen or smoothened out over a long period.

Also, this idea of growing your money can infact help you stay protected from inflation.

We all know how the Naira has gone from the 300 Naira to a Dollar all the way to 500 Naira to a Dollar this year. So you see, cost of living has gone higher. The dollar price did not change at all but because I earn in Naira, I am forced to pay more for the same value.

If you are ready to earn in Dollars, join our affiliate program

There are also some companies with stocks that pay you dividends, which is a distribution of a portion of the company’s profits to shareholders like you, for having shares in the company. Not all stocks will pay dividends but some do.

Okay, so how am I investing in US Stocks from Nigeria?
I’ve covered this, I think twice before but now, there are many apps like Bamboo, Risevest which I’ve talked about before, there are many others as well but the one I’ll be using is Trove.

Trove let’s you invest in publicly traded stocks in Nigeria, China and the US.

You can get access to stocks, ETFS, REITs and bonds. You can fund your account easily with Naira or Dollars and that’s just what I did AND fun fact, if you download the app, you get a free stock from GTBank or Dangote Sugar

Trove takes a 1% service fee, it’s more from some brokers but essentially this is how they make money by helping you execute your trade in the US Stock market.

I bough the same amount in TESLA, Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple, I invested in these companies because they are all tech companies, I’ve been involved in technology for almost 5 years of my sort of professional career so I kind of have a fair knowledge of how these companies operate.

Again, you want to invest in quality companies that you understand and you have reasons to believe their brand values. I also did invest in the S&P 500 which is what is called an index. Think of it like a basket of stocks and this basket consists of the top 500 companies in the US.

Again, investing in the US stock market or any other stock market is a way of future proofing your cash, rather than letting it stay in a bank account and letting it get bank charges and more.

Again guys, this piece is more for the purpose of education

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arbitrage In Nigeria + 110k Plus Made Today + My Live Withdrawal Video / Which Of The Nigeria Banks Can I Approach For Investment Advice / What Is Your Savings Goal For 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.