Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. (21194 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nothing fit carry me go computer village for this life.never.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by SavageResponse(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
Darkseid:
Nigerian banks are just too useless. People have been complaining about thieves using their stolen SIM card to purchase airtime but till now they've refused to do anything about it.

It's not banks that issue SIM cards so what do you want them to do about ity?!

Besides you people have been warned times without number to activate password on your SIM card especially if it's linked to your bank account!
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by GetMeRight: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
Calicoe:

Please don't listen to this man. Oga how can you advice him to go to the police? They will only collect money from you and you won't get any result Trust me. Just let it go and count your losses instead of letting the police add to your misery. This is coming from someone who was trying to track someone who absconded with my money. The biggest mistake I made was involving the police. I provided vital informations like his two phone numbers that still connects till date, his bank details(incase they want to track him through the bank). Yet no result. The only thing that changed with the person was that he moved out of the neighbourhood he was staying yet the police couldn't find him although I'm quite sure they just collected my money and did nothing. The money I gave the police was lesser than the one I was hoping to retrieve but it was the one that hurts most when I lost it to the police. That is why you should just let it go because the police is not going to help you

You see now! Tracking a stolen phone and using police to track your debtor has become the same thing?
My brother lost his phone (not stolen), we involved the police and got the phone back after about 5 months that the phone came back online plus the money he paid for the tracking and transport to the town where the arrest was made.
My ex driver found a touchlight phone in his motor and instead of returning it, he removed the sim and put his own in it. The owner involved the police and it was tracked, he was arrested and made to pay for the phone, the money paid for the tracking and of course the police "service".
Quite a lots of people who tracked their phones got it back while many are still pending for various reasons (like phones not coming online, phones tracked to very far distances and things like that).
Police are usually motivated because of one thing, the money they are going to make the thieves pay once they are arrested.

Copy: danieldinho
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Calicoe: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
GetMeRight:

You see now! Tracking a stolen phone and using police to track your debtor has become the same thing?
My brother lost his phone (not stolen), we involved the police and got the phone back after about 5 months that the phone came back online plus the money he paid for the tracking and transport to the town where the arrest was made.
My ex driver found a touchlight phone in his motor and instead of returning it, he removed the sim and put his own in it. The owner involved the police and it was tracked, he was arrested and made to pay for the phone, the money paid for the tracking and of course the police "service".
Quite a lots of people who tracked their phones got it back while many are still pending for various reasons (like phones not coming online, phones tracked to very far distances and things like that).
Police are usually motivated because of one thing, the money they are going to make the thieves pay once they are arrested.

You guys were fortunate to meet a set of police who were determined to give you result. But if you are not lucky, you will meet the type I met who were just after the money I payed them. Two active numbers yet no result. If the numbers were not going, I would understand that tracking him would be impossible. The fact is I don't trust the police
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by melexchi(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
always turn on sim lock, that will help prevent loss of funds from both ur bank and other money app like Binance and more
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Tunagee(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

You're right. Interestingly, you can't steal a Samsung phone and use it. I just need to login to my Samsung plus account and lock the phone with the imei

Splendid
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Blackdisciple(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
southniyikaye:
Nigeria, a country where man eat man to survive..

Honestly bro...
We live like those animals in the wild in Kenyan bushes "EAT OR BE EATEN"
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by adebaba5: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
Assuming the sim is MTN(I think its similar with other networks).
Most time they recharge directly to your number(alert sim) since they don't know your ussd pin. They then try transferring that airtime to a different number( that is if you don't have an existing share n sell pin) but if you have created a transfer pin they will opt for the option of data gifting as there is no password required for such transaction.
Give your network provider a call or visit their walk in centre and ask them to give you the number the data was gifted to.
Maybe it will help you in some way.
Phone tracking will be difficult as most of these thieves can tweak the original IMEI to evade tracking and the phone needs to be ON and there needs to be simcard in it or internet connection
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by daewoorazer(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
saddler:

I dont like replying miscreants like you.
Didn't you see " sorry for your loss in my reply"?

And what has computer village go to do with the story he narrated?

This happened at Ikeja under the bridge or along Awolowo way.

Was his phone picked inside the technology market?

Look at all these secondary school dropouts insulting everybody on a faceless forum. I am sure you won’t dare look into my face if you see me physically.

Have a good day boy!
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by saddler: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
daewoorazer:

Look at all these secondary school dropouts insulting everybody on a faceless forum. I am sure you won’t dare look into my face if you see me physically.

Have a good day boy!

Thunder fire you and your physicality.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by danieldinho: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
GetMeRight:

copied thanks for the useful info, i already contacted a police officer at irt, he told me to p be atient for the phone to come online again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Tapout(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
The few occasions I've been to computer village, my outfit was a black baseball cap, black sunshades, black polo, black pants (trouser) and a black pair of sneakers.

E get why.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by GetMeRight: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
Calicoe:

You guys were fortunate to meet a set of police who were determined to give you result. But if you are not lucky, you will meet the type I met who were just after the money I payed them. Two active numbers yet no result. If the numbers were not going, I would understand that tracking him would be impossible.
I fear for the crop of men these days The fact is I don't trust the police

Majority of Nigerians don't either. I told you their motivation already
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by mbourie(m): 12:54am On Oct 27, 2021
becky39000:

You cannot connect 1 Bluetooth device to two phones at a time

I have connected it to one local airpod before (the airpod was stolen later at my fiancee's place of work). I kept the left one inside the wireless casing, connected the right one to my device, while the left one was later brought out from the casing and was connected to my second phone....
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by John360comng: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2021
sheggsliveth:
So sorry bro, next time password your SIM they won't get access to it.
How do we password our sims?
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by John360comng: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2021
femi4:
On your Android device homepage

Navigate and click on Settings
Scroll to select Security
Click on set up SIM Card LOCK.
Click on the LOCK SIM Card.
Insert MTN default SIM Card PIN, 00000
Tap on ” CHANGE SIM Card PIN” to change the default pin to your unique 4-digit pin
Confirm your 4-digits unique pin
Power off and on to check if SIM PIN is activated

This worked.

Thanks.
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by Dshocker(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
danieldinho:
no dis afternoon around 1.20 pm

In broad daylight?
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by sureinfo: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kindness218:

How much please and location
it's about $29 or so, just visit this link to make your order. https://ng.oraimo.com/products/oraimo-freepods-3-tws-true-wireless-stereo-earbuds
Re: My Ordeal At Computer Village Today. by mbourie(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
becky39000:

You cannot connect 1 Bluetooth device to two phones at a time

With Edifier TWS NB2 Pro you can.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nokia Maps / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.