Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? (20538 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by prosperioh(m): 3:32am On Oct 26, 2021
A colleague wants to use my phone to borrow loan from one of these loan apps( fairmoney) because he doesn't have a smart phone. He will download the app, register with his details, collect the loan, then i can delete the app. Please is there any harm in that? Make i no go enter trouble say i one help person.
Modified
Before making this post, the person started the process but could not complete it due to paystack error,he went to bank to sort that out yesterday and has called me to pls come today, this is when i started having double mind. Can i just delete the app (I already granted those permission they requested).

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by philGeo(m): 3:42am On Oct 26, 2021
Yes sir, they will get access to your contact and if he did not pay in time they will also send messages to them but your name and details will not appear but the problem is that someone get access to your contacts.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by bumait(f): 6:01am On Oct 26, 2021
please don't allow this, I repeat DONT ALLOW THIS. the same situation happened to me like presently she has refused to pay and av been getting calls from them tirelessly and have been forced to pay the loan myself to save myself the embarrassment and the said person has refused to pick my calls

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by prosperioh(m): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2021
Did the person use ur number as guarantor?
bumait:
please don't allow this, I repeat DONT ALLOW THIS. the same situation happened to me like presently she has refused to pay and av been getting calls from them tirelessly and have been forced to pay the loan myself to save myself the embarrassment and the said person has refused to pick my calls

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by kalu61(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2021
bumait:
kpele

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
Op,you be future debtor, PERIOD!!! grin

19 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by tradepunter: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by sammysmiles(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
SAPA-Severe absence of purchasing Ability

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Mogajunior(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
cool
Just trade carefully man.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by DoggoneDogg: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
An OTP will be sent by the app to verify the phone number and this is how your number will be gotten.

If you still want to go ahead, remove your SIM so that the person uses his/her own SIM (& Google account).

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by jericco1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
Bros don't ever allow such even though na your father no gree.

What if the person defaults? You phone contacts is what they'll access

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by BlackPantherxXx: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
grin

No harm. BUT

Your next address might be;

No 419, Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons.

[img]https://c./ybnDRfOgsLEAAAAC/50cent-smile.gif[/img]

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Olarewaju89: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
undecided

Capital NO

No just try am oo. Because your contact go suffer am if the person refuse to pay back.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Honestly, this is one of the reasons I put a password in almost all my apps.
Anything you wanna do, you're gonna have to have to let me know. Because what if he do it behind your back?

Back to the question, just tell him you just can't do it. It's hard to say no to people, especially family and friends, but then, them go put you for endless gbese and embarrassment if care is not taken.

Now I'm not saying your friend is a good friend who needs your help to come out of a tight spot, or a bad friend with malicious intentions. No. It's not about him but about you.

Look out for yourself and be on a safe side. You also get luck say e no fit see this post as e no get fone.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
I believe I don see this Post before.

But since you the ask for advice nau, as long as the person no use your number, bvn, name or any sensitive details, you should be fine. Na your guy epp am

abi you wan borrow am the money

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by joelag: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
We are getting there very soon... Free money for all.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Mannyautos: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
By doing that, you will have kissed goodbye to your privacy. Why must he use your phone, doesn't he have family or friends? Don't accept.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by danielblessing(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Don't allow him to use your phone for loan apps.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by tobenuel(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Trouble dey sleep, iyanga wan go wake am!

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by staga: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
OP are you a fool?
You will download the app, use your details and BVN and phone number to register on the app. Then you will give your phone to your colleague to borrow.

Your colleague does not have money to buy a smart phone, but he can borrow money from loan app.
OP, U get brain at all?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by houseontherock: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nothing wey Nigerians no fit borrow- even phone number grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Born2winKingOG: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
hahaha
check that guy get iphone, he's a wise man.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by bigcee(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ignorance is a bad thing o. See as you dey loose guard undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by joshuaidibia(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
Did the person use ur number as guarantor?

Them don tell you NO, you still dey ask questions. Oya go ahead na.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by oluwaseyi0: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
You will delete the app after he borrow? All I see here is crook , how will he pay back when you uninstall the app and he doesn't have smart phone

As far as the loan app company is concerned they are dealing directly with you and they have access to all you contact so be ready to pay back or have your name smear all over the place

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by B11la2b: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
I believe I don see this Post before

Be ur brothers keeper .. don’t listen to negative advice here .. there is no harm in using ur phone.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
A colleague wants to use my phone to borrow loan...

There is harm. Serious one. Those apps download your contacts who they'll harass the hell out of when he doesn't repay.

And there is a high possibility that they would link it to you since your phone number is going to be linked to his account.

So be prepared to receive lots of phone calls from the loan apps and the people they'd call.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Ijaya123: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Numerouno94(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
Be careful for nothing. He or she might put u into trouble...before u know it, ur phone number will be all over the news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
B11la2b:

Be ur brothers keeper .. don’t listen to negative advice here .. there is no harm in using ur phone.

I no understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad / My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK / Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.