Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? (47469 Views)

Advise On Toyota Avensis Wagon/hatchback needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by icecool12(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:

I love the small beautiful car… things are becoming more expensive and also I think going for tok will cost around 2.2m if am not wrong

More than that..
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Tzar(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
Buy a scanner that scans minimum of these two
1. Engine
2. Transmission (gear)
These scanners cost from 70k+
You will regret your purchase if you don’t scan a Nigerian used car before purchase.
Also get a trusted person to check for rust, suspension and other parts a scanner cannot check for you.
Most Nigerian used cars are lemons or what Yorubas call agbano!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Coolgent(m): 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
osuolale95:
Hello everyone, as the state of things are presently with hike in price of almost everything, is buying Nigerian Used of this Toyota Corolla Hatchback advisable? And how is the maintenance cause it’s going to be my first car actually. And also please what is the price range for the used ones? Thanks a lot for your response

This is 2003 model, It's very nice car.
my Wife has been using 2006 model.

1. Make sure it is not rightie (conversion from right to left)

2. Ensure the engine is very sound
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Coolgent(m): 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
Gravity56:
If the car is in good working condition I will advice you buy it !!!! Very Economical in terms of fuel consumption and very easy to maintain. Bought mine 1.8M two years ago.
How many kilometers are you getting per 10litres
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Coolgent(m): 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
Cokahot:
Better buy it now,use it for at least 8 months ,then sell and upgrade to corolla. I will advise you to buy it now. Not much can be done about it. Check engine,check gear,if engine has any fancy cover,tell your mechanic to loose it and check for any errors. Also check for any leakages both oil nd water ,check ac and all. If there are some wear and tear,then check if u can afford to fix. If u can't,walk away. But its best u buy car now,cos next year dollar go get better weight and naija used cars go turn to tokunbo price during pdp era. This car won't exceed 2.3m max,while naija used 1.7/1.8m. Cars don turn to gold,both used and toks.

You are right, am currently selling 9ja used for 2.4m though 2005 model,

I bought fairly used 9ja used 2006 model last 2 months for 2.350m
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by Coolgent(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
ceejay80s:

my boss bought 2 of this car for my colleague at the office for 1.2M tokumbo each and they are clean and sound
Oga am willing to but each pair for 1.5m
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by doggedfighter(f): 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
Carlmax:
Not all Nigerian used car are over used, my personal car will be on the market soon and it has practically not been driven for the past 6 months that I got it because I have alternative means of commuting. This car looks really nice, get a mechanic to look at it buy it if you are okay with it. I sell cars and I wonder how people still afford Toks with the current exchange rate.

Sell to me
Re: Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? by osuolale95(m): 3:50am On Oct 30, 2021
mbahdi:
First and foremost are u d one in ur dp before I answer ur question

Yes, but it’s an old picture…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honda Babyboy: Simplicity In Perfection / Innoson Gets New Automated Bus Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi (Photos) / Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.