Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. (18103 Views)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2021
The say in the council of multitude is wisdom.

I'm keeping it brief, I might pick your advice which can make or Mar me. I work with an establishment. Honestly these days the work ethic is making me depressed.
Come with me,
I pay for my marketing transportation, data and for calls. With a salary only shy above the minimum wage.
Regardless, pressure is mounting up that I'm not giving results. Let's be frank here, marketing operations differs diversely in this country. What works in kaduna, might not work in Lagos.
My peace of mind, is paramount. If you ask me whether I enjoy the working environment I did say no. But that's all a man got for now. Bearing up with the minimum.

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your advice is needed Nairalanders. Help push to the front page

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by yomi007k(m): 8:06am On Oct 26, 2021
Let me lay out certain facts or opinions;

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by NovesaTillie(f): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2021
Quit if you have to.
You only become a failure if you call yourself that.

You have to know that in life even the wealthiest and successful people have failed at some point and are still failing.

If you go crazxy people will talk
If you remain on the job people will talk
If you die people will still talk.

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2021
yomi007k:

1. Most people dont loke their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Quit if you have to.
You only become a failure if you call yourself that.

You have to know that in life even the wealthiest and successful people have failed at some point and are still failing.

If you go crazxy people will talk
If you remain on the job people will talk
If you die people will still talk.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Adekunle813: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2021
God will provide and help you with something better
By the way, Check my siggy wink

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by socialmediaman: 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Mental health is a serious issue but there are ways you can cope. The idea is to find ways to cope with the challenges of the job and avoid the mental health issues resulting from poverty and being broke if you quit without savings.

Try to communicate with your coworkers. Find out how they cope with the same salary. Also use this opportunity to prepare yourself for the next job that needs experience, so put in your best to gain the experience now rather than putting in less effort. The more you work hard, the more you gain exposure, experience and become better. Stay motivated. There are ways to do that. Do some research

Also, read, read, read. Make good use of the internet for research. There are so many opportunities online and offline but you can only find them if you stay curious and keep searching

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Mayour11(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please don't mess with your mental health. I think you need to develop a positive mindset and be intrinsically motivated. Try to positively affirmation yourself and be on the lookout for better opportunities. Try your hands on a business so you're doing that on the side.

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by SultanOfPuna: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
Put on a positive outlook and don't take any negativity brought your way to heart.. Quitting your job without an alternative isn't really ideal at this time...

Be hopeful of better days, the Lord is your strength

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
Quit that job now! I know what I am saying have been there before.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Firhasa: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
yomi007k:

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

Follow this Op

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by fatymore(f): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
grin
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by gpercuxionz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
Resign with immediate effect, get a plastic bowl, buy soft drinks and table water, locate the nearest hold up, buy and sell, and come and thank me after 6months in this forum

9 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by bolaayenimo: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
then resign
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by fk001(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
Quit bro

Quit!!
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by DAramis: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
It is better you get a job that pays you minimum wage, but offers you peace of mind and mental health than the one which will disrupt your mental state of mind.

Good health aside life is paramount bro. Every other thing is secondary. It will fall into place on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Lavisha(f): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
Don't Quit, don't quit has led many to early grave..
Choose wisely.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
If you have save some money,, resign

Iam a producer I will teach you how to sing
. We will arrange a fucking scene with a nairalander and then leak it.. There you go.. A super star

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Quit!
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by atobs4real(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
PLEASE WORK ON IT OR RESIGN. HEALTH IS FIRST.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by ignis: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
d
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by BIGDADDY000(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
That's makes TWO of us, am also fed up too, and at the point of loosing my mind

The worst here is that the remuneration is poor, and i got no one to share it with

AM TOTALLY FED UP WITH THIS JOB, AS AM TRUSTING GOD FOR BETTER OFFER.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Emu4life(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oya Ronaldo with your emotional health.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Authoreety: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sorry bro... If you know God, go on your knees and ask God for direction.. He's more than abundantly able to see you through

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by emmabest2000(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
For the sake of your mental health
QUIT THE JOB

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by jospepper(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
In the multitude of counsel there's safety...

Don't play with your mental health and overall wellbeing!

If you break down today, they ll find someone to replace you Quickly.

Use your tongue and count your teeth.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by BENRAZY(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Bleep d job bruh,
Look for something else, just keep pushing
In life if u don't fail u won't learn

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by OnlineArchitect: 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Your Health/peace of mind first bro. Don't ever negotiate it.

If it's not giving you peace then it's not worth it

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nwaotu10(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Same was obtainable with me as a private school teacher. I had to quit the job to stable my mental health.

I'm currently jobless, and looking out for driving job.
If I could get a driving job anytime sooner, it'd prevent me from this impending doom.
19/03/2022 cry

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
I think you are having the full right to do all what you want to do with you life, so please just decided what will be good for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / How Much Do You Spend On Transportation To Work On Daily Basis? / Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.