Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull (3000 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Very Useless And Dull / Are Nigerian Girls Really This Lazy And Dull? / Nigerian men Reacts and exited about This #800,000 Realistic Sex Dull (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Blackfire(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2021
Was she dull during the sex

Just say you want to branch out

Yoruba people eeehhh

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by AfroKnight: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2021
If you can’t manage it anymore, demote her to side chick and look for brilliant one as main chick.

Researchers say intelligence is passed through the mother. If she born for you, hmmm.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by shomutuski(m): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:
Good morning FAM, I've been dating my girlfriend for four years now since our 100 level in the university. She has been the perfect partner for me and a really strong backbone that has kept me going in tough times, I've lost count of ladies I've dated but this Lady has got me hooked full time hence the seemingly long duration of our relationship, because before now none of my relationships had exceeded 6 months. I think it's important to note that I'm her first date/relationship too.

Sometimes I feel lucky to have her, she loves and cares for me to bits and I do the same too though it's apparent she loves me more. I've good intentions towards her and sees her as part of my future, I will gladly marry her once I'm lsettled and ready for that but I've one nagging issue with her.

Academically I see myself as an average student on a CGPA of 3.47 according to my 300 level results since I'm yet to see my final year result ( fresh graduate ) though I channelled over 80% of my efforts and time in school to hustling.

My girlfriend on the other hand is on a CGPA of 2.76 which I still consider a reasonable result considering the school we graduated from. She's been hunting for a teaching job since she graduated with little success and frustration is gradually setting in.

She visited me recently and while in my place she got a call from a friend to bring an application letter to a school she's been eyeing for a while now. She drafted a letter and gave me to peruse through it. Going through the letter seriously broke my heart, obviously the reason she hasn't been getting interview invites wasn't far fetched. It was riddled with grammatical errors and blunders, she could hardly string correct sentences together and punctuation was totally MIA talk more of paragraphs. It was a total disaster.

There was no way she was going to get a job with that kind of letter unless maybe through man know man. I took time to teach her on how to write a letter and to be honest it was just like teaching a basic two child how to write a simple formal letter. She couldn't even get simple spellings right, I'm not a genius neither do I see myself as an exceptional student but I really expected more from a graduate. I tried so much to mask my frustration and disappointment so she won't feel bad.

I don't want to judge her but that her performance really left much to be desired and left me upset that I'm beginning to consider my future with her.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help her because I'm currently learning block chain development and UI/UX designing so I barely have time to spare now.

Please I need your advice on how to handle this situation.

So what nigga! even if she's dull, so what? you said it that she ticks all the boxes, A man literally benefits nothing from a woman success if I'm to be honest with you, this would go over most guys head so i'll say it again even if she is smartest bvtch in the entire galaxy, it does nothing for you bros.

keep that broad as long as she is on your program, she is feminine enough. let her handle her strengths and you cover her weakness. its not like it's her CGPA you gon use to feed yourself or some shvt like that.

She might be a wonderful home keeper and a good business woman, no be everyone they get affinity for academics, besides success comes in different variety. you can't tag her unsuccessful cus she cant get a job, do you fucking know how Nigeria is hard?? even you with all your CGPA still they learn extra skills. Don't get ahead of yourself and lose a dime.

I'll take a feminine, submissive, all on my program lady than a paper chasing, no good for nothing, equality BS lady. A man would always be egoistic, controlling, masculine and a provider always, we can only suppress our nature not kill it.

Ask yourself what does dangote need an overly smart wife for? he actually needs a woman who will play her role simples.

50/50 doesn't work for me, I mean if i have woman who is feminine, calm, not out there like ladies of today. I'll kill to provide for her.

when you start earning money well, you will understand, staying in Europe has taught me this.

Look at emoney, obicubana, akin alabi, Kcee, etc you can say the same thing for their wives. they are drama free, not attention seeking, always nurturing their kids and supporting their husbands.

when you start making money, all this cgpa, smart and blah blah metrics won't bother you. You'll need a woman you can trust, someone you can take your armour off for, she'll attend to your battle scars and help you go back to war while looking out for your seeds.

This is the basic role of a woman, it's civilization that spoilt everything. well this is a story for another day.

be on the lookout for ladies, that will try to play this role to win your heart and change later. The fake ones

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Unclesmart12: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
shomutuski:

So what nigga! even if she's dull, so what? you said it that she ticks all the boxes, A man literally benefits nothing from a woman success if I'm to be honest with you, this would go over most guys head so i'll say it again even if she is smartest bvtch in the entire galaxy, it does nothing for you bros.

keep that broad as long as she is on your program, she is feminine enough. let her handle her strengths and you cover her weakness. its not like it's her CGPA you gon use to feed yourself or some shvt like that.

She might be a wonderful home keeper and a good business woman, no be everyone they get affinity for academics, besides success comes in different variety. you can't tag her unsuccessful cus she cant get a job, do you fucking know how Nigeria is hard?? even you with all your CGPA still they learn extra skills. Don't get ahead of yourself and lose a dime.

I'll take a feminine, submissive, all on my program lady than a paper chasing, no good for nothing, equality BS lady. A man would always be egoistic, controlling, masculine and a provider always, we can only suppress our nature not kill it.

Ask yourself what does dangote need an overly smart wife for? he actually needs a woman who will play her role simples.

50/50 doesn't work for me, I mean if i have woman who is feminine, calm, not out there like ladies of today. I'll kill to provide for her.

when you start earning money well, you will understand, staying in Europe has taught me this.

Look at emoney, obicubana, akin alabi, Kcee, etc you can say the same thing for their wives. they are drama free, not attention seeking, always nurturing their kids and supporting their husbands.

when you start making money, all this cgpa, smart and blah blah metrics won't bother you. You'll need a woman you can trust, someone you can take your armour off for, she'll attend to your battle scars and help you go back to war while looking out for your seeds.

This is the basic role of a woman, it's civilization that spoilt everything. well this is a story for another day.

be on the lookout for ladies, that will try to play this role to win your heart and change later. The fake ones
Thanks so much sir, your words have lifted a big burden off my chest. Your post is filled with wisdom and experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by tunize(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
E nor dey complete finish for person na book she nor too know and is something that can be corrected. Me don see graduate when nor fit spell e own name. What I am trying to say is this, if she's willing to learn no shaking join her to grow and tell her you love her but she needs to really improve if she's to secure a good job.

Don't lose a diamond because you're looking for a gold so many graduates are out there even inside nairaland that are far worse than your bàbe instead of looking for ways they can improve themselves , you here them saying school na scam or work nor dey Nigeria, government bad, why in reality dem just be like "DUATE"in GRADUATE
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Collinsemegreat(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Bear in mind, Kindergarten to Pri 2 is VERY difficult to hire for. Perhaps she should pick a niche and perfect it.[/quote]

Can you expantiate on this?
As I was offered to teach prim 1&2 I am finding it difficult to accept
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Judybash93(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
This is something you can help her with. She obviously didn't pay much attention to this part of her education whiles studying. You are her men. Sit her down and try to help her in a loving way.
Moreover, don't sound condescending. Her inability to express herself doesn't mean she's dumb.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by ainas247: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
OP, there's actually nothing wrong with that.
Do the little you can to help her and leave the rest.

The Girl with a good heart is farrrrrrrr precious than the girl that can construct the best grammar in this world.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Depressed101: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:
Good morning FAM, I've been dating my girlfriend for four years now since our 100 level in the university. She has been the perfect partner for me and a really strong backbone that has kept me going in tough times, I've lost count of ladies I've dated but this Lady has got me hooked full time hence the seemingly long duration of our relationship, because before now none of my relationships had exceeded 6 months. I think it's important to note that I'm her first date/relationship too.

Sometimes I feel lucky to have her, she loves and cares for me to bits and I do the same too though it's apparent she loves me more. I've good intentions towards her and sees her as part of my future, I will gladly marry her once I'm lsettled and ready for that but I've one nagging issue with her.

Academically I see myself as an average student on a CGPA of 3.47 according to my 300 level results since I'm yet to see my final year result ( fresh graduate ) though I channelled over 80% of my efforts and time in school to hustling.

My girlfriend on the other hand is on a CGPA of 2.76 which I still consider a reasonable result considering the school we graduated from. She's been hunting for a teaching job since she graduated with little success and frustration is gradually setting in.

She visited me recently and while in my place she got a call from a friend to bring an application letter to a school she's been eyeing for a while now. She drafted a letter and gave me to peruse through it. Going through the letter seriously broke my heart, obviously the reason she hasn't been getting interview invites wasn't far fetched. It was riddled with grammatical errors and blunders, she could hardly string correct sentences together and punctuation was totally MIA talk more of paragraphs. It was a total disaster.

There was no way she was going to get a job with that kind of letter unless maybe through man know man. I took time to teach her on how to write a letter and to be honest it was just like teaching a basic two child how to write a simple formal letter. She couldn't even get simple spellings right, I'm not a genius neither do I see myself as an exceptional student but I really expected more from a graduate. I tried so much to mask my frustration and disappointment so she won't feel bad.

I don't want to judge her but that her performance really left much to be desired and left me upset that I'm beginning to consider my future with her.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help her because I'm currently learning block chain development and UI/UX designing so I barely have time to spare now.

this is the leverage that's keeping her with you. This is why your relationship with her seem perfect.. Bros take it like that and let her develop on her terms, don't force it, write the letter for her and cover for her when necessary.

If you take away her dullness from her, you probably won't have her with you, that's the plain truth

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by lkillbrokehoes: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
Since she's your girlfriend, there's no offence teaching her.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by rex444(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
You are very correct but truthfully, how many offices really get much to do? Try work for most ministries in naija...
shortgun:
sadly many Graduates are like that and makes me wonder why they complain of lack of jobs when they have nothing to offer.

No employer will employ you when you can't add any value to the organisation.
If you love her as you claim sit her down and coach her for some time....that is if she's ready to learn cos most of them only know how to shout "am a graduate, am a graduate!!"
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Meekha(m): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
I don't consider anyone who graduated with a 2.70 CGPA as a dull person. Perhaps, learning thru books are not her thing. She might do better with videos or any other person-centered learning approach.

From what I've read here so far, she's a genius. Yes, she's far more emotionally intelligent than she's book smart. The biggest corporations I know, will pay four times more for the former than they'll do for the latter.

Don't lose a rare gem for absolutely nothing. I've been there, and I can't advise you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by tarantino1: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
G0LANHEIGHTS:
Sometimes i wonder what's always giving some men the impression that it is their responsibility to better the lives of their girlfriends. Op you better leave that your dullard girlfriend for the sake of your unborn children.

It is surprising too sha
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by babavik: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
Nwanne the sad truth is that you cannot have it all in one package.

If she's teachable my guy, manage her situation, teach her and correct her in love.
It's now we know if you also love her

I have come to understand that it must not all be there.. Come on I can make good dishes, if my partner cannot do better in kitchen that means i must complement for our companionship and also growth.

That's why we both need each other.
No man is an island and no man on the other hand has it all.
Kudos Man.
Seeing intelligent comments like this is a very big relief to a troubled soul.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by tchidi066(f): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
Everyone must not be book smart in life, search around, there must be something she is quite good at, what about skills, certificate does not fetch much these days, help her out, it's not enough reason to dump her, what if you meet someone highly intelligent today and she becomes a thorn in your flesh, of what use is it... my humble opinion though
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:

Dear op, you are not the only one who is/has experienced such. It's so annoying and frustrating when your partner is dull academically and not smart that you have to do almost everything for them ranging from doing assignment, seminar work, test, you just name it and at the end their CGPA is an apology. I broke up with my ex at my 400l due to what you just stated above.
Honestly it can be so annoying. We are all not perfect, but some people's own is something else

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Clinghton: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
You can chose to guide her or leave her.
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by revived: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
Jashub:
Bros , it seems you're one of those Nigerians who carelessly substitutes intellectual prowess for compatibility in a relationship . But what you must first understand that love is the very first foundation of any relationship out there, and without it , that relationship stands no chance of survival.

And secondly , education is not the all-in-all in today's society, especially as the world now operates on a skill-driven economy . But if you're worried about her literacy level ,then encourage her to have a reading culture. Reading a book of two a week would greatly improve her spelling and comprehension skills.

Ogbeni op follow this

Even my babe sef is tech illiterate

And here I am on keyboard 24/7

This life no just balance aje

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by Shokoloko(f): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
Unclesmart12:

dyslexia most likely. She isn't dull. she is different
Re: My Girlfriend Seems Academically Dull by SavageResponse(m): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
The reason why she can't write in proper English is because of the nonsense shorthand most under graduates use when composing text messages these days

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Nigerian State Has The Highest Number Of Runz Girls / Why You Must Stop Giving Her Attention / Hello Guys What Investment Can I Start With 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.