Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 (10506 Views)

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:59am On Oct 27, 2021
Commercial Flights Set To Begin At Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport, October 30

What has for a long time seemed an impossible dream to Ndi Anambra, having their own airport for easy movement of passengers, goods and services has finally become reality.

Come Saturday, October 30, 2021, the first commercial passenger plane will land at the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport at Umueri, signalling the commencement of commercial activities at the airport which was wholly constructed by the government of Anambra state, under the able leadership of His Excellency, Governor Willie Obiano.

The airport which took only fifteen months to construct with state resources, and without the state borrowing from any financial institution will ease the sufferings of travellers, traders and other businessmen and women in nearby Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and other Anambra towns. Also Ndi Anambra and other visitors who have for long endured the difficulties of both local and international travels will heave a sigh of relief, as they have for long endured the tortuous travel to Anambra through airports at Enugu, Asaba, Owerri, and Port Harcourt.

While breaking the news exclusively to Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS), Governor Willie Obiano said, “I thank the management team of the various regulatory agencies including Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and others for their support in making the Anambra airport project a reality”.

Continuing, Governor Obiano said, “I want to thank the good people of Anambra state who have kept faith with my administration. I am happy that I and my team have been able to deliver on the airport project and in record time. We give all glory to the almighty God. We have once again shown our resilient Anambra spirit. I believe that with the commencement of commercial activities at the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport, and soon -to- be launched 10,000 capacity Anambra International Convention Centre, Anambra state is entering a new era of economic development and prosperity”.

https://www.facebook.com/200902653400035/posts/2096999717123643/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:06am On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to Gov Willie Obiano, Congratulations to Anambrians, congratulations to Igbo nation, congratulations to Nigeria

# APGA is the code

Airport Road 100% ready

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:11am On Oct 27, 2021
Book your ticket

Visit Airpeace website for booking

https://www.flyairpeace.com/

Invitation To The Commissioning Ceremony Of Anambra International Passenger/ Cargo Airport, Umueri for Commercial Flight Operations

His Excellency, Chief Sir Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State requests your esteemed presence at the commissioning ceremony of Anambra International Passenger/ Cargo Airport, Umueri for Commercial Flight Operations.

Date: Saturday, October 30, 2021
Time: 10am

Come and witness this epoch making event as Anambra state enters a new era of economic development and prosperity.

Announcer

Uzuegbuna Okagbue
Deputy Chief of Staff/ Chief of Protocol to the Governor of Anambra State

6 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by donvicky2007: 2:29am On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to Anambra people.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Namnam: 4:41am On Oct 27, 2021
Well that’s good to hear and knowing the government has ramped up spending on infrastructure means shit like this is gonna happen more
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by updatechange(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2021
Good news from the East... Wehdone

6 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by money121(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2021
Good news kiss

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by LeeSantos(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2021
grin real big congrats. This are the things other regions are supposed to be doing real fast. Cus if the country seizes to be. They would lose big time as against the bandit regions.

6 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Abboki: 5:11am On Oct 27, 2021
grin
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by NoFucksToGive: 5:11am On Oct 27, 2021
Oh well. At least it will help them import containers through the air easier .

So now I can ship stuff from abroad sites like Amazon down there faster instead of going to Lagos ...

19 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Tony5050(m): 5:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to the people of Anambra state.

More wins...

Kindly check my signature for your Academic research content.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by lkillbrokehoes: 5:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Finally! congratulations to anambra people.

8 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Wokenaija: 5:15am On Oct 27, 2021
Correct !

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by habeeb246(m): 5:16am On Oct 27, 2021
This is a very big win for onitsha people

8 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Anyahuruagu: 5:16am On Oct 27, 2021
Weldone Mr Willy.

IKPEAZU why not resign and make your family proud.?

16 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by jaykay68(m): 5:16am On Oct 27, 2021
Congratulations to the people of Anambra, weldone to Gov.Obiano for the wonderful news coming out from Anambra, keep the flag flying.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by AMAUCHESKY(m): 5:16am On Oct 27, 2021
My wife has bought tickets o9oooooo9oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by JeffreyJunior: 5:18am On Oct 27, 2021
That's my state, making me proud since time immemorial.

Kudos to Obiano, he really delivered on this one.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by hardizzle: 5:20am On Oct 27, 2021
So that they can go for the election, the fear of ESN, the fear of using the road. All the same good job Willie
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 27, 2021
Ok.... but where is the airport located if i may ask
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2021
This is truly magical, we’ve made giant strides in aviation lately, kudos to states and the private sector

5 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Focusmind: 5:25am On Oct 27, 2021
Let the airport road remain safe. That's my worry. That airport road should be manned 24hours by security personnel. It would be a soft target for all those robbers since the road passed through villages known for strifes, violent crimes and armed robbery.

People landing in that airport are not going to umureri. Some would be going to Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi,Enugu or even to other neighbouring States like Kogi and Delta. The importance of secured airport road can't be over emphasize.

Congratulations!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 27, 2021
grin Lagos Go soon start to lose IGR To Anambra . I trust my Igbo brothers import and export on a major Scale . Igbo Amaka God bless Igboland.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by candidbabe(f): 5:30am On Oct 27, 2021
Anambra obodo oma
Anambra adigo mma
IGBO AMAKA

6 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by fasho01(m): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2021
That's nice..

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by KoshCAD: 5:32am On Oct 27, 2021
AlphaAlex:
grin Lagos Go soon start to lose IGR To Anambra . I trust my Igbo brothers import and export on a major Scale . Igbo Amaka God bless Igboland.
Day dreamer

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by tunwumi: 5:33am On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by tujays(m): 5:37am On Oct 27, 2021
hope they don't use the Airport as Illicit drugs route.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by chigoziri2403(m): 5:38am On Oct 27, 2021
It's been long overdue

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Chukdobz20: 5:38am On Oct 27, 2021
Likely that the airport road will be armed robbers and kidnappers infested. I'm Anambranian living abroad, can't wait to return home but the crimes and Insecurity breaks my heart.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra / Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar (no Deposit Please!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.