Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size (63156 Views)

How To Measure For Your Bra Size / Ladies How Often Do You Wash Your Bra / 500-Year-Old G-String And Bra Discovered In Ancient Castle In Austria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by pocohantas(f): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
I was just trying to shop for some new brassieres and the vendor didn’t have my size. I was scrolling through when I stumbled on a fine red one. Sent it to her because I wanted it. She quickly reminded me it wasn’t my size. I found myself educating a bra seller on something that would help her business. grin

How many times have you seen a really beautiful bra, you want to buy it, you scroll down to the size list and boom, it is not your size. This keeps happening and it gets you wishing the wrong size could be the right size.

Well, the wrong size could actually be the right size and there is a name for it…

SISTER SIZES

But before we go further, let’s understand how bra sizing works.

Your bra size compromises a letter and number.

For example: Mine is 38B. 38 is the BAND SIZE, that part of the bra that goes round you is 38inches.

B is the cup size. The part that cups the boobs.

The band size is directly proportional to the cup size. So if the cup is perfect but the band is tight and I decide to go for a 40B, I won’t get the same fit. The band would be fine, but the cup would be loose. What should I do? I go for the bigger sister size, 40A!!

The rule of thumb is;
down one band size,
up one cup size

If you need the band to be tighter, it is okay to do the smaller sister size (i.e) the sister size with a smaller band. In my case, I can do a 36C, but not a 34E, except I would use a bra extender on the former.

Attached is an image to guide you. Follow them horizontally (in a lying, not standing position).

When next you wanna shop for a new bra, you don’t have to search helplessly for one size. I hope this helps.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by pocohantas(f): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
By the way, what is your favourite bra colour?

There is a misconception that women hate white bras/panties because they can’t maintain them. I don’t think that is the case with most women. They are just boring and look like old mama something. Red, pink, blue, floral… anything but white please. undecided

Watch the video below for more tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpttU20spc

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by starbuck(f): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
I have been taught this but yet I still don't know my bra size embarassed embarassed.. My late mom tried her best but I refused to learn...

Right now, whenever i go shopping for my bra size and that my daughter, I call my sister in law to help me remind me of my size and whether I should get a fully padded or lesser �‍♀️..

All my bras comes in black

28 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
starbuck:
I have been taught this but yet I still don't know my bra size embarassed embarassed.. My late mom tried her best but I refused to learn...

Right now, whenever i go shopping for my bra size and that my daughter, I call my sister in law to help me remind me of my size and whether I should get a fully padded or lesser �‍♀️..

I don’t do padded anymore. When I was younger I loved it, now I don’t go near them.

God bless your sis in-law. Good relationship you two have there.

Do you know your shoe size or you call your grandmother for that one? grin

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by 1Sharon(f): 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
pocohantas:

There is a misconception that women hate white bras/panties because they can’t maintain them. I don’t think that is the case with most women. They are just boring and look like old mama something. Red, pink, blue, floral… anything but white please. undecided

There are some white sexy undies you can get though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by 1Sharon(f): 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
starbuck:

You can measure yourself sis

2 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by pocohantas(f): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
1Sharon:

There are some white sexy undies you can get though

They look good in pictures, but I won’t fall for it. Ain’t buying that. Do you own some? I think I have two and I just push them aside when picking out one for the day.

Oh, I hate thongs too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by slawormiir: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Damnnn.....

This looks like a real niggarrs thread..

Grab my weed and beer with excitement....

Boobs.....one of the things that give niggarrrrs joy in the body of baby girls

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by BrickDevo: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
pocohantas

2 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Flexherbal(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for the bra education.
Lol

5 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by id4sho(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
shocked
Vendor no get your size, hmmmm

COWBELL, OUR MILK

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by mysticgal(f): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
My dear, to find a bra size for busty girls like us is war especially.
Imagine telling a seller that this is your size, they will eye trade you and show you something that you know absolutely wouldn’t fit or something way bigger like a size G cheesy.
When you finally find the right size, the band has to be amended, even the so called portfolio underwears on Instagram….. let’s not venture into pricing.

10 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
I love boobs

27 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
So I'll go through this lectures and studies because of bra that I'll size on life and direct before I buy? undecided.
No time to check time. Biko.

I go to a shop. Try it with my clothes on until I get my perfect size.

I used to wear a 34 but these days the thing has been getting rounder and Fuller so all I know is, the cup size has increased. So I just pick anyone that fits well.

My favorite color is black and a lacy white.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by haconjy(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
I think I am not wanted here

4 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
Silicon palava
Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by solpat(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
cool tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by sundaygray(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
I just filled my head with information I might never use grin

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by BadNews: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
If You Are A Lady And You Love Pink Bra

Get In Touch With On Whatsapp Chat With 0810-373-9506
Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by tnerro1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
I love standing breast but with all these 419 bras, we no know which ones be original again. E no go better for the person wey invent bras

Let those things be free jor

28 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
Educative.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Swinger60(f): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
pocohantas:

I call "white in undies" a grandma color.

I prefer red, peach, pink, etc.

1 Like

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
pocohantas:

LOL. Very true, they don't like it because they can't maintain it. Recall when I once lived in a face me I face you house, when these girls newly bought white bra or panties. You will see it on the line after washing as they confidently put them on the line so that guys can trip say na Esther Sabi maintain white stuffs like this grin grin That's the last time you will see the bra and panties on the line. The next time you will see them, it would be in the trash bin as he go done turn brown . grin angry cheesy grin

20 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Earlystar698(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
The speed some people use to view this thread is like a speed of sound grin

16 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
I don't like bra and panties cus I think both are useless

I only like what they're covering

20 Likes

Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by gboyetade: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
Here to learn
Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
pocohantas:
I was just trying to shop for some new brassieres and the vendor didn’t have my size. I was scrolling through when I stumbled on a fine red one. Sent it to her because I wanted it. She quickly reminded me it wasn’t my size. I found myself educating a bra seller on something that would help her business. grin

How do we measure the size?
Re: Sister Sizes: When The Wrong Bra Size Is The Right Size by MAYOWAAK: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
You opened this topic because Federal Government said they want to sell the Brassieres seized from Diezani?

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Rocks Crazy Hairstyle (Photos) / Made In Biafra Shoe Spotted In A Lagos Market / Newly Arrived Grade Aa London Chiffon Blouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.