Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? (18135 Views)

Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Kissiemu(m): 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nna men!

Who principle help? One man's olosho is another man's wife material.

What can a nigga do?
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Flier: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
I don’t have any! I live a freestyle life
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Flier: 11:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissiemu:
Nna men!

Who principle help? One man's olosho is another man's wife material.

What can a nigga do?
Dont mind all of them copying pasting from google.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by God2man2again(m): 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Following Jesus Christ
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Polynek(m): 12:44am On Oct 29, 2021
Mine is very simple, always be self CONTEND
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Rick9(m): 1:26am On Oct 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
1. My Standard Principle is to Please GOD First. Be a GOD Pleaser not a man Pleaser.

2. Do unto others what you want them to do to you.

3. Stand on Godliness not with Majority. Majority, most of the times are not right. That Everyone is doing it does not make it right.
Be Led by GOD and HIS Word not by Majority.

4. Nothing on Earth is worth trading my soul For. Absolutely Nothing!

5. Absolute Confidence, Trust and Belief in GOD ALMIGHTY.

Well said

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Bosch10(m): 3:38am On Oct 29, 2021
mariahAngel:

OK. There's this one that occurred to me: If you find someone in an unpleasant situation, imagine yourself in that situation and do for that person (as much as you can) what you would want to be done for you if you were in that situation.
Give/do to others what you would want from others.
more like putting yourself in the person's shoe and viewing things from their own perspective
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Bifwoli: 3:54am On Oct 29, 2021
anayolity:
Everyone has a principle that guides them in life , some stick to it the entire time while others might break it, learn their lessons and become better at what they believe in.

Over the years one of the Principles that has kept me from betrayal is "Anyone who double crosses his friend/girlfriend debases himself and automatically reduces his lifespan"

Let's learn from yours .

Please feel free to share.
My principle in life has always been "anyone and everyone can betray you " and i've always been proven right 100% so far. Thus i never completely trust everyone even the "good ones".

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by edunaragold(f): 4:17am On Oct 29, 2021
Once beaten twice shy
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by otipoju(m): 4:56am On Oct 29, 2021
paulavon:
Have passionate love for nothing ( drink, food,money,sex,sleep,drug,fashion,etc) so that you can't be easily influenced or controlled by them.

This is me talking...never attached to anything to the extent that you cant walk away from it if the situation demands you to.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by femi4: 5:27am On Oct 29, 2021
anayolity:
Everyone has a principle that guides them in life , some stick to it the entire time while others might break it, learn their lessons and become better at what they believe in.

Over the years one of the Principles that has kept me from betrayal is "Anyone who double crosses his friend/girlfriend debases himself and automatically reduces his lifespan"

Let's learn from yours .

Please feel free to share.
Be nice to everyone but cut off ingrates as soon as you identify them
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 6:40am On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:

Rotfl grin. You cracked me up so bad!

The ones I know personally really rock.

1. The God-sent landlord whom I like, respect and I've mentioned on this forum is from Edo State.

2. The incredibly sweet atheist I can't stop raving about, is from Edo State.

3. An awesome ex, I clicked with on the dance floor and went on to date for 2 years is from Edo State.

We are still in touch and it takes just one text message from him to start laughing like a jackal, he has a great a sense of humour.

4. One youngster I am older than, who makes me laugh and is always on my case for a relationship is from Edo State too. I like his sense of responsibility and business acumen.

These ones do legit and honest work for a living, a common denominator with all four is their hard working, down to earth, responsible and decent lifestyles, which I can't help but admire.

Hmm you're lucky you've met amazing men from this state then.
But I want to ask this question, "Did they grow up in Edo State, particularly for a long time here?" cheesy.
If they did and they're still nice, then yeah they're among the 2% of reasonable Edo men.
If they didn't live in Edo for a long time, then I will say "Thank God" grin.

By the way, when you say "men from Edo State", is it Benin, Ishan or Esan men?
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2021
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:

Folake abeg no finish me with laugh.

Now that you ask I realize some partially grew up there, while others didn't grow up there.

They are from Edo, but they did most of their living and schooling (secondary and tertiary) in other parts of the country.

One is from Benin, another Auchi, If I am not mistaking one is from Ishan or Auchi (I can't remember correctly but he told me) I'm not certain where my landlord is from but he has mentioned before.

Lol I'm just being realistic here na. Besides, I reside here too and I know the men very well. cheesy

You see! I knew it! They can't possibly have stayed here for a really long time and still have their heads intact. Edo men get skoin skoin for head oh, it's only the grace of God that makes the remaining 2% sane.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:

Lol, are you from there as well?
You always crack me up sha cheesy

@ The bolded, I didn't know that but they're always so quick to distinguish the fact that they are from Auchi not Ishan.

So, I thought that was two separate entities.

Lmao really? grin grin

Yeah, they're actually two separate entities.
How do I explain this now?
Auchi side is Edo North, here you can see "Ishan" people , you'd also see predominantly core Hausa/Muslim people too.

daddytime Please can you help me explain the difference between Auchi and Ishan people correctly?
I don't know if I explained this well.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by daddytime(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2021
folake4u:

I'm from SS and SE. grin.

Lmao really? grin grin

Yeah, they're actually two separate entities.
How do I explain this now?
Auchi side is Edo North, here you can see "Ishan" people , you'd also see predominantly core Hausa/Muslim people too.

daddytime Please can you help me explain the difference between Auchi and Ishan people correctly?
I don't know if I explained this well.

Lol...Auchi is in Edo North and predominantly Muslims, while the Esans are found in Edo central and mostly Christians.

Although, there can be some similarities in the languages spoken in both areas, they aren't one and the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Sam0(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2021
Honesty
Work hard
Fear of God
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2021
daddytime:

Lol...Auchi is in Edo North and predominantly Muslims, while the Esans are found in Edo central and mostly Christians.

Although, there can be some similarities in the languages spoken in both areas, they aren't one and the same.

Thank youuuuuuuuuu very much Sir.

Klass99 , See your answer here.
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Psoul(m): 8:28am On Oct 29, 2021
For me:
1. Be Christ Conscious
2. Never allow that thing you cannot do to stress you. I try my best and if truly I can't get it, I let it be. I don't worry about it. I can still get it some other time. This has made me ageless especially when compared wt my age mates.
3. Learn how to say "No". When you don't know how to say No sometimes, you'll not be able to manage your life and even any position.
Say No to that request you know will badly inconvenience you. Highest, the person will frown face for you, but you will save yourself a lot. If the person decides not to be a friend wt u any longer, congrats. You have solved (removed) one problem out from ur life.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Mandela27: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2021
The fear of karma
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Tosman12(m): 8:41am On Oct 29, 2021
CONTENTMENT!!! ........................The peace that comes with it is highly underrated.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Klass99(f): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by pocohantas(f): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2021
folake4u:

Lol I'm just being realistic here na. Besides, I reside here too and I know the men very well. cheesy

You see! I knew it! They can't possibly have stayed here for a really long time and still have their heads intact. Edo men get skoin skoin for head oh, it's only the grace of God that makes the remaining 2% sane.

Yeah Auchi is part of Ishan-land.

True. I know three Edo men, they are all responsible but they all didn’t grow up in the state. It is the same across tribes. An Igbo or Hausa person who didn’t grow up in their region would act a bit differently and defy some stereotypes.

The one I met that grew there till adulthood, hmm. Anyway, he learned the hard way that Igbo girls are notorious for a reason. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by ojotobiloba1: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2021
To desist from borrowing. To allows live withing my means and limit
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by headboyprince(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2021
Never give up. smiley

Always hang on till the very last minute. Always restrategize and come back again and even the toughest of problems will bow.

As long as IAM still breathing, I can never give up on what i want.

2 Likes

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 10:52am On Oct 29, 2021
pocohantas:

True. I know three Edo men, they are all responsible but they all didn’t grow up in the state. It is the same across tribes. An Igbo or Hausa person who didn’t grow up in their region would act a bit differently and defy some stereotypes.

The one I met that grew there till adulthood, hmm. Anyway, he learned the hard way that Igbo girls are notorious for a reason. grin

That's nice! The fact they didn't grow up in the State makes them really responsible, otherwise ehn, lipsrsealed

You're right about the stereotype example sha.

Edo men ehn, especially the ones that grew up till adulthood, their pride and arrogance is on another level. The ones living around me are terrible people. Some of them prefer their wives to be breadwinner, even after that, they'd still collect the money from her hand and have the effrontery to say "I nor fit collect money from woman hand" but they won't go outside to work oh.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:

Which one is SS and SE? Are we not supposed to claim origins from the father's side? In that case I am from SS and NW grin.

Thanks for clarifying @ Daddytime & Folake. Whether Auchi, Esan or Ishan I just feel fortunate and grateful to have crossed paths with the men I mentioned and I thought it was fascinating that they are all from Edo State.

I have met other good and impressive men whom I genuinely like, from Akwa Ibom, Delta and Lagos States (Badagry) They've all touched my heart and soul in different ways, I will forever cherish.

Who says good people don't exist in Nigeria? But, I didn't meet any of these men on the internet grin. It was face to face and in-person.

Klass oh! grin grin grin

The reason why those men are fascinating is because they didn't grow up here oh, otherwise na fire for fire you for see. cheesy

You're right about Delta and Akwa Ibom guys sha, they're really nice set of people. See the way you're explaining it sef, you be lover girl oh grin grin.

Of course, good people exist in Nigeria whether online or offline. It's just that we focus on the negative narrative all the time (you can't help it sometimes especially when you're dealing with Nigerians).
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by pocohantas(f): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2021
folake4u:

That's nice! The fact they didn't grow up in the State makes them really responsible, otherwise ehn, lipsrsealed

You're right about the stereotype example sha.

Edo men ehn, especially the ones that grew up till adulthood, their pride and arrogance is on another level. The ones living around me are terrible people. Some of them prefer their wives to be breadwinner, even after that, they'd still collect the money from her hand and have the effrontery to say "I nor fit collect money from woman hand" but they won't go outside to work oh.

People who see me say I don't act like an Igbo girl because I didn't grow up in the East. Lmao

Lmao! One of them said this same thing about his brothers. He said their ego is the highest in the universe. cheesy

When it comes to taking care of their women, I still think Igbo men are the best on the average. That is why it looks like our men are the least adulterous. It is not like they don’t like women, but they understand the responsibility that comes with it and unlike Yoruba, Edo and Delta women that would be toiling while the man is going about impregnating other women. Igbo women won’t do that with you. You must train those kids two of you had. Na Igbo women be No.1 for oriaku syndrome, albeit at a cost.

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2021
Munzy14:

Impressive.

Thank you
Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by folake4u(f): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao! One of them said this same thing about his brothers. He said their ego is the highest in the universe. cheesy

When it comes to taking care of their women, I still think Igbo men are the best on the average. That is why it looks like our men are the least adulterous. It is not like they don’t like women, but they understand the responsibility that comes with it and unlike Yoruba, Edo and Delta women that would be toiling while the man is going about impregnating other women. Igbo women won’t do that with you. You must train those kids two of you had. Na Igbo women be No.1 for oriaku syndrome, albeit at a cost.

JEEZ Poco! Even it's the same with the educated ones here. And you'd be wondering if education didn't pass through them.
A friend I know, despite attaining educational achievements and everything said nothing in this life will make him help his wife carry her handbag even if she's sick.
Another said that any man who eats ice cream isn't worth being called a man at all.
See ehn, when you hear them give some excuses, you'd be wondering how their mentality works.
And na them cheat pass oh, na them nor get money.

Yessss! Igbo men take care of their wives. The man might wear tattered clothes but his wife will be wearing all silk dresses, looking well fed with the children and that is the man's joy and pride.
Lol, our men like women sha but still, they handle everything responsibly so it doesn't escalate.

Igbo to the world! cool

1 Like

Re: What Principle Has Kept You Through Life? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2021
folake4u:

Yeah Auchi is part of Ishan-land.
@bold,no Auchi isn't a part of Ishan-land,Auchi is a part of Etsako land it is in Edo north,Ishan-land is in Edo central where Esan people are from.

@klass99

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? / How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.