Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim (11090 Views)

PDP Appoints Ex-Senate President, Adolphus Wabara As BoT Chairman / Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / Orji Uzor Kalu: Don’t Handcuff Me - Ex Governor Begs Prison Warders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by blamingthedevil: 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, has explained he went to the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abuja, on his own volition, on Sunday, when he heard that his name was mentioned by someone who was being investigated by the anti-graft agency.

According to Anyim, who was also a former President of the Senate, the anti-graft agency never invited him, adding rather, he went there himself when he got information that someone under investigation mentioned his name.

A Peoples Democratic Party’s Chieftain, Anyim observed he was, however, surprised that after his engagement with the EFCC officers, he was not allowed to return home.

Anyim narrated his encounter with the EFCC in a statement by his Media Adviser, Sam Nwaobasi, on Tuesday evening.

The statement, said, “Anyim had been inundated with inquiries from friends, associates, PDP faithful and the general public.

“These were with regards to media reports that he was invited and detained “as part of an investigation in a case of alleged corruption and diversion of public funds.”

“It has, therefore, become necessary to put the records straight on what went on between Sunday, 24, to Tuesday, 26 of October.

“Senator Anyim got information that some person invited by the EFCC in connection with some matter it was investigating mentioned his name in the statement made to the EFCC.

“Determined, as always, to ensure that the truth prevails, Senator Anyim reached out to the officer handling the matter and offered, of his own volition, to come over to the EFCC to clarify any issues around which his name was mentioned.

“The officer was delighted and they agreed to meet in his office at the EFCC by 3p.m., on Sunday, October 24.
https://punchng.com/why-efcc-detained-me-%e2%80%95ex-senate-president-anyim/
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by MRDEE01: 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
ok
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by klonboi: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
cheesy
He heard his name and the heart skipped!

No get high Bp ohh!

3 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by slawormiir: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ....he hear he name....then he quickly run go meet them make he press one or two buttons
They are Always in a hurry to go block efcc officers so that they won't be investigated....

They will always volunteer to go to efcc office to quickly bribe them before the matter cast..

Stupid politicians everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by dettolgel: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Is Ayim a broom waiving demon?

If he is an umbrella carrying demon then he should get ready to be dragged across the country. Otherwise he should go home and sleep with both eyes closed.
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by sucexfic(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
blamingthedevil:

no one is above the law, if you're righteous then you will be justified. Don't come and disturb us here, at least you're spending the money you embezzle alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
For each and every politician that have looted from our national treasury, no matter the party they are,
And put our darling nationin in all this mess never end well in life, along with those supporting them.

It is so sad that you still see some online thugs and miscreants worshipping and supporting those evil politicians that have stolen their future and that of their unborn kids and their unborn kid's kids!

May the miserable lives they are in now continue to be with them for supporting thieves, looters and criminals that took our darling nation 100 years back.

Say AMEN to this if you are not a hypocrite.

They all stole money meant to bring development, peace and a lot to this nation.
Criminals.

But d koko be say : posterity will judge us all.

specialmati:
; grin grin grin I will say amen today.
So shall it be in Jesus name.

We Rise!!

Grace001:

Amen to your prayers
They(wicked heartless politicians) have messed this country up
It's just so sad and pathetic.
God bless you Grace.

Mynd44 Dominique,
Antibiotics spam nekwa! undecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by ignis: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
He was detained because he refused to join APC after being forced and threatened to join APC.

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
blamingthedevil:

“Determined, as always, to ensure that the truth prevails, Senator Anyim reached out to the officer handling the matter
So they just let you go grin grin

An offer was made by the presidency via EFCC or DSS and the offer was accepted by senator Anyim!

We all know what the offer was in the case of Fani Kayode

Only time will prove me right in the case of Anyim!

Igbos watch out! I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Sebastine1994(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Power without accountability is dangerous, I know it because I experienced it.

Last year my boss was fired, he wanted to cripple the company, he wore better clothes than the owner of the company.

I know every secret because I was his errand boy, and my loyalty has its reward.
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by nathyx(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Cover up things grin grin
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Lovenorth: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
You don't have to tell us, they have detained you because you are a thief
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by ntyce(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Stories....

You stole our yam, you were invited and detained.

Return our stolen yam and get punished....
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by money121(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Yimu
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Praktikals(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
So why did EFCC detain you?
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by kennykruzmason: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
Someone who has nothing to hide won't stress about his name mentioned, not to talk of visiting the EFCC office. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Nigerialabalaba: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
He still dey with EFCC since October 23. Good one by EFCC.
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by treatise: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
blamingthedevil:

You'd have waited for the invitation if hadn't anything to be scared of.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Jibsy203(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
Obi Cubana is greater than Rapist Muhammad
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Grace001: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hardly will you see any Nigerian politicians not guilty of one financial related crime but since it’s a padi-padi things, cases like that are sweep under the carpet
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Maxymilliano(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
smiley
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Grace001: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
post=107108144:

For each and every politician that have looted from our national treasury, no matter the party they are,
And put our darling nationin in all this mess never end well in life, along with those supporting them.

It is so sad that you still see some online thugs and miscreants worshipping and supporting those evil politicians that have stolen their future and that of their unborn kids and their unborn kid's kids!

May the miserable lives they are in now continue to be with them for supporting thieves, looters and criminals that took our darling nation 100 years back.

Say AMEN to this if you are not a hypocrite.

They all stole money meant to bring development, peace and a lot to this nation.
Criminals.

But d koko be say : posterity will judge us all.

So shall it be in Jesus name.

We Rise!!

Amen to your prayers

They(wicked heartless politicians) have messed this country up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Antoeni(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
For the Fact That EFCC Detained you, That Means You Violated Economic and Financial Laws
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by seborrhic: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
Maybe true he went on his own.
But he did so not to CLEAR his name,but to BLOCK his name,from being mentioned.
Cunny man.
But EFCC won't do matter,so he should not fret.They will only become nuisance in his day to day activities,that's all.
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by ugbanante: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Why walk into the evil net when u were not compelled or invited?
Just because someone mentioned your name u walk in to hear the matter. In Nigeria? Haba, hope u went there after church service, because Sunday is a busy day for u.
Sir, please seek legal counsel next time before u take this step, because our police force isnt that matured to handle this kind of "walk in and walk out" yet.
Cheers Sir
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Return back the loots with you please sir
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by davodyguy: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Senseless reportage.

Headline says he was detained and at some point in news, Anyim himself said he was surprised why he wasn't allowed to go.

The media officer did not even comment on that part

Na wa
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by Saintfrancis82(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lol, he follows chop money too
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by zoedew: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
Centenarian! Centenary City.
Re: Why EFCC Detained Me ― Ex-Senate President Anyim by mu2sa2: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
This dubious igbo man can lie in Africa and the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pm News Apologises To Mrs Ajimobi / Biafrans buy Armoured tanker for explosion PHOTOS / PDP Robbed Buhari In South-east In 2015 – Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.