Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea (586 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea by JohnBoscoKing: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good day House,

Please, I have been working with a company for more than one year on a contract basis in a project of two years duration. The company has over 500 workers of which pension deduction of certain amount is been done on individual worker salary on monthly basis for more than one year and some months now yet the company has refused to remit same deduction into our pension account. Each time we question the company management representative about the pension matter is either he tells us that he is working on it or we get threatened of sack. Now the project is coming to an end yet no hope of getting our pension from the company. I am so worried the company don't run away with our pension fund as the project is coming to an end.
Please I need advice on where to report the matter and I will like the pencom officials and the pension managers in the house to enlighten me on the appropriate channel to use to report this matter to pencom or appropriate authority for action before the company run away with our pension dun that amount to millions of naira. We are been deducted heavily on monthly basis because we are working on oil & gas project. Thanking you for your anticipated useful information.

1 Like

Re: My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea by Maxymilliano(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Section 11 (5) (b) of the Pension Reform Act (PRA 2004) provides that the employer shall not later than 7 days from the day the employee is paid his/her salary, remit an amount comprising the employee’s and employer’s pension contributions to the custodian specified by the Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) of the employee. Furthermore, Section 11 (7) of the PRA 2004 provides that any employer who fails to remit the contributions within the time prescribed shall, in addition to making the remittance already due, be liable to a penalty to be stipulated by the Commission provided that the penalty shall not be less than 2 percent of the total contributions that remains unpaid for each month the default continues.

Going by the above statutory obligations required by law, You need to write a petition against the organization for non-remittance of your contributions over time and send to PenCom before the end of the contract agreements ...

But have you been registered with any of the Pension Fund Administrators to start with ?

1 Like

Re: My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
My former employer did the same to me.I approached my pension managers for part of my pension to be given to me to enable me apply for a driver licence to apply for a driver's job after I used my last savings to enrolled for a driving lessons after I had left the company.That was how I knew that my employer has not been remitting my pensions.
My pension manager guided me on how to go about it.Approach your pension manager.She will guide you.
Meanwhile,why most employers deduct pension from staff and don't remit is because there is a 50% they will add to the already deducted percentage from the staff salary which they are hesitant to remit.
Re: My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea by Maxymilliano(m): 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Joysticks:
My former employer did the same to me.I approached my pension managers for part of my pension to be given to me to enable me apply for a driver licence to apply for a driver's job after I used my last savings to enrolled for a driving lessons after I had left the company.That was how I knew that my employer has not been remitting my pensions.
My pension manager guided me on how to go about it.Approach your pension manager.She will guide you.
Meanwhile,why most employers deduct pension from staff and don't remit is because there is a 50% they will add to the already deducted percentage from the staff salary which they are hesitant to remit.

Actually, the minimum contribution under the Pension Act is 18% of monthly emolument (with a minimum contribution of 10% by the employer and 8% by the employee)

1 Like

Re: My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea by JohnBoscoKing: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Thanks, please through which medium do I use to channel my petitions to pencom.

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Record Deals Signed By Artists In The Nigerian Music Industry / Learn How To Sew Shirts That You Can Were Inside Out. / House Keeper/nanny Needed - Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.