Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) (33632 Views)

Sicilian Mafia: Matteo Denaro Dies At 61 / Dozens Killed As Cyclone Freddy Slams Malawi And Mozambique (Photos) / Cyclone Amphan Tears Into India, Bangladesh, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Gospelpreacher1: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sicilian Cyclone: drops a year's rain in 48 hours and kills at least two people as roads are submerged after four-day storm

At least two people have died after a cyclone battered the Italian island of Sicily and dropped a year's worth of rainwater in just 48 hours, leaving many streets flooded.

Footage shows roads submerged under raging flood water and roads and buildings being left overwhelmed after almost 20 inches of rain fell in just 48 hours.

A red alert warning had been issued for the northern tip of Sicily and Calabria in southern Italy.

So far, the extreme weather has claimed the lives of at least two people. One victim, a 53-year-old man, died after being swept away in Gravina, north of Catania, reports news agency Ansa.

The man's body was found beneath a car on Tuesday by volunteers after torrential rains swept through the area.

Meanwhile, the body of a second victim, a 67-year-old man, was found by workers on Sunday near the Sicilian town of Scordia, and his 54-year-old wife is reportedly still missing.

One video, shared on social media, showed the fish market in Catania, on Sicily's eastern coast, submerged in floodwater, with more water streaming down from higher ground onto the market, flooding buildings and shops.

Alessia Gaffuri, who filmed the clip, said: 'Today my city was submerged by bad weather and it was difficult for all of us to leave the house.

'There were some missing people, who unfortunately lost their lives.'

Salvo Pogliese, the mayor of port city Catania, has closed all schools and businesses and advised against going outside unless it is urgent.

He said: 'It's obvious to everyone how the city is faced with a tragedy and almost unprecedented atmospheric phenomena.

'Nobody likes to close schools, but exceptional situations are responded with exceptional decisions.'

Overnight, Italy's national fire department reported that 620 rescue missions had been carried out by 186 firefighters - and yesterday, firefighters had carried out 300 rescues on cars stuck in the floods in Catania.

Other videos have shown a group of people rescuing a man trapped underneath his car on a highway in Catania.

Rows of abandoned cars can be seen and in the midst, a group of people desperately trying to tilt a submerged car over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8xd2WAFPQA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10135943/amp/Sicilian-cyclone-drops-years-rain-48-hours-kills-two-people.html

1 Like

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Gospelpreacher1: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by thundafire: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
With our bad roads things for bad oh and with such rain light still dey unlike a country in West Africa

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Righteousness2(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Unprecedented Devastating Events ripping through he Nations and Continents

These Devastating events are not accidents nor are ther Merely the "NATURAL CYCLE OF THINGS"

The World is Enduring Events that are designed to bring about the End of Days and Cause us to Repent.

Listen Folks! Let no one Deceive you that things will get better or with a false hope of so called Climate Change Mitigations. They will only get Worse.

Let us Get ourselves Ready, because JESUS is Coming!!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by CrownOfClay724: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
These Devastating events are not accidents nor are ther Merely the "NATURAL CYCLE OF THINGS"

The World is Enduring Events that are designed to bring about the End of Days and Cause us to Repent.

Listen Folks! Let no one Deceive you that things will get better or with a false hope of so called Climate Change Mitigations. They will only get Worse.

If I were you , and I know this much about end time, I'll kuku kee myself and rest from all the daily torture and lamentations these variable events will continuously bring me.

The world is not ending soon.
We've seen worse natural phenomenon play out...and the world would see even more as global warming and explosive Population tinkers with the planet's balance.
Come off it!

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by obonujoker(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lol... grin

1 Like

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Candidlady: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
I think i have been "stingy" for too long
i want to "give" my life to christ

12 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Johncables402: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Climate change is real. Imagine if this kind of thing happen to that shythole Nigeria ?. Everything will scatter .

9 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by FVckbubuDcow: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Mr Righteousness na psychopath I swear.

Meanwhile, politicians na naija natural disaster

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Kayberg: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
I sense the cars heading to Nigeria as Tokunbo; Accident Free; Full Option; Duty Fully paid. Nothing to fix. Buy and drive; ₦2.165m asking price on nairaland Auto/Cars section.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by gabrieltemmy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
angry

BEFORE YOU SCROLL, CHECK TOP 3 WAYS YOU CAN MAKE MONEY LEGALLY IN NIGERIA. VERY HOT

https://www.naijaposh.com.ng/top-3-business-nigerian-youths-are-doing-to-make-money/
Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hmmm. May God help us
Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by teemyte: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Wahala no dey finish
Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
The church is sleeping, it's not speaking truth to power

Allows all sort of dressing in the presence God!

God is angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Emu4life(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Righteousness2:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by kereman1: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
If this kind rain drop for Lagos, rivers or bayelsa, they will be lost in the Atlantic ocean

9 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Gadafii: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Gospelpreacher posted thread, he uses his righteousness account to comment

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Franklyspeakin: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2021
Tokunbo cars will full Africa this year and next year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Techguy96(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Candidlady:

You should be more interested in climate change and how you can play your part to save the earth, rather than giving your life to an imaginary being we are not even sure exist.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by lexxwiz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
When Mother Nature feels like showing off..
My fellow Islanders, make we Dey prepare o, one day go be one day. God no go shame us.

Ps: who noticed that in all of the flooding NEPA no take their light? � Nigeria Will make you think backward sha!

1 Like

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Flood water in Oyibo land be like tap water in Naija.

The real flood water can only be seen in Nigeria and will all be pure red due to untarred roads.

1 Like

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Psalmistproject: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Chai I remember those days when event like these calls for swimming galore!

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Commentor: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Wey dat guy wey day post betting fixtures?

This page is vacant.

5 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by illicit(m): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Candidlady:

Give it to me baby wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Sleekfingers: 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Johncables402:
Climate change is real. Imagine if this kind of thing happen to that shythole Nigeria ?. Everything will scatter .

Tell an average nigerian about climate change.....you go hear all kinda ridiculous excuses and ignorance response........e.g God forbid it, it is not our portion etc

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Techguy96(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
The church is sleeping, it's not speaking truth to power

Allows all sort of dressing in the presence God!

God is angry
Nope, humans are stupid and emitting too much gas which is depleting our ozone layer and causing our earth to be hotter.

Now this is how to approach life, we should be reasonable and take responsible action's rather than living in the delusion of religion.

9 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Feggie3: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
You use one account to post a fierce news and then you use your second account to masturbate on the news. Is that not fraud?

15 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by Techguy96(m): 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Tell an average nigerian about climate change.....you go hear all kinda ridiculous excuses and ignorance response........e.g God forbid it, it is not our portion etc
There are already displaying their ignorance here, Instead of discussing climate change, they are busy talking about religion and how god is angry.

Who do us for this country sef

7 Likes

Re: Italy: Sicilian Cyclone Kills Two And Drops A Year's Rain In 48 Hours( Pix,vid) by dazzlingd(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Righteousness2:

Sense is far from u

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Behind Drone Attack To Assassinate Putin - Russia Claims / Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons / Putin Fires Hypersonic Nuke and Drills Near Ukraine Border (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.