Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom (10277 Views)

Igbo Traders In Port-Harcourt Auto Market Ignore IPOB Sit-At-Home (Video, Pics) / Election: FG Declares Friday Public Holiday, Excludes Bankers / FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by SRAROFDAVID: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2021
The President General Igbo community in Akwa Ibom state, Elder Sunday Orie has appealed to the Federal Government not to dismiss the threat by the Indigenous People of Biafra concerning the Anambra elections as a non-issue.

IPOB had threatened to declare a one-week sit-at-home order across the South Eastern states beginning from November 5, the eve of the elections if its leader, Nnamdi Kanu is not released.

Speaking with newsmen in Uyo on Tuesday, Orie who is also the CEO of Ugo Parker motors urged the federal government to seek a dialogue and ensure a peaceful atmosphere is created before the election.

According to him, a dialogue would be the best option rather than returning fire for fire.
He said, “The federal government should take their threat extraordinarily serious; it’s not something to toil with. I am appealing to the federal government to look into their agitations before the elections. Look into their problem with a bit of dialoguing with them because there is nothing dialogue cannot solve; not fire for fire.”

Orie said it’s not about INEC having made adequate preparations that matter but having a peaceful atmosphere for people to come out and cast their votes without fear of molestation and harassment.

The Chief executive Officer Ugo Parker motors said even the intimidating presence of security agencies is enough to make the people not come out adding, “you cannot be asking me to come for elections when you are using gun after me”

https://punchng.com/anambra-polls-fg-shouldnt-ignore-Igbos-threat-says-akwa-ibom-igbo-community/

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Meeu2: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2021
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by SlayerForever: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Common sense.

Please can we know more about his office. Leader of Igbo resident community or indigenous. I want to check something grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by SlayerForever: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Abdul05: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2021
Fagi
Are you now saying that FG should fear ipob?
Nonsense!

The trouble that will follow on that 5th ba, none of those ipob terrorists would receive sympathy from federal troops grin grin grin

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Dannybammz: 10:50am On Oct 28, 2021
grin
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by optionalY09: 10:52am On Oct 28, 2021
Wether government dialogue or not there would be no election in Nigeria that validates the 1999 constitution.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Itesyn: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2021
If they have ear, let them hear it

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by SRAROFDAVID: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2021
Abdul05:
Fagi
Are you now saying that FG should fear ipob?
Nonsense
I just want to watch the trouble that will follow... grin
as if they are not already fearing ipob, they are just doing gra gra

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
I don't understand why the government is finding it so much hard and very difficult to negotiate with all the aggrieved people's sayings no elections in Anambra state

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Numerouno94(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
All these chestbeaters shouting Ipob can do notin/ notin will hapn will obviously b in their respective homes on election day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by zoedew: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
FG is not likely to do so. FG knows that the SE is usually quiet in the face of Operation Python Dance! All FG has to do is put up Operation Python Dance and the SE will be quiet for willing voters to participate in the election. The SE will not confront the NA in a conventional engagement. Quite unlikely that SE wants another war. To sit at home is a choice. Elections are won by the largest number of votes not by number of folks who sit at home and chose not to vote.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Emmypure: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Let me buy popcorn and watch how this movie will unfold.

In this scenario fg is the actor.
While ipob the head slammers are boss, and one thing I know from American movies is that boss has never defeated actor in any film.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Aidejay(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
I swear nobody gives a flying fck what IPOB does or says.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Toluwanise247(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
It is well with my soul... I pity the innocent soul that will die during the election. Rip in advance

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by iscom(m): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
They need to talk
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
May Amadioha and devil punish Ipob terrorists along with their big brother boko haram.

Cownu and his online swines and murderers will never end well in life...
Same goes for boko haram leader and their cohorts.
Cownu no go die better, for killing our relative Miracle Nwobodo for joining Nigeria Police and leaving his elder sister alive in the same Police force.
If u no wan die or celebrate Xmas, quote this post now.
Anuofias dem

Na Amadioha and Sango go strike all of una supporting the killings of innocent igbos

sureboykris:

First time I'm seeing you so uncouth... Why all this anger?
We only hope you won't be angry when a bastard snuff the life out of a very close and dear relative close to your heart..
A shining star in her family at that.
A young girl with lots of prospects in life.
A girl already bringing smiles and happiness to her younger ones and aged parents.
We pray that will never be your portion in life,,
And we pray for you from the bottom of our hearts @MANNA that, that will never be your portion in life.

Her mom keeps crying up till this moment, refusing to be consoled.
Now, Say AMEN and go to work!
Have a good weekend.
They who feels it knows it.
For the dozen virgin girls killed for their otukmokpo,
Their blood will cry on the heads of Cownu.
It's only a matter of time

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Even if it is only 2000 indigenes that come out to vote,
A governor will still emerge.

Useless sets of murderers and killers.
All of you supporting terrorism, blood and deaths,
Putting many families in everlasting sorrows will never end well in life.

As the 2 souls below are buried today October 28th 2021, so shall the joy and happiness of each and every supporters of evil, killings, anguish, terrorism and violence in our nation be buried as long as they live.

We Rise.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Election no go hold

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Ushman333: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Last last APC will declare their candidate winner. Life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by TheOldGods: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
I'm coming
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Blackfire(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
We will deal with those miscreants...

Anambra is Apc

North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by VEXT: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
No erection in Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Lugianostar(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
IPOB will do nothing from what they have done before now.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ushman333:
Last last APC will declare their candidate winner. Life goes on.

Story, very unconstitutional
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
What's the issue with Nigeria? A part of a country that feels is being marginalized wants to be free.. Why can't you grant them their request? Africa was one time a continent under the colonial rule,but as time goes on they fought for independence through the likes of nkruma and Co and today the continents is literally free. Give the igbos Biafra,, give the yorubas Oduduwa,, let the south be and that's all. This entity Nigeria is not working it very glaring.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
Blackfire:
We will deal with those miscreants...

Anambra is Apc

North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o

Hope you will lead the team to deal with them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Anaerobi(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Only God will deliver this nation.
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Skillsnigeria: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom by Otasikwe(m): 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Abeg make military take over dis country na abeg i dey beg pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition / Boko Haram Attacks Kogi Prison•kills Guard, Sets Members Free / See Funny Picture Of Gov Wike That's Trending On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.