Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... (5540 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Emerges Winner Of Ondo APC Guber Primary Election / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ijaw numerical counting........

Comparism of the numerical counting of Apoi Ijaw of ondo and Opobo Ijaws of rivers state,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Opobo....
1=NGEI............
2=MAI......
3=TEREI....
4=INII
5=SONO
6=SONIO
7=SONOMA
8=NINNE
9=ISENI
10=OYIII

Apoi....
1=KENI
2=MAM
3=TARR
4=NII
5=SORON
6=SIDIO
7=SONOMA
8=NINNE
9=IISEN
10=OYI/WOI

Opobo and Apoi are the most distance and distinct dialects in Ijaw........ Ijaw is truely one and indivisible..........

God blessed Ijaw Republic.....
God blessed General Ditari.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igbos should bring their numerical counting let's compare it to the Opobo own..............
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ijwas are just too divided along the Delta.

3 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by BigSarah(f): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Everyday una dey share land and population on Nairaland.

Ethnic jingoists sef

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by BKayy: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Igbos should bring their numerical counting let's compare it to the Opobo own..............

See what Captain Hugh Crow recorded in 1830.
I posted the shot of the numbers but if you need more on the language he met in Ubani and Opobo, click the link.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115997041797/igbo-ubani-bonny-island-dialect-word-list-by

And please, I am begging you in the name of the Ogogoro you respect and that would be Seaman's Schnapp, I am not here to move back and forth with you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by EzeAro: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

I posted the shot of the numbers but if you need more on the language he met in Ubani and Opobo, click the link.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115997041797/igbo-ubani-bonny-island-dialect-word-list-by

And please, I am begging you in the name of the Ogogoro you respect and that would be Seaman's Schnapp, I am not here to move back and forth with you
Nwanne, You obviously see a man who sleeps and wakes up to Seamans schnapp and local gin as his luxury breakfast, lunch and dinner yet you're engaging him even when it's clear he's clearly trying to bait Igbos into his ogogoro-induced rants of stupor, just learn to ignore certain stupid topics and they die a natural death... you dey fall hand sha.

12 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you for this.

In fact, the captain started compiling his findings from 1790. It was then published in 1830. Tell the creek rats to show us their counting way in Bonny as recorded by neutral observers in Bonny, before 1790. They shouldn't just consult Robbstark to write down his 1 to 10 counting.

Any Ibani of Bonny counting that is later than 1790 fails the test. It has to be earlier than 1790

11 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Newton85: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Apoi people that have been Yorubanized already?
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by BKayy: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
EzeAro:

Nwanne, You obviously see a man who sleeps and wakes up to Seamans schnapp and local gin as his luxury breakfast, lunch and dinner yet you're engaging him even when it's clear he's clearly trying to bait Igbos into his ogogoro-induced rants of stupor, just learn to ignore certain stupid topics and they die a natural death... you dey fall hand sha.
I think you skipped the last part of my post.
I said "I am not here to argue"
The post was to set record straight with fact before lies start passing as truth.
Unlike the history part which has been set straight, this counting system is a new development and must be addressed on time before damage is done.

If anybody challenged Alagoa in 1971, we won't be having this conversation with Ijaw people today.

9 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Igboid: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

Nwanne, you are wicked o!
You didn't even allow his Agenda to Agend . You shot it on the spot. Point and kill things.

12 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

Ibani dialect is similar to ohuhu according to your cocaine induced captain..... and you you also took out time to read such crap,,,,,,,

and the cocaine couldn't let that captain doom to remember that Ibani speaks igbo language they borrowed....

brother, say no to hard drugs

4 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

Nwanne, you are wicked o!
You didn't even allow his Agenda to Agend . You shot it on the spot. Point and kill things.
and you will believe that crap from the doomed captain, right?

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Igboid: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
and you will believe that crap from the doomed captain, right?

The captain was a professional and was neutral.
Much better than illiterate ogogoro drinking persons dishing out fake news. grin
Problem with Bonny and Opobo, is that everything about both Islands were both well documented by the colonial masters.

If Ndiigbo take Ijaws to world court over both Islands, we would win, if you refuse to obey the court, we treat you in a language you understand.
Better enjoy your Hausa-Fulani friends one NIGERIA while it lasts.
Because from here upwards, nah downward spiral for you lots.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Newton85:
but their language is afreshed in minds
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

Much better than illiterate ogogoro drinking persons dishing out fake news. grin
Problem with Bonny and Opobo, is that everything about both Islands were both well documented by the colonial masters.

If Ndiigbo take Ijaws to world court over both Islands, we would win, if you refuse to obey the court, we treat you in a language you understand.
stop been delusional bro

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

you can only take Opobos to the court, because they are the ones who sticked with the Ijaw identity,,,,,,

if you take Opobos to Court for not accepting igbo identity, then you will lose woefly

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Christistruth00: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Newton85:

Omoyele Sowore is Apoi who speaks Yoruba but no Ijaw
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Ibani dialect is similar to ohuhu according to your cocaine induced captain..... and you you also took out time to read such crap,,,,,,,

and the cocaine couldn't let that captain doom to remember that Ibani speaks igbo language they borrowed....

brother, say no to hard drugs

But the good captain also told you all that UBANI was first settled by Igbos.

Dr. Baikie also repeated the same fact in 1850. The Ijaws there are just illegal immigrants grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Ijwas are just too divided along the Delta.
na u divide dem??
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
you can only take Opobos to the court, because they are the ones who sticked with the Ijaw identity,,,,,,

if you take Opobos to Court for not accepting igbo identity, then you will lose woefly

Opobo is owned by Jaja's descendants who are clearly Igbo.

Opobo is even named after an Igbo king of Bonny.

Igbos will win in Ubani and Opobo cases.

Even Dakuku Peterside, the most famous politician from Opobo, accepts the Igbo roots of Opobo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

But the good captain also told you all that UBANI was first settled by Igbos.

Dr. Baikie also repeated the same fact in 1850. The Ijaws there are just illegal immigrants grin grin
Ijaws there are migrants,,,,see cocaine infested fingers typing anything........

Just go to Ibani and tell them they are migrants ,,,I promise, you will have your last day on earth
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Even Dakuku Peterside, the most famous politician from Opobo, accepts the Igbo roots of Opobo
jaja was only a slave brought to there....... reason with brain na,,, how can a slave be owner of a place over masters?
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
Christistruth00:

truth,,,,,, but their language is well spoken in bayelsa where they migrated
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Christistruth00:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Peterside is an Ndoni man not Opobo

Jaja went with loyalists and their families from Bonny.
And even all jaja children had Ijaw mothers.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Newton85: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
Christistruth00:

Omoyele Sowore not only speaks Yoruba, he has Yoruba names like other Apoi people. While I'm not deciding the ethnic identity of Apoi people for them, it's just a fact that Apoi people have been Yorubanized.

4 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Newton85: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
but their language is afreshed in minds
Lol, which language? They speak Yoruba bro. Of course there are still vestiges of Ijaw language in Apoi land, but the only Ijaw people in Ondo State who have not lost a real touch with their Ijawness are the Arogbos.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

That's never word from Bonny.
The same people who said Ijaws of Delta and Edo don't have boundaries created this nonesense u posted here.
Saying that there are no Ijaws in the three warri LGA similar mumu person created this nonesense of you urs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws there are migrants,,,,see cocaine infested fingers typing anything......

Just go to Ibani and tell them they are migrants ,,,I promise, you will have your last day on earth

I hope every Ibani man in Bonny is paying the right sort of respects to the king of Igbo descent.

That's all. You can take your ogogoro and drown in it for all I care

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
Newton85:
Omoyele Sowore not only speaks Yoruba, he has Yoruba names like other Apoi people. While I'm not deciding the ethnic identity of Apoi people for them, it's just a fact that Apoi people have been Yorubanized.

Sowore always say he is ijaw

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Newton85:
Lol, which language? They speak Yoruba bro. Of course there are still vestiges of Ijaw language in Apoi land, but only Ijaw people in Ondo State who have not lost a real touch with their Ijawness are the Arogbos.
I know,,,, what I mean is there dialect is still known.........

Apois and Opobos are really given Ijaw headache...... because they lost their languages to igbo and Yoruba........... well, am glad they never lost their Ijaw identity,, they always agitate for their Ijaw identity

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by ekesol: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Peterside is an Ndoni man not Opobo

Jaja went with loyalists and their families from Bonny.
And even all jaja children had Ijaw mothers.

Rubbish.
Peterside is an Opobo man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Multiple Projects In IMT Enugu / 300,000 APC Members Burn Brooms In Katsina, Join PDP (Video + Sai Mun Bata Wuta) / Islam:you Can Marry 5 Years Old Girl And Wait Till She Is Ripe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.